/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Serious case of hair loss

afriend
03-19-2006, 05:55 PM
:sl:

Does anybody know what to do for a terrible case of hair loss?

Everytime i touch my hair, hair always falls out......

HELP!!!!:skeleton:

Jazakallah in advance!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
03-19-2006, 06:02 PM
Salaam

Take a good look at your dad If he's gone bald then you'll probably will to

afriend
03-19-2006, 06:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Salaam

:'(

:mad:

:(

I heard there was a way to counter it.

- Qatada -
03-19-2006, 06:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Salaam

:wasalamex

no no bro. for the son, u gota check the mothers side - so if your mom's dad had hair problems (especially at a early age) - then you may get the same symptoms. wa Allaahu ta'aala a'lam. though, (Allaah Almighty knows best.)

:salamext:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
afriend
03-19-2006, 06:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

no no bro. for the son, u gota check the mothers side - so if your mom's dad had hair problems (especially at a early age) - then you may get the same symptoms. wa Allaahu ta'aala a'lam. though, (Allaah Almighty knows best.)

Jazakallah 4 letin me know.

this just keeps on getting worser and worser as I go along........

- Qatada -
03-19-2006, 06:16 PM

Don't worry, your na an old man yet, so its got a chance to grow back insha'Allaah.

So its proli to do with your diet, like a deficiency in vitaminz. You proli got a shortage in iron, zinc etc.

Iron - lots of meats; Chicken, tuna, turkey, chicken liver and stuff like that - i think mainly meats. Spinach also helps out alot insha'Allaah.

Zinc - (if you don't have the right amount, u can get hair loss) - good food sources include beans, nuts, certain seafood, whole grains, fortified breakfast cereals, and dairy products.

You can check this link out for more info. about what vitamins you may need, and which type of people need them, and in what foods you can find them.

http://ods.od.nih.gov/Health_Informa...ct_Sheets.aspx

Also remember to cut back from using the gel or the brylcream, or the hairspray. These are most likely to mess your hair up bad. Instead, get some olive oil (not too much) and rub it in your hair before you go sleep, and when you wake up - wash it out, and do this for abit, you'll realise the benefits soon insha'Allaah.

Remember the most powerful weapon is dua' though, so don't give up hope insha'Allaah. Its only a test from Allaah azawajal.

wa Allaahu ta'aala a'lam. (and Allaah Almighty knows best.)

afriend
03-19-2006, 06:24 PM
Jazakallah bro...

u always get me the most inmportant info that's needed.....

Alhamdulillah 4 havin u back.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
03-19-2006, 06:28 PM
Hair loss could be down to alot of things. One reason a for hairloss is chlorine, having too much chlorine in drinking water can be the cause also using it when you wash your hair could be another reason for it, do you go swimming??

Chlorine and Hair Loss

Q: I've experienced an unusual amount of hair loss in the last month. My thick hair looks much thinner and the part appears wider. My scalp also feels sensitive, but I'm not sure if that's psychosomatic because I'm so freaked out about the hair loss. My diet hasn't changed in the last few months, but I did take up swimming on a regular basis. I suspect my sudden hair loss is due to not taking proper care of my hair after swimming, but I'm not sure. If this is true and chlorine is the culprit, will my hair ever grow back? What can I do to treat it? Is it possible I have an allergy to chlorine?

Thanks, H.S.

Dr. Donnica: I am answering your question more as a former competitive swimmer (for more than 10 years!) than as a physician. Yes, chlorine allergies and sensitivities are possible, but chlorine is also harmful to all people, even if they don't have allergies. The most important thing is to make sure that the pool you're using checks their chlorine levels properly and has good ventilation. "Swimmers' hair" is classically bleached in color (blondes can even turn greenish!), brittle, and dry. Scalp tingling or discomfort is not uncommon. I recommend that you take a soap shower immediately after using the pool and to wash your hair with a special shampoo for swimmers and follow that with a good conditioner. Bathing caps help a lot. Some women also put conditioner in their hair before swimming and they say that this helps; I don't have any proof of this though.

I hope this helps! The good news is that swimming is great exercise. The bad news is that if you're using a Jacuzzi/hot tub afterwards, it often contains much higher levels of chlorine.

Best regards,
Donnica L. Moore, MD
President, DrDonnica.com
My friend had his hair problem by using laser surgery it was expensive but worked for him, he was prescribed tablet to unblock his hair routes also.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
03-19-2006, 06:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

Remember the most powerful weapon is dua' though, so don't give up hope insha'Allaah. Its only a test from Allaah azawajal.

wa Allaahu ta'aala a'lam. (and Allaah Almighty knows best.)

agreeed :thumbs_up

Kittygyal
03-19-2006, 06:32 PM
it depends on also what shampoo you use :)

take care

HeiGou
03-19-2006, 06:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
I heard there was a way to counter it.
My condolences. It is a tragedy - but remember Patrick Stewart was bald at 19 and is has not held him back. Well not too much. You too might go on to command the Starship Enterprise.

OK, More seriously, it is an awful problem and I do feel for your problem.

There are two drugs on the market that might be able to do something. Finasteride (marketed in the U.S. as Propecia) and minoxidil (marketed in the U.S. as Rogaine) have been shown to either reverse, to some extent, or at least halt the progression of male pattern baldness. If you are in the UK, Regaine is available in chemists and it is, I think, shampoo you have to use twice a day. Propecia is a tablet which you should take once a day. Both are extremely expensive (as they are new and their main customers are rich old guys) and while I wouldn't suggest you go on-line and buy them cheaply from India, you can go on-line and buy them cheaply from India.

Propecia certainly has high success rates, but it is not a cure. You stop taking it and you lose whatever ground you have kept. It is also extremely dangerous for women who are, or who may become, pregnant. It causes defects in male fetuses apparently. Women should not even touch it or the packaging it comes in. Seriously.

That aside, there is some suggestion that baldness is linked to a yeast that grows on peoples' scalps. Reduce fatty food and especially junk food.

It appears that exercise helps reduce the progression, but it has to be aerobic, so no weight training (which may boost testosterone and make the problem worse).

If nothing else works, try to remember it is caused by very high levels of testosterone - the male hormone - which is why it rarely affects women. You pay a price for that, but then Eunuchs never go bald.

The Ruler
03-19-2006, 06:45 PM
do u v dandruff....i no it cud b personal...but hey! i had it too n ma hair used to fall out loads...but usin pantene made it go away...n now am fine :)...it first started wen i went to Bangladesh de o da change of climate n water :(

:w:

afriend
03-19-2006, 06:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tagrid
do u v dandruff....i no it cud b personal...but hey! i had it too n ma hair used to fall out loads...but usin pantene made it go away...n now am fine :)...it first started wen i went to Bangladesh de o da change of climate n water :(

Yes..........:rollseyes

Annoying dandruff........

It just wont go away...no matter what i try.......

The Ruler
03-19-2006, 06:51 PM
hmmm...try brushin ur hair wid dose big hair brushes...brush ur hair a bit hard so dat d teeth goes digs ur skin...it doesnt hurt at all cuz dose teeth r round at da ends...n den v a gd bath wid warm water n shampoo ur hair...dat shud help :)

afriend
03-19-2006, 06:53 PM
hmmm...try brushin ur hair wid dose big hair brushes...brush ur hair a bit hard so dat d teeth goes digs ur skin...it doesnt hurt at all cuz dose teeth r round at da ends...n den v a gd bath wid warm water n shampoo ur hair...dat shud help :)

Thnx!!

Will try that nxt time........

HeiGou
03-19-2006, 06:55 PM
Yes..........:rollseyes

Annoying dandruff........

It just wont go away...no matter what i try.......
Supposedly baldness is linked to a yeast infection, as I mentioned, which also caused dandruff.

Stop eating anything fatty or anything that might make your skin oily. Wash your hair regularly. Try eating more probiotic yogurts. Keep away from beer and bread. I would seriously consider cutting my hair very short and trying to get some more sun.

However it may be a more serious problem - diabetics are more prone to yeast infections. If you're over-weight I would consider having a blood test anyway.

Kittygyal
03-19-2006, 06:56 PM

;D ;D ;D

bro you should go to the doctor....

take care

The Ruler
03-19-2006, 06:56 PM
Thnx!!

my pleasure :)

but i jus hope it wrks :)

format_quote Originally Posted by hei Gou
from beer and bread
we dont v beer...its haram in our religion....jus to let u no :)

afriend
03-19-2006, 06:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
;D ;D ;D

bro you should go to the doctor....

take care
Dun 'n dusted!

i don't trust his decision, he sez it's stress!

Kittygyal
03-19-2006, 07:00 PM
yea it may be is stress
also it happens if change your shampoo some may not be good for you or comb your hair regulary...

how big are you hair?

take care

afriend
03-19-2006, 07:01 PM
how big are you hair?

take care
Short!

Had it cut really short last wek.

The Ruler
03-19-2006, 07:01 PM
Dun 'n dusted!

i don't trust his decision, he sez it's stress!
u neva sound lyk ur stressed :giggling: hyper more lyk :rollseyes ;D

afriend
03-19-2006, 07:02 PM
u neva sound lyk ur stressed :giggling: hyper more lyk :rollseyes ;D

Hyper?

U must b jokin!

I'm not allowed 2 b.........Or my parents will make me go to Bangladesh and work in the farms.......

My house is military skool.

The Ruler
03-19-2006, 07:02 PM
oh yea 4 got 1 more fing....neva brush ur hair after u v a bath or a shower....only brush wen its dry....cuz if u brush/comb it wen its wet, the roots of r hair bcum weaker :)

afriend
03-19-2006, 07:03 PM
oh yea 4 got 1 more fing....neva brush ur hair after u v a bath or a shower....only brush wen its dry....cuz if u brush/comb it wen its wet, the roots of r hair bcum weaker :)

woah!

Man.........i got to stop doin that.........

I didn't know that.

The Ruler
03-19-2006, 07:03 PM
Hyper?

U must b jokin!

I'm not allowed 2 b.........Or my parents will make me go to Bangladesh and work in the farms.......

My house is military skool.
yea dat ur house....but hey!! luk at u at da forum!!...2000 posts!!! n also in a very shrt time too! :giggling:

The Ruler
03-19-2006, 07:04 PM
woah!

Man.........i got to stop doin that.........

I didn't know that.
so now dat u no u gotta stop cuz dat was also one of da reasons y my hair fell :( :(

afriend
03-19-2006, 07:05 PM
yea dat ur house....but hey!! luk at u at da forum!!...2000 posts!!! n also in a very shrt time too! :giggling:

I want 2 b zAk's worst nightmare!

Also, I heard that if u don't put any oil on after havin a bath, the skin is very very dry......

Is that a threat?

ummAbdillah
03-19-2006, 07:06 PM
bro do you use hair gel?
my mom says it causes hair loss
allahu alaam

The Ruler
03-19-2006, 07:07 PM
I want 2 b zAk's worst nightmare!

Also, I heard that if u don't put any oil on after havin a bath, the skin is very very dry......

Is that a threat?
dry skins do cause dandruff....but i dont fink its a threat...ma mom tells me not to put oil on ma hair after a bath...i dunno y...buti dont....n it doesnt affect ma hair

Kittygyal
03-19-2006, 07:08 PM
well to be honest oil does get loss of hair

i can't stand it at all! sick man sick yuk!

take care

afriend
03-19-2006, 07:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lovly_lady
bro do you use hair gel?
my mom says it causes hair loss
allahu alaam
Nope, never touched it in my life.

ummAbdillah
03-19-2006, 07:18 PM
dont worry bro allah will restore ur hair
inshallah
:)

afriend
03-19-2006, 07:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lovly_lady
dont worry bro allah will restore ur hair
inshallah
:)
LOL

Jazakallah sis

Inshallah.

I hope he does....But if the worst happens....thenit will be for a good reason.

I leave my life in the hands of Allah.

Snowflake
03-19-2006, 08:44 PM
Thnx!!

Eeeeeek! Sorry but brushing your hair hard will only weaken the roots. Imagine it being like a plant in soil. the harder you tug, the looser the roots will become.

The best thing is to gently massage olive oil into ur scalp, then shampoo it out after an hour or later. And brush it gently. You can also wash ur hair with plain yogurt. Just rinse it out properly with luke warm water but no shampoo. And do not use hot water.

Do not use plastic hair brushes as this increases static in hair, but buy a brush with natural bristles, or a metal comb especially if ur not sure which animals the bristles come from.

Finally like Fi bro said vitamin/mineral deficiency could contribute to hair loss, as can hormonal problems. So get that checked out.

I will give u a duaa to read (via PM) which you read then blow on water (filled in bucket) then wash your hair with it (3 times weekly) for one month. InshaAllah you're crowning glory will be in full bloom again.

Lastly do not use any perfumed hair products/oils. Cut down on salty and greasy foods and drink plenty of water and eat your greens. People swear by zinc supplements, for renewed hair growth.

afriend
03-19-2006, 08:48 PM
LOL

Jazakallah....

I asked my dad...........*WORST MISTAKE EVER*

He checked my blood.............OWWWW....NOw im *CENSORED* off.......that hurt!!!

He sed it MIGHT be the fact that im running low on Zinc........

Also, the stress......

Now im relly lookin 4ward to that holiday.

Kittygyal
03-19-2006, 08:50 PM
well most people when there hair fall out it is a sign of cancer :(

am NOT saying you have got cancer!

just wash your hair regulary and use a shampoo that is good for your hair and i see you have got dandruff so use the shampoo anti-dandruff

take care

afriend
03-19-2006, 08:51 PM
well most people when there hair fall out it is a sign of cancer :(

am NOT saying you have got cancer!

just wash your hair regulary and use a shampoo that is good for your hair and i see you have got dandruff so use the shampoo anti-dandruff

take care

:'(

I'm goin to lie down now........

Kittygyal
03-19-2006, 08:51 PM
bro you can to the go the doctors and they can seriously gave you some kind of shampoo or somet

take care

afriend
03-19-2006, 08:52 PM
bro you can to the go the doctors and they can seriously gave you some kind of shampoo or somet

take care
Doctors do nothing but *CENSORED* you off.....

Same advice every single time....

I think i'll stick 2 the advice me dad gave me....

Zinc and stress reduction tablets......

Thank god for Kalms.

Kittygyal
03-19-2006, 08:55 PM
yes it does happen with stress alot of people either loose hair or become overweight or no sleep

yes and you can get zinc tablets from your doctor or chemist

take care

Ghazi
03-19-2006, 08:55 PM
Salaam

Hey bro if worse comes to worse, simply shave it all off.

Kittygyal
03-19-2006, 08:56 PM
but he shouldn't shave it of cause what about if it doesn't grow back?

take care

HeiGou
03-19-2006, 09:11 PM
well most people when there hair fall out it is a sign of cancer
Actually, you have it the wrong way around. Hair loss is not a sign of cancer. It is a sign of cancer treatment. Radiation therapy and especially chemotherapy can, and often do, lead to hair loss. Usually total. It does not have to. I know of people with nasal and thyroid cancers respectively. One was treated with radioactive Iodine and the other with radiation and chemo. Neither suffered hair loss.

afriend
03-19-2006, 09:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HeiGou
Actually, you have it the wrong way around. Hair loss is not a sign of cancer. It is a sign of cancer treatment. Radiation therapy and especially chemotherapy can, and often do, lead to hair loss. Usually total. It does not have to. I know of people with nasal and thyroid cancers respectively. One was treated with radioactive Iodine and the other with radiation and chemo. Neither suffered hair loss.
LOL

i know.........I just remembered.........

U gave me a shock sis....

HeiGou
03-19-2006, 09:15 PM
I asked my dad...........*WORST MISTAKE EVER*

He checked my blood.............OWWWW....NOw im *CENSORED* off.......that hurt!!!
I forgot your Father was a doctor, but I thought he was only studying? If that was my fauly I am very sorry. But if you have diabetes you need to know as early as possible.

The Ruler
03-19-2006, 09:15 PM
but he shouldn't shave it of cause what about if it doesn't grow back?

take care
shavin da hair ill grow it bak cuz ur hair is not plucked out of its ground but only da top layer is cut...so insha'allah it will grow bak...but its upto u bro iky if u wanna shave or not....but i fink it will help insha'allah :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

HeiGou
03-19-2006, 09:16 PM
i know.........I just remembered.........

U gave me a shock sis....
Hmmm, so much for low stress.....

afriend
03-19-2006, 09:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HeiGou
I forgot your Father was a doctor, but I thought he was only studying? If that was my fauly I am very sorry. But if you have diabetes you need to know as early as possible.
He's studying a new course....

Is constantly being hungry a sign of diabetes

HeiGou
03-19-2006, 09:23 PM
He's studying a new course....

Is constantly being hungry a sign of diabetes
Being constantly thirsty is a sign of diabetes. If I can remember that far back I think that being hungry was a sign of being a teenaged boy.

I don't want to stress you any more than you are, but...

Diabetes mellitus is a medical disorder characterised by varying or persistent hyperglycemia (high blood sugar levels), especially after eating. All types of diabetes mellitus share similar symptoms and complications at advanced stages. Hyperglycemia itself can lead to dehydration and ketoacidosis. Longer-term complications include cardiovascular disease (doubled risk), chronic renal failure (it is the main cause for dialysis), retinal damage which can lead to blindness, nerve damage which can lead to erectile dysfunction (impotence), gangrene with risk of amputation of toes, feet, and even legs. Serious complications are much less common in people who control their blood sugars well with their lifestyle and medications.

Signs and symptoms

Type 2 diabetes almost always has a slow onset (often years), but, in type 1, particularly in children, onset may be quite fast (weeks or months). Early symptoms of type 1 diabetes are often polyuria (frequent urination) and polydipsia (increased thirst, and consequent increased fluid intake). There may also be weight loss (despite normal or increased eating), increased appetite, and irreducible fatigue. These symptoms may also manifest in type 2 diabetes in patients whose diabetes is poorly controlled.

Thirst develops because of osmotic effects—sufficiently high glucose (above the "renal threshold") in the blood is excreted by the kidneys, but this requires water to carry it and causes increased fluid loss, which must be replaced. The lost blood volume will be replaced from water held inside body cells, causing dehydration.

Another common-presenting symptom is altered vision. Prolonged high blood glucose causes changes in the shape of the lens in the eye, leading to blurred vision and, perhaps, a visit to an optometrist. All unexplained quick changes in eyesight should force a fasting blood glucose test. These are now quick (10 seconds), using inexpensive materials (less than USD $1), and can be safely performed by almost anyone with minimal training.

Especially-dangerous symptoms in diabetics include the smell of acetone on the patient's breath (a sign of ketoacidosis), Kussmaul breathing (a rapid, deep breathing), and any altered state of consciousness or arousal (hostility and mania are both possible, as is confusion and lethargy). The most dangerous form of altered consciousness is the so-called "diabetic coma," which produces unconsciousness. Early symptoms of impending diabetic coma include polyuria, nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain, with lethargy and somnolence a later development, progressing to unconsciousness and death if untreated.

afriend
03-19-2006, 09:24 PM
Being constantly thirsty is a sign of diabetes. If I can remember that far back I think that being hungry was a sign of being a teenaged boy.
LOL

That was extremely funny.......

Thanks for the article......

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.