/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Try My Riddle

Z
03-19-2006, 02:31 PM
Salaam.

Ok, I don't want this merging with other riddle topics as it's going to serve a purpose slightly different to the rest. It's going to be just the one riddle, see if you can figure it.

There are two men who go into a cafe. One orders a coffee, the other orders nothing. Five minutes later person one who ordered the coffee walks out with his change from a £50 note. 10 minutes later, person two walks out with the exact same change.

How did person two also walk out with the exact same change?

Just to make clear, person two had no money. Person one only had a £50 note.

I'd appreacite it if people could just post possible answers, and not whether they've heard/read/seen this riddle.

Someone wanted a clue. I think with the types of answers we're getting, a clue is needed.

The answer is a very logical one. If the answer is played out in real life, it will actually happen. Now think, what are the odds that your answer can actually happen? Finding the exact same amount on the floor? Sticking up the cafe? Dropping the change?

I'll leave you guys to it.

Ok, so this is going to be very difficult. But who ever gets it, I shall hand a tenner over to them. No joke, a tenner to the one who gets it right.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rabi'ya
03-19-2006, 02:38 PM
when he entered the coffee shop he already had that amount of change in his pocket. the guy who bought the coffee started out with more money?

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

Z
03-19-2006, 02:40 PM
Salaam.

Wrong Rabiya.

Just to make clear, person two had no money. Person one only had a £50 note.

I'd appreacite it if people could just post possible answers, and not whether they've heard/read/seen this riddle.

Rabi'ya
03-19-2006, 02:45 PM
hmmm....between the 5 minutes that it took the second person to leave the first person came back...gave the second person the money and then he left too.

either that or he begged for a whole lotta money

maybe he raided the till and stole the same amount coz he felt poor ;)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Z
03-19-2006, 02:48 PM
Salaam.

Hmm, I see thinking caps are on Rabiya.

Anyway, rather than myself posting wrong each time, I'll post when the right answer is posted.

afriend
03-19-2006, 02:53 PM
ohh man.

Urm.......

P1 dropped the money wen he walked out, som1 picked it up from the street, and came into the cafe and sed who's money is this?

then P2 said it was his.

Z
03-19-2006, 03:49 PM
Salaam.

Ok, so this is going to be very difficult. But who ever gets it, I shall hand a tenner over to them. No joke, a tenner to the one who gets it right.

Not to mention, the loads more cash you'll be able to get if you get it right.

afriend
03-19-2006, 03:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Z
Salaam.

Not to mention, the loads more cash you'll be able to get if you get it right.
And how exactly is that tenner goin to reach me......

Surf thru the Web.

aamirsaab
03-19-2006, 03:51 PM
:sl:
Person 2 is the cashier/guy at the till - he didn't buy anything.
Person 1 did buy something with a 50 pound note.

The product cost £25 so each person would have the exact amount as each other.

Simple business transaction.

Z
03-19-2006, 03:52 PM
Salaam.

Mail, or you could give me a back account I could drop the money into.

Kittygyal
03-19-2006, 03:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
And how exactly is that tenner goin to reach me......

Surf thru the Web.

;D ;D

i think bro Z is saying this so people can answer it more :X ;D

take care

aamirsaab
03-19-2006, 03:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
;D ;D

i think bro Z is saying this so people can answer it more :X ;D

take care
That is a method called insentive.

Z
03-19-2006, 03:53 PM
Salaam.

Ha, no.

I first offered brother Farhan a tenner if he gets it. But it's only fair if I'd be willing to give it to anyone who gets it right.

afriend
03-19-2006, 03:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
Person 2 is the cashier/guy at the till - he didn't buy anything.
Person 1 did buy something with a 50 pound note.

The product cost £25 so each person would have the exact amount as each other.

Simple business transaction.
Wow...I'm impressed.....

how, more like WHERE did u get that answer from?

Far7an
03-19-2006, 03:55 PM

'Tis true, he did offer me. And brother Z is a man of his word, so if he said he'll give you a tenner, he will.

Kittygyal
03-19-2006, 03:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab

That is a method called insentive.

yea i kinda know bro:giggling:

back on topic before bro Z kill us :X

take care

aamirsaab
03-19-2006, 03:56 PM
It's quite simple really bro Iqram. Most riddles try to throw you off with how they are dressed. This one was no different except he did give a very good clue:
The answer is a very logical one. If the answer is played out in real life, it will actually happen.

Z
03-19-2006, 03:58 PM
Salaam.

Like I said, I will say who got it right.

And this isn't just a riddle, it's way more.

afriend
03-19-2006, 04:01 PM
Salaam.

Like I said, I will say who got it right.

And this isn't just a riddle, it's way more.
So it's wrong?

Snowflake
03-19-2006, 04:23 PM
salam

ummm person 1 bumps into person 2 in the cafe. Person two asks person 1 to lend him some money. Person 1 buys coffee and splits the change between the two of them.

e.g.the coffee cost £1.00 and person one was left with £49

He gave the other man £24.50 and was left with the same amount himself.. so they both left with the same change :?

that must be right lol :happy:

afriend
03-19-2006, 04:34 PM
OH COME ON Z

Give us 1 more clue!

Silver Pearl
03-19-2006, 07:52 PM
As person 1 was getting there money they got more from the guy at the till, so he gave him 50 quid plus his change. Person 1 gave person 2 the 50 quid and left and thus person 2 ordered and paid. Hmm….tricky indeed.

:wasalamex

life
03-20-2006, 05:19 AM
Person 2 is waiter in the café ..person 1 gave order for the coffee that would cost him 30 pound for example ……. p1 get back 20 pound change ….p1 gave 10 pound to the p2 in tip and another 10 pound he keep for himself..:?

Z
03-21-2006, 12:33 PM
Salaam.

The answer does include a waiter, but not as mentioned in the above post. Now there's another clue.

The tenner is still in my desk, so it's still on.

Mohsin
03-21-2006, 02:53 PM
Maybe Person 2's a regular in the shop and was owed money by the waiter or something.
Person 1 orders coffee, gets change, and gives btip of say £25 leaving himself with £20, and Person 2 who is owed the money from the waiter gets the moeny

Or Person 2 is the waiter, and Person 1 gives him a tip of half what he had because they are friends or something, or he owes him himself

Or the only other answer i can think of is Person 1 buys more than just a coffee, he buys other food as well, and ends up with £2 change in the end, tips the waiter £1 and so they end up with £1 each

sapphire
03-22-2006, 03:10 AM
ermm person 2 could have been paid his wage for wrkin and it was the same amount as wht person one was left with ? :?

(i kno silly but dnt hurt to try :-[)

[will keep thinking in the mean time....]

Mohsin
03-22-2006, 02:14 PM
Are any of us close, who's come closest so far so that we know which direction to go in

Z
03-25-2006, 02:06 PM
Salaam.

So I'm guessing you've all given up. Still, the prize remains.

Kittygyal
03-25-2006, 02:08 PM
bro it's abit hard oh lord my brains not in the gear :giggling:

take care

Z
03-25-2006, 02:09 PM
Salaam.

You mean you've tried searching Google for it and it isn't there.

Kittygyal
03-25-2006, 02:12 PM
Salaam.

You mean you've tried searching Google for it and it isn't there.

no don't be silly :giggling: :giggling: it's just *cough* :okay: my brain is not in gear tho :rollseyes :rollseyes

take care

Cheb
03-25-2006, 02:20 PM
The 2 guys get into a fight. The first beats up the second guy until he knocks him out. The second guy is on the floor bleeding from the mouth. The first guy then takes his 50 dollar bill, asks for change then takes a 5 dollar bill along with a 20, throws them on the guys face and says "wipe yourself, you're bleeding". The tender too scared to ask for money, lets the man walk out without paying. Now they both have $25 each. ;)
Woho I solved it.
How did you guys not see this scenario. Come on now...It was a piece of cake !! :okay:

lol my imagination is going wild again.... help! ;D :brother:

Muslim Soldier
03-26-2006, 04:48 PM
1. The first person orders coffee worth lets say 4 quid. He sees his creditor person 2. So Person 1 pays person 2, twenty three pounds and goes out with the same amount. (Why he gave £23, I dont know). Ten minutes letter p2 comes out.

or

2. P1 gets change and gives half to the beggar P2

or

3.P1 come sout with £46 as change and then gives P1 the same amount through a window.
Exact same change meaning the same notes.

or

4.P1 is a client of lawyer P2. P1 comes out with £46 then pays p2 the same amount as service charges

------
03-26-2006, 04:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cheb
The 2 guys get into a fight. The first beats up the second guy until he knocks him out. The second guy is on the floor bleeding from the mouth. The first guy then takes his 50 dollar bill, asks for change then takes a 5 dollar bill along with a 20, throws them on the guys face and says "wipe yourself, you're bleeding". The tender too scared to ask for money, lets the man walk out without paying. Now they both have $25 each. ;)
Woho I solved it.
How did you guys not see this scenario. Come on now...It was a piece of cake !! :okay:

lol my imagination is going wild again.... help! ;D :brother:
LOL!! :giggling:

The Ruler
03-26-2006, 04:53 PM
cud it b dat 1 owed da oda :?

Muslim Soldier
03-26-2006, 04:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tagrid
cud it b dat 1 owed da oda :?

thats what i posted :)

------
03-26-2006, 04:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Soldier
1. The first person orders coffee worth lets say 4 quid. He sees his creditor person 2. So Person 1 pays person 2, twenty three pounds and goes out with the same amount. (Why he gave £23, I dont know). Ten minutes letter p2 comes out.

or

or

3.P1 come sout with £46 as change and then gives P1 the same amount through a window.
[CODE=Z]How did person two also walk out with the exact same change?[/CODE] Exact same change meaning the same notes.

or

4.P1 is a client of lawyer P2. P1 comes out with £46 then pays p2 the same amount as service charges
Very gud ideaz :p

Cheb
03-26-2006, 05:02 PM

or

or

[CODE=Z]How did person two also walk out with the exact same change?[/CODE] Exact same change meaning the same notes.

or

hehe good ideas but nope, nope, nope, and nope.
PS: I didnt figure it out, I have just seen this before already ;)

Musaafirah
03-26-2006, 05:03 PM
hehe good ideas but nope, nope, nope, and nope.
PS: I didnt figure it out, I have just seen this before already ;)
any clues bro? plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :X

Cheb
03-26-2006, 05:05 PM
lol tryin to cheat behind Z's back ?
Sorry this is his thread so I will leave the clues to him. :)

The Ruler
03-26-2006, 05:19 PM
thats what i posted :)
kk...is jus dat i dint understand :X....

bro Z is der any oda possible clues dat u cud giv us plzzz :)

Z
03-27-2006, 11:23 AM
Salaam.

No correct answers so far. Not even close. And no more clues, sorry.

And Cheb, don't act like you know this, because you don't.

------
03-27-2006, 11:24 AM
How do u know he doesn't?!

Z
03-27-2006, 11:25 AM
Salaam.

Wow, you are stupid aren't you.

But if he did, he would've said the correct answer and won the tenner.

------
03-27-2006, 11:27 AM
Salaam.

Wow, you are stupid aren't you.

But if he did, he would've said the correct answer and won the tenner.
Who are you to call me stupid? Get a life. Jeez.

Z
03-27-2006, 11:27 AM
Salaam.

The one who just did. Now post a possible answer, or move on.

Cheb
03-27-2006, 12:31 PM
Salaam.

No correct answers so far. Not even close. And no more clues, sorry.

And Cheb, don't act like you know this, because you don't.
Please dont assume things. I have already seen this before and I am not "acting" like I know it. I already do. Out of respect for your wishes I didnt say the answer. So please stop being a pompous ass and try being more poilte.

------
03-27-2006, 12:34 PM
Please dont assume things. I have already seen this before and I am not "acting" like I know it. I already do. Out of respect for your wishes I didnt say the answer. So please stop being a pompous ass and try being more poilte.
:giggling: Gud one bro :giggling:

Z
03-27-2006, 12:34 PM
Salaam.

Oh really. I don't recall wishing for anything other than someone posting the correct answer. Now since you didn't, it's only natural to assume you're just fooling around.

Mohsin
03-27-2006, 12:36 PM
Guys come on now, we're muslims. we should'nt be behaving in such ways.

Cheb a tenners on offer, why don't you prove Z wrong and prove you know it

Z, i don't think anyone's gonna get it, so you might aswell tell us the answer :happy:

Cheb
03-27-2006, 12:47 PM
The funny thing is, that he posted this thread before and someone gave the correct answer. That is actually how I know the answer.
And YES I was fooling around. It doesnt take a genius to figure that out.
I thought you would actually appreciate the fact that i did not give the answer nor any clues. That and calling another "stupid" resulted in my comment about you being a pompous ass. Just in case you are wondering.
And no I wont spoil his special thread for him. You guys figure out the answer.

Z
03-27-2006, 12:51 PM
Salaam.

Cheb my dear brother, I think you must've woken up on the wrong side of the bed today. I have not posted this before, and I don't think it's even been posted on the Internet ever before. I'm sure everyone's tried Google, and there's not been a single close answer even - so I can't help but think that even Google has let them down today.

Didn't see your reply their Moss, sorry. I think this topic will stay open till someone gets it. Might aswell, this tenner's not going anywhere now, too late for that.

Sister_6038
03-27-2006, 01:17 PM
ok so are they both the same guy?

Z
03-27-2006, 01:19 PM
Salaam.

Ha, so obvious. But no, that's not correct Islam F. Sorry.

Sister_6038
03-27-2006, 01:21 PM
wsalaam
lolol ok...dont worry im gonna print this out and will try and solve it without any help...the answer is probs so blatant that everyone fails to see bro

Z
03-27-2006, 01:26 PM
Salaam.

You reckon? Well best of luck to you then. Just don't forget to read all of my replies in this topic to get the tips I've given out too.

I shall be awaiting your next answer then.

Mohsin
03-27-2006, 01:31 PM
Salaam.

Cheb my dear brother, I think you must've woken up on the wrong side of the bed today. I have not posted this before, and I don't think it's even been posted on the Internet ever before. I'm sure everyone's tried Google, and there's not been a single close answer even - so I can't help but think that even Google has let them down today.

Didn't see your reply their Moss, sorry. I think this topic will stay open till someone gets it. Might aswell, this tenner's not going anywhere now, too late for that.

Br come on no one's gonna get it! We'll be here for ages, at least give us another clue, to get us in the right direction

Cheb, i don't know which of you two are telling the truth, but if you are, then why don't you prove you're not lieing by telling us the answer!!! :happy:

Cheb
03-27-2006, 01:33 PM
Just a misunderstanding.
Please dont infer that I may have been lying.
Peace.

Z
03-27-2006, 01:34 PM
Salaam.

Moss, think my son. Ok, one last hint. Person 2 sat at the same table as person 1.

Sister_6038
03-27-2006, 01:34 PM
ok waiter...hmm got something to do with waiter giving the change...deffoo...erm any more clues bro

Z
03-27-2006, 01:46 PM
Salaam.

I wouldn't normally do this, but too add to the last hint I gave, it does include the waiter giving the change.

So person 2 sits at the same table as person 1, and the waiter is the same who served person 1.

Sister_6038
03-27-2006, 01:51 PM
you said exact same change did person two walk out with the exact same change i.e none cos he ordered nothing and he didnt have any money...and person one walked out with the exact same change from his coffee?

Z
03-27-2006, 03:13 PM
Salaam.

That's not correct either. Sorry.

And like I said, I'll let you know who has the correct answer when posted.

Sister_6038
03-27-2006, 03:14 PM
thank u
now i kno i was wrong so i can try again :D

Mohsin
03-27-2006, 05:53 PM
Just a misunderstanding.
Please dont infer that I may have been lying.
Peace.

Lol bro i wasn't, i don't know you at all so i can't make such a judgement. But i find it weird though that you know of this riddle even nthough he hasn't posted it before

Cheb
03-27-2006, 07:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Moss
Lol bro i wasn't, i don't know you at all so i can't make such a judgement. But i find it weird though that you know of this riddle even nthough he hasn't posted it before
Like I said, it was a misunderstanding. I really dont like it when people jump to conclusions.
I am not really talking about you though.

Z
03-28-2006, 02:44 PM
Salaam.

Good, but not correct. You're on the right tracks though Alphabetaperson.

Mohsin
03-28-2006, 02:44 PM
Person 1 and Person 2 are twins
So the waiter forgot that he'd already given change to person 1, so gave it to 2 aswell

Z
03-28-2006, 02:53 PM
Salaam.

Don't forget Moss that one of the hints were that if your possible answer was to be played in real life, it'll work each time 100%. What are the chances that everyone has a twin? Very slim.

Mohsin
03-28-2006, 03:03 PM
Something to do with a bet or a dare then?

Z
03-28-2006, 03:06 PM
Salaam.

Not quite a bet or a dare, but you're bearing even closer to the answer now.

Sister_6038
03-28-2006, 03:12 PM
im gettin there.....nearly :D:D

Muslim Soldier
03-28-2006, 03:22 PM
ok how about
p1 goes out and accidentally forgts half the change.
the waiter seeing that he sat with p2 gives him the change to give his p1

Mohsin
03-28-2006, 04:13 PM
Are person 1 and 2 brothers

Z
03-28-2006, 04:18 PM
Salaam.

Cheeky Moss, no more clues.

I think if you was to go back and re-read this whole topic, then give it some clear thoughts, the answer will be obvious. It won't be banging in your face, but somewhat obvoius.

I can't keep this tenner here much longer. I'm tempting to spend it.

The Ruler
03-28-2006, 05:32 PM
I can't keep this tenner here much longer. I'm tempting to spend it.
put it in a small bank n save it up for da cleva person hu gets da riddle....:happy: :)

afriend
03-29-2006, 08:21 PM
I don't think i'm gonna ever get it......

:(

Kittygyal
03-29-2006, 08:22 PM
bro just gave the answer now please we don't know :p

take care

Mohsin
03-30-2006, 01:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
bro just gave the answer now please we don't know :p

take care

Yes put us out of our misery, i keep thinking about it, ima be so annoyed if it was gettable when u tell us the answer

Z
03-30-2006, 02:36 PM
Salaam.

Y'all just need to try a little harder. Besides, I wouldn't feel right keeping this tenner for myself now after all this.

Muslim Soldier
03-30-2006, 03:25 PM
DONY give the answer we will think

life
03-30-2006, 03:34 PM
Alright assuming that p1 and p2 are friends as p2 had no money so p1 ordered 2 cups of coffee one for his friend (p2) and one for himself ......... and ends up with 4 pounds change in the end. And those 4 pounds he gave to the waiter in tips…………..

So when they got out of the café neither of them had money……….since p1 spent whole £50 note and p2 hadn’t have money at the first place……………

Does it make sense :rollseyes:

Mohsin
03-30-2006, 04:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by life
Alright assuming that p1 and p2 are friends as p2 had no money so p1 ordered 2 cups of coffee one for his friend (p2) and one for himself ......... and ends up with 4 pounds change in the end. And those 4 pounds he gave to the waiter in tips…………..

So when they got out of the café neither of them had money……….since p1 spent whole £50 note and p2 hadn’t have money at the first place……………

Does it make sense :rollseyes:

Hmm its a good answer but 2 cups of coffee give more than £4.00 change from a £50 note, and Brother Z says its realistic

But yeah thats the most realsitic answer to me. P2 comes in later than P1, they are mates, P1 orders 2 cups of tea, they know the waiter since susually peopel go to coffee shops regularly, they probably owe him money, so all the change goes to the waiter, so they both leave with nothing.

I challenge Z to prove from his clues how i can be wrong, my answer fits and it is realsitic. It might not be the answer he had in mind but theres so many possible answers with such an ambigious question ;) Lol hint hint i want more clues! ;D

Z
03-30-2006, 04:16 PM
Salaam.

No, because if you have no money on you, then it isn't possible to have any change. No money = empty pockets = no change. Both person 1 and 2 walked out with change.

Mohsin
03-30-2006, 04:34 PM
Salaam.

No, because if you have no money on you, then it isn't possible to have any change. No money = empty pockets = no change. Both person 1 and 2 walked out with change.

Damn! :grumbling

Muslim Soldier
03-30-2006, 04:56 PM
its not good to curse

Sister_6038
03-30-2006, 06:55 PM
bro i think its got something to do with the waiter giving change to both p1 and p2

Z
03-30-2006, 07:39 PM
Salaam.

Ofcourse it does, we've already said that. But can you figure out how person 1 and 2 both get the same amount of change from the waiter though?

Sister_6038
03-30-2006, 07:42 PM
p1 gets his change from his £50 after having his coffe
and p2 gets exact same change as hes an employee collecting his wages?

Z
03-30-2006, 07:43 PM
Salaam.

Not correct, sorry. Remember one of the hints I gave was that the solution was very realistic and would work 100% each and every time.

Sister_6038
03-30-2006, 07:45 PM
ok bro so how bout if u copy and paste all the clues you have given so far and put them in a single thread?!!? :D:D

Z
03-30-2006, 07:52 PM
Salaam.

Riddle
There are two men who go into a cafe. One orders a coffee, the other orders nothing. Five minutes later person one who ordered the coffee walks out with his change from a £50 note. 10 minutes later, person two walks out with the exact same change.

Notes
Just to make clear, person two had no money. Person one only had a £50 note. (When they walked in.)

The answer is a very logical one. If the answer is played out in real life, it will actually happen. Now think, what are the odds that your answer can actually happen? Finding the exact same amount on the floor? Sticking up the cafe? Dropping the change?

Ok, one last hint. Person 2 sat at the same table as person 1.

I wouldn't normally do this, but to add to the last hint I gave, it does include the waiter giving the change.

...your possible answer was to be played in real life, it'll work each time 100%. What are the chances that everyone has a twin? Very slim.

No money = empty pockets = no change. Both person 1 and 2 walked out with change.

Sister_6038
03-30-2006, 08:17 PM
maybe the waiter was silly and gave p1 his change and then confused p2 for p1 and gave him the exact same change as p1?!?! i dnt knoo....im uselesss

Z
03-30-2006, 08:48 PM
Salaam.

Once again, you're forgetting the realness of the possible answer.

DaSangarTalib
03-30-2006, 08:49 PM
This seems too difficult im not even gonna bother with it :)

Sister_6038
03-30-2006, 08:50 PM
ok just one more clue plz bro

sonz
03-30-2006, 09:52 PM
salama

i think u got the answer lol

man 2 has a creditcard and uses the card to buy cofee but he also requests to for cash back.

am i right???

Snowflake
03-31-2006, 08:40 AM
first man orders coffee, second man enters and joins him at same table. When the waiter brings the bill, the first man gives him a £50 note. waiter comes back with half the change, saying he will have to get more change. The first man takes half the change and tells the waiter to give the rest of the change to person 2 who he knows, and then leaves as he is in a hurry. The waiter then comes back with the rest of the same amount of change and gives it to person two, who then leaves with the same amount as did person one. :?

this is my last guess :rollseyes

aamirsaab
03-31-2006, 08:51 AM
Person 2 is an identical twin of Person 1. Person 1 gets his change and leaves. Person 2 says: hey, i didn't get my change. The waiter thinks person 2 is person 1 (cus he's a twin) and so gives him the change.

Snowflake
03-31-2006, 08:53 AM
lol crafty! :giggling:

Z
03-31-2006, 06:55 PM
Salaam.

No correct answers, sorry. Try and read the notes I posted too.

Kittygyal
03-31-2006, 06:57 PM
bro just gave us the answer!

take care

Z
04-04-2006, 05:53 PM
Salaam.

As much as I'd like to give the answer and keep the tenner for myself, I won't. But anyway, I'll drop another clue.

The banknote which person 1 paid the waiter with plays a huge part in the possible answer.

Once again, here's another rundown of the whole topic.

Salaam.

Riddle

Notes
Just to make clear, person two had no money. Person one only had a £50 note. (When they walked in.)

I wouldn't normally do this, but to add to the last hint I gave, it does include the waiter giving the change.

...your possible answer was to be played in real life, it'll work each time 100%. What are the chances that everyone has a twin? Very slim.

No money = empty pockets = no change. Both person 1 and 2 walked out with change.

The banknote which person 1 paid the waiter with plays a huge part in the possible answer.

Mohsin
04-04-2006, 06:03 PM
That clue don't mean anything to me!
Lol I miss the 24 number game, i was good at it!

50 pound notes are rare anyway, i don't know what they look like

Kittygyal
04-04-2006, 06:04 PM
bro Z just spill the beans :p

take care

muslimah4life
04-04-2006, 06:10 PM
salaams
ive heard this one a fellow class mate told my ict teacher last thursday

Z
04-04-2006, 06:12 PM
Salaam.

Moss, it could be a £20 note. Whichever, it doesn't really matter.

Rabi'ya
04-04-2006, 06:17 PM
Salaam.

Riddle

Notes

ok my final guess i think.....

Person 1(who had the money) bought person 2 the coffee. person 1 gives person 2 the £50 to pay for the coffee and the waiter gives the change to person 2. Person 2 lies to person 1 about how much the change was and only gives him half...thus when he walks outta the shop they both have the same amount....

lol, thought iwas onto something but the more i wrote the more it sounded wrong.

oh well....i tried...

10p for my efforts??:giggling: ....hmmmmm.....spaceraiders;)

Z
04-04-2006, 06:30 PM
Salaam.

That's really not a bad answer there, but if you go through it again, you can see the flaws.

If you're serious, I can snail mail over a picked flavoured Space Raider's packet if you want. Better yet, try again for the tenner.

Mohsin
04-04-2006, 06:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah4life
salaams
ive heard this one a fellow class mate told my ict teacher last thursday

sister tell us the answer then, theres as tenner up for grabs for you

Rabi'ya
04-04-2006, 06:38 PM
hmmm, spaceraiders wud be good tho, im a bit hungry(peckish) lol, ummm, cant be bothered anymore, i knew after i wrote it that it was wrong...lol

Mohsin
04-04-2006, 06:38 PM
I was just thinking, Z you keep saying its realistic, well someone going to a coffee shop with a £50 note is quite unrealistic

Z
04-04-2006, 06:41 PM
Salaam.

Not at all. If you was to find out what exacty this riddle is, you'll understand why. Ofcourse, you'll need to get the answer for that.

Mohsin
04-04-2006, 06:43 PM
well could you tell us how much the coffee cost?

Z
04-04-2006, 06:45 PM
Salaam.

Come on, again that doesn't really have anything to do with the actual answer.

If I must, for the sake of it, the coffee cost £1.50. The coffee was paid for with a £50, or even a £20 note, whichever. Like I said, it doesn't really matter.

Muslim Soldier
04-05-2006, 02:57 PM
ok I got it :giggling: :giggling:

Guy 1 gets change £48.5 + y
he gets up after 5 mins

Guy 2 gets change x
he gets up after 10 mins

now since guy 1 and 2 both have same amount, then
x= £48.5 + y

who can have paid the x and y and why?

The waiter of course!!!:happy: :okay:

you see guy 1 and 2 are lawyers, or atleast guy 2 is a lawyer
as he waited for 10 mins he is given that much money for consulatation charges

preety simple eh?? :) :)

Mohsin
04-05-2006, 03:08 PM
Z, i'm sure when we do find out the answer we will realise how amazing it was, but nobody here seems good enough to get it, so why not spill the beans. at least give us some kind of deadline, and if we don't get it by then you have to tell us

Muslim Soldier
04-05-2006, 05:48 PM
my answer is right

Kittygyal
04-05-2006, 05:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Moss
Z, i'm sure when we do find out the answer we will realise how amazing it was, but nobody here seems good enough to get it, so why not spill the beans. at least give us some kind of deadline, and if we don't get it by then you have to tell us

yea bro agree with you :happy:

so bro Z spill the beans then :okay:

take care

Kittygyal
04-05-2006, 05:51 PM
my answer is right

isit:? :? are you sure:rollseyes

take care

Mohsin
04-05-2006, 06:12 PM
Guy 1 gets change x
he gets up after 10 mins

Do you mean Guy 2, or do u eman guy 1 on both occasions

Either way this is a riddle, and there is nothing special about your answer in that regard, and its meant to be realistic enough to happen everyday, and your solution seems very unlikely

I dunno, allah hu aalim, it may be right, but z has led us to believe its a super hard riddle, if your answer is right, the riddles been a waste of time

Kittygyal
04-05-2006, 06:14 PM
omg! why dun't bro Z just spill it out! :p

take care

Z
04-06-2006, 07:57 PM
Salaam.

You're forgetting about the banknote. The one which was used to pay for the only coffee bought. It's to do with the note. This is the biggest clue ever. If you don't get it now, God help you.

Someone has to have this tenner. It wouldn't feel right for me at all to take it back.

Oh, and whoever said a class mate of theirs was talking about the same riddle, most likely they're lying. Why bother.

aamirsaab
04-07-2006, 07:01 AM
Ok after person 1 buys the coffee he gets his change (from a banknote). person 2 knows him and is owed money by person 1. Half of that change given to person 1 from purchasing the coffee is given to person 2 to repay the debt.

Muslim Soldier
04-07-2006, 08:09 AM
Well Z said that the banknote used plays an important part.
Since we are talking about change, do NOT consider the whole 50 quid.
Consider only part of it

Z
04-07-2006, 10:39 PM
Salaam.

You're both right and wrong Muslim Soldier. The banknote is the whole carrier of this riddle. Figure out what role it plays, and the rest will all fall into place. The timings, the waiter, and the change. The banknote connects them all.

I still have the tenner here, although I'm getting very tempted to spend it now.

Z
04-07-2006, 10:47 PM
Salaam.

To con is Haraam. I got a bad telling off when I was 8 or so, ever since I've let go of doing it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.