/* */

PDA

View Full Version : "V for Vendetta" comments on treatment of Muslims

Lush
03-19-2006, 05:34 AM
I'm not sure how many of you have seen "V for Vendetta," or plan to see it, but I thought I'd point something out.

Of course, there are overt references to the Quran, to anti-Muslim bigotry, and so on. The film handles this gracefully.

I was, however, shocked into crying when I saw an image that was, essentially, Abu Ghraib come to life. It was only a brief shot, but it featured everything that is so profoundly disturbing about the phenomenon of detainee torture and abuse. It is a shot that features naked bodies, their heads draped with black hoods, writhing in agony.

I would encourage any conscientious person to see this movie, and ponder deeply its long-term projections regarding xenophobia, ethnic strife, government corruption, illegal war, and, above all else, the dehumanization of anyone who, for whatever reason, is "different."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hashim_507
03-19-2006, 05:38 AM
Its good movie...

Isaac
03-19-2006, 06:40 AM
Yeh i must admit its a pretty moving film, in the sense it covers alot of whats going on around the world today. it does require some concentration and vs words are pretty deep and so is the story line.

Michael Samuel
03-21-2006, 01:47 AM
Thanks to all of you for the information about the film.
I am embarrassed to admit that I have never read the graphic novel on which "V" is based, although I'm familiar with the plotline. From what you have said, it would be worth the ticket price to see rather than waiting for the DVD to arrive in stores.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
north_malaysian
03-21-2006, 07:03 AM
The movie is coming to Malaysian shores, cant wait to see it.:okay:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.