/* */

PDA

View Full Version : First Aid anyone?

F.Y.
03-11-2006, 01:48 AM
:sl: brothers and sisters

Just wondering, has anyone here done a First Aid course? I am due for my practical in about 3 weeks. I am currently studying the principles and techniques online. Then i do a theory and a practical test.

Can anyone tell me what it was like for them?

And what do you think are the benefits of having first aid knowledge in accordance with Islam?

Peace

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umu 'Isa
03-11-2006, 02:02 AM
i did that in school :)
its very easy dont worry about it. You'll pass wit flying colours inshaAllah!

the benefits of having first aid, well you'll always know it. And if a situation occurs where you'll need it, then you may save someones life!

Snowflake
03-11-2006, 02:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by F.Y.
:sl: brothers and sisters

Just wondering, has anyone here done a First Aid course? I am due for my practical in about 3 weeks. I am currently studying the principles and techniques online. Then i do a theory and a practical test.

Can anyone tell me what it was like for them?

And what do you think are the benefits of having first aid knowledge in accordance with Islam?

Peace
:sl:

Yes, it's pretty easy. We had to learn how to stop bleeding (applying pressure/raising affected area etc) bandage each other for deep and superficial wounds and learn how to resuscitate someone if they have stopped breathing. But we did that with a dummy. We also had to learn what to do if burn injuries have occured, choking, road accidents, heart attacks etc.

If someone is unconcious then you check for ABC:
A-airway
B-breathing
C-circulation

Unless you suspect a back/neck injury put them in recovery position. Oh and did you know if someone has been stabbed you never ever pull out the offending object because they could bleed to death.

All in all, it's quiet easy and you'll really enjoy knowing you can help someone in an emergency. That is def a benefit according to Islam. Good luck! : )

songinwind
03-11-2006, 02:21 AM
I think its wonderful that you are doing this..and I need to also...one just never knows what may happen...and you could very well save a life...peace to you.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
1m@@n
03-11-2006, 02:23 AM
asalaamz sis...

well first aid/cpr is very useful as im sure youve learned from ur lectures. Posessing such valuable knowledge and skill you could save a life....in an islamic context if you have the chance to save a life i dont think theres any reason to think twice...hence it is very useful in my opinion.

dont stress to much over it sis, i remember i did when i had my first ever prac ....and when i was in there it was all over before i knew it....**smiles**

it is all rather basic stuff as long as you've learned the basic techniques n principles inshaAllah all will go well in the theory n practical and i did find that a lot of it was just common sense...

Although saying that may be a little bias coming from a nurse....

if i can be of any further help...dont hesitate to ask....jzx

ohh and ps- make sure you dont go into the prac with chewing gum in ur mouth.....I remember one of my fellow mates doing so. in a real life situation if that dummy was a person then hmmm....not very nice huh...yup u guessed it...she failed!! everyone found it all very amusing though!! lol

F.Y.
03-11-2006, 04:36 AM
Oh she failed coz of chewing gum! That is a real bummer....

Thanks guys! Ill tell you how it goes...
Peace

arehat
03-11-2006, 03:06 PM
The first Aid course is very easy dnt worry u will be k

Ghazi
03-11-2006, 03:13 PM
Salaam

I did it, I felt so stupid, they were telling me to give mouth-to-mouth some doll thing.

Kittygyal
03-11-2006, 03:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Salaam

I did it, I felt so stupid, they were telling me to give mouth-to-mouth some doll thing.

o bless i bet u did a gud job;D ;D ;D

take care

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!