/* */

PDA

View Full Version : general inability to accept mental illnesses

yasin
03-21-2006, 02:08 AM
And i'm not just talking about extreme psychological and mental illnesses.
It includes things like depression and anxiety.

It's strange how a broken leg just so happens whilst a mental illness occurs from the devil? How someone with a mental illness is possessed whilst someone with a physical illness is not.

I shudder to imagine how it must be to be have a mental illness in Muslim countries.

It's an unacceptable and ignorant way of perceiving what is a serious problem.

And before some of you bombard me with literature stating this and that about Satan being able to possess people etc i would like to point out a fact, which is that the majority of mental illnesses arise exclusively from physical defficiencies. Which is rather ironic.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MinAhlilHadeeth
03-21-2006, 02:09 AM
is it possible for you to post up one positive thread?

yasin
03-21-2006, 02:16 AM
i say things how they are, i am not here to lead people in to a false belief that everything is fine because it is not

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-21-2006, 02:17 AM
ok.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
renak
03-21-2006, 06:52 AM
I wasn't aware of Islam being critical of mental health issues. I'm interested to read further responses.

itsme01
03-21-2006, 08:35 AM
uh? Come again Yasin? - thats the most ridiculous thing I have heard from a Munafikun. How about you increase your knowledge regarding Islam before making pointless accusations.

swanlake
03-21-2006, 09:51 AM
:sl: yassin

Please dont blame Islam for your problems. Look within yourself and try to address the problem instead of shifting it. If one is mentally ill, the best course would be to seek professional help. I have a family member who isnt right in the head and he recieves professional help from doctors whilst we read read Quran on him. We dont sit around waiting for miracle to occur.

sargon
03-21-2006, 10:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by yasin

It's strange how a broken leg just so happens whilst a mental illness occurs from the devil? How someone with a mental illness is possessed whilst someone with a physical illness is not.

I shudder to imagine how it must be to be have a mental illness in Muslim countries.

And before some of you bombard me with literature stating this and that about Satan being able to possess people etc i would like to point out a fact, which is that the majority of mental illnesses arise exclusively from physical defficiencies. Which is rather ironic.
:sl:
Partially because psychology was developed from the studies of the psyche, which the Greek philosophers set the foundations for. It used to include all things of the conscious, sub conscious, and even spirit perhaps. In recent years it has been narrowed down to the study of habitual thoughts and actions that form your personality. Before it was more philosophical, but now it's more about actual case studies and therapies.

In Islamic countries that have been war torn and colonized I don't imagine there are many psychology majors, but I may be mistaken. I have no idea but it's my assumption.

So traditionally in Islam 'mental illness' wasn't really a problem I guess, or wasn't recognized.

This is my guess, I may be wrong. :hiding:

All good, and bad are from Allah. It's a test, or a punishment. And only Allah can cure you. Now there has to be means in this world for treatment, I suggest a journal, try to find the trauma. In this day of information, the brain gets wired and goes nuts, so psychology is good in my opinion. Especially if you have to re-program or de-program yourself from media influences.

All that happens naturally though if you live by the Sunnah. I'm pretty sure all ailments would be cured if you live completely by the Sunnah, or at least you'd gain the knowledge required to realize it's a test or punishment.

Hope that helps...
:w:

IbnAbdulHakim
03-21-2006, 10:10 AM
im jus gonna say it simply.

depression comes from ones inability to accept what Allah has decreed.
If this certain "mental problem" is dealt wiv sabr then i see no reason why you should not get ur relief for Allah has promised relief afta every hardship.
Dont b weird bro, of course we accept mental illness's, i got a so-called "depressed" cousin and all i do is pray Allah helps her WHILE GIVIN HER MEDICATION AND GETTIN HER HELP!

so its ur view of islam is a little narrowed towards the negative, i really encourage u to research more on islam bro

May Allah guide us towards the truth INSHAALLAH!!!

take care bro, and try not to stress too much :)

sargon
03-21-2006, 02:00 PM
Oh yeah I forgot to add that studying psychology too muchor philosophy rather can lead to thinking in manners that are unhealthy which is why you should have a firm basis in the Quran and Sunnah first. And you should always have I mentor, that's what I've heard.

Do you go to the mosque and pray a lot? I've never had a problem that praying more didn't fix, insha Allah it stays like that.

yasin
03-22-2006, 02:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pr4sE
im jus gonna say it simply.

depression comes from ones inability to accept what Allah has decreed.
If this certain "mental problem" is dealt wiv sabr then i see no reason why you should not get ur relief for Allah has promised relief afta every hardship.
Dont b weird bro, of course we accept mental illness's, i got a so-called "depressed" cousin and all i do is pray Allah helps her WHILE GIVIN HER MEDICATION AND GETTIN HER HELP!

so its ur view of islam is a little narrowed towards the negative, i really encourage u to research more on islam bro

May Allah guide us towards the truth INSHAALLAH!!!

take care bro, and try not to stress too much :)
you really need to get out more, and think outside the box.

You clearly know nothing about mental disorders

to the person that told me to sort my mental issues out, i have none thank you very much.

to the person that questioned Islam having any problem with mental disorders i suggest you open our eyes or go to Saudi Arabia with schizophrenia and see how you get treated

cleo
03-22-2006, 02:48 AM
I know from research, on different subjects, that some mental illness is caused from the medication that is prescribed. And mind control, from those who want to be rulers. Sounds like a scary movie??? Don't it? With faith, you can over come. I know that...

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-22-2006, 04:39 AM
Islam completely accepts and even makes special exceptions for those with a mental illness. Amongst the three groups whom the Prophet mentioned that the "pen is lifted" for are the mentally ill. Islam places emphasis on the community to help them and assist them. I don't know where you got this ridiculous notion from about Islam. And it also seems you are confusing satanic possesion with mental illnesses. The two are not the same. This has been mentioned by numerous classical scholars, like Imam Ibn Al-Qayyim, as well as recent scholars, like Shaykh Umar Sulayman Al-Ashqar.

On the topic of depression, there are numerous works written by scholars to help those who are depressed. A popular book oon the subject is entitled "La Tahzan" or "Don't be Sad" in english, by Shaykh 'Aidh ibn Abdullah Al-Qarni:
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/talkislam/b7651.html

03-22-2006, 11:38 AM
I think u've got all ur facts wrong. Mental disorders are caused by the devil influencing ur thoughts and making u think illogically etc. Today all these psychological treatments just help u change ur views and ways of thinking depending on ur disorder, but they don't get 2 the root of the problem, which is the shaitan. Islam, however, tells us how 2 cure the problem permanenty.

Samee
03-24-2006, 01:38 AM
you really need to get out more, and think outside the box.

You clearly know nothing about mental disorders

to the person that told me to sort my mental issues out, i have none thank you very much.

to the person that questioned Islam having any problem with mental disorders i suggest you open our eyes or go to Saudi Arabia with schizophrenia and see how you get treated

Having a bad day? Wore an itchy sweater today? Woke up on the wrong side of the bed? Shoes too tight? Tired?

Stop hating. Research will solve your problem. Instead of telling your brothers and sisters to think outside the box, you should do it first- its called practicing what you preach.

sargon
03-24-2006, 06:58 AM
How would you get treated with in Saudi Arabia if you had schizophrenia?

renak
03-24-2006, 07:23 AM
My mother is schizo affective, and has suffered with mental illness since I was a young child. A lot of family members, and church members refuse to believe that she has an actual illness, and have convinced her a few times that she just needs to pray and surrender her illness to religion. This of course did not help.

I can understand how mild depression can be "cured" by prayer, etc...However, more complicated forms of mental illness need to be treated with medication. I think that it is due to hormonal imbalances, and envirnmental influences.

Psychiatric drugs and research are really a blessing to many people.

Malaikah
03-24-2006, 08:38 AM
"sl"

I think one thing that should be pointed out is that their is a difference between Islam and what Muslims do (refering directly to the reference about how certain muslims treat mentally ill people)

itsme01
03-24-2006, 05:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese
"sl"

I think one thing that should be pointed out is that their is a difference between Islam and what Muslims do (refering directly to the reference about how certain muslims treat mentally ill people)
:thumbs_up:

Islam urges us to aid those who need. <-- Yes that includes people who are mentally ill.

czgibson
03-24-2006, 08:44 PM
Greetings Ansar,
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
I don't know where you got this ridiculous notion from about Islam. And it also seems you are confusing satanic possesion with mental illnesses. The two are not the same. This has been mentioned by numerous classical scholars, like Imam Ibn Al-Qayyim, as well as recent scholars, like Shaykh Umar Sulayman Al-Ashqar.
Just out of interest, is it at all possible that cases of mental illness could be mistaken for satanic possession? That has certainly happened in Christian societies in the past (of course, nowadays, most people in the West don't believe satanic possession actually happens).

Peace

itsme01
03-24-2006, 08:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings Ansar,

Just out of interest, is it at all possible that cases of mental illness could be mistaken for satanic possession? That has certainly happened in Christian societies in the past (of course, nowadays, most people in the West don't believe satanic possession actually happens).
Peace
Very much so. But this usually occurs in non-educated societies. Who have no/less knowledge about Islam and Science.

czgibson
03-24-2006, 08:53 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by itsme01
Very much so. But this usually occurs in non-educated societies. Who have no/less knowledge about Islam and Science.
I can see the thrust of what you are saying. In societies with a low level of education it's common to find people who believe in all kinds of superstitions that seem incredible elsewhere.

Peace

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-24-2006, 09:13 PM
Hi Callum,
Just out of interest, is it at all possible that cases of mental illness could be mistaken for satanic possession?
First of all, the concept of mental illness is not foreign to Islam at all. The Prophet Muhammad pbuh said:
"The pen has been lifted for three: the insane until he regains his sanity, the child until he reaches puberty, and the sleeper until he wakes up."
If the person is possesed their control over themselves is not completely negated, and consequently they retain accountability for their actions. In the time of the Prophet pbuh, he himself distinguished between cases of mental illnesses or other medical problems and between satanic possesion. Early scholars have always maintained this distinction - for example we find that Ibn Al-Qayyim (d. 1350 CE) pointed it out in his writings on the topic and stated that medical treatment should be sought in the case of a physical illness and spiritual treatment in the case of satanic possesion.

Confusion between the two does not occur frequently because the symptoms are usually very distinct. The first step in diagnosis is to perform Ruqyah, i.e. reading the Qur'an over the afflicted person. If there is no strange response, then the problem is most likely mental or physical. If the person responds to the Qur'an by abruptly beginning to cry and can't explain why, this is black magic. If the person looses conciousness or their eyes become fixed or begin to blink rapidly, or they begin to sake vigorously, then one may find a different voice emanating from the body (the Jinn) often speaking in another language or stating its name, in which case one proceeds to read Qur'an to make the Jinn leave. This is a very basic outline, but the point is that it is usually very obvious when possesion is involved.

Regards

czgibson
03-24-2006, 11:49 PM
Hi Ansar,
First of all, the concept of mental illness is not foreign to Islam at all. The Prophet Muhammad pbuh said:
"The pen has been lifted for three: the insane until he regains his sanity, the child until he reaches puberty, and the sleeper until he wakes up."
If the person is possesed their control over themselves is not completely negated, and consequently they retain accountability for their actions.
This seems an odd criterion to choose to make the distinction (if that is indeed what you're implying). It sounds like you're suggesting that a person with any particular mental illness has no control over their actions at all. This would perhaps be true in a case of paranoid schizophrenia, but it wouldn't necessarily be true in a case of clinical depression, for example.

The talk of possession is very alien to me. In terms of Western culture, it sounds like a Christian text from the Middle Ages or from the witch trials of the 17th century.

Peace

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-25-2006, 12:31 AM
This seems an odd criterion to choose to make the distinction (if that is indeed what you're implying). It sounds like you're suggesting that a person with any particular mental illness has no control over their actions at all. This would perhaps be true in a case of paranoid schizophrenia, but it wouldn't necessarily be true in a case of clinical depression, for example.
You're right, I was just pointing out that there was a distinction between mental illness and satanic possesion in Islam, but not all mental illnesses would render a person unaccountable as you correctly pointed out.
The talk of possession is very alien to me.
I'm sure it would be; interesting choice of words though, was that an intended pun?
In terms of Western culture, it sounds like a Christian text from the Middle Ages or from the witch trials of the 17th century.
In terms of satanic influence maybe, but not in terms of trial by ordeal and drowning/burning people on the basis of accusations of witchcraft.

Regards

sargon
03-25-2006, 06:00 AM
The talk of possession is very alien to me. In terms of Western culture, it sounds like a Christian text from the Middle Ages or from the witch trials of the 17th century.

Peace
I have a friend that used to be a Christian monk, now he's just a normal Christian but when he lived in the monastary he was around exorcists. It's a very real thing that happens, but movies and media have butchered it and made it seem like everything supernatural only belongs in sci-fi movies or fantasy books.

My Christian brothers said before: "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing people he didn't exist."

About mental illnesses, what I've learned so far is that some people have chosen or were chosen to be a burden on other people. It's a test for other people to see how they treat them, and if they feel grateful for not being challeneged physically or mentally.

What about schizophrenia in Suadi Arabia? I'm sure they have doctors that know psychic illnesses sometimes need prayer and meds... like a brother posted earlier.

I forgot to ask, why does God make people mentally challenged or retarded? What will happen to the people that are just a little challenged, will they be tested at all?

thc
03-27-2006, 01:31 PM
Medical Science cannot prove everything. However most cases of mental health problems have the absence of jinn or sihr (black magic).

czgibson
03-27-2006, 02:51 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by sargon
I have a friend that used to be a Christian monk, now he's just a normal Christian but when he lived in the monastary he was around exorcists.
I've known priests who've performed exorcisms too, so I know that it does go on. The number of exorcisms that are actually performed in a Christian context nowadays is very small, though.

It's a very real thing that happens, but movies and media have butchered it and made it seem like everything supernatural only belongs in sci-fi movies or fantasy books.
Most of the blame for people not believing in supernatural entities can be placed on the Enlightenment, to be fair.

My Christian brothers said before: "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing people he didn't exist."
That's from the film The Usual Suspects, and it's also very close to a line in a prose poem by the French poet Charles Baudelaire:

format_quote Originally Posted by Baudelaire
Mes chers fr&#232;res, n'oubliez jamais, quand vous entendrez vanter le progr&#232;s des lumi&#232;res, que la plus belle des ruses du diable est de vous persuader qu'il n'existe pas!
You already know what I think about the existence of the devil.

Peace

root
03-27-2006, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by czgibson
Just out of interest, is it at all possible that cases of mental illness could be mistaken for satanic possession?

Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl - Confusion between the two does not occur frequently because the symptoms are usually very distinct. The first step in diagnosis is to perform Ruqyah, i.e. reading the Qur'an over the afflicted person. If there is no strange response, then the problem is most likely mental or physical. If the person responds to the Qur'an by abruptly beginning to cry and can't explain why, this is black magic. If the person looses conciousness or their eyes become fixed or begin to blink rapidly, or they begin to sake vigorously, then one may find a different voice emanating from the body (the Jinn) often speaking in another language or stating its name, in which case one proceeds to read Qur'an to make the Jinn leave. This is a very basic outline, but the point is that it is usually very obvious when possesion is involved.
I guess the answer is no.

Curaezipirid
11-29-2006, 05:47 PM
Salams

I have a few more reponses to the material in this thread.

First of all is that Islam is the best method of stablising mental health.

Mental health can be rightly regarded as the health of the mental body or spirit. This is a distinct function to our self regard which can protect our Spirit. The healing process is in the self regard to accept that account which will heal the mental body. This is a daily process for persons whose physical body holds scars from the shaytan and whom thereby, shaytan can impose upon in every loss of complete consciousness and self knowledge.

Possession by shaytan is different from that which shaytan can cause only by blaming wrongly a scar from their having possessed a person in the past.

Diseases like depression are essentially very different to psychotic diseases, and the combination of the two in alternation is an altogether different phenomena again. There are three families of disease, like the three families of tridosha or the three Vedic systems of sustaining Faith in Allah, each being caused by the marriage patterns of ancestors. Diseases of hatred are a different form again.

There is one essential distinction which we must adhere to. That criminal insanity is far removed from ordinarily being reduced in ablity to ascertain empirical evidence, which is ordinarily what accords the definition of insanity.

There are forms of mental processing which can seem like insanity to one person, but internally are not insanity because of the degree of empirical evidence for one person being different to that of another person, accorded only by skill, temperence, and endurance of boredom, in observing the world. That is to say, what is clear empirical evidence for me, might not be able to manifest to you as such clear evidence because your whole experience of existing is as a different being. In this, it is difficult to find that empirical measure of sanity, except that of belief in the most commonly shared reality. Yet what has become wrongly accorded the status of insanity all too often, is that of believing further into reality. Many persons whom believe in the same reality as the sane would be regaled as insane if they exposed their own internal beliefs which are, for them, empirically validated.

In this it becomes amply clear that we must identify criminal insanity as a criminal behaviour to be treated as crime. And that seperately we much identify that state of mind of being not sure of whether your belief is married to that of the community around you. Many such persons exist, and need to be regarded in kind terms for their recovery to manifest. Usually they are only in need of finding means to express that their experience is real, and to be believed in their experience, and provided evidence of what other persons are being enabled belief in. However between the criminally insane and this other group of persons, are those whom will as often as not try to get away with manifesting criminal behaviour through the mechanism of adopting a false fear of insanity as identity. This is the group of persons whom probably are only wanting medication to slow down mental processes that are incontrovertibly destructive. They are usually effected by sexual behaviour at cause in having made bad marriages. There could effect a sexually transmitted disease, but by suppressing the symptoms of that, (usually by ignoring and repeating the causation), the disease arises into the mental body. Most persons whom endure sexual activity with shaytan are in some degree of mental distress, yet shaytan more often then not pursue such courses of action. Such a condition can lead to inablity to make decisions by cause of fears that can not be placed.

I believe that Islam is the best belief structure for sustaining good mental health, but in that I am also well informed by Aboriginal Australian teaching about Dreaming, and often might not know, in my external mind, which tradition specific mental health strategies originated in. Aboriginal Australian's self is often alike to being an x-ray image of a Muslim self. The two can become connected basically well only by accepting a larger quantity of fear. All mental illness is about managing fear. Often counselling is all about deciphering:yes-this is correct to experience fear of; and no-that need no expression of fear. Some things we are best off not fearing are of actual cause of fear, but only to a finer density mental body. That is to say, what Jesus did fear is too frightening for Human beings to learn about within accepting that fear is real. Those chosen as Prophets are whom could naturally accept a higher degree of fear.

There is a basic rule in this. If any matter frightens you into becoming unable to avoid it, even unable to prevent your mind dwelling upon it, then it is a matter which belongs in a range of finer density substance than your own Soul/Alaqa, and Spirit can put any thought to. Thereby do not worry since it is another beings process to account for.

About the matter of physical causation of mental illness, as in chemical imbalances: I need to assert that the chemistry of the nervous system is caused by our exposure to environment, our behaviour in that environment, and the behaviour of our ancestors.

As often as not medicinal tempering of mental illness might only make the spirit worse and the self less able to believe that there is any problem.

I believe that many prescription medications are equitably wrongful to use as is alcohol and tobacco. But if a person is already too afraid, and they are effectively using medicine to lessen a dangerous fear, then medicine can be correct because it might cause that the problem rests with the person whose fear it was rather than that person projecting their fears upon others. Actually often medications are effective because they blind us to projecting mental body illness in fears onto other persons. Yet if we were already afraid of such, then being prevented from knowing can lessen actual incidence of.

Usually fears which we are unable to manage our mental state in, are those about which we can take no action.

Belief is our only tool against mental illness.

I have a mild post traumatic stress. It is not a disorder so much as a constant re-ordering process. It was caused by a sequence of traumas which can be incontravertibly proven to be: recoverable; and no particular person's fault. An accidental nut case. But in Islam there is reason. And never have I been in any way able outside of culture. There is no world and nothing real outside of cultural conditioning in being accepting of any account against me. But perhaps the fact of my accepting responsibilty is why I become easily portrayed as though insane. Islam gives me reason. But when the mind has been forced into knowledge, which needs reason, which then can not be adhered to safely, what should there manifest but to impart of that reason to whom might be able to find thier own reason in. Or is it that my reason already surpasses theirs and that I hurt them by exposing my mind to them? These should be every day questions for any communicator.

Believe me in respect of the corrupting powers of modern pharmecuticals. Often a medicine which is beneficient for one person, is forced unwittingly and unwillingly upon another person whom is harmed by it. You should all make your own investigations into the efficacy of pharmecuticals before engaging in any matter about.

My evidence is that Islam is effective at managing mental health, and pharmecuticals are not. While crime is crime whether in ill health or good health, and really should we not regard any crime as an illness?

Instructively what is and is not sanity is often assessed by a different of criteria in different cultures, so a portion of what is labelled insanity, is only cultural displacement. The actual clinical picture is rather in respect of being unable to make decisions to behave in accordance with mutually agreed upon standards. Culture is defined by belief which has a heavier weighting than a standard, and so is almost incorruptible in the body, and at times can have arisen into the mental body also and long been in place there. But truly culture is a facet of the self, which protects us from learning more than is good for our health.

This is a good thread, thanks for the post with the clearly discriminated distinguishing symptoms of shaytan possession as opposed to Jinn possession.

waram

Keltoi
11-29-2006, 09:21 PM
I think there is often a stigma attached to mental illness. I'm not familiar with how mental disorders are handled within the context of Islam, but I think society plays a larger role than any religious text. I think mental disorders would be stigmatized regardless of the amount or lack of religious influence. Things are getting better as far as people understanding that most people with mental problems do need help and treatment. I think the cases of mental disorders have increased in modern times due to the nature of our fast paced societies and all that brings with it.

Woodrow
11-29-2006, 09:40 PM
Mental disorders cover a very wide spectrum. There are Genetic Disorders which are essentialy a birth defect. Two of the most common in that category are schizophrenia and Bi-polar disorder. However, the fact the person has a mental disorder does not equate with how well they act as a Muslim. A person with very severe schizophrenia is capable of being a good Muslim, even if they can not hold down gainful employment. this genetic disorders respond well to medication and the symptoms can be controlled. They are not caused by immoral behavior and by themselves do not lead to immoral behavior.

another group of disorders are the Behavioral disorders. These are the ones that a person "Learns" and are the result of the choices we make in life. these are the disorders that are usually treated with therapy and behavior modification. Personal I question the wisdom of calling them Mental disorders as often they are the result of improper behavior.

then we have the organic brain disorders which are the result of damage to the brain by either trauma or disease. They are the easiest to recognise, but the most difficult to treat. Quite often there is no treatment that produces lasting results.

I believe that the concept by some non-Muslims, towards Islams view of Mental disorders is because of the way we handle the Behavioral Disorders. Most Muslims (Myself Included) do not consider them to be a disease. I see them as a behavior problem and people looking for a quick fix to ease a guilty feeling.

I

Curaezipirid
11-30-2006, 01:47 AM
I am diving in for a long post here. It is responding to a variety of other posts in the thread, sometimes comparatively. If it is too long to sustain concentration for, then just read my response to any other person's post that is interesting for yourself, rather than trying the whole lot of my work. I often express the ideas that other persons like not to express so as to hold closer, so which we have not often any open habits of response for, or dialogue in.

format_quote Originally Posted by cheese
"sl"

I believe it is better to consider whom ever those "certain" Muslims are, as people whom are actually both very compassionate when in belief that a mental illness could be in play, but also very proud in the fact that Islam and the Arabic language can work to prevent the development of any such illnesses. The "how" some "treat mentally ill people", could perhaps be only a Pride in which there is failure of recognition because of the strength of associations between Islam, Arabic words, and sanity.

:thumbs_up:

Islam urges us to aid those who need. <-- Yes that includes people who are mentally ill.
Aid for the mentally ill really is a very specialised task, and unfortunately many of the professionals whom undertake obtaining a professional qualification to work with mentally ill people, are almost no better themselves, or soon become that way. The resourcing of mental health care is in a dismal state here in Australia, but I have read of much good work commenced in America. Yet here in Australian our Indigenous race is also socially adept at managing whomever show any signs of mental illness. What mentally ill people need, that is, not including the criminally insane, but only those whom struggle to sustain the same semblence of reality as most other persons: what they need it for persons whom can qualify their experience to sit and listen to them explain any consequetive lists of events which they find themselves unable to express without being considered to be talking nonsense. In making such expressions those whom can recover show signs of recovery almost immediately, while those whom were in fact criminally ill might more likely worsen.

But what became considered as "less educated"? Perhaps the societies in which mental illness is more often regarded as a distinct matter from possessions, are actually truly more highly educated in mental health science. In fact, the strategies which are used in traditional non-modern industrialised science type orientation, for dealing with mental health, could quite easily be described within modern sciences of psychology and psychiatry, but the psychiatrists and psychologists will not take that risk because the social pressure they are enforced into. Instead making diagnosis of mental health problems, in examples where the diagnosis becomes causal to problems, is used as a weapon of social control in much of 'the west'. This is an immutable fact. Being in a pshychiatric ward is factually a terrifying experience, and is where women and men have been raped by other patients, and are regularly being refuted in basic statements of observed fact by psychiatrists and psychiatric nurses. Once there is any question over a person's mental health, then many other people try to refute their entire set of experiential evidence for an advantage over them obtainable by so refuting. Put yourself in the position of being falsely accused of mental illness, suddenly every word you say which can refute the diagnosis is already diagnosed as the illness. Oddly also what happens is that some patients whom are actually mentally ill (which is all shaytan, and the diagnosis proper of schizophrenia belongs strictly only the them, and in fact they are happier people when let to be contained within strange behaviours), might be told that if they are given any diagnosis they do not want, then they can just say "no I am not that" and it will not be applied. As though only saying "no" in the first instance is enough to prove that they are not unwell. In Australia it has been the shaytan whom are being provided that advice. Whereas another section of the population, whom are only afraid and looking for methodology to manage fear, might be told that if they receive a diagnosis of an illness like schizophrenia, then they can not ever say "not I am not that" because saying "no" is the evidence that you are that. I have witnessed all these things in repeats. Most psychiatric wards are actually full of persons whom have been set up, as though with the ablity of a Jinn, and have had mass quantities of the ill mind of really sick people been forced upon them. Ironically the shaytan use such methodology to try to catch Jinn, but reality is that the Jinn are whom can sustain sanity while such methodology is used against. The method is often only begun by a GP prescribing anti-depressants, and/or a new boyfriend, or new flavour coke even perhaps. The persons in psychiatric wards whom have been so set up have received of much aid from The Jinn, and are therefore often the most adept in the community at coping with any other person's symptoms of mental illness. It is a very specific skill set that belongs, in origin, in Islam, and to the science of inter-cultural communication.

Hi Callum,

Ansar Al-'Adl could you place an empirical definition here to "the sleeper until he wakes? and is it that the mental body is active but the physical brain's comprehension is not possible because the action of the mental body had no physical behavioural component?

Among Aboriginal Australians we believe in encouraging each other to expose the worst in which we could like to behave, so as to let the illness of Spirit enter the physical body, therefore the brain manufactures substances of the self of contemporary social regard for that behaviour. Therefore also, when any illness is in the spirit/mental body, if there is even only a tiny portion of it brought down in the the physical/carnal mind, and so any substance of belief in Allah is formed around such illness, then the Spirit may be better enabled to acquit the account of in the body, and so experience the Spiritual cleansing, that death is, in completion.

If the person is possesed their control over themselves is not completely negated, and consequently they retain accountability for their actions. In the time of the Prophet pbuh, he himself distinguished between cases of mental illnesses or other medical problems and between satanic possesion. Early scholars have always maintained this distinction - for example we find that Ibn Al-Qayyim (d. 1350 CE) pointed it out in his writings on the topic and stated that medical treatment should be sought in the case of a physical illness and spiritual treatment in the case of satanic possesion.
What is being reported by Ibn Al-Qayyim is that there are two distinct treatments for two distinct happenings which occassionally accord very similar sets of symptoms. One happening is that of the disease of carnal body becoming less able to be borne in total in the physical body, and then the disease state moves into the finer matter, or rather the matter with higher frequency of vibrations. In this case the disease needs to be brought back down and disease born, or even often only slight discomfort, in the physical carnal body, beginning in the lower cogition, and then moving down through established sequences of organs and eventually out into the skin. Any doctor worth their salt can cause many mental disturbances to turn into a rash. That is, all of except either those among the actual shaytan, or those in any persons whom were over exposed to a higher degree of knowledge than their Spirit is able to think with.

The other happening is that of the disease state of mind of another person attacking your own mind. It could be that you might bring down into your body a portion of that disease in spirit as bodily illness, as an act of love, but truly, even and especially if it is really as an act of love that the body accepts disease as means of combatting mental illness; then it is best not to only accept the situation, but needs also that we identify the source of the attack upon the mind. (Was it a neighbour whose considerations of your garden were ill placed? For example "she plants lots of red flowers so therefore she likes red coloured food". That assertion has not logic, but an ill person might not need any logic and then mentally holds the other person in such reguard and then that other person with the garden could begin to eat more and more tomatoes and red capsicum, and the whole garden is getting more and more red in it . . . an exorcism of red fruit and flowers would lead the exorcist to giving the person instruction in respect of behavioural regard for the neighbour.)

The thing that is not spelt out precisely in the quote is that there is possession by shaytan and possession by the Muslim Jinn, and that the two phenomenon are entirely different. Then later on in the following part of the quote, these distinctions are made. In being exorcisted of shaytan there could be relief that causes crying or laughter. In being exorcised of one among the redeemable named Jinn, there might be a dialogue between the Jinn possessing the person, and the exorcist, by the Jinn manifesting assuming the whole responsibility for that person temporarily. In both instances it is very true that the person whom is possessed, at the outset, has the control of their bodily posture. We never give away our voluntary muscle control. If a Muslim Jinn is possessing another person, they first must abide in the cause of Soul of that person, and fund that cause as payment for learning through body. Then if the Jinn actualises even any suggestion of bodily posture, the Jinn is, in those moments, accepting total responsibility for that persons full existance. Thankyou for pointing to the word Ruqyah, it is a word which can in itself prevent any believer among the Jinn from any causing that other persons consider its being if those other persons are not willing.

Here in the following part of your post which I will continue the quote of, you refer to "the two", when I first read it I thought is it the difference between "the two" which are the mental health and the physical health, or difference between "the two" which are mental health caused by possession and mental ill health caused by . . . that must be that there is mental ill health caused by physical behaviour or assault. But then what about the mental ill health that is that any shaytan always have? It is not able to be brought down into the body EXCEPT EXPERIENTIALLY. (That is why Aboriginal communites tend to let drunks be drunks etc.- if they got it in them best to let it be down in this world of hard physical evidence. {off the point here: what about computer “hard” ware versus soft ware, what are those terms representative of? What is the evidence of any wrong and in that I doubt that we should apply lessons from computers to people.})

Confusion between the two does not occur frequently because the symptoms are usually very distinct. The first step in diagnosis is to perform Ruqyah, i.e. reading the Qur'an over the afflicted person. If there is no strange response, then the problem is most likely mental or physical. If the person responds to the Qur'an by abruptly beginning to cry and can't explain why, this is black magic. If the person looses conciousness or their eyes become fixed or begin to blink rapidly, or they begin to sake vigorously, then one may find a different voice emanating from the body (the Jinn) often speaking in another language or stating its name, in which case one proceeds to read Qur'an to make the Jinn leave. This is a very basic outline, but the point is that it is usually very obvious when possesion is involved.
Regards
Now reading again I perceive it is not two phenomenon but three. In diagnosis by performing Ruqyah:
no response means that a physical bodily cause is at the centre, perhaps a behavioural cause, or having hugged a new nextdoor neighbour whom brought in new germs, all of really behavioural;
crying means that a shaytan has been told to leave and the patient experiences immense emotional release, there after the behaviour should improve and health with;
behaving paranormally means that a Jinn has taken possession, but do not regard such possession, by the spirit of one belonging among the Jinn, unless it is behaviourally aligned with Islam, since the Jinn are become Muslim.

Now have another look at the beginning of your post:
of the Prophet pbuh, he himself distinguished between cases of mental illnesses or other medical problems and between satanic possesion.
This is a list of three forms of symptom patterns which seem similar but are distinct in causation.
We have:
mental illness;
physical illness;
satanic possession.

But here then what is missing from the list is that which describes that The Jinn whom are Muslim, can be verified and substantiated as causal to different phenomenon from either any illness caused physically, or any caused by shaytan possessing.

So I want to here then pose an argument to you, without leveling any accusation, since I know that texts often now used are less verifyable than ahadith, and often written by prominent figures like Bilal Phillips. That such are commonly accepted sources of enquiry this day about such matters is preposterous in light of the arguments within such about the nature of any evidence; it is entirely possible to perceive this without every opening any book about The Jinn whose worth is only knowable to Humanity through mythology not sociology and psychology. The Jinn may know Human psychology, but Humanity can not know Jinn psychology without becoming fallen. The cause of every fall into black magic can be ascertained as being among those whom sought to be alike to Jinn in supposing to have caught a Jinn. (Perhaps such “soft” texts are used because it is more difficult to evidence that Jinn are at work that the evidence of men is useful to men, but this is not true in the actual physical company of a Jinn. There is one possible Humanly comprehensible reference made to the Jinn being factually hard to substantiate in existence; and that is within reference to the fact that in the company of a person possessed by a shaytan, and a Shaman whom is calling upon a Jinn to help eradicate the shaytan, may not be every able to provide evidence of the Jinn’s work to his patient. The patient must rely upon his own sensitivity to the Jinn so as to experience the Jinn distinctly from the Shaman. Jinn are obligated not to expose being Jinn, and are open to being entrapped into exposure if once any such evidence is found.)

My argument is that every instance existing of mental illness is a fact of having become possessed. Children might be possessed by their siblings, or a wife by Her Husband. It is only illness if the direction of transmission of self and love, as distinct phenomenon, are flowing wrongly. In that case of course the result is mental illness. Again behavioural causation, in that usually in every case of mental illness, a male and female (now or ancestrally), have enacted falsely within traditional marriage law custom, and that is why the direction of flow of self reguard might go in the wrong direction and be preventing of self knowledge.

Is it that mental illness is defined by being a mental state which causes any level of debilitation of social function? What else could be occuring if not possession? Overeating so mass producing specific hormones perhaps? But if the hormones enter into disturbing psychological patterns, then it is because of a different input. An overabundance of hormones could manifest equally as learning to recite Qur’an. What, or, Who? is that input? The shaman's skill is entirely wrapped up in identifying that what, how, and who.

We can become possessed by the person behind the checkout at the shops only because the money in our wallet passed through their hands. They don't even need be a shaytan to enter our minds without our will, if we have money in which they projected some worth which we believed in. Just mutually agreeing upon the value upon the coins, can be invitation to enter the mind. Then we might realize that in the money was a projection upon our appearance, and if we take pleasure we manifest momentary like gog and magog, but if we sneeze, then we are bringing the “mental illness” down into the body. These are critical facts to have straight precisely because we are entering into the generations worst effected by gog and magog. With Gog and Magog, when Gog is the boss of Magog there is only physical body illness, but if Gog lets Magog be boss then there is mental illness.

Let me try to describe how I perceive the full picture.

There are illnesses of being over exposed to responsibilities beyond the reasoning ability of your own Soul. These can be congenital such as with the shaytan (in health as birds); or caused by abnormal experiential overload to knowledge.

There are illnesses which are caused by overload of the bodily sensitivity, in which the body is imposed upon to be less able to experience itself physically, and so the self forges passages through biological method, to become refined and stick onto the
Spirit, rather than the feelings. Spirit is thought and so then though becomes tangled in self regard and manifests mental illness. These sort of illnesses are caused by trauma to the physical body, whereas in the paragraph above, trauma to the spirit is acknowledged.

Distinctly then there is also trauma to the emotional body and that is the condition I constantly face.

These traumas can all be born in the situation of congenital overload, or only become by experiential overload, and I am in the later category.

Now distinct from these factors, there is working in an interplay with them, the fact of possessions occurring. The Jinn fight fire with fire, by possession those possessed by shaytan, and causing the mental function into a successful Jihad victory over the shaytan.

Trauma of Spirit, Emotion, or body, can tempt the shaytan to lay false accusations. That is exactly how most shaytan possessions occur.

So we must believe that there is always both a physical and a Spirit component. However within this distinction, of the density of matter, we can observe whether the present causation is from sustaining a poor behaviour/diet/environment, or if it is from being vulnerable to shaytan’s accusations while not able to be attuned to.

The fact is, in cases in which a Jinn is possessing a person so far as to cause them to speak, that they are most definitely not a person whom is house to their own Soul. Jinn might be making a possession so as to cause the person to speak in tongues specific sounds which make specific habits or alterations to habit. A kafir might have become the tool of a shaytan, and then a Jinn take the physical body over and boot out the shaytan. Then what will happen to the person if they were accustomed to being managed in decision making by a Shaytan?

I only mean here to provide a general broadening out of the whole debate about mental health and whom can or can not look after it well.

However what has sparked off my writing here, is that I find the slight discrepancy in Ansar Al-‘Adl’s post. Perhaps we can research the full set of ahadith? The Tibetean’s have a written document called “The Great Medicine” which lists every single wrongly formed mental practice that was then, and is now existent. That is, every combination and permutation of what every and any individual shaytan’s purpose can manifest in any given Human mind.

The thing about mental illnesses is that recovery is all about being as precise and as inclusive as is possible. These are conditions which every person whom successfully works with the mentally ill must acquire.

Truly it can be regarded as Alms only to be having conversations with a person whom is truly mentally ill, their need is for communicating and while ill that is often what they miss out on. The mentally ill are difficult to converse with and there is one skill alone which can help, and that is the skill of belief. Aid to the needy can rightfully be regarded as talking to a mentally ill person. There are voluntary organizations who fund training for people to go to visit mental hospitals for the purpose.

Hi Ansar,

Peace
In this post there is the suggestion that only illnesses as extreme as paranoid schizophrenia include being unable to control behaviour. My own belief is that a paranoid schizophrenic can control their behaviour very much quite as well as Bill Gates. The fact that mental illness is every used as reason to escape punishment from crime, has only ever had any credence because in prisons the conditions of fear are so far greater, that if any person has any fear around their ablity to hold their fear, prison will certainly turn them into immediate criminal mind. That fact lends some weight to making a place for persons whom are criminals and are diagnosed with mental illness. But truthfully is there a difference between real mental illness and real crime? That is, once the trauma aspect is accounted for.

Apart from that I have my own evidence that the depressed are also possessed, by in a different from of mental process. As for the the talk being “Alien”, despite the humourous analogy, there are factually very many other cultural references to possession.

What would you regard of your mental health if an Alien presented Himself to you and asked for your permission to navigate your mind into patterns of saving Earth? Most folk just agree because it is not so unpleasant and has a positive outcome. Yet it is a form of possession by the Jinn.

You're right, I was just pointing out that there was a distinction between mental illness and satanic possesion in Islam, but not all mental illnesses would render a person unaccountable as you correctly pointed out.
Here now the whole discussion is sorting itself out, but within allowing for a multitude of meanings. Reality is that there is mental illness which is usually a form of mental body/ spirit possession, but most often also by a known family member, and therefore recoverable. Then there is satanic possession. Occasionally it is recoverable, but most often not. The only way to recover is by detecting who is doing the possession and in what they are making false accusations. And it could be by any person in the street. Frighteningly it can also manifest in the shopping queue and even adults are susceptible to any person’s money’s worth possessing their own through the mechanisms of financial management in connection with computer technology. Just to point out that Possession and mental illness are very very broad subject areas.

format_quote Originally Posted by sargon
:

:
The trick of it is that it is the Christian brothers playing the trick. The Devil simply can not afford to deny being. While the Christian brothers, even to have thought of saying such a thing, most likely have had the Devil in them and are trying to prevent him returning to them so collect.

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Mental disorders cover a very wide spectrum. There are Genetic Disorders which are essentialy a birth defect. Two of the most common in that category are schizophrenia and Bi-polar disorder. However, the fact the person has a mental disorder does not equate with how well they act as a Muslim. A person with very severe schizophrenia is capable of being a good Muslim, even if they can not hold down gainful employment. this genetic disorders respond well to medication and the symptoms can be controlled. They are not caused by immoral behavior and by themselves do not lead to immoral behavior.

another group of disorders are the Behavioral disorders. These are the ones that a person "Learns" and are the result of the choices we make in life. these are the disorders that are usually treated with therapy and behavior modification. Personal I question the wisdom of calling them Mental disorders as often they are the result of improper behavior.

then we have the organic brain disorders which are the result of damage to the brain by either trauma or disease. They are the easiest to recognise, but the most difficult to treat. Quite often there is no treatment that produces lasting results.

I believe that the concept by some non-Muslims, towards Islams view of Mental disorders is because of the way we handle the Behavioral Disorders. Most Muslims (Myself Included) do not consider them to be a disease. I see them as a behavior problem and people looking for a quick fix to ease a guilty feeling.
I
This is an excellent post. The only aspect missing is that of the interplay between the genetic causation and the environmental. But of course, at all times, laws governing Human behaviour are the bottom line, and so behaviour must be regarded as the first most important key to all patterns of health and illness.

I want to state that if a person is not possessed, and are not able to sustain the belief in being able to control their own voluntary muscles, (and have no muscular problem), and that they are responsible for all the manifestations of their behaviour; then the problem is clearly, as Woodrow tells, a behavioural problem. Crime must not be allowed to use the blanket of assuming to itself the cover of those whom are engaged in intense personal Jihad.

Curaezipirid
12-01-2006, 11:44 PM
Assalamu

Today I read in a pamphlet published by and Australian Christian psychiatrist whom is familiar with Aboriginal culture, another example of the teaching of what happens when shaytan are exorcised.

He was writing about examples of apparently "incurable" mental illnesses, which fail to respond to medication. That many become cured by re-evaluating the family history, including learning unknown aspects of, exemplifies that there are three main forms of modern psychiatry, was his main point. He discribes their cure as one accompanied by plentiful shedding of tears.

He writes that there are three forms of psychiatry but not every form is well enough honoured.

First is the scientific model of micro-biology, and which is believed in by every psychiatrist.

Second is the model of narrative therapies in which work with a persons story is the belief of the psychiatrist,

then is the model of spirituality in psychiatry which has success where other forms fail.

I will make some further enquiry.

waram

Curaezipirid
12-06-2006, 09:28 AM
Just me again!

I think I have a large amount to say about the issue of mental illness because I have had a false diagnosis of mental illness forced upon me. I shall tell a little about why I believe that has been the case, and then respond a littel further to some of the other posts in this thread. First and foremost however, like me say that there are no psychologists whom believe that I am mentally ill, and the psychology profession is rather reporting of me that I am only exceptionally over stressed. That is the fact of the matter. I have a mild post traumatic stress condition from being in a near fatal natural disaster when I was a teenager, and that combined with haveing had an accident that caused a uterine prolapse when I was only three years old.

However I have been forced into a false diagnosis of schizophrenia. Within that diagnosis I have had to be very clever to avoid being forced onto medication for the rest of my life, and am sort of fortunate that the whole public health system here is too overstretched to be bothering with enforcing the medications that they want to try to enforce upon those falsely diagnosed as mentally ill.

What I and others have witnessed here is that there are shaytan whom are qualified psychiatrists and whom have been forcing the diagnosis of schizophrenia onto those of us whom are awake and able to detect whom the shaytan are. In actual fact the diagnosis of schizophrenia was originally for only shaytan themselves, but is now a larger group of persons including very many whom are effected by the shaytan's use of black magic/sihr (?I forgot that word and wondered if it was sifa cause I have had to find out so much about black magic/ sihr, just to establish my health- the truth of sihr is extremely terrifying, and many persons whom find out what it is, are thereafter diagnosed as ill because they have no way of preventing shaytan from frightening them, as though they are whom are at fault for shaytan forcing knowledge of sifr into their minds)

The fact in Australia, and also, I believe, in parts of the US, is that shaytan have caused that they can enforce their own mental ill health upon the innocent, and that causes a whole set of psychological symptoms which are ultimately recoverable from within an Islamic education.

When I first began to learn in Islam, in 2001, it took less then two years for the uterine prolapse to recover only by my own self knowledge and exercise. I had been unwell with it, because of shaytan forcing sihr on me, for thirty odd years. But I could not recover without becoming certain in my mind of who I am and that I am not who is doing the sihr I am constantly perceiving because of shaytan whom are blaming me before I could have married.

Shaytan can force mental illnesses upon any persons whom they like through money, and chose only those persons whom they suspect have no supportive believing accountible community around them. Shaytans persectute such persons by presenting themselves as the most accountible people around, and then enforcing the mentality that they are whom are able to hold the rest of the population to account. So you see how sneaky they are. Only by the weapons which work against sihr can we defeat them. Those weapons are Pestilance War Famine and Death. That is why we must all meet Allah in the hour, to know what our own account it of why we must bear with such as Death.

But now let me respond to these quotes:

format_quote Originally Posted by Rose_Ice
I think u've got all ur facts wrong. Mental disorders are caused by the devil influencing ur thoughts and making u think illogically etc. Today all these psychological treatments just help u change ur views and ways of thinking depending on ur disorder, but they don't get 2 the root of the problem, which is the shaitan. Islam, however, tells us how 2 cure the problem permanenty.
Shaytan are indeed the root of the problem, and when they imagine that they themselves are the actual Devil, then they cause that the whole role of the Devil in Ancient culture becomes misconceived. That is why in Islam we are required to learn the truth, that The Jinn exist, and are distinct beings from the Shaytan. That there is one among the Jinn named Iblis, whom used to be named Satan, is a fact because he was whom has been most provident to all of us in protecting us from the shaytan by deceiving them - in which they imagined to be deceiving us and each other, because they will not believe in The Jinn. The Jinn are good at helping to repair the mental health of Humans whom are effected by sihr.

format_quote Originally Posted by renak
My mother is schizo affective, and has suffered with mental illness since I was a young child. A lot of family members, and church members refuse to believe that she has an actual illness, and have convinced her a few times that she just needs to pray and surrender her illness to religion. This of course did not help.

I can understand how mild depression can be "cured" by prayer, etc...However, more complicated forms of mental illness need to be treated with medication. I think that it is due to hormonal imbalances, and envirnmental influences.

Psychiatric drugs and research are really a blessing to many people.
I wrote before that the original schizophrenia disease is that which is exactly the diagnosis of being a shaytan. But these days many other persons have been lumped into that category also. However the Schizo-effective range of disorders is that of being a person very much under the influence of sihr, but in a state of mind of gradual recovery. (I am at the lowest range of the scale of being schizo-affective, in the PAI and WAISS testing combination)

Greetings Ansar,

Peace
This is an interesting paradigm of a question, and I notice that other folk have been interested also in answering it, and the question itself, and all the answers are commendable. However I have one further answer. Yes it is possible that:
a person whom is by definition mentally ill because they are factually a shaytan (and thereby a form of life closer to insects and birds by nature : yet whom are Souls in Allah : but quite unable to respond Humanly while living in a Human form : and also unable entirely to exist in any mammal form : so need to be given the self of an Ant : bet you all are sure I am crazy now huh?) . . . a mentally ill person whom is, by definition, a shaytan, can become mistaken for a person whom is possessed by shaytan!

that is a real danger, because when actual shaytan convince others that they are only possessed by shaytan, they are usually also enforcing the identity of being a shaytan onto the innocent

because of that danger, I, and others whom are enabled like I, (any Magi), will most often just let other people believe that we are shaytan - better be over cautious than under cautious!

Greetings,

I can see the thrust of what you are saying. In societies with a low level of education it's common to find people who believe in all kinds of superstitions that seem incredible elsewhere.

Peace
There is another trust, or jist, of meaning in this thread. In societies like all of the industrialised west, where there is a low level of education about sihr, people are really very incredibly gullible and slow to perceive when they are being wronged by the shaytan. That is why shaytan do try to convince us to keep Religion and Science apart, when in fact there is no Religion without it being a scientific thought process, and no Science without belief in Allah.

That's all, except I should also add that a moderator has politely asked me to stop spelling Salam as Waram in Indigenous Australian way, and as this is the first post I have made since I read that, I should now write Salam instead of Waram.

Alaykmuasalam from Rivaq

Curaezipirid
12-06-2006, 09:32 AM
salam

I have not made that further enquiry yet, but need to bear it constantly in mind since I will,

wasalam

Curaezipirid
12-06-2006, 09:42 AM
Oops, I should add also that what motivated me to make these further posts this evening (this the third of), was reading again the question about the treatment of patients with actual schizophrenia in Saudi Arabia.

No wonder they are treated poorly when we know, that if the diagnosis is real, they are shaytan. But then, I have met an Arab shaytn whom had no cover of such a diagnosis, or any other sign of being a shaytn, except that she exposed it to me by her posture.

The key to knowing whom they are is two fold. That they can not believe in long stories, or even comprehend properly long sentences. Yet they can beleive in short moments, so little facts are their way. No ifs and buts, just plain is or is not, is all that they comprehend. But they also comprehend that if something is, it can be made not in certain situations, and so they try to deny any aspect of being which they do not like.

In that approach to belief which has no science from a Human point of veiw, (science to a shaytan is to try to disprove as the test for if it is real - if real then no matter how much sihr is applied to try to thwart the phenomena, the real phenomena continues to manifest as though the sihr was not enacted) . . . no science from a Human point of veiw, the approach of shaytn is reality observable when in physical meeting because the communication of language is that exact opposite to the communication with posture. This will be true in every case except among those for whom the turtle is their story - that is they whom, by bone structure, live in a story like the Odessy, and so can be somewhat tricky to detect - as I had been tricked by previous to learning within Islam)

I could keep rattling on forever but shall not.

Salams

M.I.A.
12-10-2006, 02:52 PM
yes someone pointed out yasin should increase his knowlege.. unfortunatly any western perspective is based on the works of people i have less than full confidence in.
someone drop some islamic links so i could increase my knowlege aswell.

Muezzin
12-10-2006, 03:37 PM
Satanic or Jinn possession are the exception, not the rule. Islam does indeed accept mental illness. Whether all of its followers do is open to debate.

Curious girl2
12-11-2006, 12:39 AM

I dont think Islamic countrys are particularly ignorant towards mental illness, many developing world countrys are, and of course some of them are primarily Islamic, so I guess it would seem that way. But you have only got to look at some of the Eastern block countrys like Romania and see how they have treated mentally ill people in the recent past to realise that the problem isnt an Islamic one. Its all down to ignorance in the end. People need to be educated to see that mental illness is a proper illness and can be treated. But even in so called first world countrys such as UK and US you will find that mental health is the poor relative in health care.

Peace CG

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.