/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Scared to do prayers alone

shanu
03-22-2006, 06:58 PM
Assalamu alaikum dear brothers and sisters in islam,
i hope ur in a good state of imaan.
I want to share with u a problem i had, and how i managed to overcome it.

Usually i come home late at night after work, where i have to perform isha and sunnah prayers in the dead of the night like 2am. I feel a bit ashamed to say this, but for a person who is pious like me, i had fear in my heart. Fear of ghosts. I know this sounds childish. But like wen i go n sujood i feel scared that smeone will scare me from behind.

Salah is the 1st question Allah will ask in the day of judgement. If the fard prayers are not right, Allah will take a look at the sunnah and the nawafil. Prayer is not about some ritualistic movements and some monotonous recitations. U need Khushoo in salat. Khushoo here refer to concentration and submitting urself to Allah in peace. And to do that, we need to be to be fully aware of what our movemnets mean and what are we saying.
I try my best to follow whatever the Prophet does, And He does his prayer veryy slowly.

In our prayer, the common problems we face is, our thoughts go to other things, even though our physcial movements are there, but our mind isnt. Its like a body without a soul. And The Prophet has mentioned only 1/10 of one's prayer reaches god because of the distractions, thats y we must be VERy focused. Sad to say, u can pray 15 times a day, but if there 's no Khushoo then ur prayer has little value.

Most of my prayer im able to do this excpet in da dead night when everyone is asleep.
1st breakthrough
I engraved that I MUST ONLY FEAR ALLAH AND NOTHING ELSE in my heart. And my main aim is to have the fullest amount of Khushoo in my prayer so that 100% will reach Allah. So whenever shaytaan scared me, i tink that ALLAH IS WHO I SHOULD FEAR AND NO ONE ELSE, and i kick shaytaan's thought away from ma mind and focus

2ndly)
Our thoughts go astray when we dont know what we are saying. So i learnt the translations of each action in the prayer by heart. And each time i say the words, i reflect on the meaning. In this way my mind is on the track of prayer. Smtimes Shaytaan comes and tries to scare me, and i just think i must fear Allah only and continue to focus

3rdly)
U must feel the love for Allah, and prayer is to glorify and please him, so u must do ur best and do it very slowly. Nowdays people;s hassle is to do 5 prayers they hardly even concentrate on their prayers as they are so tied to this world. Last time, in the prophet's time people looked 4ward to the next prayer and they fight with shaytaan to focus fully.

I managed finally and proud to say, i am not scared anymore :D, tonight i did sunnah fard and everytg not just one prayer and i did each slow and fully focused. The greatest jihad according to me is this. Jihad For god's sake doesnt mean holy war, i hope u guys know that, It means struggle for Allah's sake, struggle to be free from temptations. Holy war in arabick is Qital, so guys pls dun get confused. This is the greatest jihad as ur fighting ur fears which lay as obstacles in ur path to Allah's pleasure, so u can get closer to him. So people do jihad in ur prayers with Shaytaan, and Allah will surely reward u. I hope people are not scared as i was. MAY ALLAH BLESS U :sister:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Z
03-22-2006, 07:03 PM
Salaam.

It felt good reading that. And congrats on your first night of prayers without feeling scared. I wish someday we all have the courage you show.

Way to go Shanu.

The Ruler
03-22-2006, 07:03 PM
looooooooooollllllll ;D ;D ;D

i had da same probs wid me....i even lukd around jus to make sure wen im prayin :heated: ....wen ur scared, try to focus everyfin on Allah....think about wat surah ur readin....concentrate on evrywrd ur readin....it helps to overcum da fear....n .....make sure da lyt of da room is switched on.....u cud also pray in da far coner so dat u v a view of da entire room :)

but still uv overcum it already rite :?

:w:

nafy
03-22-2006, 07:04 PM
Salaamz

awwwwwwwwww mashAllah!!!! thnx 4 sharing dat sis!!! :D it dus actually help....cus i myself am kinda scared 2 read prayers during fajr tym cus its dark den and every1z asleep n dat !! so u know....

thnx alot!!

jazakAllah!!!! das very helpful advice

take care
w/salaamz :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
afriend
03-22-2006, 08:34 PM
Jazakallah.

But u live in India......NOW I KNOW WHY!!

If I was in Bangladesh, I would make sure I had ALL my Bodyguards behind me for a start!

But........Yeah, it used to happen to me...And still duz happen...

But try to think that Allah wont let anything happen/......

abdul Majid
03-22-2006, 08:48 PM
Put Your Trust In Allah Sis

shanu
03-24-2006, 07:24 PM
Thank u so much 4 ur support people :D May Allah bless u
Bro Iqram, lol i think praying ayat ul kurssi, will give u much better body guards :D

Dr3amsar3mad3
06-07-2016, 04:20 AM
Ever since I was a little girl prayer has been a rough concentration battle. Reading this article has shown me the strength I need. Thank you

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.