/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A genius is now a fraud!

physics_whizz
03-21-2006, 02:38 PM
:sl:
I thought I'd let u ppl know that Albert Enstien is given the red card as some scientists believe he is a fraud. I love this....you can't get better news than to know that the stuff you are being taught was told by a fraud.

How was he a fraud?

Basically....he stole other scintists ideas...for example: Planck whose 'discovery' we formaly use as 'Plancks constant'.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aakhirah
03-21-2006, 02:42 PM

Unless you are the source, please could we have some sort of reference? Trust me, it always help...

A.

Ghazi
03-21-2006, 02:46 PM
Salaam

Please brother lets refrine from backbitting.

physics_whizz
03-21-2006, 02:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aakhirah

Unless you are the source, please could we have some sort of reference? Trust me, it always help...

A.
:sl: I am the source? I wish!
No brother, it was in the newspaper...maybe you should read more.:rollseyes

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muezzin
03-21-2006, 02:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Salaam

Please brother lets refrine from backbitting.
Firstly, it's backbiting with one 't'.

Secondly, could it not be said that Einstein came to the same conclusions as other scientists, without actually stealing them? I'm not well versed in these matters, but it just occurred to me. I mean, I could have a great idea for a story, but when I put it out in the public domain, I realise that there's a movie just like it, and everyone says I ripped it off, when in fact I didn't.

physics_whizz
03-21-2006, 02:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Firstly, it's backbiting with one 't'.

Secondly, could it not be said that Einstein came to the same conclusions as other scientists, without actually stealing them? I'm not well versed in these matters, but it just occurred to me. I mean, I could have a great idea for a story, but when I put it out in the public domain, I realise that there's a movie just like it, and everyone says I ripped it off, when in fact I didn't.

No, because quite frankly....
When a scientist has made a 'discovery' he/she MUST add their quotes (source of information) to their resaerch. Einstien did not do this, he made discoveries but showed no use of where he got these ideas from.:?

HeiGou
03-21-2006, 02:57 PM
could it not be said that Einstein came to the same conclusions as other scientists, without actually stealing them? I'm not well versed in these matters, but it just occurred to me. I mean, I could have a great idea for a story, but when I put it out in the public domain, I realise that there's a movie just like it, and everyone says I ripped it off, when in fact I didn't.
Many great ideas in science are "floating" around in the sense that many people are gradually exploring their way forward and several of them are more or less on to something at about the same time, but they do not quite know what it is until someone has a break-through. Charles Darwin was nearly scooped by Alfred Russell Wallace for instance.

However Einstein came up with his great ideas while working as a patent clerk in Switzerland. He had a great deal of trouble getting his ideas published. He had been denied further research opportunities because, basically, he did not have a powerful "patron". There was no way that he stole those ideas from anyone because he would not have been able to and anyway, great figures steal from little figures. Nobodies do not steal from Somebodies.

He never did such great work again and in fact wasted a lot of the last years of his life because he did not like Quantum mechanics and tried to prove it wrong. Which suggests that the last thing he would do would be steal an idea from a pioneer in Quantum mechanics like Planck.

aakhirah
03-21-2006, 03:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by physics_whizz
No brother, it was in the newspaper...maybe you should read more
... which is why I want to see the source! It's not in every newspaper, that's for sure.

physics_whizz
03-21-2006, 03:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aakhirah
... which is why I want to see the source! It's not in every newspaper, that's for sure.

:sl: Fine. Let me do my searching on the net *even though I have better things to do*

physics_whizz
03-21-2006, 03:05 PM
salam, not the EXACT thing I read...but more or less the same:
http://www.straightdope.com/columns/041224.html

By the way, I am still looking for the 'original' article.

akulion
03-21-2006, 03:06 PM
what was the news paper called? its name?

physics_whizz
03-21-2006, 03:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by akulion
what was the news paper called? its name?

teacher was reading it...it may have been the daily telegraph or the 'New Scientist'....am TRYING to find it though.
salam

Muezzin
03-21-2006, 03:09 PM
I thought I'd let u ppl know that Albert Enstien is given the red card as some scientists believe he is a fraud.
Yeah, but some scientists believe we all live in a holographic universe, and that doesn't make it true.

I agree with Hei-Gou's reasoning. That's what I was trying to say, but I'm not as 'clued-up' as it were in Physics matters. :)

akulion
03-21-2006, 03:10 PM
i did a search for "Albert Enstien" + "fraud" but came up with nothing on google yet

physics_whizz
03-21-2006, 03:10 PM
Yeah, but some scientists believe we all live in a holographic universe, and that doesn't make it true.

I agree with Hei-Gou's reasoning. That's what I was trying to say, but I'm not as 'clued-up' as it were in Physics matters. :)

:sl: oKAY....ur right i am wrong. satisfied!

salam

Muezzin
03-21-2006, 03:11 PM
:sl: oKAY....ur right i am wrong. satisfied!

salam
I'm not saying that. Just need some proof. :)

physics_whizz
03-21-2006, 03:12 PM
I'm not saying that. Just need some proof. :)

:sl: I have given proof...go and find the rest yourself if you are so interested.
salam

MetSudaisTwice
03-21-2006, 03:12 PM
salam
the proof provided does not look authentic enough, but it is still a source and allahu alam
waslam

akulion
03-21-2006, 03:15 PM
well dont get angry physics....

its just that when anyone starts a thread claiming a thing on any forum...they are cross questioned for their references and sources so that everyone can establish if the news holds any weight or not...thats all

so lets chill and until we can see some more evidence which is more "quotable" as opposed to the site already given

Cheb
03-21-2006, 03:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HeiGou
Many great ideas in science are "floating" around in the sense that many people are gradually exploring their way forward and several of them are more or less on to something at about the same time, but they do not quite know what it is until someone has a break-through. Charles Darwin was nearly scooped by Alfred Russell Wallace for instance.

However Einstein came up with his great ideas while working as a patent clerk in Switzerland. He had a great deal of trouble getting his ideas published. He had been denied further research opportunities because, basically, he did not have a powerful "patron". There was no way that he stole those ideas from anyone because he would not have been able to and anyway, great figures steal from little figures. Nobodies do not steal from Somebodies.

He never did such great work again and in fact wasted a lot of the last years of his life because he did not like Quantum mechanics and tried to prove it wrong. Which suggests that the last thing he would do would be steal an idea from a pioneer in Quantum mechanics like Planck.
Definitely agree. Honestly I have not looked into the allegations, I just dont see how it could be true.

HeiGou
03-21-2006, 03:17 PM
Oh My God! I nearly fell off my chair when I read that.

Are you sure? Can I quote you?

aakhirah
03-21-2006, 03:19 PM
I have reason to believe it's a one-off...

physics_whizz
03-21-2006, 03:20 PM

akh!:grumbling
I am telling the truth...my teacher was reading the newspaper/magazine...and he told us.

But then again, i'll leave you to find the magazine and newspaper:)

Muezzin
03-21-2006, 03:22 PM

Sure. It makes me giggle when people quote me - as if I've ever said something worth quoting. :p

Nah, I'm not really one to bear grudges based on differences of opinions. I'll bear a grudge if someone knowingly hurts me or a loved one and is not remorseful. Differing opinions on the other hand are a great motivator for forward motion.

And besides, I really do agree with you on that point. :)

MetSudaisTwice
03-21-2006, 03:22 PM
salam
heigou there is no agreement or disagreement for no reason, so if there is a reason for bro muezzin to agree that isnt much of a shock coz maybe it is true
wasalam

Cheb
03-21-2006, 03:32 PM
akh!:grumbling
I am telling the truth...my teacher was reading the newspaper/magazine...and he told us.

But then again, i'll leave you to find the magazine and newspaper:)
lol sister I dont think he was talking about what you posted ;)

Mainul_Islam
03-22-2006, 12:28 AM
Yeah, but some scientists believe we all live in a holographic universe
huh? what do u mean?

Genius
03-22-2006, 12:34 AM
:grumbling I'm not a fraud

Mainul_Islam
03-22-2006, 12:37 AM
ROFL

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.