/* */

PDA

View Full Version : road to guantanamo

MusLiM 4 LiFe
03-10-2006, 08:59 PM
did anyone watch it? i was soooooo touched by it!!

especially when monir got lost.. dey never found out what happened to him..

it was so upsetting the way the US were treating da "three kings" or "tipton three"..

did anyone see when the US guy kicked da Qur'aan.. :heated: i got bareeeeee angry :grumbling

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
muslimah4life
03-10-2006, 09:01 PM
Salaam sis i missed it im getting it on dvd

MusLiM 4 LiFe
03-10-2006, 09:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah4life
yeah sis u shud, its a really wicked drama/film thing.. :)

muslimah4life
03-10-2006, 09:05 PM
thanks for that sis everyone at school was talking about it I had it recorded but my mam accidently deleted it on sky

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kittygyal
03-10-2006, 09:07 PM
o yea i heard abwt it and it's so bad man i feel sori 4 da guyz man :'(

me stp sis tld mi and am lyk ''WOT!''

TAKE CARE

MusLiM 4 LiFe
03-10-2006, 09:13 PM
thanks for that sis everyone at school was talking about it I had it recorded but my mam accidently deleted it on sky
i had it recorded aswel :giggling: cuz i cudnt wach it wn it woz givin..

man sis jodi, itz soo upsetinnnnnn.. i woz nerli in tearz.. wen da US tortured them.. :(

Kittygyal
03-10-2006, 09:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
i had it recorded aswel :giggling: cuz i cudnt wach it wn it woz givin..

man sis jodi, itz soo upsetinnnnnn.. i woz nerli in tearz.. wen da US tortured them.. :(
i knw me stp sis waz tellin me

and excpessialy when dey put naked pics infront of em :rollseyes

well i heard more but it's jus lyk ''WOT!''

TAKE CARE

Maimunah
03-10-2006, 09:21 PM
ave seen
its just sad to see our brothers being treated like day:(
too many swear words n shooting aswell!!
may god guide them
salaam

MusLiM 4 LiFe
03-10-2006, 09:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mashaallah
ave seen
its just sad to see our brothers being treated like day:(
too many swear words n shooting aswell!!
may god guide them
salaam
especially wen they wer forced.. dey woz onli kidz :hiding:

Maimunah
03-10-2006, 09:33 PM
it made me sad when i watched it
oh how i wish the muslim ummah would wake up from their sleep n see wats happenin to us!!!!!!

MusLiM 4 LiFe
03-10-2006, 09:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mashaallah
it made me sad when i watched it
oh how i wish the muslim ummah would wake up from their sleep n see wats happenin to us!!!!!!
yeahh init sis..

FatimaAsSideqah
03-11-2006, 02:00 AM
Yeah i've watched it..soo touching drama! :'( I saw US soldier threw and kicked our wonderful and mircale Qu'ran..it make want to Allah sent to destroy on him!! I'm sooo angry to see tht!! :rant: Astagfirullah!!:grumbling

F.Y.
03-11-2006, 04:46 AM
Sorry what is this? It sounds very interesting.
I cant believe they threw and kicked the Quran!Well, really...i can actually.
Oh Allah. Help!

Can anyone tell me where i can view this?

Peace

afriend2
03-11-2006, 11:13 AM
salaam,

aw man i watched it with the whole family and i was in tears :'( thats all ive been thinking about!!! subhanAllah, may Allah make their faith stronger!! :wub:

sis F.Y. ^^^ it was basically about 4 young muslims that were in pakistan in 2000, because one of them were about to get married. they decided to take a trip to Afghanistan to see what it was like (this was just before the war). whilst they were there, the war started and they endured lots of suffering and pain as well as thousands of other muslims.:( one of them called monir was left behind by accident and was never found again. :'(

the US and british army took loads of afghanis and the tipton 3 to guantamano and well.......the rest is just full of misery and pain. Qurans were kicked, people were abused mentally and physically. :(

with the story are interviews of the three, and alhamdulillah they said that at the start of the journey to pakistan, they werent really good muslims but now they try to be in everything they do!

it is a touching story and i recommend people to watch it although there is a lot of swearing unfortunately.

wassalam

afriend2
03-11-2006, 11:32 AM
salaam,

^^^^ its true that most of us see what is happening but they feel that options are limited. we cant just wait around for Imam Mehdi to come, we have to do something. but its all good in saying it, but that doesnt work. we have to act upon it inshAllah.

alhamdulillah watching Islam channel has really opened my eyes, you see brothers and sisters helping the families that have had relatives detained in pointless prisons, you see lawyers that are helping the actual detainees. but we need more of the support, and du'as. inshAllah.

wassalam

zed
03-11-2006, 01:06 PM
:sl:

I watched the documentary with my family, and as much as I am aware of the attrocieties that are being commited in guantanamo bay.I never wanted to really think to much into it for my own peace of mind. Watching it disgusted and sickned me as to what humans are capable of, but what angers me the most is why is nothing being done? Why was it not being discussed in the work place when everyone has an opinion on 9/11 and 7/7why was it a taboo? Do muslims not bleed when their skin is cut, do muslims not hurt?

Ghazi
03-11-2006, 01:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zed

I watched the documentary with my family, and as much as I am aware of the attrocieties that are being commited in guantanamo bay.I never wanted to really think to much into it for my own peace of mind. Watching it disgusted and sickned me as to what humans are capable of, but what angers me the most is why is nothing being done? Why was it not being discussed in the work place when everyone has an opinion on 9/11 and 7/7why was it a taboo? Do muslims not bleed when their skin is cut, do muslims not hurt?
Salaam

Thats because the majority of people see these people as the enemey and therefore don't really care.

zed
03-11-2006, 01:10 PM
:sl: NAZIA

IS THE ISLAM CHANNEL ON SKY OR CABLE?:?

Ghazi
03-11-2006, 01:13 PM
Salaam

It's on Sky and you can also watch it online at http://www.islamchannel.tv/

zed
03-11-2006, 01:19 PM
Jazakallah Kahir for the email address and the info. Its sad to know that our brothers are living in hell on earth and not one single person from this so called civillized society can stand up to the tyrants!

Ghazi
03-11-2006, 01:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zed
Jazakallah Kahir for the email address and the info. Its sad to know that our brothers are living in hell on earth and not one single person from this so called civillized society can stand up to the tyrants!
Salaam

I understand this, these day people fear they'll be labelled terrorists if they do anything.

julie sarri
03-11-2006, 01:33 PM
:sl: i watched the programme it was so upseting i found it hard to belive that human beings could treat one another this way:grumbling i thougth my husband was going to blow he got so angry in the end we had to go to sleep:heated: we have to stand to gether and help one another even if its only a little we can help its better than nothink even if its just rembering prisoners in are preys each morning when i pray i ask allah (swt) to help my brothers and sisters around the world who a wrongfully in prisoned or are being apressed inshaallah he hears all muhammad (saw) was a mercy to all mankind so dont you thinck we should be mercyfull and helpfull to one another and take a step in his good teachings inshaallahi love for the sake of allah(swt) the hole muslim ummah even if i only get to meet a thew muslims in my life i will still wish blessing on the ones i will maybe never meet:w:

Shadz111
03-11-2006, 02:47 PM
Salamz all

I missed it and I want to watch it so much. Can anyone tell me where I can watch it online. Has anyone upload on the net...plz anyone tell me.

Jazaks

M Ilyas
03-11-2006, 10:06 PM
salaama alaykum shadz111

here is a link
http://www.channel4.com/film/newsfe...namo/index.html
You can download it and then watch it I think

Have a nice day!

wasalaam

Shadz111
03-11-2006, 10:10 PM
[QUOTE=M Ilyas;208338]salaama alaykum shadz111

here is a link
http://www.channel4.com/film/newsfe...namo/index.html
You can download it and then watch it I think

Salams bro

Jazaks for the link. Tried to go on it but it not wrking.

wasalam.....

M Ilyas
03-11-2006, 10:17 PM
try this
http://www.channel4.com/film/newsfea...amo/index.html

ma'asalama

Maimunah
03-11-2006, 10:37 PM
jazaakaallah bro

minaz
03-11-2006, 11:06 PM
Just carrying on from another thread (EastEnders), it's funny to see those who came down on watching EastEnders as haram like a ton bricks and fully want to see this documentry which contains music, foul language (which EastEnders doesn't) and shows members of the opposite sex.
Anywho this docu/film is great and I urge you guys to watch it ASAP

IbnAbdulHakim
04-14-2007, 11:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
yeah sis u shud, its a really wicked drama/film thing.. :)
drama?

i swear it was a documentary.

didnt those brothers actually live through gitmo and get released?

im confused

PS: sry didnt read thru whole thread, :exhausted

Al-Hanbali
04-14-2007, 11:46 AM
:salamext:

Yh it was a reconstruction of what the 3 brothers went through.

Pk_#2
04-14-2007, 12:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by minaz
Just carrying on from another thread (EastEnders), it's funny to see those who came down on watching EastEnders as haram like a ton bricks and fully want to see this documentry which contains music, foul language (which EastEnders doesn't) and shows members of the opposite sex.
:rollseyes I urge you lot not to watch both :D

Who bought this old thread back up!?

MusLiM 4 LiFe
04-14-2007, 02:21 PM
innit.. dis woz yearz ago.. :S

IbnAbdulHakim
04-14-2007, 07:46 PM
i did,

this documentary woke me up to something.

and if im ever down b'ham im definitly gonna b huggin those brothers!!! INSHAALLAH!

Pk_#2
04-14-2007, 07:50 PM
i see, ok fair nuff. :D

Dun hug em too tight, they might get the wrong impression. :rollseyes

They went through alot, but its best to suffer in the dunya then in the akhirah i.e in hell :skeleton:

Peace.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-14-2007, 07:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by |)431)M1
They went through alot, but its best to suffer in the dunya then in the akhirah i.e in hell :skeleton:

Peace.
thats exactly what it woke me up 2!

these brothers went on smiling and laughing like its nothing.
reminded me of true mujaahids.

MAY ALLAH GIVE US ALL THAT BEAUTIFUL MUJAHIDEEN STRENGTH AND COURAGE!!!! AND EMAAN!!! AMEEN :D

Pk_#2
04-14-2007, 08:04 PM
MAY ALLAH GIVE US ALL BEAUTIFUL MUJAHIDEEN STRENGTH AND COURAGE!!!! AND EMAAN!!! AMEEN
edited it. Ameen.

AabiruSabeel
04-15-2007, 06:58 PM
We Muslims should try to think the reasons for our downfall and why our Dua are not accepted. We hear so many people making Dua for the conditiion of Muslims and for our Brothers behind the bars, even in Haramain Shareefain, millions of Muslims make Dua during Ramadhaan, Duas are made during Tawaf, at Multazim, during Taraweeh, Tahajjud, during Laylatul Qadr and so on... The list is endless. We have tried all possible means/times/places where our Duas are most likely to be accepted, but still why don't we see any help from Allah?
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, “By Him in Whose hand my soul is, you must enjoin the good and forbid the evil, or Allah will certainly soon send punishment from Himself to you. Then you will make supplication and not receive an answer.” [Tirmidhi]
I am sure this one Hadeeth explains all.
A brother wrote (somewhere on the net):
Unless you actively practise enjoining the good and forbidding the evil you are not practising your Islam to the full! You may say to me that you have no strength to do so either by word or by deed and thus you only abhor the trials of the Muslim Ummah in your heart. I say to you that in such a case you are a hypocrite or an ignorant one who needs education! Know then that in the societies of Western Europe and the North America you will not be punished for speaking the truth no expressing your opinions in a lawful manner through demonstrations, picketing, lobbying, voting intelligently, letter writing and speeches, educational debates and a myriad of other political activities. All of these are actions that are available to you and you can do this without fear for your life, your liberty or your property. All it takes is effort on your part. Now you are no longer ignorant. Know then that if you refrain from doing this then you are a hypocrite and your supplications will not be answered by God as related in the hadith quoted above, for if you do nothing to help your brother in Palestine or your sister in Iraq or your mother in Chechnya, then your supplication to God is mere hypocrisy and God hates the hypocrites!

And if say that you are prevented from action through fear of what other would say about you or what your neighbours and community would think about you, I would say to you “Awake, my brother or sister, and protect your soul!”. Fear God and not the people, for it is God that will take you to account and hand out judgement. If you are prevented from doing what God has commanded you to do by your fear of people’s reaction then this is the beginning of shirk and the road to the Hellfire. Perhaps the advice of Luqman the Sage to his son will be of help to you in this situation, for he said: “O my son! Establish regular prayer, enjoin what is just and forbid what is wrong, and bear with patient constancy whatever happens to you; for this is firmness of purpose in the conduct of affairs.” [31:17] It is implicit in this advice, which God has brought to our knowledge through the Glorious Qur’an, that enjoining the good and forbidding the evil will cause those who are devious, forsaken and hate the way of God to cause difficulty for the practising believer, yet if you are firm in purpose, God will not suffer the reward of the righteous to perish [7:170].

And if you say to me that political activity will threaten community cohesion, I will say to you that this is a fallacious argument and was the argument of the Jews in the Nazi Germany as the regime turned against them and slaughtered them by the millions. Nobody will stand up to protect you and yours until you stand up yourself and encourage and motivate others to stand with you.
If you say to me that one should first learn the basics of Islam before proceeding to enjoin the good and forbid the evil, I will say to you that you should seek knowledge before making such misguided statements since enjoining good and forbidding evil is one of the basics of Islam as is clear from the verses of the Glorious Qur’an quoted above.

And if you say to me that there is nothing that can be done in terms of enjoining the good and forbidding the evil until such time as the Islamic State is established, I will say to you that you are a fool and a disbeliever in God’s promise to Muslims for God in His Everlasting Glory has promised those of you who believe and do good deeds that He will most surely make them to succeed the present rulers in the earth as He made their ancestors before them, and that He will establish for them their religion, the one which He has chosen for them, and that He will change their present state of fear into peace and security. [24:55] Thus, working for the Islamic State means enjoining the good and forbidding evil and not waiting for someone to establish the state first and then suddenly begin forbidding the evil and enjoining the good.
:w:

جوري
04-15-2007, 07:05 PM
I'd like to add this hadith.. though I am not certain of its authenticity

When Mustawrid al-Qurashi was sitting with 'Amr ibn al-'As, he said, "I
heard the Prophet say, 'The Hour will come when the Romans will be in the
majority.' 'Amr asked him, "What are you saying?" He said, "I am repeating
that which I heard from the Prophet." 'Amr said, "If you say this, it is
true, because they have four good characteristics: they are the most able
to cope with tribulation, the quickest to recover after disaster and to
return to the fight after disaster, and are the best as far as treating
the poor, weak and orphans is concerned. They have a fifth characteristic
which is very good; they do not allow themselves to be oppressed by their
kings."

The last one truly speaks volumes... half of our troubles is due to complacency to injustice

Allah A3lam
:w:

aqsa1
04-15-2007, 10:01 PM
Its a must for everyone to watch. its just soo sad and awful what they went through there.We must make duaa for the whole ummat!

Confucius
04-15-2007, 10:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by minaz
...the documentary was v.good but when i first watched it my ears were burning from hearing all them...err colourful words! its a shame they didnt 'bleep' it. lol.

but it made me realise how naive ive been about this silly war on terror.

AB517
04-16-2007, 06:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by RighteousLady
Yeah i've watched it..soo touching drama! :'( I saw US soldier threw and kicked our wonderful and mircale Qu'ran..it make want to Allah sent to destroy on him!! I'm sooo angry to see tht!! :rant: Astagfirullah!!:grumbling
I feel the same way when a muslem hides behind women, shoots at a US soldier then runs into a mosk to hide. We are not even allowed to go get him. Would if a Muslem Cleric stop at a catholic church door so as not to offend?

The US soldier stops every day.

The only place we differ is that I pray for both our people to heal.
Just because our leaders act like dopes, doesn't mean we have too.

جوري
04-16-2007, 09:40 PM
where are these Muslims that hide behind women? a la mode of CNN or FOX? -- I have never seen solider as full of compassion as the Americans :rollseyes

And if healing was through stripping people of clothes and unleashing dogs on them.. then I'd reconsider to whom you are praying...

Muezzin
04-16-2007, 10:08 PM
How come we're no longer discussing the documentary?

You know the rules people, any further off-topic stuff will be deleted.

jzcasejz
06-10-2007, 11:11 AM
This was on E4 yesterday. I know, I'm mad late. :blind: But anyways, was a good documentary thingy.

F@tim@
06-10-2007, 08:17 PM
you dnt need 2 get it on dvd sis...theres the full 10 parts on youtube.

jzcasejz
06-10-2007, 08:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by F@tim@
you dnt need 2 get it on dvd sis...theres the full 10 parts on youtube.
Forget Youtube with their 'parts' :blind:...Google Video!!!

F@tim@
06-10-2007, 08:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jzcasejz
Forget Youtube with their 'parts' :blind:...Google Video!!!
With youtube you don't have to go through the whole registering process or whatever it is. Straight go on and watch it and just as good!

F@tim@
06-10-2007, 08:45 PM
Orite ok...uv edited ur post now!

jzcasejz
06-10-2007, 09:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by F@tim@
With youtube you don't have to go through the whole registering process or whatever it is. Straight go on and watch it and just as good!
Huh? :phew

The link's in my post for the actual documentary...:thumbs_up...Google video doesn't require a registration process...

England
06-10-2007, 09:11 PM
10% of the prison population at the U.S. Navy base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba -- are deemed to be of no intelligence value after repeated interrogations in Afghanistan.

90% of them are guilty and have meaningful connections to Al-Qaeda or the Taliban therefore 90% of them deserve what they get. Al-Qaeda even have their own "torture handbook." They torture people all the time.

http://www.foxnews.com/photoessay/0,4644,1783,00.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Al Qaeda terrorists use blow torches, electric drills and meat cleavers to torture and force information out of their victims, according to a "how-to" book discovered in a terrorist safe house in Iraq.

The Defense Department recently released disturbing images and cartoons showing how to torture a captive found by American forces during a raid on a Al Qaeda safe house a few weeks ago. They also found photos of tortured Iraqi victims.

Click here to view the Al Qaeda 'torture handbook.'

The book guides followers of Al Qaeda how to interrogate and torture captives.

The drawings and cartoons depict ways to use electric drills and irons, meat cleavers and other devices to force victims to talk or harm them.

Some of the drawings show how to drill hands, sever limbs, drag victims behind cars, remove eyes, put a blowtorch or iron to someone’s skin, suspend a person from a ceiling and electrocute them, break limbs and restrict breath and put someone’s head in a vice.

Items found at the safe house include electric drills, hammers, blow torches, meat cleavers, pliers and wire cutters, chains, screw drivers, whips and handcuffs.

Earlier this week U.S. troops found the information near Baghdad, along with five Iraqis being held.

Gen. Peter Pace, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told reporters Thursday that Al Qaeda poses a dangerous threat to the United States for years to come.

"Clearly, whatever military advice we give, both in Iraq and regionally, must take into account that this group — of Al Qaeda — has targeted free nations, to include the United States, and how our long-term plan and our long-term recommendations must deal with that very real threat to the United States," Pace said at a Pentagon briefing.

Defense Secretary Robert Gates said the United States continues to direct most efforts to defeating Al Qaeda, but he predicted insurgents in Iraq will ramp up attacks this summer

"I think the worry that we have is clearly what we have seen over the past year: that whatever progress is made — and particularly in the last few months — often is overshadowed when Al Qaeda will launch a major attack that kills a lot of innocent civilian Iraqis," Gates said.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.