/* */

PDA

View Full Version : U.S. raid kills Iraqi civilians

DaSangarTalib
03-16-2006, 02:56 PM
A U.S. air strike on a house north of Baghdad killed more than 13 Iraqi civilians, including several women and children, police and witnesses said, according to The Washington Post.

Police said the U.S. assault took place early Wednesday in the village of Is’haqi, 170 km north of Baghdad.

There were conflicting reports on the number of Iraqi casualties.

The U.S. army claimed in a statement that it carried out the operation to capture “a foreign fighter facilitator" for al-Qaeda. It confirmed that a man, two women and a child were killed in the operation.

Police Capt. Hakim Azzawi said that that U.S. helicopters bombed the house of Fayez Khairat Khalaf Turfa, killing 13 civilians, five children, six women and two men.

Khalaf's brother, Ahmed, said nine of the victims were family members who lived at the house and two were unidentified visitors.

"The killed family was not part of the resistance; they were women and children," Ahmed Khalaf told the Associated Press. "The Americans have promised us a better life, but we get only death."

A U.S. army spokesman, Lt. Col. Barry Johnson, said the military was "investigating why there is a discrepancy" in accounts of the operation and the number of casualties.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MetSudaisTwice
03-16-2006, 02:58 PM
salam
again US will claim it was an 'accident' and civillians were there at the wrong place and at the wrong time
may allah protect and guide us all
waslam

HeiGou
03-16-2006, 03:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
again US will claim it was an 'accident' and civillians were there at the wrong place and at the wrong time
And the alternative would be...what? The US planned to murder five children?

MetSudaisTwice
03-16-2006, 03:01 PM
salam
i wouldnt be surprised ifthe US did planned it
wasalam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
HeiGou
03-16-2006, 03:04 PM
i wouldnt be surprised ifthe US did planned it
So someone in the US military command planned to murder some children in a far off village no one has ever heard of, and so ordered up a hugely expensive military operation (when the cheaper option of driving by a school seems to have been passed over) and then covered it up with lies?

Uh huh.

Look I know we are not going to agree on much, but usually we agree on the reality of the Universe we both exist in. Are you sure you want to make this claim? Don't you think it is more likely that this story went down just like the military said it did - they had intelligence an Al-Qaeda figure was in that house. They blew it up. Unfortunately there were children there and they died.

MetSudaisTwice
03-16-2006, 03:08 PM
salam
well if the US put as much time and effort into locating the militiants, should they not even think of the people or children nearby? could they not have warned them? evacuate them? maybe not, they will just let them get caught in the operation
it doesnt surprise me that americans soldiers are mistreating the prisioners, this is what i expect from the soldiers

Quote:

Col Pappas, former commander of military intelligence personnel at Abu Ghraib, was given immunity to testify for the defence at Sgt Smith's court martial on Wednesday.
"If I had to list my biggest failure, I think it was not setting appropriate controls," he told the hearing.
"In hindsight, clearly we probably needed to establish some definitive rules and put out some clear guidance to everybody concerned." He admitted under cross-examination that a photograph showing Sgt Smith's dog, without a muzzle, straining at its leash close to a prisoner's face was not consistent with any policy or guidance.

Source
wasalam

HeiGou
03-16-2006, 03:13 PM
well if the US put as much time and effort into locating the militiants, should they not even think of the people or children nearby? could they not have warned them? evacuate them? maybe not, they will just let them get caught in the operation
It is very hard to evacuate children and still get the bad guy especially when the American Army is bogged down like it is. I am sure they put in some, but not much, thought to the fate of those children. But then decided to do it anyway. If you shelter wanted terrorists you are likely to suffer. I do not think that what they did was unreasonable as long as they had good sources and did kill the right man. What do you think? Have you read my quote from an Islamic law book that says you may kill women and children if kafir soldiers shelter behind them? Do you disagree with this?

it doesnt surprise me that americans soldiers are mistreating the prisioners, this is what i expect from the soldiers
This looks like a quick change of subject to get out of a tight corner. But OK. What is the relevance?

[quote]
Col Pappas, former commander of military intelligence personnel at Abu Ghraib, was given immunity to testify for the defence at Sgt Smith's court martial on Wednesday.
"If I had to list my biggest failure, I think it was not setting appropriate controls," he told the hearing.
"In hindsight, clearly we probably needed to establish some definitive rules and put out some clear guidance to everybody concerned." He admitted under cross-examination that a photograph showing Sgt Smith's dog, without a muzzle, straining at its leash close to a prisoner's face was not consistent with any policy or guidance.

Source
wasalam
You have high-lighted the wrong part. Let me high-light the right part.

MetSudaisTwice
03-16-2006, 03:17 PM
salam
it isnt hard to evacuate children, and it is no surprise that they didnt think or put much effort into evacuating
so u saying the children are at fault for 'sheltering' wanted terrorist? do you have any proof that the civillians were sheltering the terrorists? why not just go to the village and fight on the ground? why use helicopters?
wasalam

HeiGou
03-16-2006, 03:40 PM
it isnt hard to evacuate children, and it is no surprise that they didnt think or put much effort into evacuating
so u saying the children are at fault for 'sheltering' wanted terrorist? do you have any proof that the civillians were sheltering the terrorists? why not just go to the village and fight on the ground? why use helicopters?
It is hard to evacuate children if, like the Americans, you are over-stretched and highly reliant on air attack. You need a surprise or the guy will just run away and live to fight another day. It is not the fault of the children, of course, but their parents presumably knew what they were doing and what risks they were taking. They hit a house. That house is said (and perhaps did) contain a wanted man. Terrorists have to live, eat and sleep somewhere. Civilians are clearly sheltering them. Obviously, as I said, America is over-stretched and does not have enough soldiers. It has huge military advantages. It is only sensible to use them. Who would do otherwise?

Rabi'ya
03-16-2006, 03:42 PM
why dont the US just leave iraq?

then we could concentrate on more important issues. if the Us werent there. those kids wouldnt have been killed by them and we couldnt blame them.

either that or they just STOP killing!!!

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

HeiGou
03-16-2006, 03:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya
why dont the US just leave iraq?

then we could concentrate on more important issues. if the Us werent there. those kids wouldnt have been killed by them and we couldnt blame them.

either that or they just STOP killing!!!
I am with you there. I do not think the US should have gone in. I think they ought to leave. But that will not stop children being killed. It is just that Iraqis will do that to each other and we all will not care - Muslim or not.

There is still a chance democracy might work in Iraq. In any event justice needs to be pursued. Which means terrorists need to be killed. This is a tragedy, but it is not entirely the fault of the Americans.

Rabi'ya
03-16-2006, 03:48 PM
I dont like the word terrorists...it means someone who instills terror into someone else. is this not what the americans in iraq are doing? does this mean we should kill the americans?

if the iraqis kill themselves then we would be against them too....no innocent kids and women deserve to die and whoever does so deserves everything that they get.

Rabi'ya
03-16-2006, 03:50 PM
oh, as an after thought...surely killing "terrorists" promotes terrorism and this will result in a vicious circle. instead of killing why not hold them as POWs (in accordance with Islamic terms) until such time as they can be rereleased into society?or held until necessary?

why do we have to killl kill kill?

S_87
03-16-2006, 03:54 PM
:sl:

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhee rajioun!

Muezzin
03-16-2006, 04:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya
oh, as an after thought...surely killing "terrorists" promotes terrorism and this will result in a vicious circle.instead of killing why not hold them as POWs (in accordance with Islamic terms) until such time as they can be rereleased into society?or held until necessary?
It seems the average GI is too ignorant for that sort of measure.

why do we have to killl kill kill?
To do so is to be human, apparently. :p

aakhirah
03-16-2006, 04:02 PM
US launches 'major Iraq assault'

The (state) terrorism continues...

The only consolation we have is that everyone is to return to Allah, and He shall judge fairly.

Rabi'ya
03-16-2006, 04:03 PM
:heated: :heated: :heated:

:rant: :rant:

Rabiya:rose:

DaSangarTalib
03-16-2006, 04:04 PM
Bush Crimes against Humanity!

>> http://www.peacecandy.com/gwbush/remindus/

>> http://www.bushflash.com/pl_lo.html

IbnAbdulHakim
03-16-2006, 04:09 PM
dont defend america! this goes to all the non-muslims and muslims!
dont defend bush, dont defend blair, dont defend the american army!
The tru mu'mins at the time of the prophet DIDNT EVEN ALLOW A TREE TO BE CUT WHICH BARES FRUIT... SUBHANALLAH!!! A TREE!! WHICH BARES FRUIT!!! LOOK AT THE DIFFERENCE!!!

BUT THESE DISGUSTING AMERICANS ARE KILING INNOCENT CIVILLIANS.. AND SAYING """" OOPS"""".... OMG ITS SIK!!!!

MetSudaisTwice
03-16-2006, 04:23 PM
salam
US are just trying to impose thier authority and greatness in this world by picking on Iraq, i would love to see the US picking on North/South Korea
wasalam

knuckles
03-16-2006, 04:46 PM
salam
US are just trying to impose thier authority and greatness in this world by picking on Iraq, i would love to see the US picking on North/South Korea
wasalam
South Korea is an ally and if you aren't in the military in NK you're starving to death. All it would take is a complete blockade and they would crumble in a week.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-16-2006, 05:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by knuckles
South Korea is an ally and if you aren't in the military in NK you're starving to death. All it would take is a complete blockade and they would crumble in a week.
iraq "was" an ally! SO WAT?

knuckles
03-16-2006, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pr4sE
iraq "was" an ally! SO WAT?
No Iraq was the lesser of 2 evils between them and Iran. If the US had a say they would have had them destroy each other. Look at it this way, since Iraq was an ally, how many bases did the US have there? I can tell you of several in SK.

DaSangarTalib
03-16-2006, 06:35 PM
God Bless America: Using God For Political Purpose

http://www.bushflash.com/swf/faith.swf

knuckles
03-16-2006, 06:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fight&Die4Allah

http://www.bushflash.com/swf/faith.swf
Those quotes attributed to Bush, let's see the transcipts of the meeting, interview, or press conference he said them in. That flash file was short on substance and short on production value.

Knut Hamsun
03-18-2006, 08:53 AM
Fight+Dieforhallah: you use your god as justification to engage in war, do you not? So what is the problem? I don't see your point. Iguess you don't have one.

Knut Hamsun
03-18-2006, 09:01 AM
PR4Se
BUT THESE DISGUSTING AMERICANS ARE KILING INNOCENT CIVILLIANS.. AND SAYING """" OOPS"""".... OMG ITS SIK!!!!
There are SUICIDE BOMBERS BLOWING THEMSELVES UP and KILLING INNOCENT CIVILIANS EVERY DAY and they don't even say "oooppps". It is so sad that the inflated and unjustified pride of the insurgents--oh, I mean those who want to start a civil war only to make the usa and uk look bad--will prevent honest and decent Iraqis from using the usa and uk to rebuild their country for next to no cost. That is some horrible pride. So blind in their stubborn hatred and pride. Sad.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.