/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Understanding the Qur'an

IbnAbdulHakim
03-24-2006, 12:50 PM
I can read the arabic wivout a problem but i wish i understood what i was readin so i can get the feel of it more strongly.

Can any1 recommend and resources i can use to understand both arabic (to talk to the sheikhs at makka) and quranic arabic.

jazakAllah Khair

:sl:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MetSudaisTwice
03-24-2006, 12:52 PM
salam
inshallah you can find help on arabic language here
Arabic Section
wasalam

Qurratul Ayn
03-24-2006, 01:22 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Brother Pr4se, you should first learn the Qur'an by heart then do the Alim course then the Moulana course (if you are learning Hafiz'i) then Inshallah Ta'ala you will be able to find the glorious meaning of the Qur'an!

Assalamu Alaikum
Shakirah

alitheislamian
03-24-2006, 01:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shakirah
Assalamu Alaikum

Brother Pr4se, you should first learn the Qur'an by heart then do the Alim course then the Moulana course (if you are learning Hafiz'i) then Inshallah Ta'ala you will be able to find the glorious meaning of the Qur'an!

Assalamu Alaikum
Shakirah
Assalamo alaykom
I am learning the translation of Quraan first and inshallah after i have completed the translation of the Quraan then i will start doing the hifz. I know can understand abou 60% os the words of the madani surahs which r comparatively easier in translation.
I think first we should do the translation because doing hifz become very eazy after one knows the translation. translation of each individual word should be learned not that of a whole sentence .
Here is Quraan with English translation for u to download.Its size is only 2 MB.
it downloads in 2 minutes in 56kbps modem and in seconds in a faster connection.Dowload it so that u may have a quraan with english translation in ur computer to/.:brother: :brother: :brother: :brother:
http://islamtomorrow.com/downloads/noblequran.exe
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MetSudaisTwice
03-24-2006, 01:59 PM
salam
jazakallah for the link
downloaded from you long ago
wasalam

alitheislamian
03-24-2006, 02:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
jazakallah for the link
downloaded from you long ago
wasalam
alhamdollillah ,not from me from islamtomorrow.com.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-24-2006, 02:10 PM
i think its better to understand it then memorise it coz it makes it easier to memorise also it helps u to cry more.

alitheislamian
03-24-2006, 02:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pr4sE
i think its better to understand it then memorise it coz it makes it easier to memorise also it helps u to cry more.

yes it also helps us to know Allah and understand Islam and learn the teachings of Islam and finally act apon the Quraan.:w:

IbnAbdulHakim
03-24-2006, 02:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by alitheislamian
yes it also helps us to understand Allah and Islam and learn the teachings of Islam and finallay act apon the Quraan.:w:
well said brother my thoughts exactly

jazakAllah khair for the advice :)

khaledmm123
03-24-2006, 03:15 PM
bro if you want understanding the quran both translation and tafseer
you must watched the bayaan ul quran program . it is the translation and tafseer by DR ISRAR AHMED . great scholer mufassire quran from pakistan . his translation both in english and urdu . totel 108 vcds we can take more knoladge of quran by this try it .
you can down load from the site http://www. tanzeem.org
or from http:// www.scholaris.com
:w:

Link
03-24-2006, 04:11 PM
no one knew the Quran except who it was addressed to

blind leading the blind is no good

IbnAbdulHakim
03-24-2006, 04:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Link
no one knew the Quran except who it was addressed to

blind leading the blind is no good
are you saying no1 has the potential to understand the meaning of the qur'an?

Qurratul Ayn
03-25-2006, 12:42 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

My Dear Brothers of Islam, my younger Brother, with the help and guidance of the Almighty, has Mashallah Ta'ala a Hafiz and he is reading the Qur'an again so the learning of it sticks to his mind, heart and soul. That is why I suggested for you Brother Pr4se to read it first. Then try and Inshallah Ta'ala find the meaning as amny Moulana's have started it this way.

Assalamu Alaikum
Shakirah

P.S. This is a suggestion but if you find other ways Brother Pr4se then by all means go ahead and may Allah Ta'ala help you and all Muslims who strive to learn the Qur'an and Islam to the ebst of their knowledge.

Mohammed Bilal
04-02-2006, 09:09 PM
i was told by a sheikh from the local mosque that after reading the quran again and again everyday. The meaning will become clear to you and your imaan increases this is only reading with sincerity not repeating like a parrot (sheikh Ramadan-ul-Qadri)

------
05-18-2006, 09:57 AM
Theres a lecture by Dr. Zakir Naik - The Qur'an, Should it be read with understanding.....Its very interesting....has any1 got the link?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.