/* */

PDA

View Full Version : book "Manzil" to ward off evil

Believer5
03-15-2006, 06:20 PM
:sl:

there's a book called "Manzil" that is read to protect yourself from nazr, jadoo, and evil spirits.

does anyone know what it's comprised of? e.g. what surahs? what verses?

btw this is in urdu section because urdu-speakers call it 'Manzil'
I don't know what arabic-speakers know it as.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
itsme01
03-15-2006, 06:29 PM
:wasalamex
^ its weird that now we need "other" books to gaurd off evil. Stick to Quran sis. And btw: Evil Spirits? plz...thats soo subcontinent culture version of Islam.(no offense).

Please refer to these posts:

http://www.paklinks.com/gs/showthrea...highlight=jinn
http://www.paklinks.com/gs/showthread.php?t=209713

my ID is same (itsme01)

Jazak'Allah Khair

Z
03-15-2006, 06:33 PM
Salaam.

This Manzil I think is compiled from verses of the Quraan. Would it now still be considerd as 'other books to gaurd off evil'?

itsme01
03-15-2006, 06:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Z
Salaam.

This Manzil I think is compiled from verses of the Quraan. Would it now still be considerd as 'other books to gaurd off evil'?
then no - however Quran would be yet better. Its the belief in faith and not the 'book' that helps us keep away from evil.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Z
03-15-2006, 06:38 PM
Salaam.

Yeah, and about evil spirits being so whatever you put it... you do know the fight between good and evil has been since day one? Did Satan not promise it would?

Believer5
03-15-2006, 06:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by itsme01
:wasalamex
^ its weird that now we need "other" books to gaurd off evil. Stick to Quran sis. And btw: Evil Spirits? plz...thats soo subcontinent culture version of Islam.(no offense).
slow down bro... you're assuming the worst and thinking low of subcontinent people here...

"Manzil" is a combination of various verses from the Quran. Probabily derived from the Prophet (saw) 's saying about the verses. A bit like reading the 4 qul and ayatul kursi.

itsme01
03-15-2006, 06:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by saufia
slow down bro... you're assuming the worst and thinking low of subcontinent people here...

"Manzil" is a combination of various verses from the Quran. Probabily derived from the Prophet (saw) 's saying about the verses. A bit like reading the 4 qul and ayatul kursi.
no prob. sis saufia - I am from SC as well, and have seen the "desi version" of Islam. However - sorry for jumping to conclusion regarding the book.

Khayal
03-16-2006, 02:13 AM

there's a book called "Manzil" that is read to protect yourself from nazr, jadoo, and evil spirits.

does anyone know what it's comprised of? e.g. what surahs? what verses?

btw this is in urdu section because urdu-speakers call it 'Manzil'
I don't know what arabic-speakers know it as.

:w: n :sl:

Sister I have this book. If you want i can mail it to you.:sister:
just pm me your address, or i can scan it and put it here. but for this i have to learn the process, and it will take some time:)

Believer5
03-16-2006, 11:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by khayaL
:w: n :sl:

Sister I have this book. If you want i can mail it to you.:sister:
just pm me your address, or i can scan it and put it here. but for this i have to learn the process, and it will take some time:)

heyy thanks for the offer... jazakAllah khair

but I think I'll leave it and just wait till my local islamic bookstore gets it...

thanks anyway x

Khayal
03-29-2006, 11:54 PM

Here is Manzil... I uploaded it, so its on a pdf... please pray for me and for every muslim.:sister:
Link: Manzil.pdf

Jazaak ALLAH Khair

Believer5
04-03-2006, 09:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by khayaL

Here is Manzil... I uploaded it, so its on a pdf... please pray for me and for every muslim.:sister:

Jazaak ALLAH Khair

jazakAllah khair sis... ur the best :rose:

Believer5
04-04-2006, 12:07 AM
there's a problem.... the file doesn't open...

jazakAllah khair for ur efforts anyway sis.. x

Khayal
04-04-2006, 01:40 AM
there's a problem.... the file doesn't open...

jazakAllah khair for ur efforts anyway sis.. x

heres another link... if the one above doesnt work... its only open for 7 days though

http://s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1U...P08NMWP09UTR42

Believer5
04-04-2006, 04:02 PM
thanks khayaL... it's worked now

format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
do u want me to write down the ayaahs in tht, here ? :?

I can.... but m too lazy to do tht SOON. :brother:
u'll hv to wait for it.
thanks it's alright, i have it now.

Khayal
04-07-2006, 11:39 PM
thanks khayaL... it's worked now

thanks it's alright, i have it now.:)

Most welcome dear sis...:sister:

Believer5
04-13-2007, 05:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
do u want me to write down the ayaahs in tht, here ? :?

I can.... but m too lazy to do tht SOON. :brother:
u'll hv to wait for it.

sorry to bring up old thread but i found info on wikipedia today...

ok i know wikipedia isnt the best of sources but i can just check from the quran myself to see if these are the ayats in manzil:

format_quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
As an antidote to witchcraft

The concept of sorcery or witchcraft exists in Islam. In the Qur'an verse 102 of Chapter Al-Baqara states:

And they followed what the Shaitans chanted of sorcery in the reign of Sulaiman, and Sulaiman was not an unbeliever, but the Shaitans disbelieved, they taught men sorcery and that was sent down to the two angels at Babel, Harut and Marut, yet these two taught no man until they had said, "Surely we are only a trial, therefore do not be a disbeliever." Even then men learned from these two, magic by which they might cause a separation between a man and his wife; and they cannot hurt with it any one except with Allah's permission, and they learned what harmed them and did not profit them, and certainly they know that he who bought it should have no share of good in the hereafter and evil was the price for which they sold their souls, had they but known this.

In the tradition of Muhammad, he was himself once targeted by sorcerers, but he annulled their effect through the recitation of the verses of the Qur'an. According to various traditions, different parts of the Qur'an are described to have a positive effect on an individual in terms of negating and preventing the effects of witchcraft, or for general well being and becoming a better practicing Muslim. Eminent Muslim scholar of the sub-continent Maulana Mohammad Zakariya collected these verses in book form, which were already in use in his family as an antidote to witchcraft. This collection is popularly referred to as Manzil.

The Manzil comprises the following verses of the Quran:

* Surah Al-Fatihah (chapter 1): verses 1 to 7
* Surah Al-Bakarah (chapter 2): verses 1 to 5, 163, 255 to 257, and 284 to 286
* Surah Al-Imran (chapter 3): verses 18, 26 and 27
* Surah Al-A'araf (chapter 7): verses 54 to 56
* Surah Al-Israa (chapter 17): verses 110 and 111
* Surah Al-Muminoon (chapter 23): verses 115 to 118
* Surah Al-Saaffaat (chapter 37): verses 1 to 11
* Surah Al-Rehman (chapter 55): verses 33 to 40
* Surah Al-Hashr (chapter 59): verses 21 to 24
* Surah Al-Jinn (chapter 72): verses 1 to 4
* Surah Al-Kaafiroon (chapter 109): verses 1 to 6
* Surah Al-Ikhlas (chapter 112): verses 1 to 4
* Surah Al-Falaq (chapter 113): verses 1 to 5
* Surah Al-Naas (chapter 114): verses 1 to 6

The entire manzil is prescribed to be read one or three times in one sitting. This may be performed once or twice a day, in the latter case once in the morning and once in the evening.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manzil

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.