/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslims Hail Italian Jews' Stance on Cartoons

sonz
03-14-2006, 07:24 AM
ROME, March 13, 2006 (IslamOnline.net & News Agencies) – The head of the Islamic cultural institute in Rome lauded on Monday, March 13, the stance of the Jewish community on the publication of cartoons lampooning Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing be upon him).

"I want to thank the Jewish community for the solidarity they showed towards Muslims when, recently, the Prophet Muhammad was ridiculed and insulted with offensive cartoons that were simply not funny," Abdellah Redouane said after talks with Rome's chief rabbi Riccardo Di Segni, reported Reuters.

Segni paid a landmark visit to Rome's main mosque, one of the largest in Europe, Monday for talks with Muslim leaders after the recent cartoon row.

Twelve cartoons, including one showing the Prophet with a bomb-shaped turban, were first published by Danish daily Jyllands-Posten in September and reprinted by European newspapers, including in Italy, on claims of freedom of expression.

The drawings, considered blasphemous under Islam, have triggered massive and sometimes violent demonstrations across the Muslim world.

Reforms Minister Roberto Calderoli was forced to resign after sporting T-shirts displaying the caricatures.

Segni condemned the minister's move, expressing "solidarity with the Muslim world" over the drawings.

Example

Segni made a landmark visit to Rome's main mosque for talks with Muslim leaders. (Reuters)

Redouane said the cartoon controversy was an example of how Jews and Muslims could work together.

Segni, on his part, said both Muslim and Jews should join hands to help establish peace.

"We must contribute to creating the conditions for peace," he said in an address to Muslim leaders.

"We have a duty to promote dialogue and this is what we are trying to do."

Segni's visit came less than two weeks after Roman Catholic and Jewish leaders met at the Vatican and agreed to widen their dialogue to involve Muslims in the wake of the cartoon controversy.

There are some 1.5 million Muslims in Italy, the country's fastest-growing immigrant population.

Islam is the least represented of the monotheistic faiths in Rome’s corridors of power.

Unlike Judaism, Buddhism and some Protestant denominations, Islam is not officially recognized by the state.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
north_malaysian
03-14-2006, 08:05 AM
I hope the Jews will help Italian Muslims to be recognized officially. amin.

Bittersteel
03-14-2006, 09:05 AM
oh why doesn't Saudi Arabia first allow Christians in KSA to build their churches?

Falafel Eater
03-14-2006, 01:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abrar
oh why doesn't Saudi Arabia first allow Christians in KSA to build their churches?
Ermm, why dont you ask them.

In history Muslims helped build churches and synagogues,

There are churches still standing in many parts of the world, made and designed by Muslims. Some even in Sicily. :)

Also, Churches, temples and Mosques can be found next to each other with no problems in many parts of the world - from India through to Lebanon.

Of course there are problems, no society is without problems, but, these are down to ignorance.

As for Makkah and Madinah, these are holy sanctuaries made to accomodate Muslims. - It is rather unconvenient to allow non Muslims in, as it is already quite difficult accomodating the millions of Muslim pilgrims. - And i wonder if the Vatican would allow a Mosque in their holy areas, then Again Muslims are not set to copy any religion, the Vatican doesnt set standards... we follow that which was commanded by Allah (SWT) and the Prophet (SAW).

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Bittersteel
03-14-2006, 02:05 PM
I Was Not Talking About Makkah And Madinah!i Was Talking Bout Entire Ksa.

Falafel Eater
03-14-2006, 02:18 PM
I Was Not Talking About Makkah And Madinah!i Was Talking Bout Entire Ksa.
Even in that case, the top half of my post answered your query.

Well, there are other countries who abuse religious rights too. - Israel for example, countless Historic Mosques have been destroyed and Jewish Synagogues built in their place, I would wish people actually slagged everyone off equally.

India as well, Barbari Mosque- with conivance of the BJP and Ultra Right wing Fascist Hindus.

Infact Israel and other places are much worse, because they Destroy places of Worship.

As for Saudi Arabia, there were no churches there in first place, not in places like Riyadh etc. So it is not as if they were destroying places of Worship to build Mosques. -

mizan_aliashraf
03-14-2006, 02:30 PM
Salam
How can you expect to find churches in makkah and madinah when the kuffar are outlawed from the two cities? There are signs all over Saudi that strictly warn non-muslims against entering makkah/madinah
Wassalam

Muezzin
03-14-2006, 03:57 PM
From cartoons to churches.

Only on LI, folks! :p

On-topic, I like this news very much. It shows solidarity and I hope that certain of my Muslim brethren will drop all their 'The Americans are the cause of everything that is wrong in this world! And if it wasn't them, it must have been the Jews!' rhetoric.

sonz
03-14-2006, 04:25 PM
salama

why u do support building churches??? do u want that everyone forgets tawheed and comes to trinity???

im glad that they dont allow building churches there. islam is the only true religion.

Bittersteel
03-14-2006, 04:38 PM
There are signs all over Saudi that strictly warn non-muslims against entering makkah/madinah
ha doesn't stop spies to get inside them,in the name of converts does it?

why u do support building churches??? do u want that everyone forgets tawheed and comes to trinity???
the Islamic law allows members of other faiths to practice their own religion.Islamic law also forbids Non-Muslims to be forcefully converted to Islam.time will come one day you will reliaze it would have been better if you have been more tolerant.

Genius
03-14-2006, 04:45 PM

What does that have to with this thread? Idiot.

Ghazi
03-14-2006, 04:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Genius
What does that have to with this thread? Idiot.
Salaam

There was no need to insult me seek his pardon.

Bittersteel
03-14-2006, 05:03 PM
Unlike Judaism, Buddhism and some Protestant denominations, Islam is not officially recognized by the state.
format_quote Originally Posted by North Malaysian
I hope the Jews will help Italian Muslims to be recognized officially. amin.
for this dearest.

snakelegs
03-14-2006, 08:01 PM
[QUOTE=sonz;210853]ROME, March 13, 2006 (IslamOnline.net & News Agencies) – The head of the Islamic cultural institute in Rome lauded on Monday, March 13, the stance of the Jewish community on the publication of cartoons lampooning Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing be upon him).

thank you for this excellent post. it is so good to see articles about people coming together rather than being divided and full of hate.
muslims and jews had very few problems until zionism came along.

north_malaysian
03-15-2006, 02:00 AM
Bahrain
Ministry of Islamic Affairs gives license for 13 Christian organizations, a synagogue, 4 Sikh gurdwaras and several Hindu temples to operate.

Qatar
The goverment given legal status to Anglican, Catholic, Orthodox, Coptic and many Asian Christian denominations.

UAE
24 churches built on lands donated by the ruling Family. Emirates of Duba and abu Dhabi donated lands for Christian cemeteries. Emirate of abu Dhabi donated land for Bahai cemetery.

Taken from US departnemnt of State International religious Freedom Report 2005.

Saudi - ???? I think churches should be allowe to open outside Mecca and Medina.

HeiGou
03-15-2006, 12:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Falafel Eater
In history Muslims helped build churches and synagogues,
Such as?

There are churches still standing in many parts of the world, made and designed by Muslims. Some even in Sicily. :)
Were they built as Churches or as mosques?

Also, Churches, temples and Mosques can be found next to each other with no problems in many parts of the world - from India through to Lebanon.
India clearly has problems and so has Lebanon. Moreover I doubt it is the Muslims that make that so. In fact in Lebanon there is a clear distinction between the sort of mixed villages you have. You have Christian-Muslim villages. You have Christian-Druze villages. You have Christian villages. You have Muslims villages. You have Druze villages. But you do not find any Muslim-Druze villages.

Why do you think this is?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.