/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is the best way to learn about religion

anis_z24
03-22-2006, 04:14 AM
Salam
I was talking with my friend in school for the reason that we saw the Bible.
Then we went all the way into why trinity, about St.Paul.
And I can talk about anything with Islam but I have dont have experience about Christianity, and I heard that Paul made 90% of Christianity. And when I said that to my friend he gave me a CD about how good he was.
So if you can help me and the people of my like(in my situation)
May Allah reward you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
abdul Majid
03-22-2006, 05:10 AM
SALAM ALAKUM BROTHER,

regarding paul.....ST.PAUL (also known as SAUL), born in Tarsus on 4C.E ; Died in 64C.E), Who is considered to be the founder of Christianity, himself suffered failure in his love. During his youth, when ST.PAUL was a JEW, he fell in love with a woman named POPEA, who was the daughter of the high priest of the JEWS. She possessed haunting beauty. She liked PAUL but then she rejected his offers of marriage and went to ROME as an actress. She started her career on the stage and climbing the ladder step by step she reached the Roman Emperor who finally married her, and POPEA became the Empress of the ROMAN Empire. It could be one of the major reasons PAUL resented both the JEWS and the ROMANS. PAUL'S conversation to Christianity occurred right after his being rejected by POPEA. Perhaps that could be the reason the PAUL never married and he preached others to abstian from marital relationships. His famous dictum in the BIBLE is:Ï say therefore to the unmarried and the widows, it is good for them if they can abide even as I".(I Corinthians 7: 8).......if you want more tell me...

salam alakum

anis_z24
03-23-2006, 04:24 AM
Salam
thank you brother.
Do you know where I can find more info about this.

strider
03-23-2006, 05:14 PM
Assalamu alaikum

Don't preach their religion to them, rather enquire about their beliefs. It is wrong to use information which you are taking to be correct at face value, if all you care about is to deflame someone's beliefs. We don't like it (well i certainly don't) when i am told by non-Muslims what i am supposed to believe in e.g. i worship Muhammed, and hence you could do well to treat them in the same manner you would like to be treated. :)

Ma'assalama

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
03-23-2006, 05:21 PM
i always thought the bets way to learn was to pray to Allah to bless you with a teacher who will teach u in accorance wiv Ahlal sunnah wal jama'ah.

but Allahu allam

strider
03-23-2006, 05:26 PM
Assalamu alaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by Pr4sE
i always thought the bets way to learn was to pray to Allah to bless you with a teacher who will teach u in accorance wiv Ahlal sunnah wal jama'ah.

but Allahu allam
It is better to learn directly from the person who holds the beliefs.

Ma'assalama

anis_z24
03-25-2006, 08:19 PM
Salam
-Does any one know where I can learn about christianity without a bised point of view
Thank You

strider
03-25-2006, 11:00 PM
Assalamu alaikum, brother

I think you will be extremely hard-pushed to find such a person. Just talk to a Christian. You can learn about their beliefs first hand.

Ma'assalama

anis_z24
03-26-2006, 04:23 PM
Salam
I am looking for texts about christanity.
I dont want be clueless when this subject comes up

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.