/* */

PDA

View Full Version : "The Walk"

Umm Safiya
03-25-2006, 10:29 PM
:sl:

Alrighty, this is a story written by my younger sister..

The Walk
Author: Louise Trangeled
Genres: Angst/Humour

A Oneshot Drabble

"Mum, I'm going out."

"Sure, whatever Kevin."

Gee, thanks mum, I love you too, he thought sarcastically while glaring at the kitchen door. He slammed the front door and walked down the steps. He put his hands in his pockets, frowning at the deserted street. It would be pitch dark, if the street lamps hadn't been glowing. The cold made him shiver slighty. He began to walk down the street looking grim.
The was damp and heavy after the rain there'd been there a half hour ago. Keving missed one puddle and grumbled when his pants got a little wet.

Stupid rain, he thought, rain stinks, rain's wet! He blinked and snorted. "God, how depressing do I sound." He turned a corner, and walked down Victoria Street. He could hear the ringing of Big Ben.
Already 11pm? Must've walked slower than usually. He glanced up from his staring at the side walk, and he saw a lady walking with some bags. The bags looked heavy, and she stumbled a bit. He heard and saw the bags fall to the ground.
"Bloody hell," the lady shouted irritated. Kevin watched on with amusement. The lady took her hand to her forehead and sighed. She noticed Kevin and called to him.
"Help me out here, lad, instead of just watching." He walked towards her and looked at her arrogantly. "Hn," he grunted and continued past her. She stared after him for a while, not comprehending that he said no. She narrowed her etes ad grumbled about 'young ones there days, and their attitudes'.

She had it coming.... I think. He smirked a little, but glared darkly at the pavement. He walked by a dark ally. He stopped when something moved and looked into the dark. He shuddered. He took a wary glance before he continued.
"Meeoow" Something big and smelly jumped on him.
"Gaaarh," he screamed. He frantically looked around to find the thing that assaulted him. Nothing's here, he thought. Besides that cat. He looked at the cat. Is that CAT smiling smugly at me? He stared at the incredulously.

"Naah" he said, grunting at his own stupidity. But he still walked away with slightly quick steps. He slowed down rolling his eyes, but STILL he took a glance over his shoulder, his gaze finding the cat. It was still there, staring intense at him, smiling smugly.
"Brrr, creepy cat," he shuddered. He took a last glance and walked away. Not a long way was Big Ben. It was dark and gloomy. He picked up his pace a little, when his thought turned back to the cat.

Kevin heard some scratching right behind him and whipped around. Nothing was there.
"Ooo-kay," he said out loud, a little panicked. In the corner of his eye, he saw something disappear. He stood completely still and was very tense. He saw a shadow growing behind him, looming over him. Sweat started to show on his brow.

Okay, he thought determined. Isson, isson.
"Aaaargh," he yelled and jumped around, taking a fighting stance. His eyes widened and his mouth dropped.
"HUH?" It was.... the CREEPY fricking CAT. He nubbed his eyes. He looked again and... Blinked owlishly.
"It's.. gone," he stated out loud. He took a wary glance around. He had a really weird feeling in the out of his stomach.

"It must be my mind playing tricks on me," he said with fake optimism. He laughed nervous and checked anything that looked suspicious. He was sweating furiously and his palms were icky. He dried them of in his pants. He felt something behind him and stood very still. His hearthbeat sped up. He could hear his heart thumping in his chest, and drumming in his ears. Kevin looked at a puddle by his feet, and looked in the water. It showed a reflection. No... way! He whipped around again and there. THE CAAAT! It was smiling smugly with long, sharp fangs and dripping spit. The cat had tripled in size. He stared at it and felt his heart go insane. The cat was eyeing him evilly. Suddenly it yowled and jumped. Kevin screeched in fright and sprinted blindly. The houses were blurring at his speed. He glanced over his shoulder and yelped. The cat had grown bigger. He sped up and amazingly jumped over a trashcan.

Humans can do amazing things if they set their...... What the hell? He would've laughed out loud, if he wasn't so fricking scared. The saw a bridge in front of him. It was the Westminster Bridge. But hey, so what. He was being chased by a REALLY big cat, which were, without doubt, going to eat him. He kept running and so did the sweat. But of course, ye irony shall happen to thee. Keving missed some uneven bricks, and he fell flat on his face. He turned around and saw the cat. It was so big now, that if it would stand on two feet, it would almost be the same size as Kevin.
Kevin yelped and scurried away. The cat jumped on him and some spit landed on his face. He grimaced.

"Ain't ya a pretty one," the cat.... said? It was smiling perversely at him. "Huh," Kevin said panicked.
"Yo gonna be ma bride, and Imma roll with yo as ma catqueen."
"What," he yelped. He stared at the cat. Not enough that the fricking cat was talking, it wanted him as his CATQUEEN. Suddenly he narrowed his eyes and turned his head, glaring at the author, who was looking very smug.
"What?" he growled. "Shhh" the author shushed. "Get back to your role slave." The author cracked the whip, that suddenly appeared by her laptop. She took a victory pose and laughed maniacally. "I've created you. I OWN you, MUHAHAHA."
"Right, freak!" He cleared his throat. "What?"
The cat that had been left out by the little conversation and looked bored, stared leering again.
"Yeah, an' our wedding will happen... now!" He snapped his fingers and before them stood a minister. Kevin felt himself change and looked down in horror. His clothing had been replaced with a wedding dress.

"We are hear to gather there two and bla bla bla.." He looked at the cat. (Creepy cat is now called 'Cat') "So, will you, Cat, take Kevin, to be your catqueen bride?"
"Yeah 'course"
"And will you, Kevin, take Cat, to be your owner, err, I mean catband?"
"NO" he yelled in horror.
"Right, you are now catband and catqueen wife." The audience that had suddenly appeared 'aww-ed'. The minister looked at Cat. "You may now kiss your catqueen." Cat leered at Kevin and wiggled his eyebrows suggesting.
"Gimme some sugar, babe" Kevin stared in horror as the smacking catlips came closer.
"Mmm" Cat hummed almost there.
"Noooooooooooooooooooo.."

"...oooooooo" His yelling abruptly stopped and he looked around. He was sitting in his bed, clutching the bed quilt. Sweat was all over him. He looked around frantically, and sighed in relief.
"Just a dream," he muttered, "Thank you Lord."

"Shuddap babes, I ain't sleeping for fun." Kevin's eyes widened and he looked to his side. There on his left side was, with no way of mistaking, a very big cat, named Cat. He looked towards the author.
"I really despise you," he whispered pathetically before fainting.

"Hehe," the author grinned, "the fricking end."

What do ya think about it!? My sister wants to know.. :rollseyes

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sister_6038
03-27-2006, 02:22 PM
lololol that was hilarious sis?!!?!

Z
03-27-2006, 02:30 PM
Salaam.

That was pretty good. Athough a little too much dialouge for my liking, but quick enough.

Oh and the whole waking upto something and then saying it was dream is very cliche though. Not sure if the ending was really a twist either.

Umm Safiya
03-31-2006, 08:00 AM
Barak Allâhu fîkum for your replies.. My sister very much appreciates it..

format_quote Originally Posted by Z
Oh and the whole waking upto something and then saying it was dream is very cliche though. Not sure if the ending was really a twist either.
But the thing was, it wasn't a dream.. :)

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Soldier
04-01-2006, 06:29 PM
confusing

- Qatada -
04-01-2006, 06:36 PM
:salamext:

lol masha'Allaah cleva. especially the idea of a 'dream.' and then there was no dream.

:wasalamex

------
04-01-2006, 06:43 PM
LOL!!!! Joka!!! :giggling:

Umm Safiya
04-03-2006, 04:56 PM
:sl:

Barak Allâhu fikum..
My sister is very happy for your comments.. :) She's sitting here looking all goofy.. ;D

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.