/* */

PDA

View Full Version : sacrificed for country, martyr???

lyesh
03-17-2006, 10:24 PM
:sl: brothers and sisters,

Is it true that fighting for the country is encouraged in Islam? Should we fight and sacrifice ourselves for our country by our money and our lives? And if a muslim fights for his\her country and dies is he matryed? Coz, some people here in our country says that they are martyr. But I never saw any Quran verses or any hadiths regarding this. So if anyone of you have any proofs regarding this can u please give me? What r ur views??

:? :? :? :?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
j4763
03-17-2006, 10:30 PM
I dont think country matters, i think its more of fighting for your muslims brothers/sisters (not sure tho).

lyesh
03-17-2006, 10:33 PM
salaam,
thts exactly what I was thinking! But we shud not fight for our bro's or sisters(we shud do it for the sake of Allah!), even though we try to save them we shud do it for our deen.
JazakAllah!
Any other views??????

w, salaam

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
03-17-2006, 10:38 PM
so what if a soldier of a muslim country dies fighting for his country? inresting question.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
afriend
03-17-2006, 10:40 PM
Urm.....

If it is for the sake of being a nationalsit (for the love of the country) then it will not be considered as Jihad (holy war). But, on the other hand, if the intention is changed to Fight for the sake of Allah and fight as the enemy will cause fitnah in the land.

In the Quran it is mentioned:

"fight them until there is no more fitnah" (surah Baqarah)

DaSangarTalib
03-17-2006, 10:45 PM
NO definetly not fighting for the country or a leader is forbidden and no way that is Jihad, it wont be accepted.......only if you fight for your religion ISLAM and for the sake of Allah it will be accepted

lyesh
03-17-2006, 11:38 PM
salaam,

jazakAllah

w, salaam

abdul Majid
03-18-2006, 01:07 AM
It must be in the name of ALLAH(swt), and to make his word high, inshallah..

and ALLAH knows best !!

Mainul_Islam
03-18-2006, 01:30 AM
well, it depends.. like when Afghanistan fought against Russia, that was a good cause.

but when Iran fought Iraq? or Bangladesh fought Pakistan? nuh uh...

abdul Majid
03-18-2006, 01:37 AM
i understand what you mean bro, but it all comes down to ISLAM and for the sake of ALLAH(swt).....FISIBILILLAH..

Rabi'ya
03-19-2006, 01:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdul Majid
i understand what you mean bro, but it all comes down to ISLAM and for the sake of ALLAH(swt).....FISIBILILLAH..

i pretty much agree with brother Abdul Majid.fighting for countries is not necessarybut fighting for the sake of Allah is.

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

DaSangarTalib
03-20-2006, 06:49 PM
i've come across this short article, which i think ppl need to read carefully Insha'Allah:

In its early period, Islam broke down the idols which were in the garb of ancestral, tribal, national or linguistic division and established an Islamic unity. It included everyone residing in the east or west, black or white, Arab or non-Arab. This unity replaced all other unite sin the world. The westerners have found this Muslim unity disquieting to them and for the past few centuries have endeavoured to arise national sentiments among the Muslims and to break them up in geographical and ancestral divisions. The non-Muslims have no religion on whose platform they may gather all people, so they always fight for the defence of their tribe and ancestry. Or, they invite people to stand under the banner of nation or country.

Allah has put the Muslim above all these things. They wage Jihad only for Allah and Islam and they even, give up their nation and ancestry if these things hinder them in Jihad. We learnt this from the first hijra to Madinah and the battle-fields of Badar and Uhud.

There members of a family raised their swords against those of their own family members who were enemies of Allah and His Messenger (صلى الله عليه و سلم). If they had before them their country or tribe, they would not have fought as they did.

Today, Muslims too have become accustomed to raise national slogans and they wage Jihad for their country. We thank Allah that most of our youth do not think this way. They give their lives for Allah, not for their country. However, it has become customary to use the national slogan as an idiom and most of our poets and orators do it unwittingly. We must abstain from using such polytheistic words.

Definiton of the most important of the obligations of Islam
Al-Jihad P.g 11

Mufti Muhammad Shafi (rh) 6, Shawwal 1391 A.H
SOURCE: http://blog.darulislam.info/node/73

lyesh
03-20-2006, 07:02 PM
Salaam,

JazakAllah! Its very useful! May Allah reward u!

north_malaysian
03-21-2006, 07:08 AM
It's a duty for all Muslims to defend their respective countries whether it's USA, UK, Colombia whatever.

DaSangarTalib
03-22-2006, 12:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
It's a duty for all Muslims to defend their respective countries whether it's USA, UK, Colombia whatever.
Muslims can only defend Muslim land when under attack and they shouldn't do it in the name of nationalism or some leader but only for the sake of Allah and raising His word supreme.

irsha
03-22-2006, 01:07 PM
bangladesh only fought pakistan to defend itself, and lost over 3 million people and 80% of its hindu population in the process, so I highly doubt that the pakistan soldiers who killed women and children and defenceless people would be considered martyrs by God. Same goes or Iran who lost over 1 million fighting Iraq, who many of you seem to think should have been left to their despotic selves

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.