/* */

PDA

View Full Version : RM 3,500,000.00 to reislamize 35 girls.

north_malaysian
03-13-2006, 03:13 AM
Last Saturday, I went for my Fiqh Lesson. The ustaz told us that he met earlier with his old friend who is working with Jabatan Agama Islam Perak - JAIP (State of Perak Islamic Department). He told my ustaz a very shocking story.

As everybody knows about 250,000 Muslims leaved Islam in Malaysia. 100,000became Christians. In State of Perak, about 35 girls were converted to Christianity recently. Their families and the whole community tried to contact them but failed because they're protected by a Christian mission group. As last resort they perform 'salat hajat' to bring those girls back to Islam. Sooner, the Christian mission contacted the girls' families and said that those girl want to revert back to Islam suddenly. But they refuse to let those girls come back to Islam, unless Muslims pay RM 3,500,000.00 to them as compensation. They said that they spent RM100,000.00 for every Muslim that became a Christian. The families contacted JAIP in order to pay compensation to the Christian missionaries. JAIP collected the money from various resources and finally managed to pay the compensation. The girls are now Muslims. Imagine RM100,000.00 in order to make a Muslim became Christian in Malaysia.

If they can spend RM100,000.00 to christianize our Muslims, we Malaysian Muslims are willingly to pay RM200,000.00 to reislamize our fellow Muslims too.
Just pray for us!! And perform 'salat hajat' that those 250,000 murtads be reislamized again!!:amin:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
abdul Majid
03-13-2006, 03:15 AM
Seriously??

Muslim Knight
03-13-2006, 03:32 AM
Sad affair of us Malay Muslims that everywhere in the world people are coming into the fold of Islam, but here we are leaving the religion to join the kuffar. May Allah save us! Ameen!

abdul Majid
03-13-2006, 03:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslim knight
May Allah save us! Ameen!
AMEN

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
north_malaysian
03-13-2006, 03:54 AM
Sad affair of us Malay Muslims that everywhere in the world people are coming into the fold of Islam, but here we are leaving the religion to join the kuffar. May Allah save us! Ameen!
Do you think, is it a right thing to give away RM3,500,000.00 to save those 35 girls. I think it is. Money is not important. :offended:

Selising
03-13-2006, 05:52 AM
At least we can see the result of "Conditions for Independence". To get independence in 1957, Malaysia has to agree with few things. Among them are citizenship for Chinese and Indians, accept the Civil Court, Lord Reid Law etc.

I've read a book "10 Perancangan Barat Menghancurkan Islam" or 10 Western Plans to Destroy Muslims. Among them are musics, free sex, etc, I can't remember.

What I can see, their most successfull way which was not described in the book is taking Sunday as rest day for the week. Why they call it holi-day? I don't want to call it holi-day - it is the day that u don't go to work for the week. In some state they declare Friday as rest day. Most of the states they declare Sunday as rest day.

Friday is the day for muslim to perform Solat Jumaah. That day should be the day when u don't have to be busy with your work, rushing, meeting, deadline etc. Most of us in Malaysia will hv to go to work on Friday and we have rest on Sunday. On Sunday, the Christians freely, relaxly, happily go to church, bring their children to church.

Can anybody see my point?

The love to our religion loosen.

The curriculum in Malaysian Education is another thing. The teaching of Islamic study is not broad. Those who go to Islamic School administered by the government doesn't have the Islamic soul. As long as they pass the exam its good enuf. For my kindergarten, I interviewd teachers who went to so called Islamic School. I asked them to recite Al-A'la. They asked me which surah is that? I asked them to recite Ad-Dhuha, they don't remember. I managed to get 2 teachers, they are wearing hijab, but I can see their neck. I said starts from next week I want to see them in better hijab. See what will happen next week. this week is school holiday

don't ask me can't I find a beeter teacher? I found one with veil, she came for 1 week, then she want to go home. she said her place is at home. She cant be teaching at my place where parents sent their kids everyday. sometimes not the mum sent the children but the dad.

Selising
03-13-2006, 05:55 AM
continue....

For normal school we learn Islamic study only for 3 periods in a week. 45 minutes a period.

The ministry make us busy with co-curricular activities.

Anonymous.92
03-13-2006, 06:02 AM
That is so sad. I hope they revert back to Islam. Apostates are the unluckiest of us all. May Allah save all of us muslims from the hellfire and becoming apostates. Ameen.

north_malaysian
03-13-2006, 08:14 AM
According to Reid Commission Agreement, Malaysia is meant to be a secular country. That's why it shocked the whole nation when our ex PM declared Malaysia an Islamic nation. Furthermore, Pak Lah saying Malaysia is an Islamic state with Islam Hadhari Principle. How many people knows what Islam Hadhari? I dont know a bit.

I think sooner states like Kedah and Terengganu will declare Sunday holiday instead of Friday like what has been done to Perlis and Johor. I'm a Penangite, I'm used to learn and work in Fridays. Many Penangite Muslims dont observe Friday because they're working. Or rather spnding 2 hours eating or shopping than praying.

Religious education:-

I am a product of SMKA (Government National Religious Schools). It's hard to get into a SMKA today. You have to obtain good UPSR result. When I was in SMKA, my ustaz told us that all SMKA students are no different than those in non religious school. The only difference that SMKA students learn Arabic. We're so shocked. I thought SMKA student can be a good imam after done their education in SMKA.

When I was in the university, I can see the truth of what my ustaz said. Those from private owned Madrasa are well versed in Islamic subjects, and damn good in Arabic. We SMKA students have to struggle to read Arabic kitabs (at SMKA we learnt Islamic subjects in Malay, while in private Madrasa they learnt it in Arabic). No wonder Al Azhar prefers them, not SMKA students. We only spent 6 hours per week learning Islamic subjects, and 2 hours per week for Arabic.

:offended:

mizan_aliashraf
03-13-2006, 11:06 AM
Salam
Really? Is this for real? Subhanallah, thats really shocking
May Allah protect us all and guide us
Wassalam

Sis786
03-13-2006, 01:23 PM
Subhanallah, its not about the money but about principal, why should someone have to pay compensation when the parties involved are willing to come back to Islam. It seems like someones pride has been hurt and they trying to deal with the situation in a wrong manner

snowdropjasmine
03-13-2006, 01:32 PM
wow

Mawaddah
03-13-2006, 03:57 PM
Islam in Malaysia is in a really sad state right now, everyone who goes there can see it. I lived in Jasin, Melaka with my family and my mother wanted to send my two small brothers to school.....However of course she wanted an Islamic school seeing as how we had just come back from Yemen. So she wanted an islamic environment for them. So she checked out plenty of schools, government schools mostly, and the Islamic education they give there is shocking!! hardly anything Islamic!! and then even if they do teach Islamic studies it's only things like....How to make Wudhu', How to make Salaat...etc etc. Simple stuff like that.
But anything about Aqidah? Nope...nothing. So finally my mother decided to send my brothers to a school called Madrasatur Rahmah...some school run by the PAS party of Malaysia. At least their schools even though its not properly facilitated in some areas, it still offers more when it comes to Islamic studies.

But to say the least, returning back to Malaysia was a shock for my family, because just 5 years prior to that, when we had returned.....It was not the state it was now. The womens dressing for example..they used to wear decent clothing, it was so funny when we returned back this time, my father was so confused to see the girls wearing hipsters and exposing their g-strings and all of that with Hijaab. My father was confused and he was like.....are these chinese or Malays? LOL

I dont know what's wrong with that government of Malaysia, That Badawi, He's just leading the Muslim youth of his country astray Walna'uzubillah. And it's so scary because so many of these missionaries are in Malaysia now. I met a lady wearing full hijab...long khimar and everything, but when I gave salaams to her she did not return my Salaams. As I found out later she was a christian girl...apostated from Islam, but she wears full hijab and all...but with a cross around her neck. Scary isn't it? May Allah keep us and our families on the straight path always Amin.....Malaysia a Muslim country?? MY FOOT

Eric H
03-13-2006, 07:54 PM
Greetings and peace north_malaysian;

I find it sad and wrong that a persons faith should be bartered for money.

If Christians seek to help poor people they should not put conversion as a condition for aid

In the spirit of seeking justice for all people

Eric

Noora_z3
03-13-2006, 08:15 PM
Salam to all..

I agree with u all, things r changin so drasticly in malaysia, i was there for like 5 years for my higher education, year by year i could see big changes especially in KL, paretns r busy working, teenagers r lost, the concept of boy frind/girlfreind is so prominent even in kindygarten, girls r dressing up really seductivly, copying singers like Jennifer lopez n Christina. Chainese have no respect for the locals, they dress like they want without respectin the feelings of the muslims, even in Ramadhan they go to dinner the same time the muslims malays have to open their fasting, many times me n my freinds would decide to break our fast outside n we go n get shocked to see that the resturants r full with chainease who can eat any time they want.

I spend 5 preciouse years of my life in malaysia, grew up and matured mentally in that place, its a unique country without any doubt as lots of good things happen in there. I love the country from the bottom of my heart and pray from Allah to protect the muslim malays. Aamin

north_malaysian
03-14-2006, 02:45 AM
Malays love music and dressed up as their singer idols. Hip hop, black metal, punk. Yeah lots of girls wear tight shirts that show their navel but still wearing hijab.:heated:

Many christian malay women chosed to wear hijab, because it'll hide their crosses hanging on their neck.

Christian missionaries are all over the countries. Malaysia will be like Indonesia in the near future. Imagine, for hundreds of years, the Portuguese colonized us, followed by Dutch, followed by British, all brought in Christian missionaries to convert the Malays. But they are not successfull at all. But when we achieved independence, 250,000 openly became murtads. Is it something wrong with the government? or Education system?

Before 1980s, Islamic Education is just elective subject. all secondary school students have to choose either to take Islamic class or Art class. Sadly, most muslims chosed art class, meanwhile the non muslims prefer Islamic class. That's why many non muslims converted to ISlam that time.

Since 1980s, Islamic education is an obligatory subject for Muslims. But it only teach about basic things in ibadat, islamic history, morality - so basic.
There's no such thing as hudud or qisas taught.

Most of parents nowadays are 70s educated (which preferred Art Classes rather to Islamic classes). There are many cases of parents asked the schools to exclude their children in Islamic classes. Why? These parents never perform salat etc. Suddenly the children came home and talk about what their learnt in school. Of course they'll ask their parents why they dont perform salat etc. In order to avoid these questions they prefer to exclude their children from Islamic classes.

My Parents were those 70s type. They only observe Ramadhan. when I was 6 years old, My father begun more religious conscious because he dont want his children to be raised up as non practicing Muslims. He took up religious classes, he sent me to PERKIM kindergarten (kindergarten set up by Muslim converts). He started to repented and perform all Islamic duties. But my mum was still non practicing Muslim that time. Two years after that my father appeal to my mum to be practicing Muslim. She agreed and goes to Islamic classes. 1 year later she started wearing scarf, and a year later fully hijab.
When I was in standard 4 my family are religious and practicing Muslims. We could be considered as BORN AGAIN MUSLIMS. Thanks for Allah for giving hidayah to my father:brother: .

Since 1990s many Muslims became BORN AGAIN MUSLIMS. That's why many women wears hijab. The more educated the women, the higher percentage of them wearing hijab. BUT REMEMBER, there are also lots of Muslims who still within their 70s value. Their offspring adapted hijab, because most of her friends wear ones. It just a fashion craze. Dont be surprised to find a hijab woman but never pray. So sad!:offended:

yamani
03-14-2006, 03:37 AM
salam to all
i can see the islam being valued by money and the bidding is getting higher and higher.....well i wonder is it will be listed in the stock market the amount of muslim becoming christian and vice versa......whoever chose to be a non muslim it is up to him....this money paid for these things will make missionaries to become stronger and stronger.....how can a muslim agrees to such a thing....this is totally wrong.....u give a mission that amount of money to bring someone who chose by her freewill to become a christian.....well this is shamful.......
malaysia will something bad soon if nothing is done about all these social ills and empty mentality.....i'm living here in malaysia and i'm really sad to what is happening to the muslim people here.......the issue is internal rather than external.....have u heard about the guy who cliamed to be God and the other who said he is the prophet of the malays.....if these things can happen do not talk about missinaries and other things
thanx
wassalam

north_malaysian
03-14-2006, 03:56 AM
There are 2 false prophets:

1) Kahar - he claimed to be Prophet for the Malays. In the state of selangor I think. But when the Islamic authorities want to charge him with deviancy, he proclaimed to the public that he resigned from being a prophet. What a wacko!!:giggling:

2) Ayah Pin - This fella is very serious to mixed all religions. He's a Kelantanese Malay but reside in State of Terengganu. He claimed to be Prophet of the Malays, Messiah of the Christians and Creator of hinduism. Officially (for him and his freaking followers) he is Representative of the Sky Kingdom. His followers are Malays and Hindus. I've seen his VCD. I want to vomit seeing Hindus drinking water that they used to wash Ayah Pin feet (yucky!). He has followers all over Malaysia and Bali. For Hindus who follow him, they worship him as God. Samy Vellu, president of Malaysian Indian Congress said that Ayah Pin made Hindus to be apostates by worshipping him, a Malay. Now all his Muslim followers charged with deviancy. Many claimed to be apostates so they should not be admitted to Islamic court.
Some of his followers are Al Azhar graduates!!:rollseyes . But Ayah Pin escaped the authorities and couldnt been found until today.

north_malaysian
03-14-2006, 04:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Noora_z3
Salam to all..

I agree with u all, things r changin so drasticly in malaysia, i was there for like 5 years for my higher education, year by year i could see big changes especially in KL, paretns r busy working, teenagers r lost, the concept of boy frind/girlfreind is so prominent even in kindygarten, girls r dressing up really seductivly, copying singers like Jennifer lopez n Christina. Chainese have no respect for the locals, they dress like they want without respectin the feelings of the muslims, even in Ramadhan they go to dinner the same time the muslims malays have to open their fasting, many times me n my freinds would decide to break our fast outside n we go n get shocked to see that the resturants r full with chainease who can eat any time they want.

I spend 5 preciouse years of my life in malaysia, grew up and matured mentally in that place, its a unique country without any doubt as lots of good things happen in there. I love the country from the bottom of my heart and pray from Allah to protect the muslim malays. Aamin
Dont blame the chinese! They dont really know what is Islam. we might be tolerance but not well intergrated between different ethnic groups.
From what I've been observing, Malays wears clothes more daring than Chinese.

Chinese used to have dinner between 7-8 pm. Dont blame them for loving Muslim food (Ramadhan is the month where many special delicacies served). Even some Chinese try to fast too.

Zulkiflim
03-14-2006, 04:12 AM
Salaam,

I think this story is fabricated.

Perhaps you can provide a news source for us.

If the chrisitan missionary are holding the people hostage then it is a matter for police not for religious police.

Pls provide the source of this story,i beleive that if a person is help hostage and the missionaries demand a ransom,they can be persecuted.

So pls provide the source.

Selising
03-14-2006, 04:18 AM
The main objective of the government is to stop Pan-Malaysia Islamic Party (PAS) movement. PAS becoming more popular in 90s compared to ruling party since PAS wants to set-up an Islamic country while ruling party (BN) is a multi-racial combination of political parties.

To stop the growing polularity of PAS they did a lot of thing. Teaching very basic Islamic study and they call it Islamic Study. Teaching Arabic language in a school and they call it Islamic School. Cut short the Fardhu Ain classes in most madrasa from 2 1/2 hours to 1 hour. Stop sending students to oversea since 1985.

U might ask me what is the relation? Most of Malaysian students who went oversea like UK or US, they will meet Pakistani, Arabs in UK whom teach them the true Islam. These people around 60% came back to Malaysia bringing the true Islamic teaching. They themselves wearing plain cloth, long hijab until their waist. The men with their beard and turban. These people normally became universities lecturers and formed usrah group and teach our young people whom later spread the true Islamic teaching.

This what the government don't like. When the understanding of Islam growing in the nation, they will love PAS, they will chose PAS, they will vote for PAS. This what the government don't want.

Nowadays, the plain cloth women will be rarely seen. Most Malay wear hijab, but at the same time, they are showing their navel, they are showing their bare skin, short sleeve tight t-shirt, their hijab is very transparent. They thought they are wearing cloth but actually they are naked.

Selising
03-14-2006, 04:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zulkiflim
Salaam,
If the chrisitan missionary are holding the people hostage then it is a matter for police not for religious police.

So pls provide the source.
In Malaysia, sometimes u cannot involve the law to get justice and to win when actually u r at the right side. If the person is already 21, the law said it is up to them to choose which religion they want to follow. As a muslim, will u want them to become a Christian? No! It is my duty to bring them back to Islam. Every muslims duty!

Zulkiflim
03-14-2006, 04:48 AM
Salaam,

Irregardless,the families of the 35 people would not have called the police but the goverment body will.

And agian i reiterate,if the story is true ,the missionaries can be considered as KIDNAPPERS,for they willingly hide the people and then asked for ransom.

And kidnapping is a great no no .

It is not a matter of reliogn anymore but rahter a matter of LAW.
Is there any reason why the families or the Goverment body not to approach the police?

So pls provide a source.

mahuruf
03-14-2006, 05:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
But they refuse to let those girls come back to Islam, unless Muslims pay RM 3,500,000.00 to them as compensation. They said that they spent RM100,000.00 for every Muslim that became a Christian.
It’s an unethical conversion.

Salaam

north_malaysian
03-14-2006, 08:03 AM
Salaam,

Irregardless,the families of the 35 people would not have called the police but the goverment body will.

And agian i reiterate,if the story is true ,the missionaries can be considered as KIDNAPPERS,for they willingly hide the people and then asked for ransom.

And kidnapping is a great no no .

It is not a matter of reliogn anymore but rahter a matter of LAW.
Is there any reason why the families or the Goverment body not to approach the police?

So pls provide a source.
As I've said earlier I've heard my ustaz saying this, he was told by his friend working in Jabatan Agama Islam Perak. Maybe some of us should meet any officers from JAIP regarding to this (but do we have the time?).

It's not something to be reported in newspapers or tv. For sure this kind of news will be banned.

Do you ever heard how many ex Hindus who converted to Islam killed. Are those cases being reported? Nope. Why? I dont know. That's why it's hard to say the source. Malaysia is full of rumors, like the ex-priest of sabah converted to Islam, After years - it's proven to be fake.

The moral of the story, is that the annoying status of our fellow Malaysian Muslims which dont really practicing Islam facing the dangers of being converted to other religions.

Muslim Knight
03-14-2006, 09:50 AM
RM 3.5 million to re-Islamize those girls? It sounds paying ransom . That kind of money would be better put into other uses.

Actually it's our fault Malaysians that our Muslim girls are converting to other religion. We continue voting for a government that pays only lip service to our Islam. We can't imagine how it would be for our country were the current government to be voted out. Even with anger that comes with the recent fuel price increase will surely die down whenever its election time. We have the power to change but we choose to forgive a corrupt government everytime.

Our Malay Muslim men still pee standing up in public loos and we care not to admonish them carefully. We still arrange marriages for our daughters to people with doubtful characters (their wealth is more important as it secures our future) and then think we have fulfilled our religious responsibilities.

We entertain ourselves too much. Instead of one, we have 2-3 TV shows to produce more and more artists. We have turned our country into a music powerhouse, a factory churning out songstresses and actresses by the tons.

Sad affair that now we have to pay out RM 3.5 million to reconvert our children back into Islam.

Zulkiflim
03-14-2006, 09:55 AM
Salaam,

Then be careful of what is spread by the mouth.

For word spread without thought have consequences that may be good or be bad.
As the Prophet said,THE MOUTH IS FAR HARDER TO CONTROL THAN THE HAND>
So i would suggest you to try to approach JAIP or send them an email
http://jaip.perak.gov.my/main.html

As for muslim who do not practise the way Islam should be practised the asnwer is simple.

READ the Quran.
When once the Propeht Muhammad saw was saddened when some who saw the sign but did not convert,and melanchonic a verse was sent that say that Prophet Muhammad saw is but a man,if Allah will then all of man will be muslim.

Thus the Prophet got an answer and admonition.
Propeht Muhammad saw was but a man,chosen to teach and guide but not to force.

So to perform Dakwah is not by telling or confraontation but rahter by OUR VERY BEING>.Fill the hollowness.

For a start i would say to you when you start to talk always begin with Salaam and when you are unsure of something then say Inshallah.

Muslim Knight
03-14-2006, 09:56 AM
That RM3.5 million should be put into use into strengthening Muslim organizations throughout the country. Muslim Youth Movement Malaysia, Jemaah Islah Malaysia, PERKIM and all can benefit better.

Let those apostates enjoy their state of kaafir for a while. Allah's punishment will come soon enough for them. Mean while, we should devote our resources to da'wah, educating our friends and newer generations about Islam. Time will come when those who have opted out of Islam will realize the folly of their abandoning the True Light and the chastisement that awaits them.

north_malaysian
03-15-2006, 01:39 AM
RM 3.5 million to re-Islamize those girls? It sounds paying ransom . That kind of money would be better put into other uses.

Actually it's our fault Malaysians that our Muslim girls are converting to other religion. We continue voting for a government that pays only lip service to our Islam. We can't imagine how it would be for our country were the current government to be voted out. Even with anger that comes with the recent fuel price increase will surely die down whenever its election time. We have the power to change but we choose to forgive a corrupt government everytime.

Our Malay Muslim men still pee standing up in public loos and we care not to admonish them carefully. We still arrange marriages for our daughters to people with doubtful characters (their wealth is more important as it secures our future) and then think we have fulfilled our religious responsibilities.

We entertain ourselves too much. Instead of one, we have 2-3 TV shows to produce more and more artists. We have turned our country into a music powerhouse, a factory churning out songstresses and actresses by the tons.

Sad affair that now we have to pay out RM 3.5 million to reconvert our children back into Islam.
It's hard to topple the current government because the hold everything, the media, the enforcement officers. That's why election belongs to them. Mayb all opposition should boycott next election like the Thais are doing to Thaksin. When BN rules 100% of the country with nobody challange them, I would like to see how constructive this nation would be. I'm not a PAS, Keadilan supporters, neither pro UMNO. But I think we are lack of democracy.

Reality shows producing artists in Malaysia:

RTM - Bintang RTM
TV3 - Mentor
8TV - Malaysian Idol, Superstars (Chinese)
Astro Ria - Akademi Fantasia
Hitz.tv - Blast off
NTV7 - I've forgot the name
Astro Vanavil - Tamil music competition (dont know the name)
Astro AEC - Mandarin music competition (dont know the name)

It's not 2-3 reality shows but 9.

north_malaysian
03-15-2006, 01:45 AM
Salaam,

Then be careful of what is spread by the mouth.

For word spread without thought have consequences that may be good or be bad.
As the Prophet said,THE MOUTH IS FAR HARDER TO CONTROL THAN THE HAND>
So i would suggest you to try to approach JAIP or send them an email
http://jaip.perak.gov.my/main.html

As for muslim who do not practise the way Islam should be practised the asnwer is simple.

READ the Quran.
When once the Propeht Muhammad saw was saddened when some who saw the sign but did not convert,and melanchonic a verse was sent that say that Prophet Muhammad saw is but a man,if Allah will then all of man will be muslim.

Thus the Prophet got an answer and admonition.
Propeht Muhammad saw was but a man,chosen to teach and guide but not to force.

So to perform Dakwah is not by telling or confraontation but rahter by OUR VERY BEING>.Fill the hollowness.

For a start i would say to you when you start to talk always begin with Salaam and when you are unsure of something then say Inshallah.
I've e-mailed them and waiting for answer.

Muslim Knight
03-16-2006, 02:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian

Reality shows producing artists in Malaysia:

RTM - Bintang RTM
TV3 - Mentor
8TV - Malaysian Idol, Superstars (Chinese)
Astro Ria - Akademi Fantasia
Hitz.tv - Blast off
NTV7 - I've forgot the name
Astro Vanavil - Tamil music competition (dont know the name)
Astro AEC - Mandarin music competition (dont know the name)

It's not 2-3 reality shows but 9.
That many!! Astaghfirullah! I didn't realize this because for me TV is something of the past and something I can live without. Hehe! ;D

north_malaysian
03-16-2006, 04:32 AM
That many!! Astaghfirullah! I didn't realize this because for me TV is something of the past and something I can live without. Hehe! ;D
Actually it's more than 9:

A) RTM - (1) Bintang RTM
B) TV3 - (2) Mentor
C) NTV7 - (3) Audition, (4) Who Will Win
D) Astro Ria - (5) Akademi Fantasia
E) Hitz.tv - (6) Blast off
F) 8TV - (7) Malaysian Idol, (8) Superstar (Chinese)
G) Astro Vaanavil - (9) Tamil song competition
H) Astro AEC - (10) Mandarin song competition

Now it's 10.

Nearly all channels viewable in Malaysia, have so many entertainment programs

1) TV1 - variety; mostly in Malay

2) TV2 - variety; in Malay, English, Mandarin, Tamil, Spanish, Hindi

3) TV3 - variety; 50% in Malay, others in English, Tamil, Hindi, Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean, Japanese, Thai, Indonesian, Tagalog, Spanish.

4) NTV7 - variety; in Malay, English, Mandarin, Tamil, Hindi, Spanish

8) 8TV - most programs are teenager and chinese oriented; in English, Malay, Mandarin

9) Astro Ria - variety, 100% Malay

10) ART Al Manu'aat (Australia) - variety, 95% Arabic

11) Astro Vaanavil - variety, 100% Tamil

12) Hallmark Channel - movies, 100% English

13) Discovery Travel & Living - variety, 100% English

14) Bloomberg TV - business news, 100% english

15) BTP - educational, mostly in Malay.

16) TVIQ - Educational, in English, French, Spanish, German

17) Astro@15 - entertainment and anime, Malay & English

18) Astro Hitz.tv - 100% entertainment, English

17) AXN - action, English

18) Astro AEC - Chinese oriented programs, 100% Mandarin

19) Sun TV - Tamil oriented programs, 100% Tamil

20) Astro Box Office - movies, Malay, English, Tamil, Hindi, Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, Korean, English, Italian, Persian etc. (2 channels)

21) Astro Wah Lai Toi - Chinese oriented programs, 100% Mandarin

22) TVBS - Hong Kong oriented programs, 100% Cantonese

23) Phoenix - chinese oriented programs, 100% Mandarin

24) TVB8 - Hong Kong oriented programs, Cantonese, Mandarin

25) TVB - Hong Kong oriented program, Cantonese

26) NHK World - variety, 100% Japanese

27) CCTV9 - China oriented news, English

24) Phoenix Movies - movies, Mandarin, Cantonese

25) Phoenix News - news, Mandarin

26) Astro Shuang Xi - chinese dramas, Mandarin

27) Celestial Movies - movies, Cantonese

28) HBO - movies, english

29) Cinemax - movies, English

30) Star Movies - movies, English

31) Discovery channel - education, English

32) Animal Planet - education, English

33) National geographic channel - education, english

34) Nickelodeon - children, english

35) Disney Channel - children, english

36) Cartoon Network - cartoons, english

37) Playhouse Disney - children, english

38) Star World - variety, english

39) MTV asia - 100% entertainment, english

40) Channel (v) - 100% music, english

41) Astro Supersports - sports, english

42) ESPN - sports, english

43) Star Sports - sports, english

44) CNN - news, english

45) CNBC - news, english

46) Astro news - includes Al Jazeera, ABC and DW, news, English, arabic

47) BBC World - news, English

48) Ansar Channel - ISlamic channel (THE ONLY ISLAMIC CHANNEL), Malay

49) amacam TV - 100% Entertainment, MAlay

50) MTV Indonesia - 100% Music, Indonesian

51) TVRI - variety, Indonesian

52) Arirang TV - variety, korean

53) KBS World - 100% entertainment, Korean

54) Thai global Network - variety, Thai

55) GMA Pinoy TV - variety, Tagalog

56) TV5 Monde - variety, French

57) Shining Star - Taiwan based variety prog, Mandarin

58) CTI Asia - variety, Mandarin

59) SETI - Taiwan variety prog, Hokkien

60) MACTV - Taiwan variety prog, Min Nan, Hakka, cantonese, Mandarin

61) Horizon - Chinese entertainment, Cantonese

62) MATV - Chinese entertainment, Cantonese

63) MASTV - Macao variety prog, Cantonese

64) MTV chinese - 100% Music, Mandarin

65) TVS - Guandong variety prog, Cantonese

66) Fujian SETV - Fujian variety prog, Hokkien

67) TVCi - Entertainment, Mandarin

68) CCTV4 - News from China, Mandarin

69) Varnam - variety, Tamil

70) RajTV - variety, Tamil

71) Raj Digital Plus - variety, Tamil

72) MTV India - entertainment, Indian languages

73) Bollywood One - entertainment, Hindi

74) Zoom Channel - variety, Hindi

75) MAA TV - variety, Telugu

76) Kairali - variety, Malayalam

77) Fashion TV - fashion, English

78) Trace TV - music, English

79) VH1 - music, English

80) MGM - movies, English

81) Channel News Asia - News, english

Out of 81 channels only one is Islamic.:rollseyes

Selising
03-20-2006, 08:52 AM
10) ART Al Manu'aat (Australia) - variety, 95% Arabic

37) Playhouse Disney - children, english

46) Astro news - includes Al Jazeera, ABC and DW, news, English, arabic

47) BBC World - news, English

48) Ansar Channel - ISlamic channel (THE ONLY ISLAMIC CHANNEL), Malay
Mine, Playhouse Disney Channel is 63, ART is 5. what is the actual Channel for Ansar?

Thanks for the info. So, ART is from Australia? I thot its from Lubnan or any Arab country. My mom enjoy this channel very much, even thou she don't understand it

hammadj49
03-20-2006, 09:25 AM
Nice reply Eric.

format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace north_malaysian;

I find it sad and wrong that a persons faith should be bartered for money.

If Christians seek to help poor people they should not put conversion as a condition for aid

In the spirit of seeking justice for all people

Eric

north_malaysian
03-20-2006, 09:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Selising
Mine, Playhouse Disney Channel is 63, ART is 5. what is the actual Channel for Ansar?

Thanks for the info. So, ART is from Australia? I thot its from Lubnan or any Arab country. My mom enjoy this channel very much, even thou she don't understand it
It's not according to channel lah, i just numerize it. Ansar only available on MiTV.

Malaysia follows ART Australia. Most of the programs are Lebanese or Egyptian based. I love Lebanese accent. :happy:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.