/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Prepare 4 Death!!!

lyesh
03-13-2006, 08:34 PM
:sl:

Prepare for Death!

Intelligent students always prepare for exams. It is also a matter of intelligence to prepare for the account to be given after death. The Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam has mentioned in a Hadith, "Clever is the one who prepares for life after death." The Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam has also said, "Take importance of life before death."

(Riyaadh-us-Salhiheen)

Once, the Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam came to the Masjid for salaah, when he noticed some people laughing and giggling. He remarked, "If you remembered death, I would not see you like this. Think of your death often. Not a single day passes when the grave does not call out: ‘I am a wilderness, I am a place of dust, I am a place of worms.’ When a believer is placed in the grave, it says; ‘Welcome, it is good of you to have come to me. Of all the people walking on the Earth, I liked you the best. Now you have come in to me, you will see how I entertain you.’ It then expands as far as the occupant can see. A door from Paradise is opened for him in the grave and through this door he gets fresh and fragrant air of Paradise. However, when a evil man is laid in the grave it says; ‘You are not welcome here. Your coming into me is very bad for you. Of all the people walking on the Earth, I disliked you the most. Now that you have been put into me, you will see how I treat you!’ It then closes upon him so much that his ribs of one side penetrate into the ribs of the other. As many as seventy serpents are then set upon him, to keep biting him until the day of resurrection. These serpents are so venomous that if one of them happened to spurt its venom upon the earth, not a single blade of grass would ever grow."

No Escape from Death!

There is no doubt that there is a cure for every disease. If anyone is infected with a disease then it may be cured through medicine. His life may prolong to some extent but one day the same person will experience something with no cure at all. That is death. Allah states, "Wherever you may be, death will overtake you even if you are in fortresses built up strong and high."

The Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam said, "When Allah decides for a person to pass away at a certain place, he makes a need for that person at that place."

(Tirmidhi)

It is in another tradition narrated on the authority of Kuthaima radiyallahu anhu that once the angel of death (Hazrat Izraeel alaihis salaam) appeared in the form of a human being in the court of Hazrat Sulaiman alaihis salaam and gazed continuously at a person present there for some time. That person asked Hazrat Sulaiman alaihis salaam, "Who was that person?" He told him that, that was the angel of death. He remarked: The angel of death had gazed at me in such a manner as if he had determined to take my life." Hazrat Sulaiman alaihis salaam asked him, "What do you want?" He requested him to take him to India. He commanded the cloud to pick him up and drop him in India. Consequently the cloud carried him to India. The angel of death came to Hazrat Sulaiman alaihis salaam. He asked him, "Why did you fix your gaze at that person?" He said, "I wondered that the Almighty Allah had commanded me to take the life of this person in India whereas he was sitting hear in your presence."

The Description of the Throes of Death

There is a bind between the body and the soul. This can be explained by portraying the attraction between two magnets. It is hard to pull them apart, likewise, the attraction of the soul to the material body is more due to the love of the materialistic world. In other words, the more the magnetic field in both the magnets, the greater the attraction will be. Similarly, the more the love towards the worldly life, the greater the pain of pulling apart of the soul from the body will be.

Imaam Ghazzi rahmatullahi alaihe explains, that the soul is removed from the body in stages (as mentioned in the Holy Qur’aan): it is first taken out from the feet followed by the shin and then the thighs after which the chest is affected and at that moment the power of speech is lost. When the soul is taken from the throat, the faculties of sight and hearing are exterminated.

There are two things here. Firstly, the pain felt at the introduction of death. Secondly, the pain felt at the extraction of the soul. Here the latter is implied.

The severity of death varies from person to person. a believer feels the pain similar to the hair that is taken out from flour by a finger. Whereas, the disbeliever feels so much pain that it is impossible to describe.

The severity of death has been mentioned in numerous Ahaadith, some of which are as follows:

1. Hazrat Anas Ibn Malik radiyallahu anhu has reported that Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihe wasallam had mentioned that the grasp of Malikul Maut is more severe than one thousand hacks (cuts) with a sword.

(Sharhus-sudoor)
2. There is a narration regarding Hazrat Moosa alaihis salaam that he was questioned by Allah after death about how he had undergone the experience of dying and he replied that it could be described as the case of a live bird being put in to a hot boiling pot of bubbling oil.
3. In another narration, Hazrat Moosa alaihis salaam is reported to have replied that the experience was like that of a goat being skinned alive by a butcher.

(Sharhus-sudoor)
4. It is narrated from Shaddad Ibn Aus radiyallahu anhu that there is not as much pain, torture in being spilt by a saw, shredded by scissors or scalded by fiercely boiling water than in experiencing death.
5. Hazrat Abu Qatadah radiyallahu anhu reports that Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihe wasallam said that all distress, displeasure and agony at the time of death can be likened to that of an ant-bite.

6. Hazrat Ibrahim alaihis salaam asked the angel of death to show him in which form he visits an evil person. Angel of death replied, "You will not be able to tolerate the sight." Hazrat Ibrahim alaihis salaam insisted, the angel of death told him to turn around, while he transformed himself. After which he told Hazrat Ibrahim alaihis salaam to look. Upon seeing him he fell unconsciousness due to the pitiful sight. Thereafter, Hazrat Ibrahim alaihis salaam remarked that the sight was so horrifying that just looking at him was enough punishment for the evildoer.

It is a pity for us today that we are inattentive enough to remember all other worldly matters and forget the main purpose of our creation. How unfortunate will anyone of us be not to take heed after knowing one’s reality - what one is made of, where one came from and where one will return. May Allah Ta’ala give us the ability to remember death and grant us the kalimah, Laailaaha illAllah on our lips at the time of death, Aameen.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Maimunah
03-14-2006, 08:03 PM
jazakaallah sis
salaam:)

The Ruler
03-14-2006, 08:04 PM
jazakall sis for sharin....its a gd reminder of our purpose 4 lyf :)

:w:

Umm Safiya
03-16-2006, 01:51 PM
:sl:

This is very good.. Jazak Allâhu khayr for sharing ukhti..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nobody_
05-24-2012, 09:43 PM
Bumpy bump.

The angel of death will visit us at the time Allah has appointed. He won't send us a reminder or an invitation card. He won't ask for our permission when he takes our soul.
Therefore, it is very important to prepare for that day.

Anybody
05-24-2012, 10:31 PM
Too right. Prepare to die all!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.