/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslim Space

HizBullah
02-24-2006, 04:58 PM
As Salamun Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Before I start... I'd like to apologize if this is in the wrong category...

Check out this site Insha'Allah - www.Muslimspace.com

The rationale behind the website is; a lot of our Muslims brothers and sisters right now are utilizing websites like hi5 or myspace.com ... however, these websites are not Islamically monitored and a lot of the time, things can get out of hand.

So we thought, why not make a website that can cater to this group of youngsters in a clean manner, by providing them with a clean space?

At first, the idea was a bit strange to me as well... but yani, after I thought about it, it's better to meet in a clean place with Muslims than to allow our youth to be swayed by non-Muslims.

Please be open minded about this... it is not a place for marriage etc... it is a means of social networking, to make friends around the globe.

If you have any questions, you may ask me on this thread as I am a staff member of the website and do represent it.

Jazak'Allah Khairun =)

Salaam.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Z
02-25-2006, 11:09 PM
Salaam.

Not any more 'Muslim' than MySpace. Forget it.

khadijah06
02-25-2006, 11:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Z
Salaam.

Not any more 'Muslim' than MySpace. Forget it.
Assalamu alaikum

I have to agree with the brothers point. I looked at your site and i didnt really like what i saw. I think that in theory the site is a good idea, but when you can see pictures of sisters posing in there jilbabs and such ........ i dunno it just seems like another form of fitnah to me. Please don't take offence as this is just my opinion.

Masalaam

azim
02-25-2006, 11:52 PM
Salam.

I think theres no real need in it. Hi5/MySpace are usually used for just friends/aquaintances to stay in touch. MuslimSpace is a bit uncessary - especially the 'search' feature.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-26-2006, 12:13 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by HizBullah

http://muslimspace.com/images/signupimg.jpg

The rationale behind the website is; a lot of our Muslims brothers and sisters right now are utilizing websites like hi5 or myspace.com ... however, these websites are not Islamically monitored and a lot of the time, things can get out of hand.

So we thought, why not make a website that can cater to this group of youngsters in a clean manner, by providing them with a clean space?
I like the thinking, however opening another site which basically does the same thing isnt a good idea to get the muslim youth to spend there time beneficially.

At first, the idea was a bit strange to me as well... but yani, after I thought about it, it's better to meet in a clean place with Muslims than to allow our youth to be swayed by non-Muslims.
Does that imply that the site endorses meeting between the genders?

Please be open minded about this... it is not a place for marriage etc... it is a means of social networking, to make friends around the globe.
Is it good to have sisters showing off their pictures and brothers showing off their pictures to each other? Even if it is just to be freinds ?

If you have any questions, you may ask me on this thread as I am a staff member of the website and do represent it.
Why not create an Islamic Forum? That would be better and reduce the likiliness of fitnah much greater then creating a muslimspace. As you can see, here on LI forums, (as an example), brothers are like brothers with the brothers and the sisters with the sisters, and even between genders the relationship is clean without any type of fitnah.
We dont need to show our pictures to do this nor have our own profile etc. It can be done without.

Overall it isnt such a bad idea, but it isnt that much 'Islamic' than myspace.

Just my 2 cents.

:w:

Hisbul_Aziz
02-26-2006, 02:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Åhmed

I like the thinking, however opening another site which basically does the same thing isnt a good idea to get the muslim youth to spend there time beneficially.

Does that imply that the site endorses meeting between the genders?

Is it good to have sisters showing off their pictures and brothers showing off their pictures to each other? Even if it is just to be freinds ?

Why not create an Islamic Forum? That would be better and reduce the likiliness of fitnah much greater then creating a muslimspace. As you can see, here on LI forums, (as an example), brothers are like brothers with the brothers and the sisters with the sisters, and even between genders the relationship is clean without any type of fitnah.
We dont need to show our pictures to do this nor have our own profile etc. It can be done without.

Overall it isnt such a bad idea, but it isnt that much 'Islamic' than myspace.

Just my 2 cents.

yea all dat stuff he said

family
03-02-2006, 06:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by khadijah06
Assalamu alaikum

I have to agree with the brothers point. I looked at your site and i didnt really like what i saw. I think that in theory the site is a good idea, but when you can see pictures of sisters posing in there jilbabs and such ........ i dunno it just seems like another form of fitnah to me. Please don't take offence as this is just my opinion.

Masalaam
I also agree with the brother and sister.
Assalamu Alaikum

Falafel Eater
03-14-2006, 03:13 PM
Assalamu alaykum, please check out www.muslimspace.com
its really a Cool Site and its a lot nicer than any other blog / community page, because it is full of muslims from all over the world.

Plus you dont have any obscene or silly Profiles there, they seem to be strict with the moderation, you should see the registration procedure.. lol.

No, its not my website! :giggling:

Rabi'ya
03-14-2006, 03:15 PM
**thread moved**

will check it out inshAllah

Rabi'ya:rose:

Z
03-14-2006, 06:04 PM
Salaam.

Hasn't someone posted this website before? It's no different than MySpace, why not just use the original MySpace instead.

khadijah06
03-14-2006, 06:31 PM
Yeah, this has been posted before and i totally agree with the bro. There is no difference between this an myspace.

Mainul_Islam
03-15-2006, 03:36 AM

then maybe u dont see the difference between women (even men too) revealing their bodies (haraam), and women covering their bodies and head & men wearing clothes properly

myspace is full of flirting stuff

muslimspace keeps things halal

for those of u who have an account, add me: http://www.muslimspace.com/Mainul_Islam

salaam :)

Hinna
03-15-2006, 04:24 AM
neat site

aljawaad
03-15-2006, 04:34 AM
Thanks for the link

usamuslimah64
03-15-2006, 09:41 AM
Salam Alaykum...It is totally different than myspace in my opinion..I was getting all kinds of weirdo replies at myspace and its true that there are many bad things in myspace. Muslimspace is moderated..example..there was a shout box and some younger kids were almost gossiping so they closed the chat:-) I love the site:-)
Wa Salaam, susan

Z
03-15-2006, 04:59 PM
Salaam.

Actually I take back some of what I said earlier. It is like MySpace, but a lot better. It's better in the sense that it is controlled, and doesn't allow people to get too wild. Infact, it's a good alternative to MySpace and Hi5 etc.

It's just like a forum, but you get to add friends. Cool.

solid_snake
03-19-2006, 03:46 AM

http://muslimspace.com/

Issa
03-19-2006, 03:53 AM
what am i looking for here,bro?

solid_snake
03-19-2006, 03:54 AM
^^ lol it's the islamic version of myspace

Issa
03-19-2006, 04:13 AM
lol, that's what i thought. i don't know where to start...

Mainul_Islam
03-20-2006, 01:29 AM
just create an account, write blogs (similar to a diary (for guys too), but u want people to read it).. and upload whatever u want in the gallery (i.e. Islamic pics), customize ur page, etc... and add friends

u can start off by adding me: http://www.muslimspace.com/Mainul_Islam

there are 2 other streads about this site:
- http://www.islamicboard.com/exchange...cool-site.html
- http://www.islamicboard.com/exchange...e-muslims.html

al-fateh
05-19-2006, 05:58 PM
does anyone really use this?

Starseeker
05-19-2006, 06:00 PM
^^ Not that I know of

Umar001
05-19-2006, 06:04 PM
Some do are you sure this is the ISLAMIC version.
I think it might be the watered down version, but I don't think its the Full Islamic version.
Noone the less, I think it does say innapropiate pictures shouldnt be put up but there are so girls with head covers on and some guys showing jus under their belly button.

Salam ALeykum

Woodrow
05-19-2006, 06:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by solid_snake
LOL, I belong to over 20 groups there and started 6. It is fairly new. I think it has potential but some bugs need to be worked out. There are currently over 9000 members but seldom over 20 members online at a time. Only a handfull of members post on a regulat basis.

When I joined there was less then 100 members and less then 10 groups.

Like all sites some of the groups are good and beneficial and some of the groups are not very good.

At the moment, I do not think it is a good site for people that have no knowledge of Islam. There is not enough information available, yet for seerchers to benefit. However, some of the groups are very good for people with an understanding and are Muslim.

Umar001
05-19-2006, 06:18 PM
Yo woodrow I think I saw you man, your in the Muslims in the Army thread aite? Much love akhi

muslims100
01-18-2007, 05:02 PM
http://www.muslimspace.com is cool coz its like myspace but got muslims on

any of u lot there?

skhalid
01-18-2007, 05:15 PM
I am knw lol
Fanx 4 letin us know!!!!

Woodrow
01-18-2007, 05:17 PM
I'm over there and have a few open forums going. However, I am far from active.

I like the idea of what they are doing, however I think too many are using it as an opportunity to meet members of the opposite gender.

All in all it is a workable alternative to myspace and does seem to be filling a gap. It has only been up for about a year. When I joined there was less than 100 members. It has grown. Sadly not all of the growth has been constructive.

SUMMAYAH
01-18-2007, 05:19 PM
hey i might join....

FBI
01-18-2007, 05:19 PM

Pass your muslimspace links then.

Woodrow
01-18-2007, 06:07 PM
Here is my Muslimspace homepage:

http://www.muslimspace.com/Woodrow

I believe that has the various groups I belong to and the ones I started.

Like I said, I am no longer very active there.

Pk_#2
01-18-2007, 06:13 PM
Ahh man, i have to be a member to tax your pictures!

Anyways, i don't wana join it though

jazakhala anyways sis

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh!

tasha
01-18-2007, 08:19 PM
thats sounds cool, i never heard of it before. i'll check it out
salams

MusLiM 4 LiFe
01-18-2007, 08:33 PM
its confusin man

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-18-2007, 08:53 PM
yea i heard about it. i saw it wen i had regular space...umm i got permission for myspace, but i got rid of it. i didnt bother wit nemore pages.
my mom will mostly likely not agree to it. she's pretty strict bout stuff like that.

IbnAbdulHakim
01-18-2007, 09:01 PM
theres a beard appreciation blog ;D ;D LOL!!!!

al Amaanah
01-18-2007, 09:26 PM
^^ youre a big fan of zAk

limitless
01-18-2007, 10:38 PM
wow!! I am gonna join that :D JAZAKALLAH to you ;D!

Helena
01-18-2007, 10:50 PM
jazaks for that..i think am already joined..but i have joined again...

erm cool site sis....

muslims100
01-20-2007, 03:45 PM
yeh its nice site

muslims100
01-20-2007, 03:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Z
Salaam.

Hasn't someone posted this website before? It's no different than MySpace, why not just use the original MySpace instead.
because it's a muslimspace!

Naheezah
01-20-2007, 04:06 PM
some scholars issued fatwa abt this site...declaring it 2 be haraam ..because of intermingling of sexes...im a member there myself but hve nt been active l8ly...

Sabbir_1
01-20-2007, 04:15 PM
some scholars issued fatwa abt this site...declaring it 2 be haraam ..because of intermingling of sexes...im a member there myself but hve nt been active l8ly...
same can be said about forums, and these islamic chatrooms....

BlissfullyJaded
01-22-2007, 04:20 AM

*Threads Merged*

E'jaazi
05-03-2008, 07:15 AM
So far, this site is not too bad. I hope it stays that way!

www.muslimspace.com

truthforpeace
05-31-2008, 12:55 AM
cool idea!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.