/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Keep Up The Good Work

bangalore bob
03-12-2006, 09:23 PM
Sun, Mar. 12, 2006 Pakistan says 30 militants dead after troops raid hideout By Munir Ahmad Associated Press ISLAMABAD, Pakistan - Pakistani soldiers backed by helicopter gunships attacked a suspected militant hideout in Pakistan's volatile tribal region near the Afghan border and killed about 30 fighters, an army spokesman said yesterday.

Gen. Shaulat Sultan would not reveal the identities or nationalities of those killed late Friday near the town of Miran Shah, the scene of repeated clashes between security forces and militants in the last week.
"We did that with full accuracy on authentic intelligence, and according to our information, about 30 miscreants, who included foreigners, were killed," he said.
No security forces were hurt, and all those at the hideout were killed, he said, adding that a large cache of weapons had been blown up.

An intelligence official in the region said the targeted compound belonged to a pro-Taliban cleric, Maulvi Sadiq Noor, although it was not clear whether he was there at the time. The official spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the media.
The official said security forces were hunting for more foreigners believed to be hiding in the region.
Noor and other pro-Taliban tribesmen have been targeted since early last week, when armed men took over government buildings after a military attack on an al-Qaeda hideout near Miran Shah. More than 100 suspects and eight soldiers were killed in the fighting.
Days later, authorities imposed a curfew in Miran Shah after regaining control of government buildings from militants, who are believed to have retreated to nearby mountains.
Pakistan is a key ally of the United States and has asked tribal elders to evict foreign militants and their supporters from their areas or prepare for military action.
The recent clashes in North Waziristan were the worst in Pakistan's tribal regions since 2004, when scores of al-Qaeda members, troops and local fighters died during fighting in neighboring South Waziristan.
Officials say members of Afghanistan's toppled Taliban regime and al-Qaeda members continue to hide in Pakistan's lawless tribal regions near the Afghan border.

Keep up the good work !!! :giggling:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
snakelegs
03-12-2006, 09:53 PM
[QUOTE=bangalore bob;209338]Sun, Mar. 12, 2006 Pakistan says 30 militants dead after troops raid hideout QUOTE]

i didn't know there were child "militants". children are also getting killed.
collateral damange?

bangalore bob
03-12-2006, 09:56 PM
[QUOTE=snakelegs;209389]
format_quote Originally Posted by bangalore bob
Sun, Mar. 12, 2006 Pakistan says 30 militants dead after troops raid hideout QUOTE]

i didn't know there were child "militants". children are also getting killed.
collateral damange?

Bad parenting.

Lush
03-13-2006, 01:33 AM
The killing of a child can never be justified.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
north_malaysian
03-13-2006, 02:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lush
agreed.:offended:

bangalore bob
03-13-2006, 02:48 AM
So maybe their parents shoulder the blame for having their children around a group of foriegn terrorists. Placing a child in a dangerous enviroment like that is a crime in most countrys.

Lush
03-13-2006, 03:52 AM
Oh please. Should we also blame all the parents of the children who routinely get shot in the ghetto? Hey, that's a dangerous environment too.

Apologetics are not going to work when it comes to the murder of children. Plain and simple.

north_malaysian
03-13-2006, 03:56 AM
Oh please. Should we also blame all the parents of the children who routinely get shot in the ghetto? Hey, that's a dangerous environment too.

Apologetics are not going to work when it comes to the murder of children. Plain and simple.
agreed.

bangalore bob
03-13-2006, 04:00 AM
Harboring terrorists that you know are being hunted by your government in no way has anything in common with living in a ghetto. If kids did get killed, their parents bear the blame. They created the dangerous situation by cavorting with terrorists.

Malsidabym
03-13-2006, 04:58 AM
How about a child soldier that is shooting at you? (A serious question)

snakelegs
03-13-2006, 06:11 AM
Harboring terrorists that you know are being hunted by your government in no way has anything in common with living in a ghetto. If kids did get killed, their parents bear the blame. They created the dangerous situation by cavorting with terrorists.

there is a guy on my block who committed a crime. so the police set fire to my block trying to smoke him out, during which everyone on the block burns to death, including children. was i to blame for living on this block? were my children?

sonz
03-13-2006, 07:29 AM
i cant believe ur justifying the murder of children.

Bittersteel
03-13-2006, 07:43 AM
How about a child soldier that is shooting at you?
that's an enemy combatant.I agree that parents are to blame for the death of some kids .Like the parents of child suicide bombers.

Nicola
03-13-2006, 07:52 AM
Abrar

I really like your avatar...where did you get it from..

Lush
03-13-2006, 05:28 PM
In a situation where a child is shooting at you, you have to shoot back. But I could never rejoice in such an act, and it boggles my mind that others would.

bangalore bob
03-13-2006, 09:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sonz
i cant believe ur justifying the murder of children.

Your reading comprehension needs work. I never said anything about 'justification'. I said their parents were to blame for their deaths. Parents that harbor terrorists are BAD PARENTS !

sonz
03-13-2006, 09:28 PM
Your reading comprehension needs work. I never said anything about 'justification'. I said their parents were to blame for their deaths. Parents that harbor terrorists are BAD PARENTS !
thats why u said

Keep up the good work !!!

bangalore bob
03-13-2006, 09:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sonz
thats why u said

Keep up the good work !!!

The 'good work' was for killing the terrorists. Horrible parenting doesn't deserve praise.

afriend
03-13-2006, 10:02 PM
The 'good work' was for killing the terrorists. Horrible parenting doesn't deserve praise.
lol

ur someone who I wudnt call a 'peace lovin person'.

ur more of a "I want to get rid of terrorism, and i dont care who i kill on my path to get there" kind of guy..........

No offence intended. Just plain opinion.

bangalore bob
03-13-2006, 10:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
lol

ur someone who I wudnt call a 'peace lovin person'.

ur more of a "I want to get rid of terrorism, and i dont care who i kill on my path to get there" kind of guy..........

No offence intended. Just plain opinion.

You aren't totally right, but you're not totally wrong, either. I do 'love peace', but I don't mind sticking my boot up an a** when needed. No offense taken. All is cool.

afriend
03-13-2006, 10:09 PM
You aren't totally right, but you're not totally wrong, either. I do 'love peace', but I don't mind sticking my boot up an a** when needed. No offense taken. All is cool.
LOL

Well, atleats i was half right!

That's good.

Someone who doesnt get offended easily is powerful.........

Cos they got the power to remain calm while the other guy goes crazy.

It's gona b hard to argue with you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.