/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I had a friend

NewJama
03-11-2006, 10:55 AM
I had a Muslim friend who told me a lot and taught me a lot. We met in school , he realised what happened since I changed the way I dress and came to talk to me about it. We had lunches together and he will tell me what to say and when. We even prayed together. I am new revert and I need all help I can get. I started feeling uncomfortable lately, the way he acted, you know, but ignored it. Like he was calling at night just to chat for no reason. Ok, he made his move this Friday. Like "move". I mean, it was perfectly clear what was on his mind. It's ok. I am not offended, but it kinda, you know... Feel stupid now.
Just wanted to talk about it. I know he is a nice guy, people are weak. Still. I got a feeling he ( and maybe many others) will always feel that I am second sort person not like born Muslims and will never be completely right .:hiding:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
03-11-2006, 10:59 AM
Salaam

Tell him to fear allah, Tell him you need his help in adjusting to islam and what he's doing is haraam. Heres a link which will help you with information about islam. http://www.islamworld.net/

Rabi'ya
03-11-2006, 04:30 PM
:sl: sis

Firstly, welcome to Islam. As a new revert I know it canbe hard. Been there. Done that! anyway....u need to concentrate on your life and keeping your iman as best as possible. I would try to encourage the brother concerned to read up on the situation and explain to him that he has done something wrong. We all commit sins and I would suggest to him that its best that you are not alone tgether any more and do not exchange phone calls etc.

There is nothing wrong with exchanging salaams if you see each other in public as you wlil gain reward for this but keep it to a minimum.

InshAllah, Allah will reward you and keep you on the straight path....ameen

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

Snowflake
03-11-2006, 05:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NewJama
I had a Muslim friend who told me a lot and taught me a lot. We met in school , he realised what happened since I changed the way I dress and came to talk to me about it. We had lunches together and he will tell me what to say and when. We even prayed together. I am new revert and I need all help I can get. I started feeling uncomfortable lately, the way he acted, you know, but ignored it. Like he was calling at night just to chat for no reason. Ok, he made his move this Friday. Like "move". I mean, it was perfectly clear what was on his mind. It's ok. I am not offended, but it kinda, you know... Feel stupid now.
Just wanted to talk about it. I know he is a nice guy, people are weak. Still. I got a feeling he ( and maybe many others) will always feel that I am second sort person not like born Muslims and will never be completely right .:hiding:
awwww sis no it's not cuz ur not a born muslim that the brother acted this way, trust me on this one hun, it doesnt matter when it comes to being in the company of the opposite sex, people will develope some sort of attraction/feeling.. but some go beyond the bounderies of what is respectful...that's why free mixing isnt allowed in islam. When a man & woman are together, they are not alone, as the third person with them is the shaytaan who does his best to mislead them into commiting sin.

What's happend has happened now and I hopefully the bro has got the message.. Sis you can learn about islam through other sisters inshaAllah. Just plz dont put urself in a similar situation again. And also when a girl, mixes freely with a guy no matter if the situation is religious or not, he just might think that other things arent a big deal for the girl either.. wrong I know but a that's how some people are.. wish you the best.. dont feel so down :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ghazi
03-11-2006, 05:25 PM
Salaam

not a born muslim
Everyone is born muslim.

Snowflake
03-11-2006, 05:39 PM
:rollseyes true but for now let's not be so technical.... and jus try and help the sis with her problem inshaAllah

itsme01
03-11-2006, 07:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
awwww sis no it's not cuz ur not a born muslim that the brother acted this way, trust me on this one hun, it doesnt matter when it comes to being in the company of the opposite sex, people will develope some sort of attraction/feeling.. but some go beyond the bounderies of what is respectful...that's why free mixing isnt allowed in islam. When a man & woman are together, they are not alone, as the third person with them is the shaytaan who does his best to mislead them into commiting sin.

What's happend has happened now and I hopefully the bro has got the message.. Sis you can learn about islam through other sisters inshaAllah. Just plz dont put urself in a similar situation again. And also when a girl, mixes freely with a guy no matter if the situation is religious or not, he just might think that other things arent a big deal for the girl either.. wrong I know but a that's how some people are.. wish you the best.. dont feel so down :)
mashallah nice post sis.

SubhanAllah - Welcome back to Islam NewJama.
--------
Yes, a very difficult position, even if this friend of yours is "good" - it is still hard to control the temptation - so my advice is to keep abit of distance (if you know what i mean) and advice the bro. what he has done.

Also,
If you want to learn more about Islam - get to know Muslim Sisters in your Area - or you can always ask here on the forum.

Jazak'Allah Khair

Snowflake
03-11-2006, 09:02 PM
jazakAllah khair bro

akulion
03-11-2006, 09:05 PM
Just be polite to him and tell him that you only wish to learn.

Human nature can lead us to develop feelings for another person over time.

So forgive the brother for the sake of Allah (if he tried anything wrong)

And simply inform him that you only wish to learn and nothing more and are not interested in marriage currently

------
03-11-2006, 09:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by akulion
Just be polite to him and tell him that you only wish to learn.

Human nature can lead us to develop feelings for another person over time.

So forgive the brother for the sake of Allah (if he tried anything wrong)

And simply inform him that you only wish to learn and nothing more and are not interested in marriage currently
I agree Bro

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.