/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Delaying Our Salah.....

hissa
12-13-2005, 01:21 AM
:sl:

I got this in an email.. and I thought I would share. It's long, but it's definitely worth it.

He got up and realized that there were only 15 minutes left before Salat-ul Isha. He quickly made Wudhu and performed Salat-ul Maghrib. While making Tasbih, he again remembered his grandmother and was embarrassed by how he had prayed. His grandmother prayed with such tranquility and peace. He began making Dua and went down to make Sajdah and stayed like that for a while.

He had been at school all day and was tired, so tired. He awoke abruptly to the sound of noise and shouting. He was sweating profusely. He looked around. It was very crowded. Every direction he looked in was filled with people. Some stood frozen looking around, some were running left and right and some were on their knees with their heads in their hands just waiting. Pure fear and apprehension filled him as he realized where he was. His heart was about to burst.

It was the Day of Judgement. When he was alive, he had heard many things about the questioning on the Day of Judgement, but that seemed so long ago. Could this be something his mind made up? No,the wait and the fear were so great that he could not have imagined this. The interrogation was still going on. He began moving frantically from people to people to ask if his name had been called. No one could answer him.

All of a sudden his name was called and the crowd split into two and made a passageway for him. Two angels grabbed his arms and led him forward. He walked with unknowing eyes through the crowd. The angels brought him to the center and left him there. His head was bent down and his whole life was passing in front of his eyes like a movie. He opened his eyes but saw only another world. The people were all helping others.He saw his father running from one lecture to the other, spending his wealth in the way of Islam.His mother invited guests to their house and one table was being set while the other was being cleared. He pleaded his case, "I too was always on this path. I helped others. I spread the word of Allah. I performed my Salah. I fasted in the month of Ramadan. Whatever Allah ordered us to do, I did. Whatever he ordered us not to do, I did not." He began to cry and think about how much he loved Allah. He knew that whatever he had done in life would be less than what Allah deserved and his only protector was Allah. He was sweating like never before and was shaking all over. His eyes were fixed on the scale, waiting for the final decision.

At last, the decision was made. The two angels with sheets of paper in their hands, turned to the crowd. His legs felt like they were going to collapse. He closed his eyes as they began to read the names of those people who were to enter Jahannam. His name was read first. He fell on his knees and yelled that this couldn't be, "How could I go to Jahannam? I served others all my life, I spread the word of Allah to others". His eyes had become blurry and he was shaking with sweat. The two angels took him by the arms. As his feet dragged, they went through the crowd and advanced toward the blazing flames of Jahannam. He was yelling and wondered if there was any person who was going to help him. He was yelling of all the good deeds he had done, how he had helped his father, his fasts, prayers, the Qur'an that he read, he was asking if none of them would help him. The Jahannam angels continued to drag him. They had gotten closer to the Hellfire. He looked back and these were his last pleas. Had not Rasulullah [saw] said, "How clean would a person be who bathes in a river five times a day, so too does the Salah performed five times cleanse someone of their sins"? He began yelling, "My prayers? my prayers? my prayers." The two angels did not stop, and they came to the edge of the abyss of Jahannam. The flames of the fire were burning his face. He looked back one last time, but his eyes were dry of hope and he had nothing left in him. One of the angels pushed him in. He found himself in the air and falling towards the flames.

He had just fallen five or six feet when a hand grabbed him by the arm and pulled him back. He lifted his head and saw an old man with a long white beard. He wiped some dust off himself and asked him, "Who are you?" The old man replied, "I am your prayers". "Why are you so late! I was almost in the Fire! You rescued me at the last minute before I fell in". The old man smiled and shook his head, "You always performed me at the last minute, did you forget?" At that instant, he blinked and lifted his head from Sajdah. He was in a sweat. He listened to the voices coming from outside. He heard the adhan for Salat-ul Isha. He got up quickly and went to perform Wudhu.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mariamq
12-14-2005, 08:18 PM
Subhanallah!!! That had me at the edge of my seat sis.. Jazakallah khair, May Allah reward you for the reminder Ameen!

libyanhero
12-14-2005, 08:38 PM
So this was a dream,wow subhannallah thats inspiring, jazakullah khayr another sister from toronto

cihad
12-15-2005, 02:51 PM
that is a real reminder for all of us

really thought provoking

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Safiya
12-15-2005, 06:16 PM

Subhân'Allâh.. Mashâ'Allâh, a great reminder.. That's really.. Wow..

:w:

Ghazi
12-21-2005, 10:08 PM

I 2 have heard this story, it's a real shame that muslims these days have moderate there religion to the point that they don't perform the five pillers with the correct intention and with more effort

sapphire
12-21-2005, 10:15 PM
i also read that in an email....jazakallah for that.its nice to keep reading and being reminded about reality.....May we alll perform our salaat punctually inshallah.....Ameen........

zed
12-21-2005, 11:08 PM
jazakallah khayr.

May Allah reward you. I have recently changed jobs and find myself constantly preforming my salah late, its some thing that has been bothering me i will take action now!

Ghazi
12-21-2005, 11:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zed
jazakallah khayr.

May Allah reward you. I have recently changed jobs and find myself constantly preforming my salah late, its some thing that has been bothering me i will take action now!

Dear sister
This is one problems which many muslims have, especially muslims who live in the west; we gernerally work for kafirs who don't relly Sympathy with our Beliefs; so therfore you should ask your employer to arrange breaks for you to pray on time.

MetSudaisTwice
01-06-2006, 11:49 AM
salam
subhanallah such an inspirational story
may allah guide us all
jazakallah for sharing sis
wasalam

niqaabii
01-06-2006, 12:05 PM
ive read this story many times b4...its realli gd. :)

hidaayah
01-06-2006, 01:08 PM
nice story
jazakallah for sharing sis!
ASsalam u Alaikum

uzma ahmed
01-26-2006, 02:20 AM
A Very Powerful Story

He remembered his grandmother's warning about praying on time: "My son, you shouldn't leave prayer to this late time". His grandmother's age was 70 but whenever she heard the Adhan, she got up like an arrow and performed Salah. He, however could never win over his ego to get up and pray. Whatever he did, his Salah was always the last to be offered and he prayed it quickly to get it in on time.

Thinking of this, he got up and realized that there were only 15 minutes left before Salat-ul Isha. He quickly made Wudhu and performed Salat-ul Maghrib. While making Tasbih, he
again remembered his grandmother and was embarrassed by how he had prayed. His grandmother prayed with such tranquility and peace.

He began making Dua and went down to make Sajdah and stayed like that for a while. He had been at school all day and was tired, so tired.

He awoke abruptly to the sound of noise and shouting. He was sweating profusely. He looked around. It was very crowded. Every direction he looked in was filled with people. Some stood frozen looking around, some were running left and right and
some were on their knees with their heads in their hands just waiting.

Pure fear and apprehension filled him as he realized where he was. His heart was about to burst. It was the Day of Judgement. When he was alive, he had heard many things about the questioning on the Day of Judgement, but that seemed so long ago. Could this be something his mind made up? No, the wait and the fear were so great that he could not have imagined this.

The interrogation was still going on. He began moving frantically from people to people to ask if his name had been called. No one could answer him. All of a sudden his name was called and the crowd split into two and made a passageway for him.

Two angels grabbed his arms and led him forward. He walked with unknowing eyes through the crowd. The angels brought him to the center and left him there. His head was bent down and
his whole life was passing in front of his eyes like a movie. He opened
his eyes but saw only another world.

The people were all helping others. He saw his father running from one lecture to the other, spending his wealth in the way of Islam. His mother invited guests to their house and one table was being set while the other was being cleared. He pleaded his case, "I too was always on this path. I helped others. I spread the word of Allah. I performed my Salah. I fasted in the month of Ramadan. Whatever Allah ordered us to do, I did. Whatever he ordered us not to do, I did not." He began to cry and think about how much he loved Allah.

He knew
that whatever he had done in life would be less than what Allah deserved and his only protector was Allah.

He was sweating like never before and
was shaking all over. His eyes were fixed on the scale, waiting for the
final decision. At last, the decision was made. The two angels with sheets of paper in their hands, turned to the crowd. His legs felt like they were going to collapse. He closed his eyes as they began to read the names of those people who were to enter Jahannam.

His name was read first.

He fell on his knees and yelled that this couldn't be, "How could I go to Jahannam? I served others all my life, I spread the word of Allah to
others". His eyes had become blurry and he was shaking with sweat. The two angels took him by the arms. As his feet dragged, they went through the crowd and advanced toward the blazing flames of Jahannam.

He was yelling and wondered if there was any person who was going to help him. He was yelling of all the good deeds he had done, how he had helped his father, his fasts, prayers, the Qur'an that he read, he was asking if none of them would help him. The Jahannam angels continued to drag him.

They had gotten closer to the Hellfire. He looked back and these were his last pleas. Had not Rasulullah [saw] said, "How clean would a person be who bathes in a river five times a day, so too does the Salah performed five times cleanse someone of their sins"?

He began yelling, "My prayers? my prayers? my prayers." The two angels did not stop, and they came to the edge of the abyss of Jahannam. The flames of the fire were burning his
face. He looked back one last time, but his eyes were dry of hope and he had nothing left in him.

One of the angels pushed him in. He found
himself in the air and falling towards the flames. He had just fallen five or six feet when a hand grabbed him by the arm and pulled him back.

He lifted his head and saw an old man with a long white beard. He wiped some dust off himself and asked him, "Who are you?" The old man replied, "I am your prayers". "Why are you so late! I was almost in the Fire! You rescued
me at the last minute before I fell in".

The old man smiled and shook his
head, "You always performed me at the last minute, did you forget?"

At
that instant, he blinked and lifted his head from Sajdah. He was in a
sweat. He listened to the voices coming from outside. He heard the adhan for Salat-ul Isha. He got up quickly and went to perform Wudhu.

Pass
this on to ur friends and family, and maybe u can help someone open their eyes........ and who knows?? maybe this is a good deed that can help you during the day of judgement....right???

hissa
01-26-2006, 02:27 AM

I actually posted the same story a few weeks back. But alhamdullilah, it's still a great reminder. It's good to read it again. Thanks for sharing :sister:

arehat
03-11-2006, 08:09 PM
He remembered his grandmother's warning about praying on time: "My son, you shouldn't leave prayer to this late time". His grandmother's age was 70 but whenever she heard the Adhan, she got up like an arrow and performed Salah. He, however could never win over his ego to get up and pray. Whatever he did, his Salah was always the last to be offered and he prayed it quickly to get it in on time.
Thinking of this, he got up and realized that there were only 15 minutes left before Salat-ul Isha. He quickly made Wudhu and performed Salat-ul Maghrib. While making Tasbih, he again remembered his grandmother and was embarrassed by how he had prayed. His grandmother prayed with such tranquility and peace.
He began making Dua and went down to make Sajdah and stayed like that for a while. He had been at school all day and was tired, so tired. He awoke abruptly to the sound of noise and shouting. He was sweating profusely. He looked around. It was very crowded. Every direction he looked in was filled with people. Some stood frozen looking around,some were running left and right and some were on their knees with their heads in their hands just waiting.
Pure fear and apprehension filled him as he realized where he was. His heart was about to burst. It was the Day of Judgment. When he was alive, he had heard many things about the questioning on the Day of Judgment, but that seemed so long ago. Could this be something his mind made up? No, the wait and the fear were so great that he could not have imagined this.
The interrogation was still going on. He began moving frantically from people to people to ask if his name had been called. No one could answer him. All of a sudden his name was called and the crowd split into two and made a passageway for him.
Two angels grabbed his arms and led him forward. He walked with unknowing eyes through the crowd. The angels brought him to the center and left him there. His head was bent down and his whole life was passing in front of his eyes like a movie. He opened his eyes but saw only another world.
The people were all helping others. He saw his father running from one lecture to the other, spending his wealth in the way of Islam. His mother invited guests to their house and one table was being set while the other was being cleared. He pleaded his case, "I too was always on this path. I helped others. I spread the word of Allah. I performed my Salah. I fasted in the month of Ramadan. Whatever Allah ordered us to do, I did. Whatever he ordered us not to do, I did not." He began to cry and think about how much he loved Allah. He knew that whatever he had done in life would be less than what Allah deserved and his only protector was Allah.
He was sweating like never before and was shaking all over. His eyes were fixed on the scale, waiting for the final decision. At last, the decision was made. The two angels with sheets of paper in their hands, turned to the crowd. His legs felt like they were going to collapse. He closed his eyes as they began to read the names of those people who were to enter Jahannam.
His name was read first.
He fell on his knees and yelled that this couldn't be, "How could I go to Jahannam? I served others all my life, I spread the word of Allah to others". His eyes had become blurry and he was shaking with sweat. The two angels took him by the arms. As his feet dragged, they went through the crowd and advanced toward the blazing flames of Jahannam.
He was yelling and wondered if there was any person who was going to help him. He was yelling of all the good deeds he had done, how he had helped his father, his fasts, prayers, the Qur'an that he read, he was asking if none of them would help him. The Jahannam angels continued to drag him.
They had gotten closer to the Hellfire. He looked back and these were his last pleas. Had not Rasulullah [saw] said, "How clean would a person be who bathes in a river five times a day, so too does the Salah performed five times cleanse someone of their sins"?
He began yelling, "My prayers? my prayers? my prayers." The two angels did not stop, and they came to the edge of the abyss of Jahannam. The flames of the fire were burning his face. He looked back one last time, but his eyes were dry of hope and he had nothing left in him. One of the angels pushed him in. He found himself in the air and falling towards the flames. He had just fallen five or six feet when a hand grabbed him by the arm and pulled him back.
He lifted his head and saw an old man with a long white beard. He wiped some dust off himself and asked him, "Who are you?" The old man replied, "I am your prayers". "Why are you so late! I was almost in the Fire! You rescued me at the last minute before I fell in".
The old man smiled and shook his head, "You always performed me at the last minute, did you forget?" At that instant, he blinked and lifted his head from Sajdah. He was in a sweat. He listened to the voices coming from outside. He heard the adhan for Salat-ul Isha. He got up quickly and went to perform Wudhu.

------
03-11-2006, 08:23 PM
I've read this before but it is a really good reminder for muslims...
Jazakallah

afriend2
03-11-2006, 08:26 PM
salaam,

aw alhamdulillah ive read it before, and it scared the living daylights out of me, :( but thats a good thing! :happy: lol

mashAllah a great reminder, jazakAllah for sharing! :wub:

wassalam

x Maz x
05-24-2006, 01:10 PM
He remembered his grandmother's warning about praying on time: "My son,
you shouldn't leave prayer to this late time". His grandmother's age
was
70 but whenever she heard the Adhan, she got up like an arrow and
performed Salah. He, however could never win over his ego to get up
and
pray. Whatever he did, his Salah was always the last to be offered and
he prayed it quickly to get it in on time.

Thinking of this, he got up and realized that there were only 15
minutes
left before Salat-ul Isha. He quickly made Wudhu and performed Salat-ul
Maghrib. While making Tasbih, he again remembered his grandmother and
was embarrassed by how he had prayed. His grandmother prayed with such
tranquilityand peace.

He began making Dua and went down to make Sajdah and stayed like that
for a while. He had been at school all day and was tired, so tired.

He awoke abruptly to the sound of noise and shouting. He was sweating
profusely. He looked around. It was very crowded. Every direction he
looked in was filled with people. Some stood frozen looking around,
some
were running left and right and some were on their knees with their
heads in their hands just waiting.

Pure fear and
apprehension filled him as he realized where he was. His
heart was about to burst. It was the Day of Judgment. When he was
alive,
he had heard many things about the questioning on the Day of Judgment,
but that seemed so long ago. Could this be something his mind made up?
No, the wait and the fear were so great that he could not have imagined
this.

The interrogation was still going on. He began movingfrantically from
people to people to ask if his name had been called. No one could
answer
him. All of a sudden his name was called and the crowd split into two
and made a passageway for him.

Two angels grabbed his arms and led him forward. He walked with
unknowing eyes through the crowd. The angels brought him to the center
and left him there. His head was bent down and his whole life was
passing in front of his eyes like a movie. He opened his eyes but saw
only another world.

The people were all
helping others. He saw his father running from one
lecture to the other, spending his wealth in the way of Islam. His
mother invited guests to their house and one table was being set while
the other was being cleared. He pleaded his case, "I too was always on
this path. I helped others. I spread the word of Allah. I performed my
Salah. I fasted in the month of Ramadan. Whatever Allah ordered us to
do, I did.Whatever he ordered us not to do, I did not." He began to
cry
and think about how much he loved Allah.

He knew that whatever he had done in life would be less than what Allah
deserved and his only protector was Allah.

He was sweating like never before and was shaking all over. His eyes
were fixed on the scale, waiting for the final decision. At last, the
decision was made. The two angels with sheets of paper in their hands,
turned to the crowd. His legs felt like they were going to collapse. He
closed his eyes
as they began to read the names of those people who
were
to enter Jahannam.

His name was read first.

He fell on his knees and yelled that this couldn't be, "How could I go
to Jahannam? I served others all my life, I spread the word of Allah to
others". His eyes had become blurry and he was shaking with sweat. The
two angels took him by the arms. As hisfeet dragged, they went through
the crowd and advanced toward the blazing flames of Jahannam.

He was yelling and wondered if there was any person who was going to
help him. He was yelling of all the good deeds he had done, how he had
helped his father, his fasts, prayers, the Qur'an that he read, he was
asking if none of them would help him. The Jahannam angels continued to
drag him.

They had gotten closer to the Hellfire. He looked back and these were
his last pleas. Had not Rasulullah [saw] said, "How clean would a
person be who bathes in a river five times a day, so too does the Salah
performed five times cleanse someone of their sins"?

He began yelling, "My prayers? my prayers? my prayers." The two angels
did not stop, and they came to the edge of the abyss of Jahannam. The
flames of the fire were burning his face. He looked back one last time,
but his eyes were dry of hopeand he had nothing left in him.

One of the angels pushed him in. He found himself in the air and
falling towards the flames. He had just fallen five or six feet when a hand
grabbed him by the arm and pulled him back.

He lifted his head and saw an old man with a long white beard. He wiped
some dust off himself and asked him, "Who are you?" The old man
replied,
"I am your prayers". "Why are you so late?! I was almost in the Fire!
You rescued me at the last minute before I fell in".

The old man smiled and shook his head, "You always performed me at
the last minute, did you forget?"

At that instant, he blinked and lifted his head from Sajdah. He was in
a sweat. He listened to the voices coming from outside. He heard the
adhan
for Salat-ul Isha. He got up quickly and went to perform Wudhu.

Buraydah reported that the Prophet [Pbuh] said:
The difference between them [i.e. the disbelivers] and us [i.e the belivers] is [ther performance of] salah. Whoever abandons it has disbelieved. [Related by Ahmad, Ibn Majag, Muslim, An-Nasa'i and At-Tirmidhi]

Ubadah bin Samit reported that the Prophet [Pbuh] said: Whoever performs ablution well, offers the five obligatory prayers on time and properly completes the bpwing and prostration has a covenant with Allah they He will forgive him. And whoever does not do so has no covenant with Allah; if He wishes, He may forgive him and if He wishes, He may punish him. [Related by Abu Dawud, Ahmad, An-Nasa'i and at-Tirmidhi]

Abu Hurayrah reported that the Prophet [Pbuh] said:
On the Day of Judgment the first thing for which a person will be judged will be his prayer. If he performed it propoerly, he will be successful; but if he did not do so, he will be destroyed. [Related by at-Tirmidhi]

Ibn Mas'ud reported:
Once I asked the Prophet [Pbuh] which action Allah loves most. He replied "Prayer at its [proper] times" Then i asked him what came nex, and he answered, "Goodness to parents," Again I asked him what came next, he replied, "Jihad in the way of Allah". [Related by al-Bukhari and Muslim]

H4RUN
05-24-2006, 05:35 PM
subhanallah, 'would rep u but cant be bothered' lol
alhumdulilah great article sister, gets you thinking, that phrase comes 2 mind again...'what if'
what if this was your last week, your last days, your last hour, your last minute, your last second, your last breathe....
we should all take our opportunity to act upon this simple yet thought provoking article... time ticks on....
BarakAllah fik

x Maz x
05-25-2006, 09:35 AM
Lol, i am telling you to rep me NOW...not a plea but an order mister!...Hmm double standrds arisin lol...
Yup i gets you, SubhanAllah the punishment for not performing prayer makes you want to cry but then one must think about the reward :'( SubhanAllah, our Lord is Most-Merciful Most Kind ...Its really a shame the generation of today dont see the benefits in praying salah...it exipiates one's sins and gives you a sense of peace and harmony in your heart...

Abu Hurayrah reported:
When the Prophet [Pbuh] asked, "Tell me, if one of you have a river close to his door and he bathed in it five times a day, would any dirt be left on his body?" he receieved a reply that no dirt would be left on such a body. Then he addeed, "This is the blessing in the five [daily] prayers; Allah erases your sins with them" [Related by Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Abu Hurayrah reported that the Prophet [Pbuh] said:
The five daily prayers, the Friday prayer and fasting between the Ramadhans nullifies all that is between them as long as one gaurds against major sins. [Related by Muslim]

Anas bin Malik reported:
Once a man went to the Prophet [Pbuh] and said, "O Messenger of Allah, I have commited a sin, so execute the ordinance of Allah upon me." The time came for prayer so the Prophet [Pbuh] did not ask him about the sin at that time. Instead the man offered his prayer with the Prophet [Pbuh]. When the prayer was finished, the man got up and said again, "O Messenger of Allah, I have commited a sin, so execute the ordinance of Allah upon me." At that, the Prophet [Pbuh] asked, "Di you not pray with us?" When the man said, "Yes" the Prophet [Pbuh] added, "Verily Allah has forgiven your sin [because of the man's prayer]" [Related by al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Fi Imanillah x

H4RUN
05-25-2006, 09:50 AM
who you giving orders?????
format_quote Originally Posted by x Maz x
JazakAllah breda Haroon n chacha_jalebi...Respct 4 botha uz, wood rep u buh cant b bovad ...Teek must revse
Peace n stay blessed x
Pwees kp me in ur precious supplications
loool double standards 4 u eh?? lol no hard feeelinz lol:happy: :)
take care all

x Maz x
05-25-2006, 10:09 AM
Wasnt me...you have no proof i wrote that...i blame the hacker that keeps toying wit ma system pretending to me moi *eyes rolly with signs of hesitation*...LOL!...You You You ...LIL FINGY!.....You better rep me or else i get mods on you ha!
Peace x

P.s i gave up ma laziness and repped ya both :( lol...Teek taak me gotta go and revise!

chacha_jalebi
05-25-2006, 03:51 PM
lol bro haroon, dats d way, eye 4 a eye, erm a rep for a rep lol

i dnt remem gettin any reps.. HINT HINT lol :)

o ye btw gud post sis lol

Kittygyal
05-25-2006, 03:54 PM
salam.
ta sis for sharing :)
bro harun LOLz very funny and cheeky, just give her e rep man LOLz nah man just rep her twice as many :p
w.salam

x Maz x
05-25-2006, 03:59 PM
Hai Hai chacha man i did rep ya *sticks tongue out*...check your reps...ma comment wont show but i did rep you honest i did *halo*...Yeh ya'll tell him yo rep me and knock some common sense into him lol Peace x

H4RUN
05-25-2006, 04:07 PM
dearest ukhti all u had 2 ask do was ask 4 a rep, now common what u take me 4? well thing is, i would, really really really, but erm 1 obstacles stands between me repn u. and erm that is.........i dont know how to do it.......aaah well thats life....:okay:
ps jazakallah khair 4 d rep, well if dat was u...cant tell with this new system 'hint hint'

Kittygyal
05-25-2006, 04:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by H4RUN
dearest ukhti all u had 2 ask do was ask 4 a rep, now common what u take me 4? well thing is, i would, really really really, but erm 1 obstacles stands between me repn u. and erm that is.........i dont know how to do it.......aaah well thats life....:okay:
ps jazakallah khair 4 d rep, well if dat was u...cant tell with this new system 'hint hint'
salam.
well click on the green colour on the left hand side and follow the rest *simple*
stay on topic people:uhwhat
w.salam

chacha_jalebi
05-25-2006, 04:10 PM
;) lol i fort of a way 2 out doo d new system, wen u rep say its so n so .... den rep em lol

plz dont warn me lol im jus sharin me knowlegde :p

H4RUN
05-25-2006, 04:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
salam.
well click on the green colour on the left hand side and follow the rest *simple*
stay on topic people:uhwhat
w.salam
tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut
you've gone and blown it now ent ya loool
thnx 4 d advice, din need tho lol:okay:
jus a ploy 2 erm delay the rep lool

x Maz x
05-25-2006, 06:16 PM
You my ol' cod purchased from the local fish mongers are really a tough nut yano...Grrr...rep me already :'( It'll make me feel a tad mo popular lol...Big up chacha saab sharin ur knowledge..shame it aint wanted where mods are concerned LOL...nah on a level stay on topic InshAllah...
WalaykumAsalaam x

P.S Harooooooooooooooooon rep moi already Pshhhhhhh

thussain1
07-14-2006, 09:31 AM

>A very powerful story

>hey...this is an excellent story !

>know its long...but its worth it, so READ IT..its very
>powerful...take a
>look :
>
>He remembered his grandmother's warning about praying on time: "My
>son,
>you shouldn't leave prayer to this late time". His grandmother's age
>was
>70 but whenever she heard the Adhan, she got up like an arrow and
>performed Salah. He, however could never win over his ego to get up
>and
>pray. Whatever he did, his Salah was always the last to be offered
>and he
>prayed it quickly to get it in on time.
>Thinking of this, he got up and realized that there were only 15
>minutes
>left before Salat-ul Isha. He quickly made Wudhu and performed
>Salat-ul
>Maghrib. While making Tasbih, he again remembered his grandmother
>and was
>embarrassed by how he had prayed. His grandmother prayed with such
>tranquility and peace. He began making Dua and went down to make
>Sajdah
>and stayed like that for a while. He had been at school all day and
>was
>tired, so tired
>He awoke abruptly to the sound of noise and shouting. He was
>sweating
>profusely. He looked around. It was very crowded. Every direction he
>looked in was filled with people. Some stood frozen looking around,
>some
>were running left and right and some were on their knees with their
>heads
>in their hands just waiting. Pure fear and apprehension filled him
>as he
>realized where he was. His heart was about to burst.
>It was the Day of Judgement.
>When he was alive, he had heard many things about the questioning on
>the
>Day of Judgement, but that seemed so long ago. Could this be
>something his
>mind made up? No, the wait and the fear were so great that he could
>not
>have imagined this. The interrogation was still going on. He began
>moving
>frantically from people to people to ask if his name had been
>called. No
>one could answer him. All of a sudden his name was called and the
>crowd
>split into two and made a passageway for him. Two people grabbed his
>arms
>and led him forward. He walked with unknowing eyes through the
>crowd. The
>angels brought him to the center and left him there. His head was
>bent
>down and his whole life was passing in front of his eyes like a
>movie.
>He opened his eyes but saw only another world. The people were all
>helping
>others. He saw his father running from one lecture to the other,
>spending
>his wealth in the way of Islam. His mother invited guests to their
>house
>and one table was being set while the other was being cleared. He
>pleaded
>his case, "I too was always on this path. I helped others. I spread
>the
>word of Allah. I performed my Salah. I fasted in the month of
>Ramadan.
>Whatever Allah ordered us to do, I did. Whatever he ordered us not
>to do,
>I did not." He began to cry and think about how much he loved Allah.
>He knew that whatever he had done in life would be less than what
>Allah
>deserved and his only protector was Allah. He was sweating like
>never
>before and was shaking all over. His eyes were fixed on the scale,
>waiting
>for the final decision.
>At last, the decision was made. The two angels with sheets of paper
>in
>their hands, turned to the crowd. His legs felt like they were going
>to
>collapse. He closed his eyes as they began to read the names of
>those
>people who were to enter Jahannam. His name was read first. He fell
>on his
>knees and yelled that this couldn't be, "How could I go to Jahannam?
>I
>served others all my life, I spread the word of Allah to others".
>His eyes had become blurry and he was shaking with sweat. The two
>angels
>took him by the arms. As his feet dragged, they went through the
>crowd and
>advanced toward the blazing flames of Jahannam. He was yelling and
>wondered if there was any person who was going to help him. He was
>yelling
>of all the good deeds he had done, how he had helped his father, his
>fasts, prayers, the Qur'an that he read, he was asking if none of
>them
>would help him. The Jahannam angels continued to drag him. They had
>gotten
>closer to the Hellfire. He looked back and these were his last
>pleas.
>Had not Rasulullah [saw] said, "How clean would a person be who
>bathes in
>A river five times a day, so too does the Salah performed five times
>Cleanse someone of their sins"? He began yelling, "My prayers?my
>prayers?my prayers." The two angels did not stop, and they came to
>the
>Edge of the abyss of Jahannam.
>The flames of the fire were burning his face. He looked back one
>last
>Time, but his eyes were dry of hope and he had nothing left in him.
>One of
>the angels pushed him in.
>He found himself in the air and falling towards the flames. He had
>just
>Fallen five or six feet when a hand grabbed him by the arm and
>pulled him
>Back. He lifted his head and saw an old man with a long white beard.
>He
>Wiped some dust off himself and asked him, "Who are you?" The old
>man
>Replied, "I am your prayers". "Why are you so late? I was almost in
>the
>Fire! You rescued me at the last minute before I fell in". The old
>man
>smiled and shook his head, "You always performed me at the last
>minute,
>did you forget?"
>At that instant, he blinked and lifted his head from Sajdah. He was
>in a
>Sweat. He listened to the voices coming from outside. He heard the
>adhan
>For Salat-ul Isha. He got up quickly and went to perform Wudhu.
>
>Pass this on to ur friends and family, and maybe u can help someone
>open
>Their eyes........
>And who knows?? Maybe this is a good deed that can help you during
>the day
>Of judgement....right???
>

------
07-21-2006, 02:17 PM

Its a good story Masha'Allah, had it through email,

>>but
>>>it
>would
>>>be
>>>>better
>>without
>the
>>annoying
>>>arrows!

Eddi
07-21-2006, 02:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aalimah

Its a good story Masha'Allah, had it through email,

>>but
>>>it
>would
>>>be
>>>>better
>>without
>the
>>annoying
>>>arrows!

:statisfie Now that deserves reps!

IbnAbdulHakim
07-22-2006, 05:09 PM
mashAllah good reminder :)

Helena
11-11-2006, 07:46 PM

He remembered his grandmother's warning about praying on time: "My
son, you
shouldn't leave prayer to this late time". His grandmother's age
was
70 but whenever she heard the Adhan, she got up like an arrow and
performed Salah.
He, however could never win over his ego to get up and pray.
Whatever he did, his Salah was always the last to be offered and he
prayed it
quickly to get it in on time.
Thinking of this, he got up and realized that there were only 15
minutes left before Salat-ul Isha. He quickly made Wudhu and
performed
Salat-ulMaghrib. While making Tasbih, heagain remembered his
grandmother and was embarrassed by how he had prayed.His
grandmother prayed with such tranquility and peace.
He began making Dua and went down to make Sajdah and stayed like
that for a while.  He had been at school all day and was
tired, so

tired. He awoke abruptly to the sound of noise and shouting. He was
sweating profusely. He
looked around. It was very crowded. Every
direction he looked in was filled with people.  Some stood frozen looking
around, some were running left and right and some were on their knees with their heads in their hands just waiting.Pure fear and apprehension filled him as he realized where he
was. His heart was about to burst.  It was the Day of Judgement.  When he was
alive, he had heard many things about the questioning on the Day of
Judgement, but that seemed so long ago. Could this be something his mind made up?
No, the wait and the fear were so great that he could not have imagined
this. The interrogation was still going on. He began moving frantically from people to people to ask if his name had been called. No one could answer him. All of a sudden his name was called and the crowd split into two and made a
passageway for him.
Two angels grabbed his arms and led him forward. He walked with unknowing
eyes through the crowd. The angels brought him to the center and left him there. His head was bent down and his whole life was passing in front of his eyes like a movie. He
opened his eyes but saw only another world.The people were all helping others. He saw his father running from one lecture to the other, spending his wealth in the way of Islam. His
mother invited guests to their house and one table was being set while
the other was being cleared. He pleaded his case, "I too was always on this
path. I helped others. I spread the word of Allah. I performed my Salah. I fasted
in the month of Ramadan. Whatever Allah ordered us to do, I did.
Whatever he ordered us not to do, I did not." He began to cry and think
about how much he loved Allah.
He knew that whatever he
had done in life would be less than what Allah
deserved and his only protector was Allah.
He was sweating like never before and was shaking all over. His eyes were fixed on the scale, waiting for the final decision. At last, the decision was made. The two angels with
sheets of paper in their hands, turned to the crowd. His legs felt like
they were going to collapse. He closed his eyes as they began to read the
names of those people who were to enter Jahannam.
His name was read first. He fell on his knees and yelled that this couldn't be, "How could
I go to Jahannam? I served others all my life, I spread the word of Allah to
others". His eyes had become blurry and he was shaking with sweat.
The two angels took him by the arms. As his feet dragged, they went
through the crowd and advanced toward the blazing flames of Jahannam.
He was yelling and wondered if
there was any person who was going
to help him. He was yelling of all the good deeds he had done, how he had
helped his father, his fasts, prayers, the Qur'an that he read, he was
asking if none of them would help him. The Jahannam angels continued to
drag him. They had gotten closer to the Hellfire. He looked back and these
were his last pleas. Had not Rasulullah [saw] said, "How clean would a person
be who bathes in a river five times a day, so too does the Salah
performed five times cleanse someone of their sins"? He began yelling, "My prayers? my prayers? my prayers." The two angels did not stop, and they came to the edge of the abyss of Jahannam.  The flames of the fire were burning his face.  He looked back one last time, but his eyes were dry of hope and he had nothing left in him. One of the angels pushed him in. He found
himself in the air and falling towards the flames. He had just fallen five
or six feet when a hand grabbed him by the arm and pulled him back.
He lifted his head and saw an old man with a long white beard. He
wiped some dust off himself and asked him, "Who are you?" The old man
replied, "I am your prayers". "Why are you so late! I was almost in the
Fire! You rescued me at the last minute before I fell in".
The old man smiled and shook his head, "You always performed me at the last minute, did you
forget?" At that instant, he blinked and lifted his head from Sajdah. He was
in a sweat. He listened to the voices coming from outside. He heard the
adhan for Salat-ul Isha. He got up quickly and went to perform
Wudhu. Pass this on to ur friends and family, and maybe u can help someone
open their eyes........ and who knows?? maybe this is a good deed that
can
help you during the day of judgement....right???

MusLiM 4 LiFe
11-11-2006, 07:50 PM
awww iv herd dis b4.. so sweet :)

Snowflake
11-11-2006, 07:57 PM
JazakAllah for sharing sis :)

Latey
11-11-2006, 08:04 PM
I very much like the story - it is meaningfull to all people - I will tell it around.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-11-2006, 08:15 PM
SubhanAllah, what a beautiful story.
Jazak Allah for the share :)

Nuseyba bintkab
12-12-2006, 11:38 AM
that is so sweet and nice

*~Sofia~*
04-03-2007, 08:28 PM
:sl: heres a very gud story with an even better moral.. it looks very long.. but trust me, its worth reading it to the very end.. happy reading!! :D

The boy remembered his grandmother's warning about praying on
time:
"My son, you shouldn't leave prayer to this late."
His grandmother's age was 70 but whenever she heard the
Adhan, she got up like an arrow and performed Salah. He, however could
never win over his ego to get up and pray. Whatever he did, his
Salah was always the last to be offered and he prayed it quickly to get
it in on time. Thinking of this, he got up and realized that there were
only 15 minutes left before Salat-ul Isha. He quickly made Wudhu and
performed Salat-ul Maghrib. While making Tasbih, he again remembered his grandmother and was embarrassed by how he had prayed. His grandmother prayed with such tranquility and peace. He began making Dua and went
down to make Sajdah and stayed like that for a while. He had been at
school all day and was tired, so tired...... He awoke abruptly to the sound of noise and shouting. He was sweating profusely. He looked around. It was very crowded. Every direction he looked in was filled with people. Some stood frozen looking around, some were running left and right and some
were on their knees with their heads in their hands just waiting. Pure fear and apprehension filled him as he realized where he was. His heart was about to burst. It was the Day of Judgement. When he was alive, he had heard many things about the questioning on the Day of Judgement, but that seemed so long ago. Could this be something his mind made up? No, the wait and the fear were so great that he could not have imagined this. The interrogation was still going on. He began moving frantically from people to people to ask if his name had been called. No one could answer him. All of a sudden his name was called and the crowd split into two and made a passageway for him. Two angels grabbed his arms and led him forward. He walked with unknowing eyes through the crowd. The angels brought him to the center and left him there. His head was bent down and his whole life
was passing in front of his eyes like a movie. He opened his eyes but saw only another world. The people were all helping others. He saw his father running from one lecture to the other, spending his wealth in the way of
Islam. His mother invited guests to their house and one table was
being set while the other was being cleared. He pleaded his case, "I too was always on this path. I helped others. I spread the word of Allah. I performed my Salah. I fasted in the month of Ramadan. Whatever Allah ordered us to do, I did. Whatever he ordered us not to do, I did not." He began to cry and think about how much he loved Allah. He knew that whatever he had done in life would be less than what Allah deserved and his only protector was Allah. He was sweating like never before and was shaking all over. His eyes were fixed on the scale, waiting for the final decision. At last, the decision was made. The two angels with sheets of paper in their hands, turned to the crowd. His legs felt like they were going to collapse. He closed his eyes as they began to read the names of those people who were to enter Jahannam.
His name was read first. He fell on his knees and yelled that this couldn't be, "How could I go to Jahannam? I served others all my life, I spread the
word of Allah to others". His eyes had become blurry and he was shaking with sweat. The two angels took him by the arms. As his feet dragged, they went through the crowd and advanced towards the blazing flames of Jahannam. He was yelling and wondered if there was any person who was going to help him. He was yelling of all the good deeds he had done, how he had helped his father, his fasts, prayers, the Qur'an that he read, he was asking if none
of them would help him. The Jahannam angels continued to drag him.
They had gotten closer to the Hellfire. He looked back and these were his last pleas. Had not Rasulullah [saw] said, "How clean would a person be who bathes in a river five times a day, so too does the Salah performed five
times cleanse someone of their sins"? He began yelling, "My prayers? my prayers? my prayers." The two angels did not stop, and they came to the edge of the abyss of Jahannam. The flames of the fire were burning his
face. He looked back one last time, but his eyes were dry of hope and he
had nothing left in him. One of the angels pushed him in. He found himself in the air and falling towards the flames. He had just fallen five or six feet when a hand grabbed him by the arm and pulled him back.
He lifted his head and saw an old man with a long white beard.
He wiped some dust off himself and asked him,
"Who are you?"
The old man replied, "I am your prayers".
"Why are you so late! I was almost in the Fire! You rescued me at the last minute before I fell in".
The old man smiled and shook his head, "You always
performed me at the last minute, did you forget?"
At that instant, he blinked and lifted his head from Sajdah. He was in a sweat. He listened to the voices coming from outside. He heard the adhan for Salat-ul Isha. He got up quickly and went to perform Wudhu.

------
04-03-2007, 08:38 PM
:salamext:

Masha'Allâh, have read this before but a good reminder. Jazak Allâh Khayr.

FatimaAsSideqah
04-03-2007, 08:40 PM
Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh

JakahAllah for the post! And also thank for reminder!

O Allah! Grant us good in this world and in the Hereafter and save us from the torment of the Hell-Fire!

Ameen

Sister of Islam

Uthman
04-03-2007, 08:42 PM

Subhan'Allah, that's a very inspirational story!

A similar thread about short stories was created here:
http://www.islamicboard.com/general-...t-stories.html

unknown_JJ
04-26-2007, 10:28 PM
He remembered his grandmother's warning about praying on time: "My son, you shouldn't leave prayer to this late time". His grandmother's age was 70 but whenever she heard the adhan, she got up like an arrow and performed salah. He however could never win over his ego to get up and pray. Whatever he did, his salah was always the last to be offered and he prayed it quickly to get it in on time.

Thinking of this, he got up and realized that there were only 15 minutes left before Salat-ul Isha. He quickly made wudhu and performed Salat-ul Maghrib.
While making tasbeeh, he again remembered his grandmother and was embarrassed by how he had prayed. His grandmother prayed with such tranquillity and
peace. He began making dua and went down to make sajdah and stayed like that for a while. He had been at school all day and was tired, so tired.
He awoke abruptly to the sound of noise and shouting. He was sweating profusely. He looked around. It was very crowded. Every direction he looked in was filled with
people. Some stood frozen looking around, some were running left and right and some were on their knees with their heads in their hands just waiting. Pure fear and apprehension filled him as he realized where he was. His heart was about to burst.

It was the Day of Judgement.

When he was alive, he had heard many things about the questioning on the Day of Judgement, but that seemed so long ago. Could this be something his mind made up?
No, the wait and the fear were so great that he could not have imagined this. The interrogation was still going on. He began moving frantically from people to people to ask if his name had been called.

No one could answer him. All of a sudden his name was called and the crowd split into two and made a passageway for him. Two people grabbed his arms and led him forward. He walked with unknowing eyes through the crowd. The angels brought him to the centre and left him there. His head was bent down and his whole life was passing in front of his eyes like a movie.

He opened his eyes but saw only another world. The people were all helping others. He saw his father running from one lecture to the other, spending his wealth in the way of Islam. His mother invited guests to their house and one table was being set while the other was being cleared. He pleaded his case, "I too was always on this path. I helped others. I spread the word of Allah. I performed my salah. I fasted in the month of Ramadan. Whatever Allah ordered us to do, I did. Whatever he ordered us not to do, I did not." He began to cry and think about how much he loved Allah. He knew that whatever he had done in life would be less than what Allah deserved and his only protector was Allah. He was sweating like never before and was shaking all over. His eyes were fixed on the scale, waiting for the final decision.
At last, the decision was made.
The two angels with sheets of paper in their hands turned to the crowd.
His legs felt like they were going to collapse.
He closed his eyes as they began to read the names of those people who were to enter Jahannam.

His name was read first.
He fell on his knees and yelled that this couldn't be, "How could I go to
Jahannam? I served others all my life; I spread the word of Allah to others".

His eyes had become blurry and he was shaking with sweat.
The two angels took him by the arms. As his feet dragged, they went through the crowd and advanced toward the blazing flames of Jahannam.
He was yelling and wondered if there was any person who was going to help him. He was yelling of all the good deeds he had done, how he had helped his father, his fasts,
prayers, the Qur'an that he read, he was asking if any of them would help him.
The Jahannam angels continued to drag him. They had gotten closer to the
Hellfire. He looked back and these were his last pleas.

Had not Rasulullah [saw] said, "How clean would a person be who bathes in a river five times a day, so too does the Salah performed five times cleanse someone of their sins"? He began yelling, "My prayers? My prayers? My prayers." The two angels did
not stop, and they came to the edge of the abyss of Jahannam.
The flames of the fire were burning his face. He looked back one last time, but his eyes were dry of hope and he had nothing left in him.
One of the angels pushed him in. He found himself in the air and falling towards the flames.

He had just fallen five or six feet when a hand grabbed him by the arm and pulled him back.
He lifted his head and saw an old man with a long white beard.
He wiped some dust off himself and asked him, "Who are you?" The old man replied, "I am your prayers".
"Why are you so late! I was almost in the Fire! You rescued me at the last minute before I fell in".
The old man smiled and shook his head, "You always performed me at the last minute, did you forget?"

At that instant, he blinked and lifted his head from sajdah. He was in a sweat. He listened to the voices coming from outside. He heard the adhan for Salat-ul Isha.
He got up quickly and went to perform wudhu.

Al_Imaan
04-26-2007, 10:35 PM
that's touching...brought tears to my eyes:cry:....Jazak Allah for sharing

~*MaNaL*~
04-27-2007, 08:23 AM
Jazakallah for sharing such a beautiful story>:):):):

'Abd al-Baari
04-27-2007, 03:10 PM

Mashallah a great story and reminder...Jazakallah Khair for sharing

Have Faith
04-28-2007, 03:51 PM

subhanallah thats such a great reminder!!:cry:
jazakhallah qhayran for sharing !!

786rani
04-28-2007, 03:58 PM
beautiful story with a v.important moral.
rani

Uthman
04-28-2007, 04:04 PM

Great story! :)

Sister unknown_JJ, I have noticed that you are posting a lot of inspirational stories. There is already a thread created here, specifically for this purpose. You can post your stories there, Inshaa'Allah. :)

unknown_JJ
04-28-2007, 08:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman

Great story! :)

Sister unknown_JJ, I have noticed that you are posting a lot of inspirational stories. There is already a thread created here, specifically for this purpose. You can post your stories there, Inshaa'Allah. :)

oh jazakallah 4 pointing that out.. i never realy heard of that thread b4 hmm..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.