PDA

View Full Version : Severity Of The Heat Of Hell-Fire

BlissfullyJaded
03-26-2006, 03:57 AM
:sl:

Severity Of The Heat Of Hell-Fire
Sheikh Salaah al Budayr
Jumaadal ulaa 23, 1423 (August 2, 2002)

All praise is due to Allaah, Lord of all the worlds. May peace and blessings of Allaah be upon the Messenger, his household and companions.

Fellow Muslims! Allaah created the men so that they may worship Him. He showed them evidences in His creatures that they should fear Him and He described the severity of His torment for them, so that, it may deter souls from error and corruption and make them work towards what will lead them to success and guidance. Beware therefore of all that He warns you against and fear that which He commands you to fear. Fear the Fire which He has described in his Book and through His Prophet Muhammad.

The Fire is an abode of severe rage and moaning; and abode whose horror is immense and whose blazing flame is hot. It is an abode that is full of darkness, loneliness and burning. It spares not (any sinner) nor does it leave anything (unburnt). Burning and blackening the skins. Over it are nineteen (angels as guardians). Its flame never extinguishes. It is an abode whose inhabitants are kept away from Mercy of Allaah and are denied the eternal happiness. It is Hell that sinners will be made to enter, an evil it is as a resting place. When the hearts of those who fear Allaah remember its stages, ranks, gates and guardians, their eyes shed tears. The Messenger of Allaah said, "By Him in Whose hand is my soul, if you but saw what I have seen, you would have laughed a little and wept a lot." They said, "O Messenger of Allaah! What have you seen?" He said, "I saw Paradise and Hell." (Muslim)

An-Nu'maan bin Basheer said, "I heard the Messenger of Allaah giving a sermon and saying, 'I warn you against Fire! I warn you against Fire!' He kept on saying that till a black woollen blanket that was on his shoulders fell on his feet." (Ahmad)

Brethen in Faith! Paradise and Fire are close to anyone of you than the laces of his shoes. And the Fire which you kindle here in the world is just a seventieth part of the Hell-Fire. The Hell-Fire is sixty-nine times hotter than the fire of this world. The hotness of summer and its mid-day heat that you feel is just a breath of the Hell-Fire. The Prophet said, "The Fire complained to its Lord and said, 'O my Lord! Parts of me eats up other parts.' So Allaah permitted it to have two breaths: one in the summer and one in the winter and that is the severe heat you feel in summer and the severe cold you feel in the winter. And the severe heat is of the breath of Hell."

Hell will be brought forth on the Day of Resurrection with seventy thousand reins, each rein is pulled by 70,000 angels. It will be brought forth while in a state of severe rage; and the sinners will become sure of the great calamity when they see it. People shall then fall on their knees and man will remember his deeds, but how can the remembrance then avail him? He will say: Alas! Would that I had sent forth good (deeds) for (this) my life. So on that Day, none will punish as He will punish and none will bind (the wicked, disbelievers and polytheists) as He will bind. Its depth is a march of 70 years. The Prophet said, when he heard a sound, "That is a rock cast in the Fire since 70 years, and it shall continue falling into the Fire until it reaches its depth." (Muslim)

The Siraat (passageway) will be erected across the Hell with its Horror and hooks that will fell sinners into the Hell. The believers shall move across it according to their deeds; some will pass it like a twinkle of an eye, some like a thunder, some like the wind, some like birds and some like fast horses. Some people will be saved and some will be torn to pieces and sent down to Hell. Among those who will fall into Hell, some will be immersed into the Fire up to their ankles, some up to their knees, some up to their waists and some up to their collar bones. Its dwellers will be dragged there in fright and be pushed there, and the Fire will boil them like pots. When they are thrown there, they will hear it make a terrible breath as it blazes forth. They will complain of hunger, but they will only be relieved with the worst of all food that has been prepared for sinners.

"Verily the tree of Zaqqoom, will be the food of the sinners, like boiling oil, it will boil in the bellies, like the boiling of scalding water." (Ad-Dukhaan 44:43-46)

The Prophet said, "If a drop of Zaqqoom was to be dropped on the earth, it would have rendered the food of the inhabitants of the earth bitter. How then would it be like for those whose food is Zaqqoom and who have no other food." (Ahmad). They will only be fed with poisonous thorny plant, which will neither nourish nor avail against hunger. A thorn that zeises them; it will not enter their bellies nor will it come out of their throats. They will be relieved when they have reached the peak of thirst, they will be made to drink from a severely hot spring; a drink that will cut their intestines; for they had for long been eating from forbidden and sinful means; their faces will be scalded in Fire, for they had long been disobeying their Lord. Terrible will be their drink and an evil dwelling. The Prophet said, "Hot water will be poured on their heads and it will penetrate their skulls until it reaches their bellies. It will then chop off whatever is in their bellies until it comes out from their feet. It will then be returned as it is." (Ahmad & Tirmidhee). The least tormented among the inhabitants of Hell is the one who will have only a pair of shoes and laces made of Fire. Both will boil his brain like boiler. He will see no one suffering more than him in punishment, while he is the least in punishment.

They will suffer in the Hell from pieces of fire and garments of pitch, bound together in fetters. Chains and shackles will render them incapacitated. Their legs will be bound to their necks. Their faces will be blackened out of the disgrace of their sins and they will not be able to free themselves from the shackles of Hell.

"And for them are hooked rods of iron (to punish them). Every time they seek to get away therefrom, from anguish, they will be driven back therein, and (it will be) said to them: Taste the torment of burning!" (Al-Hajj 22:21-22)

They will be locked in the Hell and their torment will be aggravated. Cry and sorrow will be their lot out of severe torment. They will move about its valleys aimlessly and they will passionately plead with the guardian of Hell saying,
"O keeper of Hell! Let your Lord make an end of us." And he will say, "Verily, you shall abide forever." (Az-Zukhruf 43:77)

Their sorrow will be eternal and they will know no happiness. The Prophet said, "Indeed, the dwellers of Hell shall weep and if ships are to be moved on the sea of their tears, they will certainly move. They shall shed tears of blood." (Al-Haakim)

They shall weep on their life that was wasted without any provision for the Hereafter. Woe unto them for the wrath of the Creator upon them and their disgrace in front of all creatures. They shall be screaming, "Our Lord, bring us out, we shall do righteous good deeds not (the evil deeds) that we used to do." (Faatir 35:37)

"Our Lord! We have now seen and heard, so send us back (to the world) that we will do righteous good deeds." (As-Sajdah 32:12)

"Our Lord! Our wretchedness overcame us, and we were an erring people. Our Lord! Bring us out of this, if ever we return (to evil) then indeed, we shall be wrongdoers." (Al-Mu'minoon 23:106-107)

They would now cry unto Allaah Whom they had long disobeyed, violated His limits and been hostile to His friends. But they would not be shown mercy, and they will not have their invocations answered. Their sins have encompassed them, and they will continue nursing hope upon hope until a caller will proclaim,
"O dwellers of Paradise! Abide therein forever and you shall not die! O inhabitants of Hell! Abide therein forever and you shall not die." Their fire is one that never dies out, "Neither will it have a complete killing effect on them, so that they die, nor shall its torment be lightened for them." (Faatir 35:36)

They shall be cursing one another and blaming one another, "Every time a new nation enters (the Fire) it curses its sister nation (that went before her)." (Al-A'raaf 7:38)

Their rage will be severe on those who misled them and led them to destruction and they will say,

"Our Lord, show us those among jinn and men who led us astray: that we may crush them under our feet so that they become the lowest." (Fussilat 41:29)

On that day, the one who forgot remembrance of Allaah shall tell his evil companion who diverted him from remembrance of Allaah: "Would that between me and you were the distance of the two easts (or the east and the west). A worst kind of companion indeed." (Az-Zukhruf 43:38)

But all this will be of no avail to them, for they will be partners in the torment, but they will not know.

Brethren in Faith! These are just some of the characteristics of the Fire and its dwellers. So, seek refuge with Allaah from Hell and from all sayings and deeds that lead to it for you are now in an age where tribulations, evils, ambiguities and lusts are many that take whoever succumbs to it into backwardness in matters of his belief, manners, thoughts and behaviour. The Messenger of Allaah said, "Of the things that I fear for you most is the oppressive lusts of your private parts and misleading desires." He also said, "The Paradise is screened with undesirable things while Hell is screened with lustful things." (Bukhaaree). Therefore, try to cross the desert of undesirable things and awake your hearts from their forgetfulness. Lead your souls away from desires. Take to the instructions of the Book of Allaah and the Sunnah of His Messenger. Know that you are now being given respite and that you shall soon be overtaken by death. For there is no slumber that is deeper than forgetfulness and there is no bondage stronger than lust. No calamity is like death of the heart and no warner is greater than old age and no final destination that is worse than Hell,

"and it is nothing else than a reminder to mankind. And by the dawn when it brightens, verily, it (Hell) is but one of the greatest signs: a warning to mankind. To any of you that chooses to go forward (by working righteous deeds) or to remain behind (by committing sins)." (Al-Muddath-thir 74:33-37)

Fellow Muslims! Save yourselves from Hell. Learn lessons from past nations before you become objects of lessons to others. Follow the paths of the repentant ones, for now is time for repentance and seeking for forgiveness and abstention from sins.

Dear brother! O you who have exceeded all limits and abandon the right path! Hasten to repentance, cleanse yourself of sins and rescue yourself from Hell. How I wish I know how the sinful live joyful life while Allaah says,

"And if you could but see, when they will be terrified, with no escape (for them) and they will be seized from a near place." (Saba' 34:51)

Brethren in Faith! Rescue yourselves from Hell and beware of the wrath of Allaah. The Prophet said, "Every one of you shall be addressed by his Lord without any interpreter. Man will look at his right and shall not see but what he has presented of his deeds, and will look left and will not see but what he has presented of his deeds. He will look in front of him but will not see but Hell. So, fear Hell by being generous even with a part of a date even with a good word." (Al-Bukhaaree)

Brethren in Faith! Rescue yourselves, your wives, your children and all those who are under your care from Hell. Know that neglecting prayers, emulating the infidels and immoral people, watching unlawful things on TV channels, dressing unIslaamically and drinking alcohol are all deeds of the people of Hell. Know also that all acts that are in disobedience of Allaah and His Messenger are also that of people of Hell. Allaah says,

"And whosoever disobeys Allaah and His Messsenger and transgresses His limits, He will cast him into the Fire to abide therein, and he shall have disgraceful torment." (An-Nisaa 4:14)

Fellow Muslims! O you who believe that Allaah is your Lord, that Islaam is your religion and that Muhammad is your Prophet and Messenger! Turn to Allaah in repentance and listen to this call from our Lord,

"O you who believe! Ward off yourselves and your families a fire whose fuel is men and stones, over which are (appointed) angels, stern (and) severe, who disobey not (from exceeding) the Commands they receive from Allaah, but do that which they are commanded." (At-Tahreem 66:60)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
abdul Majid
03-26-2006, 03:58 AM
auzzubillah min azab il narrrr

Mu'maneen
03-28-2006, 04:11 AM

Jazak Allah Kher Fe Dunya Wal Akhira for the excellent post dear Sister of Islam.

---------------------

Visit my new Islamic Site:
http://hstrial-besmail.homestead.com/islam.html

:rose: WIN A PRIZE NOW! A Beautiful Plasma Ball! :rose:
http://www.islamic-faith.net/111.html
http://www.gawaher.com/index.php?sho...0&#entry260637

hidaayah
03-28-2006, 05:00 AM
jazakallah khair...May Allah save us all from hell..!! Ameenn..!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
DaSangarTalib
03-29-2006, 03:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by A sister
AMEEN!! :)

Muezzin
03-29-2006, 03:51 PM
Just when you thought flames couldn't get any hotter than this:

But seriously, good post.

freeze
04-06-2006, 01:28 AM
Only 99.9% of mankind will enter Paradise? That's not a lot at all. So the chances of me getting into Paradise is pretty slim, eh..

Silver
04-24-2006, 09:26 AM
thanks for reminding us of all this!And Inchallah it will urge us all to become better persons cos if we are Allah almighty will reward us in the afterlife and the world would become a better place.

hidaayah
08-09-2006, 01:09 PM
The Description of Fire and the Situation of its People
By Sh.Salah al Budayr

Summary

1) The objective behind creating the creations.
2) The description of Hell Fire.
3) The torment of the people of Hell.
4) Taking refuge in Allaah from Hell.
5) A warning against Hell and encouraging repentance.

First Khutbah

O Muslims! Allaah created the creations so that they would worship Him. He provided them with evidences proving His greatness in order that they may fear Him; He described to them the harshness of His torment and the place of His punishment in order that they would control themselves from corruption and sinfulness and in order that it would be an incentive for them to achieve success and to be guided. Beware of that which Allaah warned you against, and fear that which He scared you from.

Fear the Hell Fire which He described in His Book and through His Messenger sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam. It is a dwelling which has its own fury and roar. Its heat is great. It is black and dark, depressing and burning. Allaah says which means, “It lets nothing remain and leaves nothing (unburned). Altering (i.e. blackening the skins. Over it are Nineteen (angels).” (Al-Muddaththir: 28-30). Its flame never extinguishes; a dwelling in which Allaah deprives its people from being close to Him and from joy and happiness, Allaah says that which means, “Hell, which they will (enter to) burn, and wretched is the resting place.” (Saad: 56).

The mention of its levels and its steep bottom surrounding walls terrifies the hearts of the people fearful of Allaah. The Prophet sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam said as narrated by Anas, may Allaah be pleased with him, “I swear by The One in Whose Hand my soul is, if you saw what I saw you would laugh little, and cry excessively”, people said, ‘O Prophet of Allaah! What did you see?’ He sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam replied, “I saw Paradise and Hell” (Muslim).

Nu’maan Ibn Al-Basheer, may Allaah be please with him, said ‘I heard the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam saying, “I warn you of the Fire, I warn you of the Fire” until his over garment fell from his shoulders to his feet’ (Ahmad and others). He sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam also said, “Do not forget the two great things, do not forget the two great things: Paradise and Hell”. Then he sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam said while crying, "I swear by The One in Whose Hand the soul of Muhammad is, if you know what I know, you would climb the mountains and pour dust on your heads (out of fear)" (Abu Ya'laa) .

O Muslims! Ibn Mas’ood, may Allaah be pleased with him, narrated that the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam said, “Paradise is closer to one of you than his shoelace, and Hell is likewise” (Bukhaari). He sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam also said, according to the narration of Abu Hurayrah, may Allaah be pleased with him, “The fire which you light is one of the seventy parts (of heat) from the fire of Hell. It (Hell Fire) was increased by sixty nine parts, each part is just as hot” (Bukhaari).

What you feel from heat during summer is but a small breath from Hell to remind you with it. Abu Hurayrah, may Allaah be pleased with him, narrated that the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam said, “The Fire complained to its Lord saying, O Lord! I am eating up myself (burning), so Allaah allowed it to release two breaths, one during the winter and one during the summer; the coldest days you experience result from the breath of Zamhareer (cold punishment in Hell), and the hottest days you experience result from the breath of Fire” (Bukhaari)

Hellfire will come on the Day of Resurrection being led by seventy thousand handles. Each handle will be pulled by seventy thousand angles. It will come in an angry state and the criminals will be certain of the consequence of their deeds which they are to face, when they see it. Nations will drop to their knees, and Man will remember what he had set forth. Allaah says, which means, “And brought (within view) that Day, is Hell - that Day man will remember, but how (i.e. what good) to him will be the remembrance? He will say: 'Oh. I wish I had sent ahead (some good) for my life.' So on that Day none will punish (as severely) as His punishment, And none will bind (as severely) as His binding (of the evildoers). (Al-Fajr: 23-26).

It takes seventy years to reach its bottom. Abu Hurayrah, may Allaah be pleased with him, narrated that the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam said when he heard a sound of a rock, “This is a rock which was thrown in Hell Fire seventy years ago, and it just reached its bottom now” (Muslim).

The Siraat (a bridge) will be set over Hell with all the harshness of its Fire and its hooked rods. The believers will pass over it with a speed according to their deeds, some will pass as fast as the blink of an eye, some as fast as the blowing of the wind, some as birds fly, and some as fast as quick horse. Some people will pass safely, others will be scratched and others will be taken down into the Fire. The Fire will reach up to some people’s ankles, while it will reach others to their knees, others to their waists and yet others to their throats. The people of Hell will be led to it tired and scared. They will be pushed towards it and shoved. They will be dragged in its heat and then thrown into its flames. Fire will be boiling with them in it like water boils in a pot, Allaah says, which means, “When they are thrown into it, they hear from it a (dreadful) inhaling while it boils up” (Al-Mulk: 7).

They will ask for food, and they will be granted the most revolting rations which have been prepared for the wrong doers, Allaah says which means, “Indeed the tree of Zaqqum, is the food for the sinful. Like murky oil, it boils within bellies. Like the boiling of scalding water” (Ad-Dukhaan: 43-46).

Ibn ‘Abbaas, may Allaah be pleased with him, narrated that the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam said when he heard the sound of a rock, “If a drop from Zaqqoom (a tree in Hell) were to be dropped on earth, it would make people’s life bitter, so how would the case be for those whose food is Zaqqoom, and have nothing else as food” (Ahmad).

When they ask for help they would be provided with a poisonous thorny plant, which will neither nourish nor avail against hunger. It will have thorns which will neither reach their stomachs nor come out of their mouths. They would ask for help and they would be given as food the filth from the washing of wounds, pus and blood which comes out of the flesh of the people of Hell. When their thirst reaches its ultimate, they would be given water from a boiling spring with extremely high temperature, which would split up their stomachs, damage their sinful bodies, and burn their disobedient faces. Allaah says which means, “And say, 'the truth is from your Lord, so whoever wills - let him believe; and whoever disbelieves - let him disbelieve.' Indeed We have prepared for the wrongdoers a fire whose walls will surround them. And if they call for relief, they will be relieved with water like murky oil, which scalds (their) faces. Wretched is the drink, and evil is the resting place.” (Al-Kahf: 29).

Abu Hurayrah, may Allaah be pleased with him, narrated that the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam said when he heard the sound of a rock, “Boiling water will be poured on their heads and it would pierce their skulls until it reaches their stomachs; this will make their guts melt and go down to their feet, then everything would be returned to its original condition again” (Ahmad & Tirmithi).

An-Nu’maan Ibn Al-Basheer, may Allaah be pleased with him, narrated that the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam said when he heard the sound of a rock, “The least among the people of Hell in punishment is one whose sandals and laces are of fire from which his brain boils as a pot of water would boil (when set on fire), he will not think that there is anyone being punished more than him, but in reality, he is the least in punishment” (Bukhaari & Muslim).

They will suffer in Hell in different ways: torment of fire, garments made of pitch which solid strong mountains cannot tolerate. They will be tied up with their hands and feet to their necks in fetters, its chains overburdening them. Their feet will be tied to their foreheads and their faces will turn gloomy as a result.

Doors will become sealed and the hardship that lies therein will be great, Allaah says which means, “It has seven gates; for every gate is of them (i.e. Satan's followers) a portion designated” (Al-Hijr: 44).

They will cry and be saddened, and will cry out loud from the severity of the torment while they are in its valleys, Allaah says which means, “And they will call:' O Maalik, let your Lord put an end to us!' He will say, 'Indeed you will remain.' ” (Az-Zukhruf: 77).

Their sorrow will be continuous, so they will never feel happy. Their destiny is certain (in fire) and they will never depart from it, the Prophet Sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam said as narrated by ‘Abdullaah Ibn Qays, may Allaah be pleased with him, “The dwellers of Hell will cry so much that ships can sail in their tears, and their tears will be of blood” (Al-Haakim). They will be crying because they wasted their lives without taking provisions from it for the hereafter, and the more they weep the more they feel the craving to cry. What a moment to regret for having their Creator angry with them! They will call, as Allaah says, which means, “And they will cry out therein, 'Our Lord, remove us; We will do righteousness - other than what we were doing! But did we not grant you life enough for whoever would remember therein to remember, and the Warner had come to you? So taste (the punishment), for there is not for the wrongdoers and helper.'" (Faatir: 37). And also, “If you could but see when the criminals are hanging their heads before their Lord (saying), 'Our Lord, we have seen and heard, so return us (to the world); we will work righteousness. Indeed, they are (now) certain” (As-Sajdah: 12). Also, “They will say, 'Our Lord, our wretchedness overcame us, and we were a people astray. Our Lord, remove us from it, and if we were to return(to evil), we would indeed be wrongdoers.'” (Al-Mu’minoon: 106-107).

They will call unto to the Lord Whom they continued to disobey, transgress His boundaries, and were enemies of His devout slaves; they will be calling unto The Lord whose judgment is just on them, and His wrath and punishment befell them. Allaah says which means, “He will say, 'Remain despised therein and do not speak to Me.'” (Al- Mu’minoon: 108).

That day, the one who cries is not sympathized with, and the one who supplicates is never responded to; it is too late to get what they desire. Their sins surround them. They continue to hope for rescue until a sound calls saying, O people of Paradise it is an eternal life which has no death, O people of Hell it is an eternal life which has no death. A Fire which cannot be resisted, and a soul which does not die, Allaah says, which means, “Indeed, whoever comes to his Lord as a criminal – indeed, for him is hell; he will neither die therein nor live.” (Taa Haa: 74).

They blame each other and belie each other, Allaah says which means, “(Allaah) will say, 'enter among nations which had passed on before you of jinn and mankind into the Fire.' Every time a nation enters, it will curse its sister until, when they have all overtaken one another therein, the last of them will say about the first of them, 'Our Lord, these had misled us, so give them a double punishment of the Fire.' He will say, 'For each is double, but you do not know.'” (Al- A’raaf: 38). Also, “And (Ibraheem) said, 'You have only taken other than Allaah idols as (a bond of) affection among you in worldly life. Then on the Day of Resurrection you will deny one another and curse one another and your refuge will be the Fire, and you will not have any helpers.'” (Al- ‘Ankaboot: 25).

They become furious with those who led them astray and increased their misguidance, Allaah says, which means, “And those who disbelieved will (then) say, 'Our Lord show us those who misled us of the jinn and men (so) we may put them under our feet that they will be among the lowest.'” (Fussilat: 29).

The one who blinded himself from the remembrance of Allaah would say to his intimate companion who hindered him from the Qur’aan and made disobedience look appealing. Allaah says, which means, “At length, when such a one comes to Us, he says to his evil companion: Would that between me and thee were the distance of East an West! Ah! Evil is the companion indeed!”(Az- Zukhruf: 38).

But this would not benefit them because they will be sharing the punishment, Allaah says, which means, ““(Allaah) will say, 'enter among nations which had passed on before you of jinn and mankind into the Fire.' Every time a nation enters, it will curse its sister until, when they have all overtaken one another therein, the last of them will say about the first of them, 'Our Lord, these had misled us, so give them a double punishment of the Fire.' He will say, 'For each is double, but you do not know.'” (Al- A’raaf: 38).

Slaves of Allaah! These are some of the descriptions of the Fire and its people, so ask Allaah to protect you from Hell Fire. Ask Allaah to keep you away from any words or deeds which would bring you closer to Hell Fire. We live in a time during which evil and trials are successive; trials of doubts and fast busy life, which lead anyone who falls in its trap to turn away from his faith, manners and behavior. Abu Baarzah, may Allaah be pleased with him, narrated that the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam said, “Amongst the things which I fear on you the most are following your desires regarding your provisions and private parts and doubts (regarding the religion)” in another narration he sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam said, “and trials” (Ahmad).

Abu Hurayrah, may Allaah be pleased with him, narrated that the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam said, “Paradise is surrounded by difficulties and Fire is surrounded by temptations” (Bukhaari).

Overcome these difficulties and awaken your hearts from its heedlessness. Keep yourselves away from the sources of temptations and guard yourselves with the Qur’aan and the Sunnah. Know that you have time now, yet you are awaiting a sudden death. One who will not benefit from his present life, certainly will not benefit from what will come after. There is no disaster greater than being heedless and having a dead heart. There nothing which will warn you better than the graying of your hair, and no destiny worse than Hell. Allaah says, which means, “and We have not made the keepers of the Fire except angels. And we have not made their number except as a trial for those who disbelieve – that those who were given the Scripture will be convinced and those who have believed will increase in faith and those who were given the Scripture and the believers will not doubt and that those in whose hearts is disease (i.e. hypocrisy) and the disbelievers will say, 'What does Allaah intend by this as an example?' Thus does Allaah lead astray whom He wills and guides whom He wills. And none knows the soldiers of your Lord except Him. And it (i.e. mention of the fire) is not but a reminder to humanity. No! By the moon, and (by) the night when it departs, and (by) the morning when it brightens, Indeed, it (i.e. the Fire) is of the greatest (afflictions), as a warning to humanity – To whoever wills among you to proceed or stay behind.” (Al-Muddaththir: 31-37).

Second Khutbah

O Muslims! Protect yourselves from the Fire, and take lessons from those who came before you, before those who come after you take lessons from you. Follow the footsteps of those who repented, and take the path of those who returned to Allaah, because this is the time to turn to Allaah and ask His forgiveness and abandon sinning.

Slaves of Allaah! O you who transgressed the boundaries and stayed away from the right path! Hasten to repentance, and wash yourselves from the filth of sins; protect yourselves from Hell. I do not know how sinners can live comfortably while Allaah says, which means, “And if you could see when they are terrified but there is no escape, and they will be seized from a place nearby” (Saba’: 51).

Salves of Allaah! Rescue yourselves from the Fire. Beware of the wrath of The Compeller, ‘Uday Ibn Haatim, may Allaah be pleased with him, narrated that the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam said, “Allaah will speak to each one of you without an interpreter; you will look to your right and see only what you set forth from your deeds, look behind and see only what you set forth from your deeds, and look in front of you and see Hell facing him; so protect yourselves from Hell even if you spend as little as half a date, or a kind word” (Bukhaari & Muslim).

Slaves of Allaah! Protect yourselves, your wives, your children and those under your responsibility from Hell. Abandoning prayers, imitating the disbelievers, looking at prohibited things via satellite channels, consuming alcohol, and women not adhering to the Islamic dress code of hijaab, are all from the deeds and actions of the people of Hell. Every disobedience to Allaah and His Messenger is from the deeds of the people of Hell; so protect yourselves from the Fire, Allaah says, which means, “And whoever disobeys Allaaah and His messenger and transgresses His limits – He will put Him into the Fire to abide eternally therein, and he will have a humiliating punishment.” (An-Nisaa’: 14).

O Muslims! O You who accepted Allaah as your Lord, Islam as your religion and Muhammad sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam as your prophet and messenger, respond to Allaah, repent to Him and listen to His call, Allaah says, which means, “Oh you who have believed, protect yourselves and your families from a Fire whose fuel is people and stones, over which are appointed angels, harsh and severe; they do not disobey Allaah in what He commands them but do what they are commanded” (At-Tahreem: 6).

^..sTr!vEr..^
08-10-2006, 02:44 AM
JazakAllah hidaayah..jus wht i wanted :)

ktl1509
08-13-2006, 06:27 AM
May Allah Have Mercy On Us All

jzcasejz
08-24-2007, 01:58 PM
^ Ameen!

JazaakAllaahu Khayran for posting this...needed a reminder.

------
11-19-2007, 02:10 PM
:salamext:

Jazaak Allaah Khayr for this post.... May Allaah protect us from the torments of hell...AMeen...:'(

Umer
11-19-2007, 04:29 PM
jazakallah for sharing this. this is an excellent read. i think everyone should read this and take heed and ameen to all the duas.

Hashim_507
11-19-2007, 04:40 PM
May Allah save us from hell fire. Amin!!

Nabooly
11-20-2007, 02:12 AM
Allah yit3amna el jinny w yib3id 3ana nar, ameen.

Noor 13
11-26-2007, 11:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hidaayah
Ameen

chacha_jalebi
11-26-2007, 11:09 PM
:( allah humma ajirni min naar

does anyone have the audio or video of this khutba

mashallah @ sheikh saleh al budair

Ummu Sufyaan
11-27-2007, 02:54 AM
try asking the brothers and sisters over in he Imams of the haramain thread, brother.

yashal
11-27-2007, 06:16 AM
we all should seek ALLAH's mercy..........and try to avoid sins.......b/c they are no more attractive when you know the punishment..

------
06-01-2008, 07:25 PM

------
06-20-2008, 02:39 PM

This is a MUST READ.

Whatsthepoint
06-20-2008, 02:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jawharah
Brethen in Faith! Paradise and Fire are close to anyone of you than the laces of his shoes. And the Fire which you kindle here in the world is just a seventieth part of the Hell-Fire. The Hell-Fire is sixty-nine times hotter than the fire of this world. The hotness of summer and its mid-day heat that you feel is just a breath of the Hell-Fire. The Prophet said, "The Fire complained to its Lord and said, 'O my Lord! Parts of me eats up other parts.' So Allaah permitted it to have two breaths: one in the summer and one in the winter and that is the severe heat you feel in summer and the severe cold you feel in the winter. And the severe heat is of the breath of Hell."
Can a human being feel the difference between being burnt by "normal" fire and fire 69 times hotter?
What exactly is refered to as the fire of this world? There's different kinds of fire on Earth, and not every flame has the same temperature.

------
06-20-2008, 03:00 PM
Hey

Can a human being feel the difference between being burnt by "normal" fire and fire 69 times hotter?
If Allaah Wills, Yes.

What exactly is refered to as the fire of this world? There's different kinds of fire on Earth, and not every flame has the same temperature
Normal fire,you know, the one not tampered with by sciences. E.g. Fire made by burning wood.

Allaah Knows Best.

Souljette
06-21-2008, 11:34 AM

Jazakallah khair Sis Jawharah and Sis hidaayah for posting this..very beneficial and really needed for many people as a reminder

Güven
06-21-2008, 11:55 AM
Very Nice POst , Jazakallahu Khair !!

Woodrow
06-21-2008, 01:51 PM
A very good read and reminder. Yet, at the same time should we not desire Jannah because we love and desire to serve Allaah(swt), not simply because of fear of hell-fire?

Shouldn't our desire to serve Allaah(swt) be even stronger then our greatest fears?

To graceously and loyally serve Allaah(swt) eliminates any need to fear Hell-Fire as it is something a true believer, will never face.

Fear of Hell-Fire for the unrepentent should be an incentive for us to do our best to guide our fellow humans to the path that will lead them away from such a fate.

crayon
06-21-2008, 02:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
A very good read and reminder. Yet, at the same time should we not desire Jannah because we love and desire to serve Allaah(swt), not simply because of fear of hell-fire?

Shouldn't our desire to serve Allaah(swt) be even stronger then our greatest fears?

To graceously and loyally serve Allaah(swt) eliminates any need to fear Hell-Fire as it is something a true believer, will never face.

Fear of Hell-Fire for the unrepentent should be an incentive for us to do our best to guide our fellow humans to the path that will lead them away from such a fate.
That's true, but different people are motivated by different things. If a teacher says whoever does the homework will get candy, some people won't bother. If the teacher says if you don't do the homework, you'll get detention, those who did not want to do it will. So yes, we should aim to do good deeds and avoid bad ones because of our love for Allah, but all to often, we forget, and are reminded by the punishment that awaits us if we do not.

Woodrow
06-21-2008, 02:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
That's true, but different people are motivated by different things. If a teacher says whoever does the homework will get candy, some people won't bother. If the teacher says if you don't do the homework, you'll get detention, those who did not want to do it will. So yes, we should aim to do good deeds and avoid bad ones because of our love for Allah, but all to often, we forget, and are reminded by the punishment that awaits us if we do not.
That is true some people are motivated by fear. but, if the person's motivation is fear, are they actually serving Allaah(swt) or are they serving themselves, by finding a loop-hole to escape hell-fire with no need to love Allaah(swt)? In other words is not such a person a hypocrite?

There are laws on the book that provide grave punishments to woman who torture their children, but most mothers love ther childen suficiently to not desire to harm their children. A woman who only restrains from harming her children because of the laws is not deserving of the rewards of motherhood.

So it is with us. there are those who serve Allaah(swt) out of love and there are those who serve out of fear, do those who serve out of fear truly serve or are they hypocrites?

Hell-Fire is a great reminder and it is a fitting punishment and a reason for a person to seek other choices. But, shouldn't the final reason to serve be out of love and not simply to avoid punishment?

We should love Allaah(swt) because he saves us from hell-fire. Hell-fire is our own choice when we fail to follow Allaah(swt). Our love for him is on the path he gives us to avoid the temptations that would lead us to hell-fire.

TrueStranger
06-21-2008, 05:12 PM

Brother Woodrow fear at times helps us to stay in line. A man was forgiven after sinning so many sins, mere because he ordered his sons to burn him when he dies and scatter his ashes across the globe, for if Allah gets a hold of him, he will be punished like no other. And when Allah asked him why he did such a thing, he said because of the fear i have for you Allah. And Allah did indeed forgave me.

Hell is just a fair warning to all of mankind. But it is interesting to know what motivates us to obey Allah.

Three things that motivate me to obey Allah are:

One is the kindness, mercy, and generosity which Allah has shown me over and over again. I would hate to be ungrateful to the One who is so patient and gracious to me.

Second is my own insignificance, how incomplete, imperfect, and how deeply depended I'm on Allah. It is realizing that we are not self-sufficient. My provision, my heath, my wealth, and my whole life is given to me by Allah. How I would hate to be ungrateful to the One who is so Giving and Caring to His Creation.

Third is the just punishment I will receive after disobeying my Creator, my Sustainer, my Provider, my Guardian, my Helper, my only Friend. I have no right to disobey Allah, and I know that such disobedience deserves nothing but severe punishment, especially when I'm aware of my own wrong doing. If i am to enter hell, it is due to my own wrongdoing. I have no choice but to plead guilty on my own accord, and i know that I will only enter Hell because of Allah's Justice.

And as Sila Bin Ashyam used to say at the break of day, after spending the whole night worshipping Allah "O Allah I am not fit to beg "Jannah" (Heaven) of You, but all i beseech of You is, that You save me from "Jahaannam" (Hell).

No matter how much sufficient righteous deeds i do, countless prayers i pray, and even my continuos repentance does not guarantee me paradise unless Allah showers His Mercy and Grace on me. I would hate to be ungrateful, heedless, and disobedient to the One who is Most Merciful Oft-Forgiving.

May Allah protect us and spare us from the Hell-Fire. Ameeen

:w:

Sapahi
06-24-2008, 07:44 PM
Jazakh'ALLAH Khair for these reminders...

- IqRa -
06-26-2009, 10:12 AM
:offended:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.