/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Access Project

seeker_of_ilm
03-18-2006, 04:12 PM
:sl:

Anyone here who knows Access basically inside out? Cos I gotta do a project for computing, so if I posted the question sheet we've been given, you lot could point me in the right direction for each question?

Please any help would be appreciated, as I can't afford to fail computing because although I'm dropping it, I need it as a 4th AS for Uni applications

jazakallah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MH-UK
03-18-2006, 05:34 PM

I did A-level ICT some time ago and used Access. I can't say I know it inside out but I think you should post the question sheet and I'll see what I can remember insha'Allah....

:w:

seeker_of_ilm
03-18-2006, 11:19 PM

Its basically the following:

AQA AS Level Computing – CPT3 Structured Task

The Village Hall

19.2 Background

The Village Hall Committee looks after bookings for the Village Hall. The Hall is available for individuals and societies to use. You have been asked to create a computer application, either programmed or using a relational database or using a combination of both, to replace the current manual booking and billing system for occasional bookings. Initially, at least, there will be only one workstation with Internet access and a printer attached. This is owned by the treasurer of the Village Hall Committee and kept at his home.

19.3 Current System

1. Bookings for the Village Hall must be made in advance. Occasional bookings are made by contacting the treasurer, at least one week and not more than two months, in advance of the date booked. Often the fee is paid at the time of booking. Regular Bookings are considered by the Village Hall Committee at their annual general meeting and are made for the whole year. Bookings can be made for Morning (9.am to 12.30pm), Afternoon (1.30pm to 5pm) and Evening (6pm to 9.30pm). Evening bookings can be extended to 11.30 pm on Fridays and Saturdays only.

2. Cost of hiring Village Hall
Morning £12.00
Afternoon £12.00
Evening £15.00
Evening Extension £5.00
18th Birthday parties and Golden or Silver Wedding parties for villagers can be held on a Friday or Saturday Evening for a special rate of £10.00 including the extension.

3. Occasional bookings are placed by visiting or telephoning the treasurer. When a booking is made the following information is recorded in the Village Hall Bookings Book:
Name of individual or society,
Title of event,
Contact address,
Contact telephone number,
Fee paid or fee to be billed.
The book uses one page per week, showing the 21 booking slots and the information is written in the appropriate slot.

4. Regular bookings for 2006 are as follows:
Play Group – Monday and Wednesday Mornings
Guides & Brownies – Tuesday Evening
Cubs & Scouts – Thursday Evening
Women’s Institute – Third Tuesday in every month Afternoon
Line Dancing – every other Monday Evening
The billing for these bookings is not part of this system but these slots need to be shown as hired to the appropriate group and included in the usage statistics.

5. Every Saturday Morning a list of bookings for the next week is placed on the Village Hall Notice Board.

6. Once a month the treasurer sends out bills for the previous month’s occasional bookings. There are two copies of each bill one for the Village Hall records and one is sent to the hirer. If the fee was paid on booking then both these bills are marked as paid, otherwise the Village Hall copy is marked as paid when the fee is received.

7. Every month the treasurer needs to calculate the following: total money taken for occasional bookings and the percentage usage, including regular and occasional bookings, for each weekly slot. These figures are included in his monthly report on Village Hall bookings. These reports are considered by the Village Hall committee at their annual general meeting.

8. In order to save money on postage and envelopes the treasurer is planning to send out bills by e-mail in future. You should bear this in mind when designing your system. Testing Test data for two month’s bookings, January and February 2006, should be used. Testing should ensure that the bills produced show the booking made, details of the hirer, the fee due and whether the fee has been pre-paid. Testing also should show that the monthly hiring calculations and statistics are correct. The system should be
tested for any problems that may arise including trying to book a slot that is already reserved, trying to make a booking too far in advance or too close to the date of the hiring.

19.4 Requirements of the Practical Exercise

Candidates will need to design and implement an appropriate computing system and provide sufficient documentation to demonstrate the following practical skills:
• Design
• Implement/Test.
The task may be undertaken by:
either writing a program in a chosen high level language:
or using a suitable relational database
or using a combination of both.
Candidates are expected to produce brief documentation including some or all of the following, as appropriate.

Don't make sense to me :rant:

Any help would be appreciated Jazakallah, Keep me in your duas

MH-UK
03-18-2006, 11:56 PM

Do you have an email address where I can send you some help because I can't send PM's as I don't have enough posts...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MH-UK
03-20-2006, 12:18 PM

I sent an email yesterday, did you get it?

I think you can edit the email address from your post now if you like...

i_m_tipu
03-20-2006, 12:35 PM
:salamext:
i never use MS Access in frontend
but with other languages

can't very effective than other i guess
thou if u not satisfy with soluation can ask me...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.