/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Afghan boy dies despite Canadian help

Malsidabym
03-23-2006, 04:56 PM
Afghan boy dies despite Canadian help
Last Updated Thu, 23 Mar 2006 07:03:28 EST
CBC News
An Afghan boy who received cancer treatment through the generosity of Canadian soldiers and a church in Edmonton, Canada has died.

Six-year-old Namatullah passed away Thursday, Canadian Press said.

His family brought him to the Canadian base in Kandahar on Tuesday after he had stopped breathing. Doctors couldn't revive him.

The child was first carried to the Canadian base in February with a massive cancerous growth on his face. The boy's disease was deemed too far advanced to cure, but Canadian troops helped raise $13,000 to send him to a cancer hospital in Pakistan.

He was given chemotherapy and painkillers in Pakistan, which helped to ease his suffering and shrink the tumour. The treatment was initially successful and Pakistani doctors continued treatment to remove the tumour.

But the cancer returned and the boy was sent home to Afghanistan to live out his final days in comfort.

The treatment was paid for by church donations thanks to a Canadian Army ambulance driver, Cpl. Brian Sanders.

He took photographs of Namatullah and e-mailed them to the North Edmonton Christian Fellowship church, which raised thousands of dollars to help with the treatment.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Malsidabym
03-23-2006, 05:11 PM
This is very sad news. :'(

j4763
03-23-2006, 05:13 PM
Indeed :offended:

HeiGou
03-23-2006, 05:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by j4763
Indeed :offended:
Do you get the feeling we are talking to ourselves?

I wonder why no Muslim seems remotely interested in Canadians trying to do good?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
j4763
03-23-2006, 05:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HeiGou

I wonder why no Muslim seems remotely interested in Canadians trying to do good?
I wonder too. Could it possible be that Muslims only care about bad things other nations do to there brothers/sisters and not the good?

Allandaros
03-23-2006, 06:06 PM
Ouch. Tarring a bit quickly there, aren't ya, j4763? I mean, the story was posted ONE HOUR ago, not a very long time.

Ahem, back on topic.

That's a tragedy. Poor kid...
And I salute those Canadian troops, especially Corporal Sanders. What they did was true generosity of spirit.

*sighs*

afriend
03-23-2006, 06:43 PM
A non muslim helped me out a few days ago.....

i was really thankful and gave him a box of chocolates.....(let's not get personal about the story behind it eh?)

And I think that any1 who does good shud b rewarded, I don't care who the are....

Good ppl are good ppl.......

U can't deny something like that!

Also..... :'(

Well, i hope Allah gives the child paradise and his family peace!

Ameen.

Muezzin
03-23-2006, 06:43 PM
If I was a sterotypical right-wing American redneck, I'd say "I'd believe if it if the headline was 'Afghan boy dies because of Canadian help'"

;)

But more seriously, and on-topic, this is sad news.

Knut Hamsun
03-23-2006, 09:06 PM
Six-year-old Namatullah
R I P !!!!

If I was a sterotypical right-wing American redneck, I'd say "I'd believe if it if the headline was 'Afghan boy dies because of Canadian help'"
LOL

Peace to those who help others!!!!!

Malsidabym
03-24-2006, 05:13 AM
Well, i hope Allah gives the child paradise
I think we can be certain of this.

snakelegs
03-24-2006, 05:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malsidabym
I think we can be certain of this.
agree - surely a 6 year old can't go to hell?

Malsidabym
03-24-2006, 05:20 AM
I wouldn't think so.... let's ask a muslim member. Hey guys.... I know your listening........ what do you think?

Malsidabym
03-24-2006, 10:14 AM
This boy is assured a place in heaven because of his young age isn't he?

Muezzin
03-24-2006, 11:29 AM
Yep he should, but I'm not 'Mr Ahadith'. Just waiting for bro Fi Sabillilah or bro Ansar to back it up with some authority. :)

Duhaa
03-24-2006, 11:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by HeiGou

Hey Heigou, trying to cause problems?
Of course it's a sad thing no matter what faith the kid is and no matter who helped him.
And God willing, he will go to Paradise.
He's a minor, a little baby in my books, and they go staight to Paradise.
I feel for his parents and family. :offended:

Genius
03-24-2006, 11:54 AM
This is so sad. It's a shame the muslim haters have even hijacked the tragic death of a little child to villify muslims.

HeiGou
03-24-2006, 12:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Genius
This is so sad. It's a shame the muslim haters have even hijacked the tragic death of a little child to villify muslims.
I am sorry you think so. But I feel something similar about nearly every death caused by the West that is mentioned around here.

It is sad and I do not think it reflects badly on Muslims myself.

nimrod
03-24-2006, 03:36 PM
I have seen people die from cancer. It is awful. I will pray for the boy's family and their pain.

I hope one day there will be a cure for all cancer.

It is awful to lose a child, it would be even more tragic to lose one to a lingering painful illness.

Thanks
Nimrod

------
03-25-2006, 11:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malsidabym
This boy is assured a place in heaven because of his young age isn't he?
Yep.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.