/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Iraqi "Hostages" dumped in river

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-20-2005, 08:15 PM
Iraq 'hostages dumped in river'

The bodies of more than 50 men, women and children have been recovered from the River Tigris at the town of Suwayra, south of Baghdad.
Some had been decapitated or had their throats cut.

Iraqi President Jalal Talabani said the bodies were those of people who had been taken hostage and killed in the nearby town of Madain.

Meanwhile, there were reports of a large explosion inside the heavily fortified Green Zone in Baghdad.

Earlier, at least two civilians, including a child, were killed in bomb attacks aimed at US troops or Iraqi police.

And in the town of Haditha, north-west of Baghdad, at least 19 men were found dead at a football stadium.

They had apparently been lined up against a wall and shot.

The interior ministry said they were Iraqi soldiers who had been abducted by insurgents while travelling to Haditha.

'Criminals'

Suwayra is downstream from the town of Madain, where there was tension over the weekend after reports that Sunni Muslim militants had taken a large number of Shia Muslim residents hostage.

It is not clear when the killings took place, though police in the area told the BBC the bodies had been pulled from the river over a period since the end of February. Some were badly decomposed.

Mr Talabani confirmed the discovery.

"More than 50 bodies have been brought out from the Tigris, and we have the full names of those who were killed and those criminals who committed these crimes," he said.

"We will give you details in the coming days... terrorists committed crimes there [in Madain].

"It is not true that there were no hostages. There were, but they were killed and they threw the bodies into the Tigris."

Mass graves

The Arabic TV channel al-Arabiya said its cameras had filmed the bodies lying on the river bank.

"We discovered bags with the slaughtered children inside them," local policeman Riyadh Sakhi told the TV.

"There were two girls. One was a student and the other was very young. We discovered bags with slaughtered and beheaded young people. We discovered a large number of unidentified bodies."

Police said they had then been buried in mass graves.

The town of Madain had been reported to be in the hands of militant Sunni insurgents.

But when government forces moved in and took control on Monday, they encountered no resistance, nor could they find any trace of hostages.

SOURCE

Subhanallah it is soo sad.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
04-21-2005, 02:24 AM
:sl:
La Hawla wa La Quwwata Illah Billah

that is so bad :mad:

Genius
04-21-2005, 07:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hash
Typical crap, and biased rubbish. Absolutly no prooft that this was the islamic resistance who done this. Just more lies and rubbish stirred up by the enemy to taint the image of the mujahideen, nothing but rubbish, trash, and propaganda.
Please provide evidence to prove this.

yoshiyahu
04-22-2005, 04:40 AM
Typical crap, and biased rubbish. Absolutly no prooft that this was the islamic resistance who done this. Just more lies and rubbish stirred up by the enemy to taint the image of the mujahideen, nothing but rubbish, trash, and propaganda.
Typical Hash answer.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Genius
04-22-2005, 11:56 AM
Please provide evidence i am wrong, were is your proof that this was muslim's who commited this.

Please do not give a answer which is a question, this is very slow witted and very 'ungenius' like.

:w:
Whatever, you're obviously a blind terrorist lover, go attack a Galloway meeting.

The evidence on the news is all i need, the Iraqi people testified that terrorists kidnapped their mothers, fathers, children etc and then brutally murdered them, i for one believe them, don't get me wrong i'm no fan of America but i equally hate the terrorists who think torturing my Iraqi brothers will please Allah.

And please do not make accusations about my geniusness, until you can prove i'm not a genius keep schtum.

Far7an
04-22-2005, 11:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Genius
And please do not make accusations about my geniusness, until you can prove i'm not a genius keep schtum.
;D...

Green Bird
04-22-2005, 03:00 PM
Salaam-dont mean to be rude, but I think that whatever source you use to get info should always be monitered by caution. As for geniusness, it dosen't take much of a genius to realise that having been lied to for a whole year by our government and the media on weapons of WMD, that there are fundamental flaws in some journalism techniques...

Chuck
04-22-2005, 03:45 PM
I had never thought I would say this, but there is something fishy about this report. The first reports that came were false-positive and even towns people said that there were no signs of any hostage situation or hostage killings. Now suddenly they found the bodies in river. If it had been one, two or little more, ok town people can miss the signs. But the numbers they are talking about... it seems strange that any activity going on in a town on this scale would go unnoticed by town's people.

Genius
04-22-2005, 04:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Green Bird
Salaam-dont mean to be rude, but I think that whatever source you use to get info should always be monitered by caution. As for geniusness, it dosen't take much of a genius to realise that having been lied to for a whole year by our government and the media on weapons of WMD, that there are fundamental flaws in some journalism techniques...
What on Earth does WMD have to do with anything? This is a new war, between blood thirsty terrorists and the Iraqi people. Please do not confuse legitimate resistance againt US and allied millitary targets with the brutal killing of Muslim Iraqi's.

Genius, as i said before, genius username dosent suit you. And the news is all you need, than you are definete no were near a genius! The same news which is biased towards america is all you need! And you claim to be a genius!
Hash this post in its self has 6 spelling and grammatical errors, I don't think you should be judging who is a genius and who isn't.

Genius
04-22-2005, 07:16 PM
Do i claim to be a genius? No, so shut-up, did i spell that right!!!! This is a islamic forum, not a A level english class. And the way you term the islamic resistance movement, the mujahideen, the islamic fighters, as bloodthirsty terrorists is just another example of how you could never be a genius. I dont think a genius would make stupid statements like that.

:w:
Whatever dude I didn't call the Mujahideen blood thirsty terrorist, i love the real Mujahideen more than anyone, you can ask many people on this site who know me personally.

What I did say was people who murder innocents are blood thirsty terrorists, there is a difference, these cowards ruin the name of the Mujahideen and Islam, they play right in to the hands of Islamaphobes who wish to portray Islam as a terrorist religon. I hope Allah destroy's anyone who stains the name of Islam whether they claim to be Muslim or not.

These are my view's, they are clear and precise, I don't like *****footing around, and i don't like people making false allegations against me.

Green Bird
04-22-2005, 09:17 PM
I was referring to:
The evidence on the news is all i need,

root
04-26-2005, 01:28 PM
hash, you make a joke of a multi cultural society.......

Mu'maneen
04-26-2005, 02:00 PM
:sl:

Absolutly no prooft that this was the islamic resistance who done this. Just more lies and rubbish stirred up by the enemy to taint the image of the mujahideen, nothing but rubbish, trash, and propaganda.
You are 100% right Akhie. They always point the finger towards Muslims. This was all set up to try and increase the support for the attack on 'Iraq by America and Britain.

What on Earth does WMD have to do with anything? This is a new war, between blood thirsty terrorists and the Iraqi people. Please do not confuse legitimate resistance againt US and allied millitary targets with the brutal killing of Muslim Iraqi's.
Brother, do not be fooled by the media. This is a war on Islam, not a war on Terror. Even Non-Muslims are beginning to realise this.
So Akhie, you say the REAL Mujahadeen you support. Who are the real Mujahadeen you are refering to Akhie? The Munafeq 'Iraqi Police and army supporting and helping the Kafer Army? This is forbidden in the Islam.

Secondly Prophet Muhammad (salla Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said:
"Before the hour of Judgment comes, the best of Muslims will be called the most evil of men, and the most evil of men will be called the best of Muslims".
Muslim and At-Tirmidhi.

Brother, when Al-Mehdi ('AlyheeSalaam) comes, do you think the media will be supporting him ('AlyheeSalaam)? They will be against him, why? Because he will come to bring back Islam, and whoever tries to establish Islam, is called a Terrorist in their eyes. So when the media promote that Al-Mehdi ('AlyheeSalaam) is a terrorist, will you go along with what the media says? Brother, open up your eyes before the hour of judgment comes.

--------------------

Vist my new Islamic Site:
http://hstrial-besmail.homestead.com/islam.html

Saif
04-26-2005, 02:04 PM
Thats a good point-Mashallah :applaud:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.