/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Disable birthday announcement

Ansar Al-'Adl
04-21-2005, 12:31 AM
as Muslims we don't celebrate birthdays, so wouldn't it be appropriate to disable the birthday announcement at the bottom of the forum?

JazakAllah khair.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-21-2005, 01:06 PM
A good idea brother, birthdays are not allowed in Islam.:)

Green Bird
04-21-2005, 01:11 PM
I agree!

Far7an
04-21-2005, 01:12 PM
I was waiting for bro mujahids to come up, so I could give him beats.

Oh well, I guess it would be better if it is removed InshaAllah :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Z
04-21-2005, 01:41 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

There's no harm in it. Not like we will be celebrating it anyway.

How about we take advantage from it? How? Well when we see a members birthday is today, on that day we ask Allah in our prayers to forgive that persons sins they have done in life so far, and increase their life span. Of course they won't know it and the prophet also advised us to make dua for our brothers and sisters in their absence. What do you think?

MetSudaisTwice
04-21-2005, 01:47 PM
yeah that can be acceptable just as long as they dont celebrate the birthday and spend their time turning in repentance to Allah swt

MetSudaisTwice
04-21-2005, 01:52 PM
am 18 in may 19th and i have never celebrated my birthday and inshallah i hope i wont do so in the future

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-21-2005, 03:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kerned Indian
Asalamu Alaikum

There's no harm in it. Not like we will be celebrating it anyway.

How about we take advantage from it? How? Well when we see a members birthday is today, on that day we ask Allah in our prayers to forgive that persons sins they have done in life so far, and increase their life span. Of course they won't know it and the prophet also advised us to make dua for our brothers and sisters in their absence. What do you think?
A Super Idea brother :shade:

Far7an
04-21-2005, 03:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kerned Indian
How about, we do that everyday InshAllah :)

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-21-2005, 03:59 PM
Another Super Idea all of you are on a roll :D

Green Bird
04-21-2005, 05:18 PM
That's an interesting idea, but maybe there should be a disaclimer along with the birthday date telling people the real objective so there isnt any confusion.

Ansar Al-'Adl
04-21-2005, 07:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan247
How about, we do that everyday InshAllah :)
I agree with Farhan. Why not pray for eachother everyday? And we already have our eids and ramadan. I really don't think we need to distinguish birthdays.

solid_snake
04-21-2005, 08:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
as Muslims we don't celebrate birthdays, so wouldn't it be appropriate to disable the birthday announcement at the bottom of the forum?

JazakAllah khair.

ok ............

Ansar Al-'Adl
04-21-2005, 08:40 PM
Would you like to make any comments solid? Why don't you share your thoughts with us?

Z
04-21-2005, 08:41 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

Huh, I'm sure the brother just made a comment. Have you edited it?

solid_snake
04-21-2005, 08:49 PM
well i didn't want to stir up controversy but I didn't know we are not allowed to celebrate birthdays .... there is always cake and gathering for bdays for little kids and when one of my relative turned 16 .....

Ansar Al-'Adl
04-21-2005, 09:04 PM
Its a good question, Solid, and I'm glad you asked.

The point here is that the celebration of birthdays is just a party to commemorate the day we were born. It was a festival invented by non-muslims, with pagan origins.

But Islam has given us better celebrations, and a higher aim than this. We celebrate the praises of our Lord on our Eids and during Ramadan. There are other days in the Islamic calendar that we can celebrate as well. So what need do the Muslims have to adopt the customs of those who have rejected their Creator?

Many people misinterpret this as saying that Islam is against having fun, etc. But that's not true at all. You can have parties and cakes, but we should do it in the Islamic tradition, and not over pointless occasions that have pagan origins.

The sad thing is Muslims are very good at throwing parties on birthdays and other non-muslim holidays, but they are much quieter in celebratoing Eid or Ramadan, when we should be having the most fun! :D

I hope I explained. Please ask if anything is not clear, or if you have any futher concerns.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.