/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Early Muslims in the USA

renak
03-21-2006, 07:57 AM
http://www.beautifulislam.net/history/melungeons_p.html

I don't know if anyone is interested in American history. If so, you may want to check out the thread above which pertains to early muslims in the USA, which are largely overlooked by American history.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
itsme01
03-21-2006, 08:22 AM
sweet! this is a great article. Read the whole thing!

In the mid 1600s, there were people living among the Powhatans and related tribes of eastern Virginia and North Carolina who wre described as dark like Indians, but called "Portugals." A similar people in South Carolina called themselves "Turks." The early seventeenth-century Powhatan Indian description of Heaven is nearly word for word the description found in the Holy Qur'an.
:thumbs_up

thanks for sharing Renak!

north_malaysian
03-21-2006, 09:27 AM
Whoa... moriscos went to India. Plus 'portuguese' muslims are among portuguese pioneers? I dont think so.

When Portuguese came to Malacca (presently in Malaysia) in 1511, they killed all Muslims - Malays, Indians, Arabs, Persians, Turks, Javanese. They took Muslim tombstones and built their famous fort 'A Famosa'. Plus they have sex with Muslim women and forced them to be Catholics. Their children were raised as Catholics, and now this 50,000 people are known as Serani. Catholics with Malay look. Alhamdulillah some managed to revert back to Islam in this modern days. I think 2% of them are Muslims.

Because of this 1511 tragedy Malays always be prejudiced to the Christians. No religious group dares to attack Malays but the Catholic. For Malays, Christianity is spread by swords. I dont think the 'Portuguese' includes andalucian muslims and jews.:offended:

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-21-2006, 09:32 AM
Sorry bro, what are you getting at?:?
I thought the article was really cool. Thanks for sharing.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
north_malaysian
03-22-2006, 03:19 AM
I just denying the Moriscos in India, and Portuguese conquistadores in Southeast Asia comprised of Moors too.

Regarding to America, no offence.

renak
03-22-2006, 03:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
I just denying the Moriscos in India, and Portuguese conquistadores in Southeast Asia comprised of Moors too.

Regarding to America, no offence.
Since you're Malaysian, I'm not going to argue. You know more about it than I do.:)

abdul Majid
03-22-2006, 04:01 AM
nice post

north_malaysian
03-22-2006, 08:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by renak
Since you're Malaysian, I'm not going to argue. You know more about it than I do.:)
Yeah, saying that Muslims spread Islam by swords is not well consumed by Malaysians because our ancestors have met Christians spreading Christianity by swords here in 1511.:offended:

Halima
03-22-2006, 01:08 PM
:sl:

Thread moved please post in the right section.

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.