/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Q & A forum???

sonz
03-25-2006, 06:51 PM
asalama

i wuz thinkin

what if we have a q & a forum where only some knowledgeable members (modz??) answer questions from other muslims & non-muslims.

i think this is good and its good for dawah.

vote if ur in for this idea

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
03-25-2006, 06:52 PM
yea bro i think we should cause it can help others and also you will get rewarded for helping others :p

take care

afriend
03-25-2006, 06:54 PM
But then again......Where are we gonna find these 'knowledgeable' members?

Unless i refer my Hifz teacher, Shaykh Sulaymaan Gani.....

But I doubt he will have any time for the forum...he is very active in Da'wah...

Mashallah, may Allah reward him very well for his hard work.

Kittygyal
03-25-2006, 06:55 PM
well bro ''mods''?

take care

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
The Ruler
03-25-2006, 06:57 PM
but derz da cyber counsellin section....n any probs u cud go der....or if der is a question u wanna ask da mods, u cud pm dem innit :?

:w:

sonz
03-25-2006, 06:58 PM
salama

im not talking about cyber counselin cuz that 1 is for counseling stuff.

im talkin about islamic qs

i saw it on another forum and its very succesful

afriend
03-25-2006, 06:59 PM
I suppose this whole forum is a Question&Answer area...

You just have to post ur Q in the right section to get an A :happy:

Z
03-25-2006, 07:00 PM
Salaam.

See, you're just being plain stupid now.

What if ok, what if we leave the forums as they are. Add no more, make no amedments to the rights of posting in any of them either. Rather, those who are not edcuated well enough in Islam, just don't reply. I'm sure we all know ourselves whether we are educated in Islam well enough or not to answer questions, so we ourselves just keep out. If you can, you could refer them to websites where similar questions have been asked and answered, but that could be it.

Heck, I think the whole board should be run by this policy.

And we have an Islam Q & A forum already.

sonz
03-25-2006, 07:01 PM
yes but its better if we had 1 forum for that.

that way other muslimz & non-muslimz can search for qs already asked instead of asking again

Kittygyal
03-25-2006, 07:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sonz
yes but its better if we had 1 forum for that.

that way other muslimz & non-muslimz can search for qs already asked instead of asking again

that is so true bro i think we should :happy:

take care

Nawal89
03-25-2006, 07:07 PM
I dont think we need that. People already get their questions answered well enough i think by those who know. Why do we need a special forum just for that?

sonz
03-25-2006, 07:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Z
Salaam.

What if ok, what if we leave the forums as they are. Add no more, make no amedments to the rights of posting in any of them either. Rather, those who are not edcuated well enough in Islam, just don't reply. I'm sure we all know ourselves whether we are educated in Islam well enough or not to answer questions, so we ourselves just keep out. If you can, you could refer them to websites where similar questions have been asked and answered, but that could be it.

no im talking about forum where every1 can reply but only selected onez???

others also have this and why not this forum???

afriend
03-25-2006, 07:09 PM
Exactly, som1 can search the forum to check if that Q has been asked already, if not then post a new Q.

Kittygyal
03-25-2006, 07:11 PM
well iky they can't search the forum from ''a to b'' isn't that abit weird why not just open a thread up so it's easy to open?

take care

Z
03-25-2006, 07:15 PM
Salaam.

You're not making sense Islamgyal, or getting the point.

If you're new to the board, new to Islam, coming back to Islam, or on Islam but need a question answering, you ask your questions in the Basics of Islam forum. If you don't want to waste time opening a new topic, you go search and see if you can find an existing topic which answers your question already. You could even use the advanced search feature to search within the Basics of Islam forum only.

Kittygyal
03-25-2006, 07:21 PM
Salaam.

You're not making sense Islamgyal, or getting the point.

If you're new to the board, new to Islam, coming back to Islam, or on Islam but need a question answering, you ask your questions in the Basics of Islam forum. If you don't want to waste time opening a new topic, you go search and see if you can find an existing topic which answers your question already. You could even use the advanced search feature to search within the Basics of Islam forum only.

bro its you who's not getting the point :rant:

listen bro it will make it easy for others duh!

i just can't be asked with it just forget it what ever you say :happy:

take care

afriend
03-25-2006, 07:26 PM
Well, i didn't mean searching the forum from point a-b.

I meant searching the forum with the help of the 'advanced search' feature embedded into this forum.

Kittygyal
03-25-2006, 07:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
Well, i didn't mean searching the forum from point a-b.

I meant searching the forum with the help of the 'advanced search' feature embedded into this forum.

ok thanks i din't get it before am out of here now:X

take care

Far7an
03-25-2006, 10:20 PM
:sl:

what if we have a q & a forum where only some knowledgeable members (modz??) answer questions from other muslims & non-muslims.
They don't exist! Well, not knowledgable enough to answer questions or issue fatawa. Don't be fooled by the odd hadith or Qur'an ayah which has been pasted. The only Ijaazah any of us are likely to have is from a search engine, an ijaazah to search!

And please note,

12.This is not a Fiqh discussion board. Prolonged threads arguing over Fatwas and the details of Islamic law will be closed. Avoid asking questions that require a Scholar or Shaykh, as there is no one on the board qualified to answer your questions. Please use other knowledgeable means such as a scholar, Imam or knowledgeable person in your area or provide sources.

Maimunah
03-25-2006, 10:24 PM
true say bro
wasalaam:)

sonz
03-26-2006, 07:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an

They don't exist! Well, not knowledgable enough to answer questions or issue fatawa. Don't be fooled by the odd hadith or Qur'an ayah which has been pasted. The only Ijaazah any of us are likely to have is from a search engine, an ijaazah to search!

And please note,
salama

i dont mean forum where tere is fatwa. i mean forum for basic qs about islam

ive seen many knowledgeable members who answer basic qs about islam. they dont have to give fatwa

masalama

usamuslimah64
03-26-2006, 07:47 AM
Salam Alaykum..here is my question, how can you know the "moderator' you picked is correct? Aall of us, in some way or another, are thinking a little differently and responding in a like matter..do u know these moderators in person??? Do they have credentials? I think for some thing like this you need to get someone who has the credentials and can show them to all of us, as a group...I would not think finding a few moderators to answer Islamic questions is a good idea at all....And do u think everyone is coming from the same school of thought??? I highly doubt that:-l

------
03-26-2006, 05:01 PM
Woah.....

itsme01
03-26-2006, 10:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by usamuslimah64
Salam Alaykum..here is my question, how can you know the "moderator' you picked is correct? Aall of us, in some way or another, are thinking a little differently and responding in a like matter..do u know these moderators in person??? Do they have credentials? I think for some thing like this you need to get someone who has the credentials and can show them to all of us, as a group...I would not think finding a few moderators to answer Islamic questions is a good idea at all....And do u think everyone is coming from the same school of thought??? I highly doubt that:-l
What you read here are opinions - many might be in agreement with the teachings of Islam, and some might not. Mods are no exception. The function of a mod. is to filter out posts that are obscene in language / visual, to close threads that are no longer useful (i.e. either the issue has been settled or no progress has been made), to move threads to appropriate section, and rarely to issue warnings to people who prepared to not have a meaningful debate.

sonz
03-28-2006, 03:50 PM
salama

what do the adminz say???

masalama

Ghazi
03-28-2006, 05:25 PM
Salaam

Brother chill out There's no need for the comment below I think you owe him an apology.

See, you're just being plain stupid now

Goku
03-28-2006, 05:29 PM
Go easy on her, she's a revert to Islam MashAllah. And I think it would be a good idea to have a Q&A section.

Umm Yoosuf
03-29-2006, 01:46 AM
Assalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatulaahi Wa Barakatuh

I do not think some moderates or some members should be selected to answer people’s questions. I think everyone should take part. Moderators come in handy in taking care of the forum, in that they control it. And as long as everyone is answering the basic questions (not fatwah questions) from Qur’an and Sunnah, then Alhamdulilaah. Although this sounds like a good idea, I am quite doubtful that members would be respectful. It's admin's call. Allahu 'Alaam.

sonz
03-29-2006, 08:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah
Assalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatulaahi Wa Barakatuh

I do not think some moderates or some members should be selected to answer people’s questions. I think everyone should take part. Moderators come in handy in taking care of the forum, in that they control it. And as long as everyone is answering the basic questions (not fatwah questions) from Qur’an and Sunnah, then Alhamdulilaah. Although this sounds like a good idea, I am quite doubtful that members would be respectful. It's admin's call. Allahu 'Alaam.
salama

i agree with muminah.

i think its good to have Q & A for basic qs.

how come no admin has replied???

masalama

Kittygyal
03-29-2006, 04:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Goku
Go easy on her, she's a revert to Islam MashAllah. And I think it would be a good idea to have a Q&A section.

well thanks bro and what can i say other people don't have feelings for others!

take care

Kittygyal
03-29-2006, 04:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sonz
salama

i agree with muminah.

i think its good to have Q & A for basic qs.

how come no admin has replied???

masalama

bro we should whats rong with that!:rollseyes

take care

Goku
03-29-2006, 05:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
well thanks bro and what can i say other people don't have feelings for others!

take care
Jazak Allah Khair Sister. But in general this is the friendliest forum I have visited. And I think reverts are great people because they have the courage to accept the truth boldly in such a discriminate society against Islam.

Salam.

Kittygyal
03-29-2006, 05:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Goku
Jazak Allah Khair Sister. But in general this is the friendliest forum I have visited. And I think reverts are great people because they have the courage to accept the truth boldly in such a discriminate society against Islam.

Salam.

well bro at the end of the day am not saying it aint but there are some people that just only think about there self and they think there only on the forum well to be honest am in a situation that i'm stressed out with family problems and i don't understand why people don't get it i've reverted :heated:

take care

Goku
03-29-2006, 07:07 PM
well bro at the end of the day am not saying it aint but there are some people that just only think about there self and they think there only on the forum well to be honest am in a situation that i'm stressed out with family problems and i don't understand why people don't get it i've reverted :heated:

take care
Yea I understand sis its not easy for you and well all I can say is try to ignore those that annoy you, we all mean well on this forum, methinks. :) But never let go of the truth God has given you. I hope you can overcome your family problems, InshaAllah.

Salam.

aamirsaab
03-29-2006, 07:10 PM
Isn't this whole forum a Question and Answer forum?

Kittygyal
03-29-2006, 07:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab

bro its a forum of who wants a thread on q&a

take care

Umm Yoosuf
03-29-2006, 07:20 PM

Yes and no. But this section members are asking for will specifically be there for people to ask basic questions regarding Islam, many members do do a good job to help by finding an answer to your question from Qur’an and Sunnah already. At times people ask very basic questions, which are left ignored. If there was a section for this, members will pay more attention and therefore more chance of all question's been answered. Allah knows best.

aamirsaab
03-29-2006, 07:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah

Yes and no. But this section members are asking for will specifically be there for people to ask basic questions regarding Islam, many members do do a good job to help by finding an answer to your question from Qur’an and Sunnah already. At times people ask very basic questions, which are left ignored. If there was a section for this, members will pay more attention and therefore more chance of all question's been answered. Allah knows best.
There is already a basics of islam section that pretty much covers all this.

Kittygyal
03-29-2006, 07:27 PM

There is already a basics of islam section that pretty much covers all this.

but bro if you think about it, it will be good to have another one then whats bad about that tho :rollseyes

why can't we just have it:?

and on other forums i've seen they have and q&a thread so whats bad about it :?

we need the mods to come up with somet so please just put it up it will be very useful and very intresting :happy:

take care

Ghazi
03-29-2006, 07:29 PM
Salaam

How about a section dedicated to Jihad

Kittygyal
03-29-2006, 07:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Salaam

How about a section dedicated to Jihad

what is jihad bro:?

take care

Ghazi
03-29-2006, 07:31 PM
Salaam

striving in the way of Allah

Kittygyal
03-29-2006, 07:34 PM
Salaam

striving in the way of Allah

so what do you mean:?

i don't get it bro :heated:

take care

Ghazi
03-29-2006, 07:36 PM
Salaam

A section relating to Jihad(striving in the way of Allah) Anything relating to this topic could be posted there, from articles talking about the battle of Badar to common day Jihad such as Iraq and Chechnya.

Silver Pearl
03-29-2006, 07:38 PM
Ok people lets think about this rationally.....do we really need a Q and A section? I mean the basic islam section does that justice.

If this idea is put through i think it would be inappropriate to allow everyone to reply to it. I think the admin and mods should pick several people who will answer and collect their data from Quran and Sunnah. Who they know (obviously not personally but you get me). That section can not be a target for off-topics and irrelevant babble. Furthermore, we ain't scholars, lets not forget that. We are merely students....students....

rabeeq-firlee

:wasalamex

Umm Yoosuf
03-29-2006, 07:38 PM
The basic of Islam yes to a certain extent members use it ask questions but then again I have seen some many questions asked in the Cyber Counselling as well as in General Chat. It would be good to separate the two sections.

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-29-2006, 07:42 PM
I don't think we're making a Q&A section because
1. Q&A sections are usually made when their is a Mufti qualified who can give fatawa; as pointed out earlier, there is no such person on this forum.
2. You can already ask your questions anywhere on the forum and members will research an answer and discuss it. No need to make an 'official' Q&A section.

As for a 'Jihad' section, this is already covered by the Basics and In-Depth Islam sections, the World Affairs section, and the refutations section.

Kittygyal
03-29-2006, 07:46 PM
Salaam

A section relating to Jihad(striving in the way of Allah) Anything relating to this topic could be posted there, from articles talking about the battle of Badar to common day Jihad such as Iraq and Chechnya.

ok bro but why not have a q&a thread tho:?

am sure you can still post this jihad stuff in there too :rollseyes

take care

Ghazi
03-29-2006, 07:47 PM
ok bro but why not have a q&a thread tho:?

am sure you can still post this jihad stuff in there too :rollseyes

take care
Salaam

It deserves it's own section

Kittygyal
03-29-2006, 07:51 PM
Salaam

It deserves it's own section

right let me brake this down so your trying to say you want a section of jihad (thread) yea:rollseyes

but if we can't have a thread on q&a then why should there be a thread on jihad:?

take care

Ghazi
03-29-2006, 07:56 PM
right let me brake this down so your trying to say you want a section of jihad (thread) yea:rollseyes

but if we can't have a thread on q&a then why should there be a thread on jihad:?

take care
Salaam

Because I think it would be benifitial, members can post their links,videos etc.

Kittygyal
03-29-2006, 07:57 PM
Salaam

Because I think it would be benifitial, members can post their links,videos etc.

so why not have a q&a thread then people can post questions and that and then others can answer them :rollseyes

take care

Ghazi
03-29-2006, 09:51 PM
Salaam

Your gonna have to ask one of the mods.

sonz
03-30-2006, 07:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
I don't think we're making a Q&A section because
1. Q&A sections are usually made when their is a Mufti qualified who can give fatawa; as pointed out earlier, there is no such person on this forum.
2. You can already ask your questions anywhere on the forum and members will research an answer and discuss it. No need to make an 'official' Q&A section.

As for a 'Jihad' section, this is already covered by the Basics and In-Depth Islam sections, the World Affairs section, and the refutations section.

salama

but theyre basic qs and not fatwas???

masalama

sonz
03-30-2006, 09:51 PM
cuz its better for easy archivin???

it looks neat and is good for new muslims to islam

we got most votes now for yes option. can modz plz reconsider

DaSangarTalib
03-30-2006, 09:58 PM
i think we should have this section too :) it'll be benefitcial for alot of members Insha'Allah

Kittygyal
04-09-2006, 02:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by G-HaD-Ta-Raaza
i think we should have this section too :) it'll be benefitcial for alot of members Insha'Allah
yes that is so true :)

take care

extinction
04-09-2006, 07:47 PM
Salaam.

I totally agree... I mean it should be in the hands of ulamah and very learned people who should be answering the questions cause a single error in reporting a saying of the prophet(p.b.u.h) or mistranslating an ayah or something similar can be very bad....and one should be very cautious when answering questions...not any 'tom,bob or harry' should be doing it.......

IbnAbdulHakim
04-09-2006, 07:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
I suppose this whole forum is a Question&Answer area...

You just have to post ur Q in the right section to get an A :happy:
:thumbs_up

all the brothers and sisters pack up together and research and giv great answers. And having an insight of opinions is good too! so i think the forum itsself is betta den any Q&A

Kittygyal
04-10-2006, 12:44 PM
well bro think about it is very helpful and also the christains can ask qs too :)

take care

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.