/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why has Allah disabled children?

j4763
03-20-2006, 05:27 PM
Why do you think children around the world are born disabled? Seems very unfair of God to forsaken children with disabilities like cerebral palsy, downs syndrome, autism…etc

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MinAhlilHadeeth
03-20-2006, 05:29 PM
This is going to require a very long reply.....

Kittygyal
03-20-2006, 05:31 PM
that's what i wana know too. well at the end of the day if's god wants to do it he can cause it's up to him but then a again it's all down to him

take care

Ghazi
03-20-2006, 05:34 PM
Salaam

Again it's a test.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
j4763
03-20-2006, 05:36 PM
If its a test, why give certain humans a harder exam? My niece has slight disabilities and it broke our hearts when we found out. Must be a test for us too!

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-20-2006, 05:42 PM
^^sis... there is an answer i assure you. I just don't know if i'm up to trying to explain.
:w:

Mohsin
03-20-2006, 08:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by j4763
If its a test, why give certain humans a harder exam? My niece has slight disabilities and it broke our hearts when we found out. Must be a test for us too!

Yes, God tests us in different ways. We may lose a relative, may have marriage difficulties, may become absolutely bankrupt, but in the end we do know God is the most Just, he is testing us, he may test us directly, or may through relatives as is your case. Often i have known non-muslim friends who are atheists simply because their uncle died painfully or something.

The pain of this world is nothing like the pain of the eternal Hell fire, and the pain here will all be forgotten if one were to enter the eternal paradise. God will reward someone more who was patient and remained in faith to god, and in the hereafter people won't regret having had any kind of disability,m because heaven is the real world, not just 60 or so years here being tested

Also i'd like to add God created us, we were nothing. look at what God has created, look at the solar system, even closer than that look at the trees the skies the animals, even us, look how we are from a single embryo in our mother to here, can we as humans do ANYTHING like this. Can we even create a fly? Can we create this beautiful world, can we even come close, but God can, so is it right to say we are as clever as him, are we arrogant enough to say that? Is our intelligence anything like the intelligence of our creator, who allows us to be intelligent. Is our sense of logic anything like that of God, is our sense of what is right and what is wrong anything like that of Gods? How can we possibly question what God does when we can't even go without eating, God doesn't need to eat. are we going to be arrogant to question god's choices and think we are on the same playing field as he is, we think like he thinks, how can we come close to understanding the things he does

Islam's answer to all of this is God knows best. We may want something, and pray for something, but in the end we won't be given our wish, and it may turn out later that it was best it happened this way. We may have been about to go on to a plane, we miss it, we may question God for it, and later the plane blows up, we will then realise God is the best of planners for those who turn to him

Here's a short story i'd like to share, it's not too long, worth the read

The Story of an African King and His Friend

(Author Unknown)

A story is told about a King in Africa who had a close friend that he
grew up with. The friend had a habit of looking at every situation
that ever occurred in his life (positive or negative) by remarking,
"This is good, Almighty knows best"

One day the King and his friend were out on a hunting expedition. The
friend would load and prepare the guns for the King. The friend had
apparently done something wrong in preparing one of the guns, for
after taking the gun from his friend, the King fired it and his thumb
was blown off. Examining the situation the friend remarked as usual,
"This is good! Almighty knows best."

To which the King replied, "No, this is NOT good!" and ordered his
soldiers to put his friend into jail.About a year later, the King was
hunting in an area that he should have known to stay clear of.
Cannibals captured the King and took him to their village. They tied
his hands, stacked some wood, set up a stake and bound him to the
stake.

As they came near to set fire to the wood, they noticed that the King
was missing a thumb. Being superstitious, they never ate anyone who
was less than whole. So after untying the King, they chased him out of
the villageWhen the King reached his Palace, he was reminded of the
event that had taken his thumb and felt remorse for his treatment of
his friend. He went immediately to the jail to speak with his friend.

"You were right" the King said, "it was good that my thumb was blown
off." And he proceeded to tell the friend all that had just happened.
" I am very sorry for sending you to jail for so long. It was bad for
me to do this.""No," his friend replied, "this is good ... Almighty
knows best""What do you mean, 'this is good'! How could it be good
that I sent my friend to jail for a year?"

The King's friend replied: "Remember that the Almighty knows best and
if I had NOT been in jail, I would have been with you(on this hunting
trip)."

" He knows what is before them
And what is behind them:
And to Allah go back
All questions (for decision)"
Qur'an:Surah Al Hajj 22:76

Do Not Judge Things or Events by its Immediate Outcome!

Almighty, the Most High, is the All-Knowledgable, the All-Knower... He
chooses to show us things... but sometimes... we are not shown the
wisdom behind somethings. When we are confronted by circumstances that
are not very pleasing.... we are quick to say: "This is not good..."
but... is it really? We might not know the purpose behind it. It might
turn to be a good thing.... thus.. .when we are faced with any
situation... do not be too quick to judge... always remember.... this
life is a test... the good and the bad.... and there is nothing that
happens for no reason... our brains are just not gifted enough to
understand these reasons yet. Sometimes ........ things happen to us
for a reason.

Also go here for a more detailed answer, question 60 asks If God is just then why are some people born healthy while some are born with defects and are deaf and dumb, some people are born in rich families while others in poor families? and question Q67 asks Why are all prayers and supplications not answered or fulfilled by Allaah (SWT)?http://www.allaahuakbar.net/misconceptions/index.htm

S_87
03-20-2006, 08:40 PM
:sl:

One of the basic principles of Islam is to believe in the wisdom of the Lord in what He creates and commands, and in what He wills and decrees, in the sense that He does not create anything in vain and He does not decree anything in which there is not some benefit for His slaves. So everything that exists is His will and decree. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

Allaah is the Creator of all things” [al-Ra’d 13:16]

His perfect wisdom decrees that He creates opposites, so He has created angels and devils, night and day, purity and impurity, good and ugly, and He has created good and evil. He created His slaves with differences in their bodies and minds, and in their strengths. He has made some rich and some poor, some healthy and some sickly, some wise and some foolish. By His wisdom, He tests them, and He tests some by means of others, to show who will be grateful and who will be ungrateful. Allaah says (interpretation of the meanings):

Verily, We have created man from Nutfah (drops) of mixed semen (sexual discharge of man and woman), in order to try him, so We made him hearer and seer.

Verily, We showed him the way, whether he be grateful or ungrateful
” [al-Insaan 76:2]

“Who has created death and life that He may test you which of you is best in deed”

[al-Mulk 67:2]

When the sound believer sees disabled people, he recognizes the blessing that Allaah has bestowed upon him, so he gives thanks for His blessing, and He asks Him for good health. He knows that Allaah is Able to do all things.

People are incapable of comprehending Allaah’s wisdom. He cannot be questioned as to what He does , while they will be questioned. Glorified and exalted be He. Whatever you understand of His wisdom, believe in it, and whatever you cannot understand, say, “Allaah knows best and is most wise, and we know nothing except that which You have taught us, and He is the All-Knowing, Most Wise.”

sheikh al barrak

j4763
03-21-2006, 01:28 PM
When the sound believer sees disabled people, he recognizes the blessing that Allaah has bestowed upon him,
Blessing! Its more of a birding!

Why create a child who can not understand religion, who will never be able to pray, who will be look at as deformed, second class…etc Who will for there entire life have to struggle a hell of a lot more than your average Joe.

By saying it’s a “test” or “Allah knows best” is simply saying I don’t have an answer (imo)

And why not question Allah’s will? After all he allegedly gave me my mind to do so.

If there every is such thing as god, must he be so cruel as to be sole such struggle opon and innocent child!

- Qatada -
03-21-2006, 01:36 PM

This was on another post, so some of the things in the post may be irrelevant. But just check it out - you may get what i'm tryin to say in the post insha'Allaah. (God willing.)

[center][quote]First of all i want you to remember that God is the Most Just, this means that he is even Just to the non muslims - the ones who dont even believe in God.

The first point is, God will test those whom he loves - like its been mentioned in the verse:

[29.2] Do men think that they will be left alone on saying, We believe, and not be tried?
[29.3] And certainly We tried those before them, so Allah will certainly know those who are true and He will certainly know the liars.

That means that God will test the people (the believers) he loves in this life. This means putting them through different sorts of hardships, so it is a Just way of forgiving the persons sins.

this relates to the hadith of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) who said:

“Whatever befalls a Muslim of exhaustion, illness, worry, grief, nuisance or trouble, even though it may be no more than a prick of a thorn, earns him forgiveness by Allah of some of his sins.”

But you have to keep in mind:

2:286 On no soul doth Allah Place a burden greater than it can bear. It gets every good that it earns, and it suffers every ill that it earns.

This way - God is being Just and the believers sins will be forgiven.

Whereas, God will keep giving goodness to the non-believers in this life, for the deeds they have done. For instance, if a person who is a kafir (a person who rejects faith) has smiled at a person in this life - God will reward them in some way for that deed they have done,

so the person may get alot of riches in this life. This is the Justness God gives to all people whether they believe or not.

Whereas God may keep testing the believer in this life, but we will stay pleased and remain steadfast, like our beloved Prophet

Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:

" Wondrous are the believer's affairs. For him there is good in all his affairs, and this is so only for the believer. When something pleasing happens to him, he is grateful, and that is good for him; and when something displeasing happens to him, he is enduring (sabar), and that is good for him " (sahih Muslim )

but the rejectors of faith will try to stop the believers..

Those in sin used to laugh at those who believed, (83:29)

And whenever they passed by them, used to wink at each other (in mockery); (83:30)

And when they returned to their own people, they would return jesting; (83:31)

And whenever they saw them, they would say, "Behold! These are the people truly astray!" (83:32)

But this doesn't mean that the people who reject faith and do bad acts get away with it, no - they will get the fire in the afterlife.

For those who reject their Lord (and Cherisher) is the Penalty of Hell: and evil is (such), Destination. (67:06)]

Say: "See ye?- If Allah were to destroy me, and those with me, or if He bestows His Mercy on us,- yet who can deliver

the Unbelievers from a grievous Penalty?"
(67:28)

But the disbelievers keep rejecting faith:

..their messengers came to them with clear arguments; so it was not Allah Who should do them injustice, but they were unjust to themselves. (9:70)

The people in hell will be in different punishments, which will be affected by the amount of sins they had commited in this life, we know

this because our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him and his beloved family) said:

Hadith - Qudsi 38

When Allah Almighty created Paradise and Hell-fire, He sent Gabriel to Paradise, saying: Look at it and at what I have prepared therein for its inhabitants.

The Prophet May Allah's peace and praise be on him said: So he came to it and looked at it and at what Allah had prepared therein for its inhabitants. The Prophet May Allah's peace and praise be on him said: So he returned to Him and said: By your glory, no one hears of it without entering it. So He ordered that it be encompassed by forms of hardship, and He said: Return to it and look at what I have prepared therein for its inhabitants. The Prophet May Allah's peace and praise be on him said:

So he returned to it and found that it was encompassed by forms of hardship. Then he returned to Him and said: By Your glory, I fear that no one will enter it. He said: Go to Hell-fire and look at it and what I have prepared therein for its inhabitants, and he found that it was in layers, one above the other.

Then he returned to Him and said: By Your glory, no one who hears of it will enter it. So He ordered that it be encompassed by lusts. Then He said: Return to it. And he returned to it and said: By Your glory, I am frightened that no one will escape from entering it.

...That was because they rebelled and used to transgress. (5:78)

They restrained not one another from the wickedness they did. Verily evil was that they used to do!

The believers are treatedly unjustly;

Those who have been expelled from their homes without a just cause except that they say: Our Lord is Allah. And had there not been Allah's repelling some people by others, certainly there would have been pulled down cloisters and churches and synagogues and mosques in which Allah's name is much remembered; and surely Allah will help him who helps His cause; most surely Allah is Strong, Mighty. (22:40)

Those who, should We establish them in the land, will keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate and enjoin good and forbid evil; and Allah's is the end of affairs. (22:41)

"The believers, men and women, are friends of one another. They command what is right and forbid what is wrong." (9:71)

Those who say: Our Lord! surely we believe, therefore forgive us our faults and save us from the chastisement of the fire. (3:16)

The patient, and the truthful, and the obedient, and those who spend (benevolently) [in charity] and those who ask forgiveness in the morning times. (3:17)

Those who faithfully observe their trusts and their covenants; (23:08)

And who (strictly) guard their prayers;- (23:09)

These are they who are the heirs, (23:10)

Who will inherit Paradise: they will dwell therein (for ever). (23:11)

"Say, 'Shall I bring your attention to things far better than those? For the righteous are gardens in nearness to their Lord, with rivers flowing beneath, eternal therein, with pure companions and the good pleasure of Allah. For within Allah's sight are all His servants – especially those who say, "Our Lord, we have indeed believed, so forgive us our sins and protect us from the agony of the Fire." Those who are patient, are truthful, who worship devoutly, who spend in the way of Allah and who prays for forgiveness in the pre-dawn hours.'"

[ali'-Imran, 3: 15-17]

"Allah will admit those who believe and work righteous deeds to gardens beneath which rivers flow, they shall be adorned with bracelets of gold and pearls, and their garments therein will be silk. They have been guided in this life to good speech, and they have been guided to the path of Him, the All Praised."

[Hajj, 22: 23-24]

"Their salutation on the day they meet Him will be 'Peace!; and He has prepared for them a generous reward."

[Ahzab, 33: 44]

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-21-2006, 04:44 PM
For a detailed discussion on this topic (the problem of evil), please refer to this thread:
http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...og-thread.html

:w:

Nicola
03-22-2006, 10:01 PM
It is Satan who causes sickness and illness...not God

Anything can be overcome with Gods blessing.

Mohsin
03-23-2006, 06:24 AM

As muslims we don't quite agee with this statement

Everything comes from God, the good and the ad, as he has control over everything. the reason why he does it it's up to him, he has a reason, he is most just. But to say he doesn't have control over something is denying his Oneness, as you're implying someone else has power where God is deficient

Nicola
03-23-2006, 09:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Moss

As muslims we don't quite agee with this statement

Everything comes from God, the good and the ad, as he has control over everything. the reason why he does it it's up to him, he has a reason, he is most just. But to say he doesn't have control over something is denying his Oneness, as you're implying someone else has power where God is deficient
I agree with your statement...No one is above God...
but Satan is stronger than us, for us to overcome Satan and his temptations. we need God.

Have you read the story of Job
It's a beautiful story of Jobs love and faith for God and it proved to Satan that Jobs love was stonger than anything Satan could throw at him he destroyed his family, his livelyhood, he inflicted him with illness's and pain..
God allowed Satan to do this to Job, because he knew Jobs love for him was so much stronger...and this is how we all should live ourlives...no matter what Satan does to try and tempt us into sin..
The illness's and pain and hurt Job suffered never came from God. But it was God who allowed it to happen to him...

This is what I mean by it isn't God but Satan..but God does allow it...

Christians believe it is Satan who tempts us and we must overcome those temptations..and we can't do it alone, only with the gift of the Father the Holy Spirit indwelling in us can we overcome them.

Mohsin
03-23-2006, 05:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nicola
I agree with your statement...No one is above God...
but Satan is stronger than us, for us to overcome Satan and his temptations. we need God.

Have you read the story of Job
It's a beautiful story of Jobs love and faith for God and it proved to Satan that Jobs love was stonger than anything Satan could throw at him he destroyed his family, his livelyhood, he inflicted him with illness's and pain..
God allowed Satan to do this to Job, because he knew Jobs love for him was so much stronger...and this is how we all should live ourlives...no matter what Satan does to try and tempt us into sin..
The illness's and pain and hurt Job suffered never came from God. But it was God who allowed it to happen to him...

This is what I mean by it isn't God but Satan..but God does allow it...

Christians believe it is Satan who tempts us and we must overcome those temptations..and we can't do it alone, only with the gift of the Father the Holy Spirit indwelling in us can we overcome them.
Yeah i think in Islam we have the same perspective...nothing is above God, if he wanted he could stop satan from whispering temptations to people to do evil things, but God is his own divine wisdom and greatness decides not to as we are being tested
But i don't think illness comes from satan, or bad health. He hasn't got those kind of powers, but we do believe he can possess people, but that is not the same as disbaled children

afriend
03-23-2006, 07:51 PM
Please visit my personal page....

look down wer it sez "finding life hard?" It shud be nice...cos it's like a small poem, but it doesn't rhyme :(

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.