/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Bombs From Iran

amsterdam al
03-15-2006, 03:00 AM
ABC News Investigations: Complete Coverage
By BRIAN ROSS, RICHARD ESPOSITO and JILL RACKMILL

March 6, 2006 — U.S. military and intelligence officials tell ABC News that they have caught shipments of deadly new bombs at the Iran-Iraq border.

They are a very nasty piece of business, capable of penetrating U.S. troops' strongest armor.

What the United States says links them to Iran are tell-tale manufacturing signatures — certain types of machine-shop welds and material indicating they are built by the same bomb factory.

"The signature is the same because they are exactly the same in production," says explosives expert Kevin Barry. "So it's the same make and model."

U.S. officials say roadside bomb attacks against American forces in Iraq have become much more deadly as more and more of the Iran-designed and Iran-produced bombs have been smuggled in from the country since last October.

"I think the evidence is strong that the Iranian government is making these IEDs, and the Iranian government is sending them across the border and they are killing U.S. troops once they get there," says Richard Clarke, former White House counterterrorism chief and an ABC News consultant. "I think it's very hard to escape the conclusion that, in all probability, the Iranian government is knowingly killing U.S. troops."

'Very Lethal'

U.S. intelligence officials say Iran is using the bombs as a way to drive up U.S. casualties in Iraq but without provoking a direct confrontation.

John Negroponte, director of national intelligence, testified before the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence on Feb. 2, saying, "Tehran's intention to inflict pain on the United States and Iraq has been constrained by its caution to avoid giving Washington an excuse to attack it."

The U.S. Army has embarked on a crash effort to find ways to stop the bombs, according to an unclassified report issued last month. The devices are easily hidden and detonated by motion detectors — like those used in garden security lights — that cannot be jammed.

When exploded, the copper disc becomes a molten liquid bullet that can penetrate the thickest armor the United States has.

:)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zulkiflim
03-15-2006, 03:48 AM
Salaam,

May i ask is there any proof ?

Even the British who once said that the bomb in their parts of Iraq were provided by the Iranian ,have now retracted their accusation.

Rather now Iranian are sayin British and US troops are the ones responisble for the bombig in Iran.

So are we again going back to pre iraq war intelligence where the Bush administration try to seek every lead and every half truth to instigate war against iran?

When liar speak,they seek to convince others.
But woe unto the liars themselves for the cost to thmeselves is far greater.

Inshallah,all shall recevie their due.
We now may not have input but ALLAH does.
And each man shall receive their due.

amsterdam al
03-15-2006, 04:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zulkiflim
Salaam, May i ask is there any proof ?

I imagine the U.S. has the actual bombs. I don't think we gave them back.

E'jaazi
03-15-2006, 05:15 AM
More lies!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
saskatoon sam
03-16-2006, 01:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by blackjubba
More lies!

Where is YOUR proof that this is a lie ?

Zulkiflim
03-16-2006, 02:42 AM
Salaam,

No it is not a lie.It is just a statement with the desire to casue FEAR in the US.To garner support as is when they said Iraq has WMD.

The statement can only be verified if the US released the data to the international intelligence coomunity to check but it is kept SECRET,just like Iraq has WMD was a SECRET and thus can only be proven if Iraq is under illegal occupation.

So as i said,the liars lie ,to garner support but they do not know the cost to themselves.

May Allah guide whom ALLAH wills

newark nick
03-16-2006, 02:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zulkiflim
Salaam,

No it is not a lie.It is just a statement with the desire to casue FEAR in the US.To garner support as is when they said Iraq has WMD.

The statement can only be verified if the US released the data to the international intelligence coomunity to check but it is kept SECRET,just like Iraq has WMD was a SECRET and thus can only be proven if Iraq is under illegal occupation.

So as i said,the liars lie ,to garner support but they do not know the cost to themselves.

May Allah guide whom ALLAH wills

I would like to see one of these bombs. But then, what happens to Iran if it is determined they ARE supplying bombs ? I think we all know the answer to that one. :giggling:

mahdisoldier19
03-16-2006, 03:54 AM
I dont know the answer why dont you tell me? what you think is going to happen? invasion of Iran? That will be the day

newark nick
03-16-2006, 03:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mahdisoldier19
I dont know the answer why dont you tell me? what you think is going to happen? invasion of Iran? That will be the day

Nah, no invasion. But probably a little 'punishment'.

newark nick
03-16-2006, 04:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mahdisoldier19

Speaking of Iran. That Ah-MAD-inejad is a real nut-case, isn't he ? He even has the Mullahs freaked out !! You wait and see, he's going to do some weird stuff !! :hiding:

newark nick
03-16-2006, 04:14 AM
'Divine mission' driving Iran's new leader
By Anton La Guardia - Daily Telegraph of London
(Filed: 14/01/2006)

As Iran rushes towards confrontation with the world over its nuclear programme, the question uppermost in the mind of western leaders is "What is moving its President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to such recklessness?"

Political analysts point to the fact that Iran feels strong because of high oil prices, while America has been weakened by the insurgency in Iraq.

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
But listen carefully to the utterances of Mr Ahmadinejad - recently described by President George W Bush as an "odd man" - and there is another dimension, a religious messianism that, some suspect, is giving the Iranian leader a dangerous sense of divine mission.

In November, the country was startled by a video showing Mr Ahmadinejad telling a cleric that he had felt the hand of God entrancing world leaders as he delivered a speech to the UN General Assembly last September.

When an aircraft crashed in Teheran last month, killing 108 people, Mr Ahmadinejad promised an investigation. But he also thanked the dead, saying: "What is important is that they have shown the way to martyrdom which we must follow."

The most remarkable aspect of Mr Ahmadinejad's piety is his devotion to the Hidden Imam, the Messiah-like figure of Shia Islam, and the president's belief that his government must prepare the country for his return.

One of the first acts of Mr Ahmadinejad's government was to donate about £10 million to the Jamkaran mosque, a popular pilgrimage site where the pious come to drop messages to the Hidden Imam into a holy well.

All streams of Islam believe in a divine saviour, known as the Mahdi, who will appear at the End of Days. A common rumour - denied by the government but widely believed - is that Mr Ahmadinejad and his cabinet have signed a "contract" pledging themselves to work for the return of the Mahdi and sent it to Jamkaran.

Iran's dominant "Twelver" sect believes this will be Mohammed ibn Hasan, regarded as the 12th Imam, or righteous descendant of the Prophet Mohammad.

He is said to have gone into "occlusion" in the ninth century, at the age of five. His return will be preceded by cosmic chaos, war and bloodshed. After a cataclysmic confrontation with evil and darkness, the Mahdi will lead the world to an era of universal peace.

This is similar to the Christian vision of the Apocalypse. Indeed, the Hidden Imam is expected to return in the company of Jesus.

Mr Ahmadinejad appears to believe that these events are close at hand and that ordinary mortals can influence the divine timetable.

The prospect of such a man obtaining nuclear weapons is worrying. The unspoken question is this: is Mr Ahmadinejad now tempting a clash with the West because he feels safe in the belief of the imminent return of the Hidden Imam? Worse, might he be trying to provoke chaos in the hope of hastening his reappearance?

The 49-year-old Mr Ahmadinejad, a former top engineering student, member of the Revolutionary Guards and mayor of Teheran, overturned Iranian politics after unexpectedly winning last June's presidential elections.

The main rift is no longer between "reformists" and "hardliners", but between the clerical establishment and Mr Ahmadinejad's brand of revolutionary populism and superstition.

Its most remarkable manifestation came with Mr Ahmadinejad's international debut, his speech to the United Nations.

World leaders had expected a conciliatory proposal to defuse the nuclear crisis after Teheran had restarted another part of its nuclear programme in August.

Instead, they heard the president speak in apocalyptic terms of Iran struggling against an evil West that sought to promote "state terrorism", impose "the logic of the dark ages" and divide the world into "light and dark countries".

The speech ended with the messianic appeal to God to "hasten the emergence of your last repository, the Promised One, that perfect and pure human being, the one that will fill this world with justice and peace".

In a video distributed by an Iranian web site in November, Mr Ahmadinejad described how one of his Iranian colleagues had claimed to have seen a glow of light around the president as he began his speech to the UN.

"I felt it myself too," Mr Ahmadinejad recounts. "I felt that all of a sudden the atmosphere changed there. And for 27-28 minutes all the leaders did not blink…It's not an exaggeration, because I was looking.

"They were astonished, as if a hand held them there and made them sit. It had opened their eyes and ears for the message of the Islamic Republic."

Western officials said the real reason for any open-eyed stares from delegates was that "they couldn't believe what they were hearing from Ahmadinejad".

Their sneaking suspicion is that Iran's president actually relishes a clash with the West in the conviction that it would rekindle the spirit of the Islamic revolution and - who knows - speed up the arrival of the Hidden Imam.

© Copyright of Telegraph Group Limited 2006. Terms & Conditions of reading.
Commercial information. Privacy and Cookie Policy.

WOW !! SOME REALLY WILD STUFF !!! :hiding:

abdul Majid
03-16-2006, 04:19 AM
note to self: Iranians are not arabs.... there persian....

newark nick
03-16-2006, 04:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdul Majid

Thanks, I knew that. Distancing yourself from them already ? Good idea ! :hiding:

newark nick
03-16-2006, 04:28 AM
Iran: President Says Light Surrounded Him During UN Speech
By Golnaz Esfandiari

President Ahmadinejad during his September address to the UN General Assembly

Iranian President Mahmud Ahmadinejad says that when he delivered his speech at the UN General Assembly in September, he felt there was a light around him and that the attention of the world leaders in the audience was unblinkingly focused upon him. The claim has caused a stir in Iran, as a transcript and video recording of Ahmadinejad's comments have been published on an Iranian website, baztab.com. There are also reports that a CD showing Ahmadinejad making the comments also has been widely distributed in Iran. Is the Iranian president claiming to be divinely inspired?

Prague, 29 November 2005 (RFE/RL) -- According the report by baztab.com, President Ahmadinejad made the comments in a meeting with one of Iran's leading clerics, Ayatollah Javadi Amoli.

Ahmadinejad said that someone present at the UN told him that a light surrounded him while he was delivering his speech to the General Assembly. The Iranian president added that he also sensed it.

"He said when you began with the words 'in the name of God,' I saw that you became surrounded by a light until the end [of the speech]," Ahmadinejad appears to say in the video. "I felt it myself, too. I felt that all of a sudden the atmosphere changed there, and for 27-28 minutes all the leaders did not blink."

Ahmadinejad adds that he is not exaggerating.

"I am not exaggerating when I say they did not blink; it's not an exaggeration, because I was looking," he says. "They were astonished as if a hand held them there and made them sit. It had opened their eyes and ears for the message of the Islamic Republic."

Baztab.com reported that during the meeting, Ayatollah Amoli said that "carrying out promises and restraining from fooling people" is the most important duty, presumably of officials . However, it is unclear whether that comment is made in reaction to the claim made by Ahmadinejad.

Critics And Skeptics

Iranian legislator Akbar Alami has questioned Ahmadinejad's apparent claims, saying that even Islam's holiest figures have never made such claims.

Alami told ILNA news agency that it is hard to imagine that someone who is delivering a speech can at the same time focus his attention on the eyelashes of all the people sitting at a distance from him and categorically tell a leading Qom cleric that they did not blink.

Alami said he hopes the film of Ahmadinejad’s comments has not been distributed by people close to the president to make criticizing him "taboo among ordinary people."

However, FardaNews.com, a conservative website, reported that the meeting between Ahmadinejad and Ayatollah Javadi Amoli was private. [Editor's note: FardaNews.com has no relation to RFE/RL's Radio Farda.] The website accused unspecified Ahmadinejad opponents of distributing the CD of the meeting to insult him.

Hossein Bastani, an Iranian journalist based in France, told RFE/RL that Ahmadinejad's comments can be interpreted in two ways.

"One analysis is that this government believes that it came to power with the votes of the so-called lowest class of the Iranian society and these are classes that believe more in such supernatural tales," Bastani said. "Therefore, this government tries, by propagating such rumors, to gain a dogmatic, charismatic, and holy status among those whom they think support them. The second view is that despite the fact that they are trying to fool people, maybe they also believe in these things that are being repeatedly published about them and said by them. This is more dangerous.”

Growing Trend

Since the presidential elections in Iran, many bizarre stories and rumors have circulated about Ahmadinejad. Many of them are related to his devotion to the 12th Imam, also known as Imam Mahdi, who according to Muslims has disappeared and will return at the end of time to lead an era of Islamic justice.

During his September speech at the UN, Ahmadinejad called for the reappearance of the 12th Imam.

In mid-November, during a speech to Friday prayers leaders from across Iran, Ahmadinejad said that the main mission of the revolution is to pave the way for the reappearance of the 12th Imam.

In recent weeks, the president's aides have denied a rumor that he ordered his cabinet to write a pact of loyalty with the 12th Imam and throw it down a well near the holy city of Qom, where some believe the Imam is hiding.

Ahmadinejad's supporters said such rumors are being circulated about the president by opponents in efforts to defame him.

Tacit Approval?

But journalist Bastani said that many of the reported stories are based on comments made by Ahmadinejad and his cabinet members.

"Inside Iran, no one in a news [organization] takes the risk of publishing incorrect information about the president, who also controls the Information Ministry, [so] spreading lies about him has serious consequences," Bastani said. "In recent weeks and months, there has been much news similar to the meeting between Ahmadinejad and Ayatollah Amoli. These [reports] include the allocation in at least two cases of heavy budgets for the Jamkaran mosque [at the well where some believe that Imam Mahdi is hiding] or comments by the president that have been quoted by the Iranian media in which he had said in an official meeting that the Hidden Imam will appear in two years."

There has been no reaction from President Ahmadinejad to the distribution and publication of his claim that a light surrounded him while he was addressing world leaders at the UN.

Mohammad Ali Abtahi, an adviser to former Iranian President Mohammad Khatami, has warned against the misuse of religious sanctities and written on his website that it is natural that, at a time when the world is expecting a plan to end the deadlock over Iran's nuclear issue, attention is paid to the comments by the country's president.

Ahmadinejad has been criticized inside the country for his seeming lack of tact and his confrontational style on the international stage. His comments about his mystical experience at the UN could well lead to further criticism.

RFE/RL Newsline

For daily news updates from throughout RFE/RL's broadcast region by e-mail, subscribe to "RFE/RL Newsline."

Holy Moly !! :hiding:

Wahid
03-16-2006, 04:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by newark nick
I would like to see one of these bombs. But then, what happens to Iran if it is determined they ARE supplying bombs ? I think we all know the answer to that one. :giggling:
no we dont, US is doing a fine job of getting stuck in iraq agaisnt iraqi mujahdeen, most they can do is bombing runs... and then they have to risk isreal in doing so

and irans facilities are all over the place, doubt they can do much damage

newark nick
03-16-2006, 04:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vahid
no we dont, US is doing a fine job of getting stuck in iraq agaisnt iraqi mujahdeen, most they can do is bombing runs... and then they have to risk isreal in doing so

and irans facilities are all over the place, doubt they can do much damage

I'm sure the plans are already drawn up. The first thing to go will be their airforce. No one flys against the U.S. Israel can take care of themselves. :hiding:

Wahid
03-16-2006, 04:44 AM
salam
what is ur point? alot of muslims are non arabs

Santa Fe STEVE
03-16-2006, 04:46 AM
I'm sure the plans are already drawn up. The first thing to go will be their airforce. No one flys against the U.S. Israel can take care of themselves. :hiding:

NAAA I DONT THINK SO ;D

Wahid
03-16-2006, 04:47 AM
NONONE? oh are u so sure? i thought noone could withstand the us militry too but... what is this? they are being killed all over th place even after three years and they dont even have full control over bagdad :giggling:

think again nothing is clear cut and US isnt invinsible by all means

abdul Majid
03-16-2006, 04:48 AM
salam
what is ur point? alot of muslims are non arabs

my point is what i have written !! alot of people dont know that

Wahid
03-16-2006, 04:51 AM
my point is what i have written !! alot of people dont know that
salam
so ur point is just because they arent arabs it dosnt concern u? even thought they are muslims?
please clarify

abdul Majid
03-16-2006, 04:53 AM
salam
so ur point is just because they arent arabs it dosnt concern u? even thought they are muslims?
please clarify
wasalam

ummm brother did i say that??? why would you say something like that?? thats kind of harsh dont you think?? i was letting people know what they are becuase people tend to think that its all one race....

Wahid
03-16-2006, 04:55 AM
wasalam

ummm brother did i say that??? why would you say something like that?? thats kind of harsh dont you think?? i was letting people know what they are becuase people tend to think that its all one race....
salam
well it sounded that way if it isnt that soz didnt mean to be hursh :) :offended:

abdul Majid
03-16-2006, 04:56 AM
salam
well it sounded that way if it isnt that soz didnt mean to be hursh :) :offended:
wasalam

lol, its a cruel world brother...;D

Wahid
03-16-2006, 04:57 AM
lol, its a cruel world brother...;D
i agree :heated: ;D

and back to the topic :p

newark nick
03-16-2006, 04:58 AM
NONONE? oh are u so sure? i thought noone could withstand the us militry too but... what is this? they are being killed all over th place even after three years and they dont even have full control over bagdad :giggling:

think again nothing is clear cut and US isnt invinsible by all means
Many, many more Iraqi soldiers and terrorists have been killed than Americans. The Iraqi army couldn't withstand the U.S. ARMY, TWICE (U.S. should have taken care of all this the first time). The fact that the U.S. is IN Baghdad says something. Do you really think the Iranian airforce could go against the U.S. ? They would last a day, maybe two. We've seen, time and again what U.S. weapons systems do to Russian weapons systems. :hiding:

abdul Majid
03-16-2006, 05:00 AM
but iraq doesnt have a army anymore, there fighting individual people now this whole time

Wahid
03-16-2006, 05:02 AM
Many, many more Iraqi soldiers and terrorists have been killed than Americans. The Iraqi army couldn't withstand the U.S. ARMY, TWICE (U.S. should have taken care of all this the first time). The fact that the U.S. is IN Baghdad says something. Do you really think the Iranian airforce could go against the U.S. ? They would last a day, maybe two. We've seen, time and again what U.S. weapons systems do to Russian weapons systems. :hiding:
US is in bagdad is somthing?? they been in vietnam 15-20 years before there was any serious talk of pulling out at gov level and now they cant even control the capital after 3 years?? ur hiest ranking officails have said that this war cant be won militrly on public tv :giggling:
most iraqi army soldeirs retired and melted away and for every resistance fighter killed there are 10 to join in ;)
also is it alright if we attack u and take over US and when u fight back call u a terrorist?

newark nick
03-16-2006, 05:02 AM
but iraq doesnt have a army anymore, there fighting individual people now this whole time

Eventually the fledgling Iraqi army and police will have to get them under control. Regardless of what many think, the U.S. won't be there forever. :hiding:

newark nick
03-16-2006, 05:03 AM
also is it alright if we attack u and take over US and when u fight back call u a terrorist?

Sure. Call me what you like. :hiding:

abdul Majid
03-16-2006, 05:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Santa Fe STEVE
NAAA I DONT THINK SO ;D

lol

newark nick
03-16-2006, 05:05 AM
And Iran could never fly with the U.S. You have to be dellusional to think otherwise. Goodnight. :hiding:

Wahid
03-16-2006, 05:05 AM
Sure. Call me what you like. :hiding:
ok, btw is someone hammering ur head all the time?

Wahid
03-16-2006, 05:06 AM
And Iran could never fly with the U.S. You have to be dellusional to think otherwise. Goodnight. :hiding:
how old are u? night

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.