"When the sky is torn apart, so it
was (like) a red rose like ointment. Then which of the favours of your
lord will you deny?"

Verily Allah Speaks the Truth.

From holy Quran Surat Ar-Rahman verses 37 & 38

Bellow is an image of a picture taken from the NASA web-site:
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap991031.htm

The picture was taken by the NASA Hubble Space Telescope of the "Cat's
Eye Nebula", an exploding star 3,000 light years away.

It is also mentioned (Nasa Site) that this represents a dying star which inevitably is the awaiting faith of our own solar system.which the holy Quran speaks of as the day when the Sky is torn apart. it would be like a Red Rose like ointment.

As Mentioned in the holy Book the Quran over 1,400 years ago; Indeed a favor for us to contemplate and dwell upon.

The picture was taken by the NASA Hubble Space Telescope of the "Cat's
Eye Nebula", an exploding star 3,000 light years away.

It is also mentioned (Nasa Site) that this represents a dying star which inevitably is the awaiting faith of our own solar system.which the holy Quran speaks of as the day when the Sky is torn apart. it would be like a Red Rose like ointment.

As Mentioned in the holy Book the Quran over 1,400 years ago; Indeed a favor for us to contemplate and dwell upon.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
root
03-16-2006, 01:02 PM
I was intrigued enough to look further into your claim.

Firstly if I may can we break down your words to the relevant versas as you have described them:

55:37 - "When the sky is torn apart, so it was (like) a red rose like ointment."

55:38 - "Then which of the favours of your lord will you deny"
Firstly let us clarify what chapter 55 represents and according to the English translation it is about "The Beneficent" God.

Characterized by or performing acts of kindness or charity.
Producing benefit; beneficial

The chapter seems to be asking which of Gods acts of kindness (Creation, Earth and everything that God created without being specific), would one deny & a form of punishment for those who do deny. Though I think this interpretation of mine will be discussed.

Now that the context of the origins of verse 37 is clear, I looked at verse 37 a lot closer. Firstly, I had to get past what appeared to me as translation difficulties since I do not speak arabic. The reason for this is because I found a large number of differing interpretaions starting with yours in red.

[QUOTE]
55:37 - "When the sky is torn apart, so it was (like) a red rose like ointment."

"55.37":And when the heaven is rent asunder, and then becomes red like red hide
http://etext.lib.virginia.edu/etcbin...&division=div1

55:37 So when the heaven shall rent asunder, and turn yellowish-red like oil
http://quranicteachings.co.uk/sura-55.htm

[55:37] When the sky disintegrates, and turns rose colored like paint.
http://www.---------------/efarsi/arabic/sura55.html

YUSUFALI: When the sky is rent asunder, and it becomes red like ointment:
PICKTHAL: And when the heaven splitteth asunder and becometh rosy like red hide -
SHAKIR: And when the heaven is rent asunder, and then becomes red like red hide.
http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/055.qmt.html
I find this quite a differing of translations since most of them don't seem to agree with your version, and since I am not a Muslim can I ask which one is the correct translation and why?

I really at this point started to doubt that what you claim is describing a Red rose Nebular at this point. Suspiciously I found myself further knowledge that would in my opinion confirm that the text you speak of has absolutely nothing to do with red rose nebula, and whilst it is not for me to say what it is referencing I would suggest that it is more akin to a meteorite or comet which whilst during the prophets lifetime such meteorite/comets would indeed be known about in actual witness to such an event or stories relating to such an event as described in 55:35

[55:35] You get bombarded with projectiles of fire and metal, and you cannot win.

55:35 On (both of) you will be sent a flame of fire and smoke; then you will not be able to defend yourself

"55.35":The flames of fire and smoke will be sent on you two, then you will not be able to defend yourselves

YUSUFALI: On you will be sent (O ye evil ones twain!) a flame of fire (to burn) and a smoke (to choke): no defence will ye have:
PICKTHAL: There will be sent, against you both, heat of fire and flash of brass, and ye will not escape.
SHAKIR: The flames of fire and smoke will be sent on you two, then you will not be able to defend yourselves.
If you bring together 55:35 - 55:37 you get:

There will be sent, against you both, heat of fire and flash of brass, and ye will not escape. Which is it, of the favours of your Lord, that ye deny? And when the heaven splitteth asunder and becometh rosy like red hide

Which to my mind is only describing cause and effect which at no point can you state. "hey, that is describing a red rose nebular"!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.