/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Uni of Lecister?

Green Bird
04-21-2005, 01:33 PM
Salaam
My brothers thinking of apllying to Lecister uni in Sept, does anyone go there and if so what do you think of it?

:)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MetSudaisTwice
04-21-2005, 01:55 PM
no sis i havent heard of it try the website of the uni

Far7an
04-21-2005, 02:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Green Bird
Salaam
My brothers thinking of apllying to Lecister uni in Sept, does anyone go there and if so what do you think of it?

:)
Really good university, MashaAllah

Good Islamic society too, we have a brother on this from who attends the uni :)

niqaabii
04-21-2005, 02:11 PM
its a brilliant uni ...quite alot of practising muslims go there too
i ws planning to go there this sept aswell ..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Far7an
04-21-2005, 02:12 PM
Leicester Uni ISOC website

Khaldun
04-21-2005, 02:16 PM
:sl:

yes we got one brother that I know here on the forums that attends the uni, but I rather not disclose his name, have to ask him first loq

Green Bird
04-21-2005, 04:51 PM
Salaam
Thanks a lot for your help people, I'll pass it on. Going to Uni's no easy decision...

Z
04-21-2005, 08:49 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

What will he be studying? There might be other unis offering better education in his chosen field.

Green Bird
04-22-2005, 07:49 AM
Inshallah he's hoping to do medicine. Going away from home is faaaaaaaaaar from ideal , i dont even know if he's willing to do it, but if the situation does arise it would be better for him to go somewhere like lecister where there is a prominant muslim population...

Green Bird
04-22-2005, 02:46 PM
mistake-sorry

Green Bird
04-22-2005, 02:50 PM
umm yeah he'll be going to uni in 2006 inshallah-Thanks for the detailed description on buildings and all it can have a depressing effect as for the isoc bit-Leciester just seems a good idea, beacuse if he is putting himself in the vulnerable position of living away from home, being surrounded by like minded people can make all the difference.

kadafi
04-22-2005, 03:52 PM

I've already applied to the Uni of Leicester (got an offer) and is also my first choice.

Great university but it depends on his chosen field which in this case is medicine. Leicester uni has a solid reputation in medicine and was the best choice for medicine in 2003 if my memory serves correctly.

:w:

Muhammad
04-22-2005, 11:17 PM
Yes it does have a good reputation for medicine - in fact, its one of the best in UK. The other thing about being vulnerable when away from home is also very true. Therefore in that sense it is a good thing coming to Leicester because of the Muslim communities etc. but there is still the fitnah going on within universities - don't underestimate that. Just because there might be muslims who go there does not mean there won't be many kuffaar who are involved in Haram. If you need more info, let me know Insha'Allaah.

Genius
04-22-2005, 11:40 PM
There's alot of fitna in Leicester despite the number of Muslims.

Kadafi congratulations on getting accepted for Medicine, you must be real good competition is fierce.

Khattab
04-23-2005, 12:00 AM
Mashallah brother Kadafi good to hear, may Allah (SWT) make you successful in this life and in the hereafter, ameen.

kadafi
04-23-2005, 08:33 AM

Jazaka'Allahu for the duas bros.

My chosen field is not medicine (dislike it) but Computer Science European Degree (which means that I'll spend the 4th year in an overseas university -- preferably Holland :) )

Green Bird
04-23-2005, 06:50 PM
Mashallah-sounds cool :thumbs_up

Sumayya
05-04-2005, 04:20 PM
Salaamz :D

Ye Leicester Uni iz really good I hear :thumbs_up

Especially the Islamic Society..I use the Sisterz prayer room..itz sooo cosy and comfortable and welcoming..and I jus luv it in there

But my time in QE iz ending.. :-[ Im gonna miss the Prayer Room in Leicester Uni :(

Halima
05-15-2005, 02:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan247
Really good university, MashaAllah

Good Islamic society too, we have a brother on this from who attends the uni :)

I know who that brother is ;)

Far7an
05-15-2005, 07:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Halima
I know who that brother is ;)
Assalamu alaikum

I very much doubt it

And no its not me.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!