/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Caring For Parents

arehat
03-11-2006, 07:40 PM
Here is a short story I would like to share that is about how you should take care of you parents, like way they took carre of you. (I'm addressing myself first ofcourse.

There was an old man living with his son, his wife and their daughter. He was very clumsy and Whenevr he ate with them at the table he kept spilling his drinks and breaking plates, making loud slurping noises, and coughing violently. So one day the Son and his wife couldn't take it anymore, so they decided to make him a wooden bowl to put his food, this way he coulnd't break his plates and they also put him in a corner by himself to eat so now they didn't have to worry about the noises. This went on for a while and the Son and wife were happy until one day their little daughter was playing with some wood scraps on the floor. The Son asked her "What are you doing?" she said "I am making a wooden bowl for you and mom for when you grow old".

Brothers and Sisters, are you taking care of your parents to the level they took care of you? Don't doom yourself to unthankful kids, show you parents you love them, and don't be unjust, the most pious person will enter hellfire if his parents are not content with him, you have to show respect to you parents and obey them even if they are Kufar, excpet if they telll you to disobey Allah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
muslimah4life
03-11-2006, 07:44 PM
:sl: sister
subhanallah thank you for the story it really made me aware

renak
03-11-2006, 07:49 PM
I must say that the muslims I've known have impressed me with their respect for their parents. I find this very beautiful, and selfless.

usamuslimah64
03-20-2006, 05:42 AM
Salam Alaykum:sl: ..I want to say..I was in a position just 2 years ago like this. My Mother was diagnosed with a terminal Illness..I am an only child and from a child I had always promised my Mother I would always care for her(never put her in a nursing home) even if she was very sick..Well, My Mother was a Christian, as I reverted 4 years ago. It had always been a point of contention between us both. But, I still remembered that she had taken care of me as a child and has sacrificed endlessly to feed me, clothe me and Love me. It was never a question for me, I just brought her home..I will not say it was easy, it wasn't. I had to watch my Mother, once fiercely independent, become more and more like a baby each day..It is true, your children do watch this.I had no help from anyone..but I managed to care for her until she took her last breath..My kids were all very proud of me and I think this also instilled a thought of how family should truly care for one another. I think it should never be a question, one should just step forward to his or her responsibility and we do have a great responsibility to our parents..irregardless..of what religion they practice Wa Salaam:w: , Susan

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sanobar
03-20-2006, 06:01 AM
:sl:
^^^very true sis! jazkaAllah for the reminder sis!subhaAllah nice story! :):) :wub:
:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.