/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hijab

Trine
03-17-2006, 04:39 PM
:sl:

Well, I am an convert from Christianity til islam, alhamdulilah :happy:
I do not wear hijab, because I am afraid how peolpe will act, particularly my family..!!! So what can I do, to get the courage?? My husband (who also is muslim from Lebanon, alhamdulilah) says that inshallah I will get the courage one day, and he will support me 100%, alhamdulilah... but can you understand me, that I am afraid that I will "lose myself" ..that one day I will wake up in the morning and dont recognize myself. I LOVE islam, and I want to be a good muslim:statisfie I am very serious about islam, så I will not take the hijab on one day, and the next day i wont, I want to be safe with my choice..!!

Salam Aleikum from Trine. I hope you all can understand my english :statisfie :statisfie :giggling:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
03-17-2006, 04:41 PM
Salaam

May allah guide you, www.islamworld.net this has got some articles relating to islam.

Umm Yoosuf
03-17-2006, 04:46 PM
Wa Alaikumusslaam :)

Perfect English Masha Allah. Congrats. Verily Allah guides to His light whom He wills. Take it step by step sister. Don’t rush Insha Allah. Every day aim to cover a bit more and Insha Allah one day you’ll find yourself wearing the complete and correct Hijab :)

Please tell us how you came to Islam here: http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...ours-here.html

Trine
03-17-2006, 04:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah
Wa Alaikumusslaam :)

Perfect English Masha Allah. Congrats. Verily Allah guides to His light whom He wills. Take it step by step sister. Don’t rush Insha Allah. Every day aim to cover a bit more and Insha Allah one day you’ll find yourself wearing the complete and correct Hijab :)
Thank you :statisfie
well, i have some hijab at home, and have them on sometimes( at home) but when it comes to going out, then its hard. my family, took it wery well, when i told them that i was a muslim now, so the next step is the hijab :statisfie But yes i will take one step at the time, and some day i cant take it of :happy: inshallah!!! thank you for your time :statisfie
Salam :D:D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MinAhlilHadeeth
03-17-2006, 04:58 PM
Sis i already love:). I can tell you are really striving. Wearing hijab, especially in the west. is tough. I myself live in the west and I wear jilbab. Inner strength can only come from Allah. As for your family, they are slaves of Allah too sis, and we must all fear and obey Him alone. Hijab allows a woman to be recognised for her mind and not her beauty, as it is intellect and character that matter, not superficial attractiveness. I will make du'a for you sis, that's the best gift I can give you:).
May Allah help you in your struggle, and forgive us all,ameen.
p.s masha-Allah congrats on converting:D!
:w::rose::peace:

Umm Yoosuf
03-17-2006, 05:04 PM
Alhamdulilaah. Sister wear your Hijabs to the masjid (Mosque). Stay with sister's that wear the Hijab :) One day Allah will give you the courage to put it on. Read the stories of the sahabiyaat (women companion), when Allah revealed to them that they should wear the Hijab they tore sheets and warped themselves with it. Insha Allah Allah will give you that iman (faith) to do as they did. Also make du’a (supplication) to Allah. When you ask, ask for Allah. Allah will never fail you. Also attend islamic study circles, where you learn Islam from Quran and sunnah :)

Trine
03-17-2006, 05:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Mu'MiNaH~
Sis i already love:). I can tell you are really striving. Wearing hijab, especially in the west. is tough. I myself live in the west and I wear jilbab. Inner strength can only come from Allah. As for your family, they are slaves of Allah too sis, and we must all fear and obey Him alone. Hijab allows a woman to be recognised for her mind and not her beauty, as it is intellect and character that matter, not superficial attractiveness. I will make du'a for you sis, that's the best gift I can give you:).
May Allah help you in your struggle, and forgive us all,ameen.
p.s masha-Allah congrats on converting:D!
:w::rose::peace:
Thank you very much for your kind words. it is nice to have someone to help me :statisfie i know that a woman should be recognised for her mind, and i do not wear make-up, and close that are showing to much :) inshallah some day, i will wear hijab :statisfie
it is very nice of you, that you will make du´a for me, alhamdulilah.
Salam

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-17-2006, 05:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trine
Thank you very much for your kind words. it is nice to have someone to help me :statisfie i know that a woman should be recognised for her mind, and i do not wear make-up, and close that are showing to much :) inshallah some day, i will wear hijab :statisfie
it is very nice of you, that you will make du´a for me, alhamdulilah.
Salam
No problem ukhti.:sister:
:w:

Trine
03-17-2006, 05:08 PM
Alhamdulilaah. Sister wear your Hijabs to the masjid (Mosque). Stay with sister's that wear the Hijab :) One day Allah will give you the courage to put it on. Read the stories of the sahabiyaat (women companion), when Allah revealed to them that they should wear the Hijab they tore sheets and warped themselves with it. Insha Allah Allah will give you that iman (faith) to do as they did. Also make du’a (supplication) to Allah. When you ask, ask for Allah. Allah will never fail you. Also attend islamic study circles, where you learn Islam from Quran and sunnah :)
Thank you sister :rose: :rose: :rose: :w:

Umm Yoosuf
03-17-2006, 05:19 PM
Not a problem. Please join us in the sister's section. You can only do this once you have reached 50 post's :).

Wasalaam :)

Trine
03-17-2006, 05:22 PM
Not a problem. Please join us in the sister's section. You can only do this once you have reached 50 post's :).

Wasalaam :)

Inshallah sister :thankyou: that would be nice :happy:

M H Kahn
03-17-2006, 05:36 PM
You believe that you should have put on hijab, but you have a feeling of being ashamed of it as you will be identified as a Muslimah. This feeling is like telling that you are a Muslim and at the same time you are ashamed of being a Muslim. If you feel it is necesary for you to wear hijab, you have to do it now for the sake of unpolluted faith, or else your tomorrow may never come to you and you may find yourself in the grave as a hesitant believer who felt shy of of being a Muslimah.

Trine
03-17-2006, 05:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M H Kahn
You believe that you should have put on hijab, but you have a feeling of being ashamed of it as you will be identified as a Muslimah. This feeling is like telling that you are a Muslim and at the same time you are ashamed of being a Muslim. If you feel it is necesary for you to wear hijab, you have to do it now for the sake of unpolluted faith, or else your tomorrow may never come to you and you may find yourself in the grave as a hesitant believer who felt shy of of being a Muslimah.
Well i want to show the world that i am a muslim, but it is hard, there are so many things! hope you understand!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!

Trine
03-17-2006, 05:42 PM
Well i want to show the world that i am a muslim, but it is hard, there are so many things! hope you understand!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!
i am not ashamed, i am proud to be a muslim!!

- Qatada -
03-17-2006, 05:47 PM
:salamext:

You might want to check this link out insha'Allaah, its got alot of information about hijab, and it may have some info. you never knew.

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503544632

And alhamdulillah, masha Allaah for your reversion!

:wasalamex

Trine
03-17-2006, 05:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

You might want to check this link out insha'Allaah, its got alot of information about hijab, and it may have some info. you never knew.

Thank you :D

Kittygyal
03-17-2006, 05:58 PM
sista i have converted two years ago and am practising islam and becuming a gud muzlim i know where your coming from cause it's hard to explain to your family when they are NOT asians/converted. like same here my mum is a christian whereas i've converted but i'm just praying all the time to god that he the one leads me family to the right path and also me that's all i worri about sis. i know it's hard to where a scarf but i do wear it well i've started to wear it recently,there for at times i do wana take it off and i do tho to be honest but i be brave and always pray to god that he leads me to thre right path that's all i care about me religion....and i ONLY fear the one lord and no one else!

i hope you understand what i mean :)

take care

Trine
03-17-2006, 06:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
sista i have converted two years ago and am practising islam and becuming a gud muzlim i know where your coming from cause it's hard to explain to your family when they are NOT asians/converted. like same here my mum is a christian whereas i've converted but i'm just praying all the time to god that he the one leads me family to the right path and also me that's all i worri about sis. i know it's hard to where a scarf but i do wear it well i've started to wear it recently,there for at times i do wana take it off and i do tho to be honest but i be brave and always pray to god that he leads me to thre right path that's all i care about me religion....and i ONLY fear the one lord and no one else!

take care
I understand sister :happy: and it is nice to write with you because you know how i feel. but some day i will wear hijab, inshallah! Do you know if we can write together on msn messenger, if you have one :statisfie ???
Salam aleikum sister.

Kittygyal
03-17-2006, 06:14 PM
I understand sister :happy: and it is nice to write with you because you know how i feel. but some day i will wear hijab, inshallah! Do you know if we can write together on msn messenger, if you have one :statisfie ???
Salam aleikum sister.

that's gud that you understand me sis :happy: :happy:. yes sis i do have msn but i'm not going to give it on the tread if you know what i mean i can p.m you bt you've got less than 50post so i can't p.m you :(

take care

Muezzin
03-17-2006, 06:17 PM
Am I the only one who thinks it should be in a sense easier for Christian reverts to Islam to wear the hijab?

After all, what is this lady wearing, in effect?

:)

Kittygyal
03-17-2006, 06:21 PM
ok sis i will add you as soon as i can don't worri :)
but i suggess u delete it now if you understand why...

take care

NewJama
03-17-2006, 06:22 PM
I am agonising about this isuue too. I am sorry to admit I don't see myself wearing it any time soon. I only put it (actually cover my head with a shawl) for prayer. I would stand out on the streets and at my work and attract so much attention. Whom am I fooling? There's no way I can put it on and go to work. Just no way. I will never be able to do it.
I know one day I can wear scarf or a shawl, when I go out, visit my friends etc. The loosely draped one. But real hijab, the one with under cap...It just scares me how much people will be looking at me all the time. The whole idea of covering is to be modest and not to attract attention, and it will be completely opposite, I will be standing out like only stork among hundreds of chicken. Can you imagine you go to the mall and walk down the street and EVERYBODY is looking at you and thinking something?
And I am sorry I am sorry I am sorry but I can't think about it - I look so ugly in it. I know I shouldn't be thinking this way and shouldn't even want be attractive for strangers, but how I can help stop thinking it? I look just awful. Like a frog.
Please don't take me wrong. I am trying to change as much as I can. Gave away my skirts and shorts adn tight clothes, long sleeves and long skirts or pants for summer (which is really hard to find here too)

Kittygyal
03-17-2006, 06:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Am I the only one who thinks it should be in a sense easier for Christian reverts to Islam to wear the hijab?

After all, what is this lady wearing, in effect?

http://see.oneworld.net/ezimagecatal...42-200x200.jpg

isn't this women wearing a hat bro

maybe i'm rong only god the one knows :happy:

take care

Muezzin
03-17-2006, 06:23 PM
Islamgyal, Mother Theresa (and nuns for that matter) wore something very closely resembling the hijaab.

Kittygyal
03-17-2006, 06:29 PM
but sis at the end of the day who are you attracting? and when you stand up to your lord what are you going to say? are you going to say i can't stand it and i look ugly in it?

alright i've started to wear it now even tho i do wear jeans and stuff but atleast i fear my lord and at least i'm covering ma self...
at the end of the day remember your going to stand up towards ur lord!

sis i'm sorry if i'm being to harsh but it's true most of you forget that god the one is looking at you and can see you...

sis i'm really really really really sorry if i've said sumet bad my intention is NOT to make you upset or to offend you k :)

i hope you understand what i mean?

take care :)

Kittygyal
03-17-2006, 06:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Islamgyal, Mother Theresa (and nuns for that matter) wore something very closely resembling the hijaab.

yes brova i do know that nuns cover there head thanks ever so much :thankyou:

take care

Kittygyal
03-17-2006, 06:33 PM
but how do i delete it from this tread?? :)

i think you can't delete it sis cause i think you haven't got 50 posts sis :rollseyes

if you just let one of the admins know am sure they will delete it for you :rollseyes

take care

IbnAbdulHakim
03-17-2006, 06:37 PM

take care
i really respect your lingo here, easily understood everyword

peace be upon u sis :sl: ;D... :) :)

Cheb
I understand sister, i can give you my msn, here on this tread: *************
thank you:thankyou: :thankyou:

Salam Aleikum :statisfie
Salam sister.
And NO dont do that lol :heated:
I suggest you edit the message because you never know who will see this thread. I mean it is best to be safe.
Regarding your Hijab, I think if you feel you are strong enough in iman then you should try to wear it. It is good that you are wearing it at home at least so you can get use to it a little. But remember that we never know when our last day will come so the sooner the better. If you can at least cover everything else according to Islam then it would be a good start.
Peace.

Cheb
format_quote Originally Posted by Pr4sE

My thoughts exactly :happy:

Kittygyal
03-17-2006, 06:38 PM

o bless sis thanks ever so much :thankyou:

take care

Cheb
03-17-2006, 06:39 PM
Oh right she cant edit yet.
Well a little help from the Mods will be appreciated ;)

M H Kahn
03-17-2006, 06:40 PM
I think it is so easy to them who believes and so heard to them whose belief is not complete ! May Allah grant you the will to overcome the false fear in your mind !

Cheb
03-17-2006, 06:40 PM
Ok I edited my reply. I will ask one of the mods to edit yours.

Kittygyal
03-17-2006, 06:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cheb
Salam sister.
And NO dont do that lol :heated:
I suggest you edit the message because you never know who will see this thread. I mean it is best to be safe.
Regarding your Hijab, I think if you feel you are strong enough in iman then you should try to wear it. It is good that you are wearing it at home at least so you can get use to it a little. But remember that we never know when our last day will come so the sooner the better. If you can at least cover everything else according to Islam then it would be a good start.
Peace.

brova the sista can not delete it for some reason:rollseyes
is it cause she hasn't got 50posts:?

take care brova

Cheb
03-17-2006, 06:43 PM
I know. Unfortunately none of the moderaters and Admin are online. we have to wait till they come on.

Kittygyal
03-17-2006, 06:44 PM
My thoughts exactly :happy:

come on bro ok am writing english ;D ;D

get back to the track we don't want the mod's to shout:X

take care bro :happy:

IbnAbdulHakim
03-17-2006, 06:44 PM
brova the sista can not delete it for some reason:rollseyes
is it cause she hasn't got 50posts:?

take care brova
ye thats exactly why, tell her to go spam some posts lol ;D

Kittygyal
03-17-2006, 06:45 PM
I know. Unfortunately none of the moderaters and Admin are online. we have to wait till they come on.

they do be online bro they hide from people :X :hiding:

tahe care bro

Kittygyal
03-17-2006, 06:46 PM
ye thats exactly why, tell her to go spam some posts lol ;D
brova come on we should let this sis post where ever she likes :giggling: :giggling:
and am sure she will get 50posts by today (i hope so)

t5ake care bro:happy:

Kittygyal
03-17-2006, 06:47 PM
Ok sis, Thank you!! Hope to hear from you soon (msn) :thankyou:

Salam:happy:

no worries sis

take care :happy:

Cheb
03-17-2006, 06:48 PM
I agree with Pr4se :):)

Kittygyal
03-17-2006, 06:48 PM
Thank you all for your help :D i have sent a mail, so now i will wait and see :D

ok sista no worries all the best :)

sis just carry on posting :happy:

take care

Trine
03-17-2006, 06:50 PM
ok sista no worries all the best :)

sis just carry on posting :happy:

take care

Yes :happy: :)

Kittygyal
03-17-2006, 06:50 PM
I agree with Pr4se :):)

brova i think we should stay on track as you know we might get in trouble by the mod's!

IbnAbdulHakim
03-17-2006, 06:58 PM
brova come on we should let this sis post where ever she likes :giggling: :giggling:
and am sure she will get 50posts by today (i hope so)

t5ake care bro:happy:
lol well this is a really interestin site and therse so much to learn, and i hav to ask a question almost every 1 out of 3 threads so i end up postin quite a bit. lol inshaAllah this sister will find it beneficial

Cheb
03-17-2006, 07:00 PM
Anyway it is best if the Mods deleted all these posts. Then we can get back to the topic with less distractions.

Kittygyal
03-17-2006, 07:01 PM
lol well this is a really interestin site and therse so much to learn, and i hav to ask a question almost every 1 out of 3 threads so i end up postin quite a bit. lol inshaAllah this sister will find it beneficial

that is true bro o bless but help the sis ;D :okay:

take care

Kittygyal
03-17-2006, 07:01 PM
Anyway it is best if the Mods deleted all these posts. Then we can get back to the topic with less distractions.

true bro i agree with you :happy:

take care

IbnAbdulHakim
03-17-2006, 07:06 PM
i heard the woman who wears hijab completes half her faith! not sure about this tho :?

Kittygyal
03-17-2006, 07:08 PM
i heard the woman who wears hijab completes half her faith! not sure about this tho :?

yea it's true she does i've heard that before too :happy:
atleast it shows she fears her lord and she is showing others her religion :rollseyes

i hope that is right :rollseyes

take care

IbnAbdulHakim
03-17-2006, 07:12 PM
yea it's true she does i've heard that before too :happy:
atleast it shows she fears her lord and she is showing others her religion :rollseyes

i hope that is right :rollseyes

take care
it shows she cares about wat ALLAH (swt) thinks and not people :)

M H Kahn
03-17-2006, 07:12 PM
i am not ashamed, i am proud to be a muslim!!
May Allah give you the the ability to show your pride in truth !

Kittygyal
03-17-2006, 07:14 PM
it shows she cares about wat ALLAH (swt) thinks and not people :)

that is so true bro :happy:

as a muzlim women you should cover your body and not have the intention to attract people!

may i ask is it allowed in izlam to wear scarf with jeans and stuff :rollseyes :rollseyes :?

take care

IbnAbdulHakim
03-17-2006, 07:23 PM

as a muzlim women you should cover your body and not have the intention to attract people!

may i ask is it allowed in izlam to wear scarf with jeans and stuff :rollseyes :rollseyes :?

take care
you should not show of your body figure because that causes men to stare at you and lust after you.
Dont do that which will attract men after you, rather do that which pleases your husband and him alone :)

May Allah guide you sis

:sl: :)

- Qatada -
03-17-2006, 07:23 PM

Tips for Beginning to Wear Hijab

http://www.muhajabah.com/hjbscared.htm

The Virtues of Hijab
http://www.thewaytotruth.org/womanin...esofhijab.html

The Obligatory Conditions For An Islamic Hijab.
http://www.islamworld.net/hijabconds.html

Top Ten Excuses for NOT donning Hijab...
http://members.tripod.com/worldupdat...tes10/id61.htm

Lots of different info. on Hijab
http://www.jannah.org/sisters/hijab.html

The Hijab is Beautiful

http://www.sunnahonline.com/ilm/sisters/0002.htm

Trine
03-17-2006, 08:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

Tips for Beginning to Wear Hijab

http://www.muhajabah.com/hjbscared.htm

The Virtues of Hijab
http://www.thewaytotruth.org/womanin...esofhijab.html

The Obligatory Conditions For An Islamic Hijab.
http://www.islamworld.net/hijabconds.html

Top Ten Excuses for NOT donning Hijab...
http://members.tripod.com/worldupdat...tes10/id61.htm

Lots of different info. on Hijab
http://www.jannah.org/sisters/hijab.html

The Hijab is Beautiful

http://www.sunnahonline.com/ilm/sisters/0002.htm

Mashallah, these sites is very good!!!! :thankyou:
Salam

Cheb
03-17-2006, 08:27 PM

take care
Like Pr4ase said you should not show your figure. Try wearing loose clothes that dont show the shape of your body. A loose abaya is what many Muslim women wear.

Musaafirah
03-17-2006, 08:29 PM
[PIE]hope you find the courage to wear hijab! and trust people dont stare at you when you wear a hijab! it'z all in the imagination! [/PIE]

Kittygyal
03-17-2006, 08:45 PM
you should not show of your body figure because that causes men to stare at you and lust after you.
Dont do that which will attract men after you, rather do that which pleases your husband and him alone :)

May Allah guide you sis

:sl: :)

thanks ever so much bro :thankyou:

take care

Kittygyal
03-17-2006, 08:46 PM
Like Pr4ase said you should not show your figure. Try wearing loose clothes that dont show the shape of your body. A loose abaya is what many Muslim women wear.

may i ask what is abaya?

Cheb
03-17-2006, 08:51 PM
may i ask what is abaya?

"The abaya is an overgarment worn by some Muslim women. It is the traditional form of hijab, or Islamic modest dress, for many countries of the Arabian peninsula. Traditional abaya are black, and may be either a large square of fabric draped from the shoulders or head, or a long black caftan. The abaya should cover the whole body save face, feet, and hands. It can be worn with the niqab, a face veil covering all but the eyes."

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abaya

pictures: http://www.alhannah.com/abaya.html

Peace ;)

- Qatada -
03-17-2006, 08:57 PM
may i ask what is abaya?

An abaya is also known as jilbaab. Its fardh (compulsary) upon the believing women to wear it/something similar to it, due to the ayah/verse in the Qur'an:

Surah Noor/The Light. (chapter 24)

And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like palms of hands or one eye or both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer dress like veil, gloves, head-cover, apron, etc.), and to draw their veils all over Juyubihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms, etc.) and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husband's sons, their brothers or their brother's sons, or their sister's sons, or their (Muslim) women (i.e. their sisters in Islâm), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allâh to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful.

This is an example of an abayah/jilbaab.

wa Allaahu ta'aala a'lam. (and Allaah Almighty knows best.)

Kittygyal
03-17-2006, 08:59 PM
o yes brova i have seen many asian womens wearing this kinda thing cool :)
thanks ever so much brova

take care:)

Nawal89
03-17-2006, 09:00 PM
Woops bro fi she's got a bit of her neck showing. ;D

Kittygyal
03-17-2006, 09:01 PM
thanks ever so much brova's :thankyou: :thankyou:

take care

Kittygyal
03-17-2006, 09:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nawal89

can't she even show her kneck sis :?

take care

Nawal89
03-17-2006, 09:02 PM
nope. Thats also supposed to be covered. :)

- Qatada -
03-17-2006, 09:05 PM

I think you might want to read the reasons for the hijab, and why its so important. insha Allaah, by reading the reasons/wisdom behind it - you'll get a better idea for why its a form of liberty, and not oppression for women.

You might want to check this link out for more info. insha Allaah:

Cheb
03-17-2006, 09:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nawal89
lol I dont know how women notice such little detail. It is a mystery. :):happy:

Kittygyal
03-17-2006, 09:07 PM
thanks ever so much brova F..... :)

take care

Umm Yoosuf
03-17-2006, 10:16 PM
:sl: NewJama,

I am agonising about this isuue too. I am sorry to admit I don't see myself wearing it any time soon. I only put it (actually cover my head with a shawl) for prayer.
Masha Allah thats a start:)

I would stand out on the streets and at my work and attract so much attention. Whom am I fooling? There's no way I can put it on and go to work. Just no way. I will never be able to do it.
Sister with a bit of time and iman (faith) of course you can do it. Like many reverts and returnees:)

I know one day I can wear scarf or a shawl, when I go out, visit my friends etc. The loosely draped one. But real hijab, the one with under cap...It just scares me how much people will be looking at me all the time. The whole idea of covering is to be modest and not to attract attention, and it will be completely opposite,
I will be standing out like only stork among hundreds of chicken. Can you imagine you go to the mall and walk down the street and EVERYBODY is looking at you and thinking something?
Sister yes i must admite you will stick out among people. You will get eyes staring at you most of the time. This is the West! The Hijab is a strange thing for people indeed. Some are puzzled by it and some are fascinated by it. Either way my dearest sister it’s a commandment and a gift from Allah to the women.

Don't think that all people think the same way-that you are weird or something! No! By Allah you don't know how many Muslimah's are approached by non-Muslim men and women and wonderful comments are made regarding their hijab.

I'll tell you a little incident that happened with one of the member’s here. One day this member of LI and her friends were on a bus, this non-Muslim woman kept staring at them. They got kind of uncomfortable. They got off the bus, just as they were about to cross the street, they reliesed the non-Muslim woman was behind them, staring:rollseyes , she said to them some beautiful words.

She said:

Hi, I’d just like to say that I really admire you, you have such a high respect for yourselves and look so modest. I wished my daughters were as modest as you. In a society like this, I am pleased for you. Keep it up.

This was coming from a Non-Muslim woman, a stranger from the street. Subhanallah. The hijab is a dwah tool!

And I am sorry I am sorry I am sorry but I can't think about it - I look so ugly in it. I know I shouldn't be thinking this way and shouldn't even want be attractive for strangers, but how I can help stop thinking it? I look just awful. Like a frog.
Come sister! Thats what you think...but the hijab is not for attracting people. The Hijab is far more then that....

Please don't take me wrong. I am trying to change as much as I can. Gave away my skirts and shorts adn tight clothes, long sleeves and long skirts or pants for summer (which is really hard to find here too)
Yes i am sure you are changing. You coming to Islam is a big step. Alhamdulilaah. You got to keep trying. Take a step at a time. Don't rush and don't say you can't wear it. You can. Make du'a to Allah that He makes it easy for you insha Allah.

:w: :sister:

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-19-2006, 09:04 AM
I hear that scholars disagree about the feet:?

irsha
03-19-2006, 10:32 AM
I believe the hijab was only recommended for the times. I do not believe in wearing the hijab now, though I do not feel any animosity to those who do. It should be a matter of conscience and choice. Personally, I feel that it is like covering a beautiful butterfly that was meant to be seen.

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-19-2006, 10:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by irsha
I believe the hijab was only recommended for the times. I do not believe in wearing the hijab now, though I do not feel any animosity to those who do. It should be a matter of conscience and choice. Personally, I feel that it is like covering a beautiful butterfly that was meant to be seen.
in islam we do not believe that any part of the religion is out-dated. hijab is there to protect the woman, and so that she keeps her modesty. this is hard to understand from a western view-point. we just feel a woman should be recognised for her mind and not her body:)

irsha
03-19-2006, 10:53 AM
Yes, I have heard this. Bt I have also seen where the prophets age compared to aish was excused because it was "the times". I have also seen where slavery was excused because it was "the times" So it seems, that NOT all things are timeless when it comes to the koran. So, if important issues such as that can be explained by the sign of the times, why ot a far less important thing.

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-19-2006, 10:57 AM
It doesn't say in the qur'an what age you should get married:), so that is not relevant. When the person feels they are ready, they should get married. Just don't put it off too long. So yes it was normal in society at that time or a girl 2 get married at that age, just like it's normal for a women to get married at the age of 30 now.

irsha
03-19-2006, 11:00 AM
Yes I realise that, but it is a clear example of rules changing to suit the times

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-19-2006, 11:01 AM
Yes I realise that, but it is a clear example of rules changing to suit the times
i just told you the qur'an doesn't give any ruling on that.
And Allah ordered women to cover up, you can't change that.

irsha
03-19-2006, 11:28 AM
It may not give a ruling on it, but common sense says that it is not right to marry a 6 year old nowadays nor consumate the marriage at 9 years age. The same can b said on slavery. Also, I dont think I ever saw a clear concise description of hijab in koran, it just says dress modestly as far as I know, but I could be wrong, perhaps someone can volunteer the verse, if it exists.
I was at the beach today, everyone was having fun, girls and boys were playing together, everyone was smiling and laughing. A bit different to the pictures of the women in your post? You can even see their faces, let alone smiles. Dont you think Allah would like us to smile? A smile a day keeps the aggro away.

Cheb
03-19-2006, 11:31 AM
It is not our rules that have changed. It is Western rules. Why should we live under their rules? Why impose their rules on us?

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-19-2006, 11:32 AM
surat an nur and surat al ahzab do give a clear concise description:)

irsha
03-19-2006, 11:33 AM
I noticed the women wearing hate signs on their hijabs, this just reinforces the stereotype of muslims being full of hate, why do you show that?

irsha
03-19-2006, 11:34 AM
I would like to see the exact verse if you have it, or if anyone else can produce it, not just verses on modesty, actual descriptions of hijab.

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-19-2006, 11:34 AM
that is not relevant, you can start a new thread for that if you want:)

irsha
03-19-2006, 11:36 AM
There you go again getting shirty, ok, I think it is relevant, as its on their hijabs, but dont worry I wont bother you any more

Ghazi
03-19-2006, 11:41 AM
Salaam

The Qur'an - An-Nur 24:30

Tell the believing men to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.). That is purer for them. Verily, Allâh is All-Aware of what they do.

And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like palms of hands or one eye or both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer dress like veil, gloves, head-cover, apron, etc.), and to draw their veils all over Juyubihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms, etc.) and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husband's sons, their brothers or their brother's sons, or their sister's sons, or their (Muslim) women (i.e. their sisters in Islâm), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allâh to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful.

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-19-2006, 11:42 AM
There you go again getting shirty, ok, I think it is relevant, as its on their hijabs, but dont worry I wont bother you any more
you know, you're easily offended?

irsha
03-19-2006, 11:44 AM
Sorry, but isn't the bits in brackets added? Those bits in brackets are interpretations, those words are not in the koran, are they?

Ghazi
03-19-2006, 11:47 AM
Sorry, but isn't the bits in brackets added? Those bits in brackets are interpretations, those words are not in the koran, are they?
Salaam

It's a transalation, the bits in the brackets are telling the person what is ment by the verses.

irsha
03-19-2006, 11:50 AM
So really the koran says this:
"And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and protect their private parts and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent and to draw their veils all over Juyubihinna and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husband's sons, their brothers or their brother's sons, or their sister's sons, or their women or the slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allâh to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful."
I am sorry, but there is no requirement to wear the hijab here. This could just be read to not show your private parts, as in genitals, most of the west already does this.

Ghazi
03-19-2006, 11:52 AM
So really the koran says this:
"And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and protect their private parts and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent and to draw their veils all over Juyubihinna and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husband's sons, their brothers or their brother's sons, or their sister's sons, or their women or the slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allâh to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful."
I am sorry, but there is no requirement to wear the hijab here. This could just be read to not show your private parts, as in genitals, most of the west already does this.
Salaam

You aint the user "Ameen" by any chance.

irsha
03-19-2006, 11:58 AM
I am sorry, I don't know what you mean? Do you think I am someone else? No, lol, I am not. I have been to two other sites, but this last few days is my first here.:) Why, does that person have similar views to me?
I gotta go now, talk again soon

Umm Yoosuf
03-20-2006, 11:55 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Please refer to the following threads on Aisha’s marriage and on slave- girls

http://www.islamicboard.com/refutati...ave-girls.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/refutati...phet-pbuh.html

Hi irsha.

How should one understand the Qur'an?

According to how the Prophet (pbuh) and the companion ‘s understood it. You can never understand the Qur’an according to your own context.

Also the Qur'an and the Sunnah go hand in hand. Some thing that is mention in the Qur'an the hadith's can never contradict it other wise that hadiths is fabricated. The Qur'an is more in need of the Sunnah then the sunnah is in need of the Qur'an. Why? I'll provide you with an example. The salaah (prayer)- the Qur'an only tells you to pray 5 times a day etc but it doesn't tell you how to pray. The Sunnah goes into depth, it tells you all the rituals and rules. Thus when it comes to the Hijab you have to understand how the sahaba understood it.

julie sarri
03-28-2006, 12:41 PM
:sl: sis i was once like you i was worried how my family would handel me reverting to islam and the frist time i put on the hijab but i did and even now my family are not happy about me wearing hijab i still wear it becouse i do whats right for me i love my family and always will and make duas for the that alla(swt) will guide them ask allah (swt) to help you sis he will guide you on to the right path inshaallah:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.