/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help

Bint Abdusattar
04-20-2005, 08:19 PM
:sl:
My dear brothers and sisters
When my imaan level is low and naffs desires are taking over, I find it really hard to speak to Allah and I feel like a hypocrite when i stand for salaat. i open the Qur'an hoping that at random a verse will pop out that will fix me but even with that i think i need help. perhaps someone can give me words of wisdom about how to overcome low level of imaan fits i have.
:-[
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SalafiFemaleJih
04-20-2005, 08:34 PM
Asalamaulaikum wr wb,

first of all, welcome to the forums ukhti!! enjoy your stay inshaAllah.

My Imaan goes up and down too. Reading Qur'an and talking to pious people helps me a lot Allahmdulilllah.

why don't you try reading Qur'an with translation(ponder on the meanings of quran)?

Attend gatherings, where they talk about Islam(halaqas).

Try talking to someone who u think is religious....inshaAllah.

When calamity befalls us- it is also from Allah. It is a direct result of our disobedience to Allah.

walaikum salaaam wr wb.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-20-2005, 08:41 PM

Welcome to the Forum sister :)

Recite Quran with meaning. Listening to Quran also helps. Remembering Allah constantly. Stay away from things that you think will lower your Iman. Make sincere Dua to Allah and most Importantly Pray Salaat as Often as you can:)

another way to help your Iman rise is DONT LIE :) as long as you keep that 1 thing in mind, you wont do anything wrong. Because that will prevent you from doing something and covering it up later with a lie. So as long as you keep in mind "I CANT LIE", then Inshallah ur faith itself (with the help of Allah obviously) will become much stroonger:D

hope that helped sister. If i have offended u plz forgive me :)

wasalam

Bint Abdusattar
04-20-2005, 08:45 PM
JazakAllah Khair for the advice. i read Quran with understanding as i know Quranic Arabic and i work in an Islami learining centre so am reminded of Allah at all times. I suppose this feeling happens to many people - just neeed to beg for good from Allah. It's good to know i'm not the only one who feels like this time to time.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-20-2005, 08:46 PM
It happens to me too, but Alhamdullilah now i have a good idea about how to resist sis :)

Bint Abdusattar
04-20-2005, 08:58 PM

JazakAllah Khair for the advice. Any tips about how to resist?

:-[

Ra`eesah
04-20-2005, 09:11 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

Alhamdulillaah i think its good that you have these kind of feelings because it makes you more conciounse as to what you are doing. Sometimes its Shaytaan, you might find yourself saying things like I am soo bad how can i even make du'aa to Allah how can i even come in front of him in salaat i feel like such a hypocrite. this is not true Allah wants us to come to him. Usually we feel this way because we feel that we are not close to Allah and we are nto close to Allah is because we are spending to much time in this dunyah. We all are sinners... "kulu bani adem khata' khairul khataeena al tawabeen" All sons of Adem are sinners, the best of those sinners are the ones who repent. Always try to keep yourself with those who remind you of Allah. :wilted_ro

Bint Abdusattar
04-20-2005, 09:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 3washey
Assalamu'Alaykum

Alhamdulillaah i think its good that you have these kind of feelings because it makes you more conciounse as to what you are doing. Sometimes its Shaytaan, you might find yourself saying things like I am soo bad how can i even make du'aa to Allah how can i even come in front of him in salaat i feel like such a hypocrite. this is not true Allah wants us to come to him. Usually we feel this way because we feel that we are not close to Allah and we are nto close to Allah is because we are spending to much time in this dunyah. We all are sinners... "kulu bani adem khata' khairul khataeena al tawabeen" All sons of Adem are sinners, the best of those sinners are the ones who repent. Always try to keep yourself with those who remind you of Allah. :wilted_ro
JAzakAllah Khair Ukhtee. You are so right - I am so much more concious of what i say thus result in staying more quiet. Even Allah loves those who go to Him repenting and He forgives even if a persons sins are more the the foam of the seas - even the Prophet SAW repented between 70 and 1000 times each night and he was not even known to sin! so imagine how much we should be doing!!! Don't you just love Allah for loving us. :love:

Surah Al-Anam:31 "Tell the people Oh Muhammed, 'If you sincerely love Allah then follow me; Allah will also love you and forgive you your sins, Allah is forgiving, Merciful'"

:w: :sister:

Ra`eesah
04-20-2005, 09:31 PM
Habibity you should try listening to islamic lecture online or watching them. www.lightuponlight.com (http://www.lightuponlight.com/islam/...&orderby=dateD) or Islamway.com (http://english.islamway.com/sindex.php?section=scholars)

zircon
04-03-2006, 03:35 AM
(!.!) cry (';') angry (':') bore ('_') proud ('o') hungry (",) happy ('?') confuse (-.-) sleepy (@.@) blurr.. whatever mood you have, remember Allah for verily only with remembrance of the Lord does the heart finds peace.. have faith in that sis.. we'll pray for you. everyone experience times of down and ups in imaan.. but just dont feel hard to talk to Allah.. we have the direct line 24434 (the number or raka'ah in prayers) right? :)

a ques to ponder upon.. if we have some ppl depends fully on us, that would be annoying, right? why? cause we are human with limited ability to provide whatever needed by others. but its differ with Allah. Allah won't feel annoyed by our requests no matter how much we asked for. This is because He could provide everything. HE is the source. Therefore, turning to HIM means = no regret ;) with that my best wishes for you sis..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!