PDA

View Full Version : A genius is now a fraud!



physics_whizz
03-21-2006, 02:38 PM
:sl:
I thought I'd let u ppl know that Albert Enstien is given the red card as some scientists believe he is a fraud. I love this....you can't get better news than to know that the stuff you are being taught was told by a fraud.

How was he a fraud?

Basically....he stole other scintists ideas...for example: Planck whose 'discovery' we formaly use as 'Plancks constant'.

:w:
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aakhirah
03-21-2006, 02:42 PM
:sl:

Unless you are the source, please could we have some sort of reference? Trust me, it always help...

:w:

A.
Reply

Ghazi
03-21-2006, 02:46 PM
Salaam

Please brother lets refrine from backbitting.
Reply

physics_whizz
03-21-2006, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by aakhirah
:sl:

Unless you are the source, please could we have some sort of reference? Trust me, it always help...

:w:

A.
:sl: I am the source? I wish!
No brother, it was in the newspaper...maybe you should read more.:rollseyes
:w:
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Muezzin
03-21-2006, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by islam-truth
Salaam

Please brother lets refrine from backbitting.
Firstly, it's backbiting with one 't'.

Secondly, could it not be said that Einstein came to the same conclusions as other scientists, without actually stealing them? I'm not well versed in these matters, but it just occurred to me. I mean, I could have a great idea for a story, but when I put it out in the public domain, I realise that there's a movie just like it, and everyone says I ripped it off, when in fact I didn't.
Reply

physics_whizz
03-21-2006, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by Muezzin
Firstly, it's backbiting with one 't'.

Secondly, could it not be said that Einstein came to the same conclusions as other scientists, without actually stealing them? I'm not well versed in these matters, but it just occurred to me. I mean, I could have a great idea for a story, but when I put it out in the public domain, I realise that there's a movie just like it, and everyone says I ripped it off, when in fact I didn't.

:sl:
No, because quite frankly....
When a scientist has made a 'discovery' he/she MUST add their quotes (source of information) to their resaerch. Einstien did not do this, he made discoveries but showed no use of where he got these ideas from.:?
:w:
Reply

HeiGou
03-21-2006, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by Muezzin
could it not be said that Einstein came to the same conclusions as other scientists, without actually stealing them? I'm not well versed in these matters, but it just occurred to me. I mean, I could have a great idea for a story, but when I put it out in the public domain, I realise that there's a movie just like it, and everyone says I ripped it off, when in fact I didn't.
Many great ideas in science are "floating" around in the sense that many people are gradually exploring their way forward and several of them are more or less on to something at about the same time, but they do not quite know what it is until someone has a break-through. Charles Darwin was nearly scooped by Alfred Russell Wallace for instance.

However Einstein came up with his great ideas while working as a patent clerk in Switzerland. He had a great deal of trouble getting his ideas published. He had been denied further research opportunities because, basically, he did not have a powerful "patron". There was no way that he stole those ideas from anyone because he would not have been able to and anyway, great figures steal from little figures. Nobodies do not steal from Somebodies.

He never did such great work again and in fact wasted a lot of the last years of his life because he did not like Quantum mechanics and tried to prove it wrong. Which suggests that the last thing he would do would be steal an idea from a pioneer in Quantum mechanics like Planck.
Reply

aakhirah
03-21-2006, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by physics_whizz
No brother, it was in the newspaper...maybe you should read more
... which is why I want to see the source! It's not in every newspaper, that's for sure.
Reply

physics_whizz
03-21-2006, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by aakhirah
... which is why I want to see the source! It's not in every newspaper, that's for sure.

:sl: Fine. Let me do my searching on the net *even though I have better things to do*
Reply

physics_whizz
03-21-2006, 03:05 PM
salam, not the EXACT thing I read...but more or less the same:
http://www.straightdope.com/columns/041224.html

By the way, I am still looking for the 'original' article.
Reply

akulion
03-21-2006, 03:06 PM
what was the news paper called? its name?
Reply

physics_whizz
03-21-2006, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by akulion
what was the news paper called? its name?

:sl:
teacher was reading it...it may have been the daily telegraph or the 'New Scientist'....am TRYING to find it though.
salam
Reply

Muezzin
03-21-2006, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by physics_whizz
:sl:
I thought I'd let u ppl know that Albert Enstien is given the red card as some scientists believe he is a fraud.
Yeah, but some scientists believe we all live in a holographic universe, and that doesn't make it true.

I agree with Hei-Gou's reasoning. That's what I was trying to say, but I'm not as 'clued-up' as it were in Physics matters. :)
Reply

akulion
03-21-2006, 03:10 PM
i did a search for "Albert Enstien" + "fraud" but came up with nothing on google yet
Reply

physics_whizz
03-21-2006, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by Muezzin
Yeah, but some scientists believe we all live in a holographic universe, and that doesn't make it true.

I agree with Hei-Gou's reasoning. That's what I was trying to say, but I'm not as 'clued-up' as it were in Physics matters. :)

:sl: oKAY....ur right i am wrong. satisfied!

salam
Reply

Muezzin
03-21-2006, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by physics_whizz
:sl: oKAY....ur right i am wrong. satisfied!

salam
I'm not saying that. Just need some proof. :)
Reply

physics_whizz
03-21-2006, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by Muezzin
I'm not saying that. Just need some proof. :)

:sl: I have given proof...go and find the rest yourself if you are so interested.
salam
Reply

MetSudaisTwice
03-21-2006, 03:12 PM
salam
the proof provided does not look authentic enough, but it is still a source and allahu alam
waslam
Reply

akulion
03-21-2006, 03:15 PM
well dont get angry physics....

its just that when anyone starts a thread claiming a thing on any forum...they are cross questioned for their references and sources so that everyone can establish if the news holds any weight or not...thats all

so lets chill and until we can see some more evidence which is more "quotable" as opposed to the site already given
Reply

Cheb
03-21-2006, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by HeiGou
Many great ideas in science are "floating" around in the sense that many people are gradually exploring their way forward and several of them are more or less on to something at about the same time, but they do not quite know what it is until someone has a break-through. Charles Darwin was nearly scooped by Alfred Russell Wallace for instance.

However Einstein came up with his great ideas while working as a patent clerk in Switzerland. He had a great deal of trouble getting his ideas published. He had been denied further research opportunities because, basically, he did not have a powerful "patron". There was no way that he stole those ideas from anyone because he would not have been able to and anyway, great figures steal from little figures. Nobodies do not steal from Somebodies.

He never did such great work again and in fact wasted a lot of the last years of his life because he did not like Quantum mechanics and tried to prove it wrong. Which suggests that the last thing he would do would be steal an idea from a pioneer in Quantum mechanics like Planck.
Definitely agree. Honestly I have not looked into the allegations, I just dont see how it could be true.
Reply

HeiGou
03-21-2006, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by Muezzin
I agree with Hei-Gou's reasoning. That's what I was trying to say, but I'm not as 'clued-up' as it were in Physics matters. :)
Oh My God! I nearly fell off my chair when I read that.

Are you sure? Can I quote you?
Reply

aakhirah
03-21-2006, 03:19 PM
I have reason to believe it's a one-off...
Reply

physics_whizz
03-21-2006, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by HeiGou
Oh My God! I nearly fell off my chair when I read that.

Are you sure? Can I quote you?

:sl:
akh!:grumbling
I am telling the truth...my teacher was reading the newspaper/magazine...and he told us.

But then again, i'll leave you to find the magazine and newspaper:)
Reply

Muezzin
03-21-2006, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by HeiGou
Oh My God! I nearly fell off my chair when I read that.

Are you sure? Can I quote you?
Sure. It makes me giggle when people quote me - as if I've ever said something worth quoting. :p

Nah, I'm not really one to bear grudges based on differences of opinions. I'll bear a grudge if someone knowingly hurts me or a loved one and is not remorseful. Differing opinions on the other hand are a great motivator for forward motion.

And besides, I really do agree with you on that point. :)
Reply

MetSudaisTwice
03-21-2006, 03:22 PM
salam
heigou there is no agreement or disagreement for no reason, so if there is a reason for bro muezzin to agree that isnt much of a shock coz maybe it is true
wasalam
Reply

Cheb
03-21-2006, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by physics_whizz
:sl:
akh!:grumbling
I am telling the truth...my teacher was reading the newspaper/magazine...and he told us.

But then again, i'll leave you to find the magazine and newspaper:)
lol sister I dont think he was talking about what you posted ;)
Reply

Mainul_Islam
03-22-2006, 12:28 AM
Originally Posted by Muezzin
Yeah, but some scientists believe we all live in a holographic universe
huh? what do u mean?
Reply

Genius
03-22-2006, 12:34 AM
:grumbling I'm not a fraud
Reply

Mainul_Islam
03-22-2006, 12:37 AM
ROFL
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-25-2009, 05:34 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-13-2008, 04:40 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-07-2008, 07:05 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-09-2005, 02:25 PM
  5. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-11-2005, 06:48 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!