/* */

PDA

View Full Version : why do you visit LI islamicboard???

sonz
03-22-2006, 11:00 PM
salama

i saw this on other forum and wuz wondering why sum people visit LI

masalama

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
minaz
03-22-2006, 11:06 PM
To get myself out of this addictive hole i've dug and try to get banned :p

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-22-2006, 11:12 PM
---

Umm Yoosuf
03-22-2006, 11:17 PM
In that poll you show have added: To spread the message of Islam (dawah), helping to clear the misconceptions non-muslims and muslim's like have about Islam.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Eric H
03-22-2006, 11:29 PM
greetings and peace sonz,

striving to see how interfaith relations can develop.

Eric

BlissfullyJaded
03-22-2006, 11:38 PM
:sl:

I don't know. I'm tryna figure out why I'm here too... :?

To learn about Islam, amongst other things...:nervous:

sonz
03-22-2006, 11:40 PM
lol

thats funny

so u misterously go to LI without knowing lol

i chose meet muslims from around the world

sonz
03-22-2006, 11:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah
In that poll you show have added: To spread the message of Islam (dawah), helping to clear the misconceptions non-muslims and muslim's like have about Islam.
salama

yeah these r good options but i cant edit the poll anymore

masalama

Mainul_Islam
03-23-2006, 01:45 AM
im here just to READ people's views and opinions

snakelegs
03-23-2006, 02:07 AM
originally came because of the urdu section (trying to learn the language).
don't really know why i continue to visit the other sections. to learn, i guess...

Ibn Abi Ahmed
03-23-2006, 03:21 AM

Because it is my cyber home :smile:

:w:

Michael Samuel
03-23-2006, 03:44 AM
I believe Christians and Muslims worldwide harbor many misconceptions about each other. I believe that, despite our differences, we can learn much from each other. I have been pleased to find that we all have much in common, and I have come away from discussions feeling that I have learned something. For that I am truly thankful for this forum and for those who post here.

Peace to all!

aljawaad
03-23-2006, 03:50 AM
Lol. As for me i think that i'm addicted with LI. :D

Shadow
03-23-2006, 04:14 AM
i originally came to learn alot
after reading for a few days i started posting to gain attention :p
nowadays i only come to read the comparitive religion section and the philosophy thread since I am actually being taught over there ;)

Al-Mu'min
03-23-2006, 04:51 AM
I have registered here two days ago, but im really amazed by the number of members here. Usually i spent time in soccer forums but for for the last Day and a half i keep coming back here. I don't really post that much but i have learned so much from reading while i was here.

sonz
03-23-2006, 10:37 AM
jzk mod zak

who chose other??? and what do u mean with other???

masalama

itsme01
03-23-2006, 10:42 AM
-to gain more knowledge and understanding about Islam and other faiths.
-Dawah
-and maybe i got nothing else to do ;D

bint-ul-islam
03-23-2006, 10:56 AM
to gain knowledge
and to be honest now a days i come and post to become a unlimited member.....:)
oh my one more post increased ....:happy:
but at the same time i browse this forum to gain knowledge....Mashallah great forum.:thumbs_up

Z
03-23-2006, 11:01 AM
Salaam.

To share my views and opinions.

------
03-23-2006, 11:17 AM

Poetry,

Learn Islam

Fun

Sanobar
03-23-2006, 12:58 PM
i went for all the above.... ! :):):)

Sis786
03-23-2006, 01:19 PM
i have a very boring job and sooo i use the net to let the day past driftly and plus some cool sisters/brothers on here!!!!

PLUS YOU HAVE MY MATE BANANA HERE!!!!

HE WOULD LIKE TO SAY A FEW WORDS!!!

[BANANA]This is the only place which does not just eat us and make milshake from us but allows me to do a normal job and i get paid!, Plus the kids get to go to school and mrs gets to shop THANK YOU LI[/BANANA]

IbnAbdulHakim
03-23-2006, 02:07 PM
[QUOTE=Sis786;224070]i have a very boring job and sooo i use the net to let the day past driftly and plus some cool sisters on here!!!!
QUOTE]

edit the words sisters into brothers and theeere we go ;D lol

for real tho my office is infested wiv dirty smoking alcoholics everyday from 9-5:30 so this is my santuary durin dose times :)

neway wiv broz llike muezzin, zak, iqram, metsuda and maaany more, this forum is too good :)

MetSudaisTwice
03-23-2006, 02:07 PM
salam
lol^^^
i come here to try and learn more about the deen, and also check up on the IofH
wasalam

mizan_aliashraf
03-23-2006, 02:10 PM
Salam
Its a good forum, (many) nice people mashallah
Wassalam

hidaayah
03-23-2006, 02:39 PM

hmmmm...I think I'm addicted to this place....:)
for all the above..

Muezzin
03-23-2006, 03:37 PM
Even I don't know why I visit this place. I probably should have been banned a very long time ago, along with Minaz. :p

lyesh
03-23-2006, 03:40 PM
As many others think I'm also ADDICTED to this !!!!

Muezzin
03-23-2006, 03:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
bro you may want to get banned, but why should bro minaz get banned?
wasalam
We have a deal that whoever gets banned first has to buy the other guy a bucket of Maryland Chicken.

...Well, I actually just made that up, but it's a deal now.

afriend
03-23-2006, 05:09 PM
Cos it's a nice place to learn about islam and there are many nice ppl around

1m@@n
03-23-2006, 05:12 PM
ummm, well to learn about islam from knowledgeable members and i guess to share some of my own views and opinions...

Also, recently having access to the sisters forum...all the sisterly luv keeps me coming back for more...

The Ruler
03-23-2006, 08:32 PM
well...there r loads o reasons y i cum ere...
1. its beneficial
2. helps me giv dawah....wich i cant do ere :(
3. helps to clear da misconceptions
4. chillin ;D

ummAbdillah
03-23-2006, 08:35 PM
well...there r loads o reasons y i cum ere...
1. its beneficial
2. helps me giv dawah....wich i cant do ere
3. helps to clear da misconceptions
4. chillin
;D same here :lol:

:peace:

Nawal89
03-23-2006, 08:46 PM
because i've got nothing else to do...
and because i like to share my veiws and opinions..
adn because i've got nothing else to do...;D

Sister_6038
03-23-2006, 09:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'min
I have registered here two days ago, but im really amazed by the number of members here. Usually i spent time in soccer forums but for for the last Day and a half i keep coming back here. I don't really post that much but i have learned so much from reading while i was here.
same here brother :D well in regards to the learning part...as im not into football THAT much...and i do post when i can...:D

strider
03-23-2006, 11:30 PM
Assalamu alaikum

i voted for ''all of the above.''

Ma'assalama

akulion
03-24-2006, 04:26 AM
I visit LI because....

- to learn about islam
- to share my views & opinions
- meet muslims from around the world
- other (for fun as well)
- To spread the message of Islam (dawah)
- To clear the misconceptions non-muslims and muslims have about Islam.

And thats why I visit LI :D

renak
03-24-2006, 07:16 AM
I came here seeking advice. Now I just like to read about Islam, and I enjoy the bickering that transpires between certain members.

sapphire
03-24-2006, 04:39 PM
ermmm........welll i dnt visit i LIVE on it..........im online 24/7......stays onwhile i slp a well.......its my homeeeeeeeeeee:p

i guess mine is the same as zAk, mamsoo n Ahmed :)

The Ruler
03-24-2006, 07:39 PM
i fink mine goes fo all n also dat i get to share probs dat i wudnt b able to tell ma parents :heated:....n iget sooo much of advice ere...n dey r a lot more authentic to me for sum reason :) :)

Ghazi
03-24-2006, 07:42 PM
Salaam

I'm simply addicted

dianputri
03-25-2006, 09:19 AM

To have more Ukhuwah Islamiyah outside my country, and to know what happened to all muslim in the world

Helena
03-25-2006, 10:18 AM

why am i here? to extend my knowledge in islam, share my thoughts and views on islam with the other members of LI! to see how we connect and how disagree on certain topic!
to help the others and most ppl can help me regarding any situation to increase my ilm inshalah! To discover other muslims brothers and sisters from diff background, culture, race and ethnicity to see hw im diff frm them. maybe not..

I've noticed i have to log in here once a day...... is it a addiction? or just curious if everybodies checking my thread! mmmm wot is it?

i knw couple of ppl..... hw cum no one is adding me there buddy list????

:w: :okay:

smile
03-25-2006, 03:15 PM
All of thee above

Kittygyal
03-26-2006, 11:36 AM
well to know more about izlam and to become a good muzlim and have help from be beloved brovas and sistas :)

take care

sonz
03-29-2006, 08:10 AM
mashala

nice answers

most ve option

all the above:thumbs_up

Khaldun
03-29-2006, 10:48 PM

Part of the staff lol :thankyou: good excuse init :P

To learn about Islam, amongst other things...
:rollseyes Care to expand sister?

BlissfullyJaded
03-29-2006, 11:15 PM

I was hoping nobody would ask. :-\ Well...um...moderating...of course! :) :X

And the other stuff... Well, analysing you lot, and bugging you'll to no end to see the reaction. The results are quite entertaining. :) Jazakallah khair for it. :D

Now that I revealed that, I bet nobody will play into my game. :offended: Hah! But I got the newbies to stir up. :okay:

itsme01
03-29-2006, 11:17 PM

adding to list of people to watchout for:
Labibah <- added

Joe98
03-29-2006, 11:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by
Why do you visit LI islamicboard???

I am a westerner and I have only ever heard bad things about Islam.

So I have come here to communicate with you.

-

Snowflake
03-29-2006, 11:46 PM
Hmmm.. well I came to LI to learn about Islam. Sometimes get distracted with other things..all good though, like giving advice etcetc. Alhumdulillah still have learnt so much here, but sticking to books mainly now. These days I come here for my coffee breaks.. then just go with the flow :D

format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98

-
Welcome aboard Joe98! Hope you have a beneficial stay.

gbrl
03-30-2006, 04:27 AM
to learn about islam, about life, to be updated on islamic news, listen to shaikh shuraim's recitations, to surround myself with devoted muslims. The latter is the most important reason i can think of. LI gives me a sense of belonging, i know its a good community of ppl and i love the feeling. even the non-muslims here are polite and curious/knowledgable.

khurm
04-09-2006, 05:12 AM
yes this is true we should ask about the deen of islam if we don't know something that is why we are here sister to help u all

*charisma*
04-09-2006, 05:23 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

You make us sound like aliens or something :p and welcome to the forum btw :)

ermm..why do i visit this forum??:? ask me again when im old and stuff..that way i can forget and give you a better made-up reason :D

fi aman allah
w'salaam

i_m_tipu
04-09-2006, 05:30 AM
why do you visit LI islamicboard???

want to Attached with good
want to enjoy myself in halal

Maimunah
04-09-2006, 01:06 PM
salaam
am here to learn about ma religion
to express ma views
n to tech others with what i know
:)

broth3r Ali
04-09-2006, 02:30 PM
salaam,
to learn about my deen inshAllah. :brother:

truemuslim
01-18-2008, 10:11 PM
im prolly addicted wit LI...its like another world...when im sick of the real world i come here..its like a modern stress relief...*coughgets u off of xbox360cough*

Fishman
01-18-2008, 11:36 PM
There are many reasons why I go on LI:

To get updated on news and stuff, to have some human contact outside of school, procrastinate when doing homework, to rant about fascists/nationalists/extremists/stupid people, to blame the world's problems on the Mongols, to find something to do when I am bored of conquering stuff with giant cartoony-looking soldiers that grunt when you give them orders, to ask bizzare questions about fish with holes in them, to be stingy with rep points, to write long lists nobody will bother to read...

I often wonder why I don't leave. There are so many other sites where I would not have some of the problems that this one does. If it weren't for one important thing, I would be gone for good. You know what that important thing is? It is how much I know and respect everybody here! I grew up as a Muslim on this site, and by now I am completely hooked, and there is no way I will leave anytime soon, because of how much I will miss the people who go to this place! :)

adeeb
01-19-2008, 09:24 AM
^^ so nice...

my answer :

all the above

Scimitar
01-24-2016, 05:23 AM
Oh me? well I get paid to :D

sister herb
01-24-2016, 07:52 AM
I am here to keep you all in the danger of obesity with tempting food recipes and images. I might be some kind of agent of sugar industry. Maybe a secret agent.

Scimitar
01-24-2016, 08:06 AM
I'll take the Monosodium glutamate stock if you have it :D

azc
01-24-2016, 05:05 PM
Because it's a beautiful forum and ofcourse, also you ppl are beautiful.

Pygoscelis
01-24-2016, 11:01 PM
I came to Islamic Board originally to dispel or confirm for myself some negative (in my view) things that I had heard people writing about Islam elsewhere. I feel this board has helped me get closer to the truth about what Islam is and what Muslims are. I have dispelled many nasty myths, and I have confirmed a few things that have left me with legitimate concerns about some aspects and some subsets of Muslims, instead of being filled with unfounded myths about all muslims, etc.

I come here far less than I used to now, but once in a while I come back to see how Muslims are viewing a particular world event, or learn something new (Chess is haram in the view of a big segment of muslims??) that I didn't know before. That and a few of the Muslims here have become friends of mine, and I would protect them over any Donald Trump type.

I feel this board has left me more informed and more balanced in my viewpoint.

lonewolf007
01-24-2016, 11:24 PM
I've mentioned this a few times not no harm in saying it again, i initially came on here to ask what was up with ummah forum when it went down and to see if any ummaties were on here, i had no intention to stay but once i checked the place out i thought it was very cool and had loads of beneficial threads and the members were and still are very friendly and welcoming so i decided to stick around lol

i never thought i would become an active member on here and get to know a few peeps in the process lol, so now i come on here to learn more about islam and listen to peeps views and check out peeps advices on different matters..............to conclude its a friendly environment and I've grown to like IB :p

ps: excuse my ignorance guys and please no laughing or making fun of me but what does LI stand for?? its probz really obvious but im not seeing it yet :statisfie

Scimitar
01-25-2016, 09:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
I came to Islamic Board originally to dispel or confirm for myself some negative (in my view) things that I had heard people writing about Islam elsewhere. I feel this board has helped me get closer to the truth about what Islam is and what Muslims are. I have dispelled many nasty myths, and I have confirmed a few things that have left me with legitimate concerns about some aspects and some subsets of Muslims, instead of being filled with unfounded myths about all muslims, etc.

I come here far less than I used to now, but once in a while I come back to see how Muslims are viewing a particular world event, or learn something new (Chess is haram in the view of a big segment of muslims??) that I didn't know before. That and a few of the Muslims here have become friends of mine, and I would protect them over any Donald Trump type.

I feel this board has left me more informed and more balanced in my viewpoint.
Chess is not haraam bro - we have been advised not to let it interfere with our duties, that's all.

Good to read you again Pygo :)

Scimi

Eric H
01-25-2016, 09:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Timi Scar
Oh me? well I get paid to :D
I am still waiting for ten years back pay, I was told you get £10 for every post you make :D

sister herb
01-25-2016, 09:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lonewolf007
ps: excuse my ignorance guys and please no laughing or making fun of me but what does LI stand for?? its probz really obvious but im not seeing it yet :statisfie
It´s this place´s old name (LI - load Islam, if I remember right). This is an old thread, created almost 10 years ago. At that time name of this forum was LI (islamicboard).

Sniff... oh those good old times...

sister herb
01-25-2016, 09:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
I am still waiting for ten years back pay, I was told you get £10 for every post you make :D
I am waiting too...

strivingobserver98
01-25-2016, 10:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
If that makes you sniff this will make you cry :cry:.

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...-ib-times.html

sister herb
01-25-2016, 10:45 PM
I loved the banner of 2014. :statisfie It reminded to me flowering meadows.

lonewolf007
01-26-2016, 12:11 AM
It´s this place´s old name (LI - load Islam, if I remember right). This is an old thread, created almost 10 years ago. At that time name of this forum was LI (islamicboard).

wow 10 year old thread, thats pretty cool and i totally understand your emotions lol

i seriously had no idea IB had another time, i plan to stick around insha'Allah and finding out more stuff about this place :)

Scimitar
01-26-2016, 05:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
well, I can tell you the cake was a lie :D

Eric H
01-26-2016, 06:28 AM

Me too. :haha::ban::lol:

sister herb
01-26-2016, 07:30 AM
Almost 10 years, not even a cake or a cookie. That´s not fair!

I´ll better revenge and spoil you all with extra sugary recipes and images.

Kiro
01-26-2016, 01:15 PM
This site is inactive so this is my chance to put my posts everywhere! And conquer it! Just kidding about the conquer bit, but my name will be everywhere, well, my post count will increase.

greenhill
01-28-2016, 05:55 AM
That's because you bake better cakes!

Might as well bake one and eat it yourself..... ha ha ha... probably nicer too!

Almost 10 years, not even a cake or a cookie. That´s not fair!

I´ll better revenge and spoil you all with extra sugary recipes and images.

greenhill
01-28-2016, 06:10 AM
I came here because I was interested to centre my beliefs and to cross check with people around the world on the spirit of islam. . . . what do I mean by it? Well, Malaysia has been a muslim country for nearly a thousand years so the Malay people here were synonymous with islam and almost inseparable. Over the generations, there were blurring of the lines between what is custom and what is sunnah. Many festivities and celebrations and functions had 'religious' orientation that was mixed in with customary practices.

I came here to get a clearer picture for myself what is the basic sunnah and what was added...

But of course, the intention is one thing, looking at other forums (before registering here) I saw some very interesting subjects discussed and some very far out concepts proposed. As much as I was interested to immerse myself in them, I could not find the site again. Islamic Board was a bit more 'centered' where arguments needed to be substantiated and statements cannot just be said (unless you were willing to be shot down) if it cannot be backed up.

Plus, the moderation (when I get notification from the Mods on my post either edited or deleted I do get a slight heart palpitation) goes a long way to ensure that the posts are relevant and promotes the understanding of the deen.

I like it here, so looks like I will be staying for a while....

sister herb
01-28-2016, 07:31 AM
Forums are also great places to improve English skills. When you read several posts and articles daily and write something, you will learn to use language better.

I wish.

Search
01-28-2016, 07:47 PM
:bism:

I visit cause I like y'all and am happy to have the Internet connection to share my non-brilliant opinions as if they are super brilliant (haha!), but I joined specifically to help out the member ayaanaa because I was touched by her story of having reverted but not having properly modest clothing.

That said, I stayed because I became concerned with some members' overt extremism, and I felt compelled to provide and act as an antidote to some persons' extremist narrative. I know Muslims are not perfect, but some Muslims who adopt extremism really concern and scare me because their version of Islam is so antithetical to the values of Islam which Prophet Muhammad :saws: taught. Also, that type of extremism has no place in Islam.

That said, I love the fact that non-Muslims are respected here because that is the type of Islam my sheikh (Islamic teacher) taught me, and the Islam I find dearer to me than my life and dearest to me in my heart.

:wa:

noraina
04-04-2016, 11:32 AM
Assalamu Alaykum,

The reason I enjoy visiting here is become the brothers and sisters are welcoming and friendly, they answer questions with much patience and thought and I have learnt so much beneficial knowledge (the reason I came here was for help with revision, so this forum has saved my life on a number of occasions :D) as well as sharing my thoughts and ideas and opinions without fear of judgement. I enjoy civilized discussions which Alhamdulillah stay that way here.

One other thing which was very important for me was to find a forum where the moderate Islam, the religion of the middle path, was being portrayed and promoted. Allah SWT taught us to be a community of moderation and balance and because so many young people these days are falling prey to pro-Islamic extremist ideologies and opinions and I feel this forum positively combats that. I like the way those of other faiths are also given a chance to discuss Islam here - something desperately needed.

In short I feel closer to my faith and to my religion whenever I come here and I love everyone here for the sake of Allah. :)

~ Sabr ~
04-04-2016, 12:10 PM
Time pass....to be honest

'Abd-al Latif
04-04-2016, 12:54 PM
I'm here to lay down the law or lay down the gauntlet. I'm quite disappointed that 'I'm here to ban trolls' isn't on the list.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.