/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Meaning of dreams

vpb
03-25-2006, 03:13 AM
Selam Alaikum we rahmetullahi we beraktuhu,

I would like bro' and sis' to post hear anything about the meaning of dreams that u know.

as far as I know , seeing on dreams water or being somewhere on high place or seeing somebody that u know that he died in your dream (not in reality) ..all this are good.

If I am wrong or something I would like to know :)

May ALLAH (swt) forgive me if I said something wrong :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
junaid28
03-26-2006, 07:51 PM
Salam ualikum

I was wondering if you could tell me what it means to see Holy prophet Muhammed (SAW) in a dream?

Kittygyal
03-26-2006, 07:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by junaid28
Salam ualikum

I was wondering if you could tell me what it means to see Holy prophet Muhammed (SAW) in a dream?

bro i don't get it here :heated: how can you see muhammed in your dream when you aint seen him :? :?

maybe i am wrong so bro please do correct me if i am as am a convert as you may not know so i don't want you to think on the wrong side of me :)

take care

IbnAbdulHakim
03-26-2006, 08:02 PM
:sl:

Salam ualikum

means ur guaranteed heaven i was told but Allahu Allam. And if u saw him U LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY :grumbling !!!!!!

lol

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Maimunah
03-26-2006, 08:02 PM
yes u can sis
n it says that in a hadith if someone dreamn about him pbuh then for sure he has seen him cz shaytaan cannot come into his form
salaam:)

Maimunah
03-26-2006, 08:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid

means ur guaranteed heaven i was told but Allahu Allam. And if u saw him U LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY :grumbling !!!!!!

lol

lol calm dowm ave seen him bt i dont consider to be lucky:)

Kittygyal
03-26-2006, 08:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mashaallah
yes u can sis
n it says that in a hadith if someone dreamn about him pbuh then for sure he has seen him cz shaytaan cannot come into his form
salaam:)

but sis thats the thing how can you, so you can see god aswell in your dream:? :?

take care

IbnAbdulHakim
03-26-2006, 08:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mashaallah
lol calm dowm ave seen him bt i dont consider to be lucky:)
well u are!! i cant believe u dont kno how lucky u are!!!!!!

my dad said he saw the prophet saws and isa (as) but im not sure bout that haha ;D he was holy alhamdullilah my dad, beautifful man!!

neway UR SO LUCKY!!! U LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY :grumbling

junaid28
03-26-2006, 08:21 PM
Well i suppose i am lucky but the part about being guaranteed a place in heaven...im not sure because i can tell you im not the best of people

- Qatada -
03-26-2006, 08:26 PM
:salamext:

:wasalamex

Musaafirah
03-26-2006, 08:29 PM
Well i suppose i am lucky but the part about being guaranteed a place in heaven...im not sure because i can tell you im not the best of people
u've seen the prophet :arabic5: ? masha'allah ur so lucky..
u may feel ur not the best of people but sincere repentance is the key!

- Qatada -
03-26-2006, 08:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
bro i don't get it here :heated: how can you see muhammed in your dream when you aint seen him :? :?

maybe i am wrong so bro please do correct me if i am as am a convert as you may not know so i don't want you to think on the wrong side of me :)

take care

check this link out sis insha'Allaah:

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...=1745&CATE=108

Maimunah
03-26-2006, 08:33 PM
mashaallah bro fi-sabililah
jazakaallah khayr bt can u explain it abit detail plz?

- Qatada -
03-26-2006, 08:52 PM

I'll try to explain abit from what i've read insha'Allaah.

In the name of Allah, Most Compassionate, Most Merciful,

To see our beloved master, the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) in a dream is certainly very virtuous and a blessing from Allah Most High upon the person who was fortunate to see him.

When one dreams of the Prophet (Allah bless him & give him peace), then one has certainly seen him. It is stated in a Hadith:

Sayyiduna Abu Huraira (may Allah be pleased with him) reports that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “He who saw me in a dream has certainly seen me, for Shaytan can not take my form.” [Sahih al-Bukhari & Sahih Muslim]

So this means that if a person sees our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) in their dream, they really say him (peace be upon him.)

To answer sis islamgyal - we would know how our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) looks like, because of his description which is recorded in many ahadith.

You can read the description of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) off this link.

http://www.islamicboard.com/113693-post14.html

The scholars differ on whether it is a true dream if our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him.)

Some scholars are of the view that the dream will only be true and genuine if the person sees the Prophet of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) in his recognised features. This opinion has been attributed to Qadi Iyad.

The majority of the scholars, however, including Imam Nawawi, are of the view that if a person dreams the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) then his dream is true, regardless of whether he sees him on his recognized features or otherwise.

If a person was to see the blessed Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) in his unrecognized features, for example, he saw him without a beard, or with full grey hair, etc… then this dream will need to interpreted.

But the scholars say that having a dream of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) in a dream does not mean that they will be guaranteed jannah (paradise/gardens.)

If a person was to see the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) in his dream, but kept back from obeying his command and acting upon his Sunnah in his day to day life, it will not be sufficient for salvation in the here after.

During the days of the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give peace), numerous people like Abu Jahl and Abu Lahb saw the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) regularly, but remained dwellers of hell, as they did not earn the pleasure of Allah Almighty and his beloved (peace and blessings be upon him).

On the other hand, we have people like Uwais al-Qarni (Allah be pleased with him) who was not fortunate to see the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace), but was regarded amongst the very pious people.
And Allah knows best

Muhammad ibn Adam
Darul Iftaa, Leicester, Uk

Source: http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...=1745&CATE=108

junaid28
03-26-2006, 10:18 PM
Thanks people, i appreciate the replies and how quickly you answered my question. I have one other question, In my dream, I saw holy prophet Muhammed (saw) in his grave for a very brief moment, I only saw his face and his eyes were closed and he did not look at me or say anything. I have read on a website today that if any prophet appears in your dream and appears sad or strange then Allah is not pleased with you and you will receive punishment. Would this information be correct? because it would support what hijabi_19 said, that repentance is the key. Sorry for bothering you all, thanks.

itsme01
03-26-2006, 10:35 PM
but sis thats the thing how can you, so you can see god aswell in your dream:? :?
take care
Peace Be Upon You,

Here is my dream of the Prophet [PBUH]

"I had a dream in which i saw a man in white clean clothes, light being emmited from him, and you could feel the presence of a pure being. It was no other than Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). He has come to our house and was standing on the door. All (of my family) were delighted and over excited to see the great messenger at our house. Soon, someone (cant recall who - either sister, brother, or parents) asked me to bring Camera, as they wanted to take picture of Prophet (PBUH). Soon when i found the camera and handed to the person who asked for it (either the camera did not work or the dream shifted).

Now i was 1400 years back.
I found myself in a not so alien place. It was Mecca, infront of a place where Muhammad (PBUH) was sitting. Infront of me, i could see people sitting (listening to Prophet PBUH) - all of the people were wearing white clothes (as worn during Hajj) and Muhammad (PBUH) was sitting on stair. (the stairs had 3-4 levels and was not more than 30 inchs). Whereas PBUH was wearing the same white clean clothes, and yes now too you could feel the presence of great being.
I was standing on a far left bottom corner (with colourful) clothes, watching this beautiful moment.
Unfortunately my dream ended - and was left to wonder what it meant."

when I say, that I saw Prophet [PBUH], I am not saying that I saw his face (or maybe did - but am not sure, because things occured quickly) - However, I could feel that the person who had come in my dream was Prophet [PBUH] (i am certain of this because family members called out his name [in dream]).

As for Islamgal question,
You do not have to see Allah[swt] in physical shape - rather you can feel the presence of Allah[The Almighty]. Same thing can be applied to Prophets (as described above).

May Allah Have His Blessings and Mercy Upon us

itsme01
03-26-2006, 10:38 PM
^ I saw the dream when i had bascially no knowledge regarding Islam (age of 12) - and knew nothing about Prophet [PBUH] (except that He[PBUH] is the final prophet).
I like to characterise this dream as a "wakeup call" (no pun intended) - but it took me 7 more years to open my eyes. :)

- Qatada -
03-27-2006, 02:31 PM

Anyone who's had a dream of our beloved Prophet Muhammad sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam, or any dream at all - should refer their dreams to a scholar or knowledgable muslim they can trust.

We don't have no-one on the forum who has sufficient knowledge to give the meaning behind the dreams, sorry.

wa Allaahu ta'aala a'lam. (and Allaah Almighty knows best.)

itsme01
03-27-2006, 10:53 PM

^ True, but then again no one is able to interpret dreams correctly. Recall the story of Prophet Joseph [PBUH]. It took his dream to be fulfilled several years. Likewise it took my dream, approx. 9 years! - and yet i feel, that there is still something that has yet to come.

Saying, that if you see Prophet [PBUH] in a dream - and you will be granted paradise...i believe is somewhat misleading. As we know, that on the Day which is sure to come, all beings will be Judged, by Allah [The Most Merciful].

May Allah[SWT] Bestow His Mercy And Blessing Upon Us

Z
03-27-2006, 11:07 PM
Salaam.

Wearing or dealing with cotton sybolises good fortune to come. Not sure if it's cotton, but I'll check it sometime later. But it is a type of material though.

And very vaguely, to be seen praying infront of a Masjid is a sign of your Imaan weakening. Again, I'll check that too just to make sure.

itsme01
03-27-2006, 11:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Z
Salaam.

Wearing or dealing with cotton sybolises good fortune to come. Not sure if it's cotton, but I'll check it sometime later. But it is a type of material though.

And very vaguely, to be seen praying infront of a Masjid is a sign of your Imaan weakening. Again, I'll check that too just to make sure.
Are these "signs" indicated by imams or by the Prophet [PBUH]. Are there any hadiths to backup the claims? or are these Pagan traditions carried by some less knowledgable/weak iman people who try to integerate it into Islam.

vpb
03-27-2006, 11:16 PM
I saw one night on dream that I went to hajj, and it was like a classroom inside with desks and there where many people, like a biggg classroom. I can't remember very well but this was one of the things that I remember.

anybody knows what that means?

Z
03-27-2006, 11:24 PM
Salaam.

Actually, I came to know of them from a book written by what I have heard and come to believe the famous dream interpreter of our time.

Dreams and their interpretations don't need Hadith to back up their claims. Stop being ridiculous!

itsme01
03-27-2006, 11:36 PM
^
wsalam,

no, i am not being ridiculous - I am stating my opinion. There are several things adopted from Pagan and Hindu culture, such as dream intepretration - in which I do not believe mostly. I do agree, that dreams can be somewhat intpretated, however not completely.

amirah_87
03-30-2006, 10:48 PM
salaams ,
i'd just like to add that the abbility to tranlate dreams is a gift from allah not something that can be learnt!!!!!!!!!!!

dangerous_cutie
04-01-2006, 04:29 AM
What happens if u see a dead person in ur dream? say ur mother? is that her soul u are seeing or the shaytan scaring u? plz help

Salam

Umu 'Isa
04-01-2006, 10:34 AM
:sl: ^^^
A Dead Person
Dreaming of seeing a dead person that one knows and informs him that he has not died, may be interpreted as a sign that the dead person is in a good situation in the Hereafter, as Allah (swt) said, "Nay, they are alive, with their Lord, and they have provision"[3:169]
Likewise, if one dreams of a dead person laughing, it is interpreted that one would be forgiven, as Allah (swt) has said, "Some faces that Day will be bright laughing, rejoicing at good news (of Paradise)" [80:38-39
Parents
It is stated that if a person dreams that one's parents are displeased with one, it indicates that Allah (swt) is displeased with one, because Allah has said, "give thanks to me and your parents" [31:14]
In some narration, it is said: "If Allah is pleased with someone, it means that his parents are pleased with him, and if Allah is displeased with someone, it means that his parents are displeased with him"
from the book, 'Authentic Interpretation of the DREAMS. According to Quraan & Sunnah' by Dr. Ahmed Fareed

usamuslimah64
04-01-2006, 11:42 AM
Assalaamu Alaykum:sl: ,
I had a dream before becoming Muslim. I actually knew nothing about Islam.
i dreamed I was in a car with a friend, driving down the road. Suddenly, the car begins to fly and I am surprised and look to my friend to ask what is going on? Well, when I look to my friend to ask, I see he is no longer there, in his place is a man in a long white dress and like a Arabic kind of thing on top of his head, but it was strange his face had like a fog or cloud in front of it, so I could never see his face. I looked at him and was in no way frightened. He just simply said "don't be afraid I am taking you where you belong" suddenly the car is on the ground again and we are driving through a desert.
We stop at a place in the desert that has a huge waterfall and stream. It was very beautiful with trees, flowers and the mountain and the waterfall, so very green and lush, it was the most beautiful place I ever saw. I was so calm, the man asked me if I liked it there, I say yes, he tells me "you can stay here forever" then, he tells me come and we get back into the car and drive back out to the desert.
All of the sudden we come to a place with a huge gate, very pretty with gold on it and it opens. As we drive in, I hear the Athan,(I did not know what it was then) and I see a very big building in front of us(it was a Mosque) he drives me to a door on the side and says" get out, this is where you belong".
At this point I wake up and say wow, that was a strange dream and don't really think about more at that time.
Anyways, about 10 years later I meet some Muslims and I am invited in their home. As I am sitting and visiting, some guy walks in and tells the people(in Arabic) it's time for Salaah. I don't really think much about it, I am just interested in it..All of the sudden this guy gets on the prayer rug and does the Athan. Well, at that point all the hair on the back of my neck stands up and I immediately remember the dream and recognize the Athan as the music i heard in my dream..I was really scared when I remembered this..Then as the guy leads the prayer, I am overcome and just want to cry like a baby, well I didn't want to do this in front of the people. so I go into their bathroom and just cry and cry. I did not say anything to them. I was afraid the would this I was nuts or crazy.
So I go home and from that point I am interested in Islam, It was weird I would even get mad if someone said something against Islam and I was still a christian then. Well a few years later after much thought and study, Alhumdillah, I took shahada..So that's my dream and my story...:-)
Wa Salaam:w: :sister: , Susan

Ghazi
04-01-2006, 11:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by usamuslimah64
Assalaamu Alaykum:sl: ,
I had a dream before becoming Muslim. I actually knew nothing about Islam.
i dreamed I was in a car with a friend, driving down the road. Suddenly, the car begins to fly and I am surprised and look to my friend to ask what is going on? Well, when I look to my friend to ask, I see he is no longer there, in his place is a man in a long white dress and like a Arabic kind of thing on top of his head, but it was strange his face had like a fog or cloud in front of it, so I could never see his face. I looked at him and was in no way frightened. I just simply said "don't be afraid I am taking you where you belong" suddenly the care is on the ground again and we are driving through a desert.
We stop at a place in the desert that has a huge waterfall and stream. It was very beautiful with trees, flowers and the mountain and the waterfall, so very green and lush, it was the most beautiful place I ever saw. I was so calm, the man asked me if I liked it there, I say yes, he tells me "you can stay here forever" then, he tells me come and we get back into the car and drive back out to the desert.
All of the sudden we come to a place with a huge gate, very pretty with gold on it and it opens. As we drive in, I hear the Athan,(I did not know what it was then) and I see a very big building in front of us(it was a Mosque) he drives me to a door on the side and says" get out, this is where you belong".
At this point I wake up and say wow, that was a strange dream and don't really think about more at that time.
Anyways, about 10 years later I meet some Muslims and I am invited in their home. As I am siting and visiting, some guy walks in and tells the people(in Arabic) it time for Salaah. I don't really think much about it, I am just interested in it..All of the sudden this guy gets on the prayer rug and does the Athan. Well, at that point all the hair on the back of my neck stands up and I immediately remember the dream and recognize the Athan as the music i heard in my dream..I was really scared when I remembered this..Then as the guy leads the prayer, I am overcome and just want to cry like a baby, well I didn't want to do this in front of the people. so I go into their bathroom and just cry and cry. I did not say anything to them. I was afraid the would this I was nuts or crazy.
So I go home and from that point I am interested in Islam, It was weird I would even get mad if someone said something against Islam and I was still a christian then. Well a few years later after much thought and study, Alhumdillah, I took shahada..So that's my dream and my story...:-)
Wa Salaam:w: :sister: , Susan
Salaam

Allahu Akbar

Hashim_507
04-01-2006, 12:21 PM
I had dream about me drinking from golden mug with shiny diamonds, and i was in beautiful forest. I was sorrounded by rivers and clear stream, and i was eating dates. The dream lasted for short time. But i dont know the meaning of it, it was 2 years ago.

itsme01
04-01-2006, 02:05 PM
^ it means, call me if you get rich ;D

Kittygyal
04-01-2006, 02:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by itsme01
^ it means, call me if you get rich ;D

:giggling: :giggling: :giggling: :giggling:

take care

Skillganon
04-01-2006, 02:09 PM
I dream, but don't remember! but when something happens in the distance future, I get a feeling of Deju vu! (hope I spelt it right)

Kittygyal
04-01-2006, 02:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
I dream, but don't remember! but when something happens in the distance future, I get a feeling of Deju vu! (hope I spelt it right)

bro a what? :giggling: :giggling: :giggling:

take care

shanu
04-01-2006, 02:15 PM
I saw the holy prophet many times. But once, i clearly remmeber, i was sitting in front of him. He told me that the world is doing zakah wrongly. And he was teaching me the meaning of zakah.(i cant rmember wat he said) he repeated his point twice or thrice in a slow manner. and it was so beaitiful i felt as if its being printed in ma head. There was Aishah Ra behind him. I was in his houe. He looked very young, like 30. But i think he wasnt wearing a shirt. Thats what i feel comfused about. And he wasnt wearing turban, His hair was all black.

Skillganon
04-01-2006, 02:16 PM
bro a what? :giggling: :giggling: :giggling:

take care
What you mean bro a what?
You still dreaming?

And stop giggling! uh! Girls!!!

shanu
04-01-2006, 02:23 PM
another dream i saw, not too long ago associated with religion.
In this dream, me and my sister was walking through this lane looking for someone. It seemed like there were so many mosques, and everywhere i turned i saw muslims of different races.
Then i went into this particular lane. I saw this gal in ahejab, and i grab her. When i saw her face , i was shocked, as she was ma ex student
She grew up and she looked so lovely
i asked her how come she became muslim???
and y is she wearing hejab??
She said she and her family became muslims, and smtg she told me scared me. She said she's wearing this hejab, because it makes her look beautiful and she only wears this at this particular lane, where men can see her beauty
This scared me as its OBviously the wrong intention.
After that me and ma sis contunued searching 4 whoever we were looking 4. Then we came across outside a mosque. Some muslim men with caps on their head were gathered sitting there. N wat they were doing scared me. They were gambling with cards. I asked my sis" Isnt gambling Haraam"
And she says, they are only doing with small money
I woke up after that
What do u think this mEans??
I get really freaky dreams.
Some come "i think in a subconcious state"
Once i was sleeping, and i was drifting away
I was half awake
And a voice started to speak in ma ear
IT WAS SOO DEEP AND SCARY AND HORRENDOUS
that i never bothered to listen, i Screamed and jumped out of ma bed. The thing was trying to tell me smtg, But i don wanna even dare listen to it. Even wen i think of it now, i shudder.
I do supplications be4 i sleep but i get weird dreams
What do u think this means?

Muslim Soldier
04-01-2006, 06:21 PM
what happens if I see snakes?
have nightmares about being suffocated?
not being able to open eyes?stuck

shanu
04-02-2006, 12:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Soldier
what happens if I see snakes?
have nightmares about being suffocated?
not being able to open eyes?stuck
From what i know, if u see snakes, someone is jeoulous of u, or wants revenge. MaYbe an enemy

As for being suffocated,
1) must be a fear that is lurking in ur life that is being reflected in ur dream, or ur fear tt someone is trying to control u
2) Ur pillow must be on ur face as usual ;D tts y u cant breathe

Finally 4 ur eyes being stuck
Hmm, its all that eye crust when u sleep, try using ur hands to open ur eyes up ;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.