/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sudan, the next Iraq?

DaSangarTalib
03-26-2006, 01:07 PM
Darfur Province had always suffered the brutal conflict and its impacts, but this was never genocide. True that the conflict-stricken region Darfur has been in an almost constant state of misery and chaos, but accusations that the Khartoum government was sending the Janjaweed militias to murder African tribes people are simply unfounded.

Contrary to what it claims, Washington doesn’t have the least intention to reduce the carnage in Darfur and has no credibility as far as "humanitarian intervention". Afghanistan or Iraq are good example of what devastating impact the U.S. intervention in a country causes. The daily bloodshed, brutal attacks claiming the lives of scores of civilians- the two counties now are suffering an unprecedented level of widespread violence, all because of the U.S. occupation.

According to an editorial from Egypt's Algomhuria, President Bush is finalizing new invasion plan, this time against Sudan to “prey upon its land and its riches.” But will” Americans reign in Bush and his outlandish ideas … for once?” the author questions.

In war-torn Afghanistan, the U.S. has made no effort to establish security beyond Kabul, the Afghan capital and in Iraq, analysts and political experts are warning that the country is on the brink of a bloody civil war. Same situation would be soon in Sudan.

The Bush administration couldn’t hide its true intentions toward Sudan since the conflict broke out in Western Sudan's Darfur Province.

Washington made numerous statements at the beginning of the crisis, claiming that the situation is genocide and accusing Khartoum of being responsible of te blooshed; trying to shift the world’s attention away from true conspirators behind the conflict, and we now see the U.S. President appealing to NATO Secretary General Japp de Hoop Scheffer for a NATO intervention into Darfur to end the crisis.

But Bush’s goals are far from installing peace and ending bloodshed in Sudan, on the contrary, all he wants is to meddle in Sudan's affairs just as he did in Iraq, and now suffers tremendously trying to clean up the mess he created in the occupation-devastated country.

We all knew that Bush’s decision to invade Iraq in 20 March 2003 and topple its leader wasn’t for the welfare of the Iraqi nation, whom the U.S. President claims was his prime concern. The situation in Iraq speaks for itself, the daily massacres, targeted killings, roadside, and car bombs in which scores of innocent lives are lost, are all because of Bush’s stupid decision to invade the country.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
minaz
03-26-2006, 01:32 PM
Since Somalia, The US does not go into Africa, and it is genocide in Darfur in my opinion

justahumane
03-26-2006, 03:38 PM
So brother fight&die4allah, its not genocide

Darfur Province had always suffered the brutal conflict and its impacts, but this was never genocide. True that the conflict-stricken region Darfur has been in an almost constant state of misery and chaos, but accusations that the Khartoum government was sending the Janjaweed militias to murder African tribes people are simply unfounded.
Aaaaah brother, they are not just african tribes, for ppls like me they are humans, and for ppls like U, they are muslims, same muslims like in iraq, palastine, and kashmir.

May ALLAH show u the right path brother, I will definetely pray for U.

Thanks.

blunderbus
03-26-2006, 06:50 PM
What should be done in Darfur? If it aint genocide it's pretty darn close. Since this conflict is Muslim on Muslim, doesn't the Islamic world would have a responsibility to do something about it. I would think they would want to.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
north_malaysian
03-27-2006, 03:55 AM
Sudanese Arabs are Arabized Black African, Darfuris are UnArabized Black Africans and both are Sunni Muslims. The reason why this holocaust happens has nothing to do with Islam, it's politic. I hope those Janjaweed be dead and go to hell!:offended:

blunderbus
03-27-2006, 05:57 PM
If the Islamic world is unwilling or unable to intervene in Darfur would they (or the posters on this board) support another country or organization intervening? U.S., UK., U.N.,E.U., NATO ? If you don't approve of these what others would you suggest?

Or should the situation be allowed to play itself out without outside interference?

HeiGou
03-27-2006, 06:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by blunderbus
If the Islamic world is unwilling or unable to intervene in Darfur would they (or the posters on this board) support another country or organization intervening? U.S., UK., U.N.,E.U., NATO ? If you don't approve of these what others would you suggest?

Or should the situation be allowed to play itself out without outside interference?
Perhaps we can have a poll?

What will happen is that the situation will run its course without much in the way of significant interference except the threat of sanctions. No one has the stomach for intervention now.

blunderbus
03-27-2006, 06:15 PM
Why does the Moslem world seem so unconcerned with this situation? I am aware of no large scale demonstrations outside of Sudanese embassies, such as the ones that took place against the Danes.

north_malaysian
03-28-2006, 01:43 AM
I never see Muslims worldwide defends Black Muslims in Darfur, Cote D'Ivoire, Liberia, Sierra Leone. I dont know why? Maybe because they're black?:offended:

Hashim_507
03-28-2006, 02:26 AM
Arab nations are behind it, specially arab leageu is not concern about it.

Hashim_507
03-28-2006, 02:28 AM
There should be meeting for muslim nations to discussed this situation before muslim nations devided.

Islamicboy
03-28-2006, 03:14 AM
Its evil how muslims totally ignore this and if someone were to bring sudan and dafur crisis up the muslim person would get pissed off. its just sad that i thought as we go into future people would except everyone doesnt matter who and what race they are but yet there are soo many people who are simply racist. the soo called arab tribe that is killing the dafur people are black muslims themselves thats what shocks me. We cannot just sit back and excuse every single arab for this either not all the arabs are like that. As far as america comes i think if america went into dafur they will kill alot of people. Its better to give arms to the dafur people and let them bring down the evil government. There are some muslims who say dafur people are christian as there defence well does that still give anybody the right to kill them. Muslims are taught to stay with justice even if it means to go agiasnt yourself..

Malsidabym
03-28-2006, 03:26 AM
I am happy to see some response on this topic that includes some real sentiment for the people that are suffering in Darfur. I raised this subject in the past, but I suppose because I am not a muslim I have no right in some members eyes to mention it. I was treated rudely (which is ok I am getting used to it), but that is not what bothered me, what did bother me was the outright denial of the situation.
So it is nice to see that some people do have a heart, and are concerned about the people suffering in Darfur. "So what now?" people ask. "What can I do?" Well, one small thing you can do is sign an online petition. Or bring it up at school or work. Bring it to people's attention. The big problem is lack of public attention. If you can raise awareness perhaps it will spread, and then pressure can be put on people to act.

Malsidabym
03-28-2006, 01:05 PM
Its evil how muslims totally ignore this and if someone were to bring sudan and dafur crisis up the muslim person would get pissed off.
I just don't get it either brother. But a few are coming around, slowly...

blunderbus
03-28-2006, 06:13 PM
I have an idea. It's just a theory and I would appreciate the opinion of people on this forum.

Darfur doesn't seem to get the attention of Muslims the way that Palestine, Iraq, Chechnya and Kasmir do. The only difference I can tell is that the people dishing out the misery in Darfur are Muslims themselves. If the Janjaweed were some other religion than Muslim I suspect the Muslim world would be more interested.

Possibly an honor thing? The honor of Islam is not impinged by a Muslim being treated badly by another Muslim no matter how bad that treatment?
That's the only thing I can come up with to explain the difference other than race.

I'm asking.

north_malaysian
03-29-2006, 03:36 AM
I have an idea. It's just a theory and I would appreciate the opinion of people on this forum.

Darfur doesn't seem to get the attention of Muslims the way that Palestine, Iraq, Chechnya and Kasmir do. The only difference I can tell is that the people dishing out the misery in Darfur are Muslims themselves. If the Janjaweed were some other religion than Muslim I suspect the Muslim world would be more interested.

Possibly an honor thing? The honor of Islam is not impinged by a Muslim being treated badly by another Muslim no matter how bad that treatment?
That's the only thing I can come up with to explain the difference other than race.

I'm asking.
Muslims killed in Myanmar by Buddhists, no Muslims respond to it too. I hope all Muslim nations called back their ambassadors from Myanmar including my country, Malaysia.

HeiGou
03-29-2006, 08:18 AM
I think it is a hang-over from colonial days. Everyone knows only Westerners do bad things and anything that is done to them or against them in return is totally justifiable. So all Third World countries have an implicit agreement that they will only engage is self-righteous denounciations of the West and leave each other to get on with whatever it is they are doing to whoever they want. So it is alright if non-Europeans torture and murder Muslims, even if they are not Muslims, as long as Westerners are not doing it. Myself I think the only way that Dafur is going to get any airtime in the Muslim world is if Halliburton signs an oil contract with the Sudanese government.

north_malaysian
03-29-2006, 08:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by HeiGou
I think it is a hang-over from colonial days. Everyone knows only Westerners do bad things and anything that is done to them or against them in return is totally justifiable. So all Third World countries have an implicit agreement that they will only engage is self-righteous denounciations of the West and leave each other to get on with whatever it is they are doing to whoever they want. So it is alright if non-Europeans torture and murder Muslims, even if they are not Muslims, as long as Westerners are not doing it. Myself I think the only way that Dafur is going to get any airtime in the Muslim world is if Halliburton signs an oil contract with the Sudanese government.
They have oil in Sudan?:rollseyes

HeiGou
03-29-2006, 08:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
They have oil in Sudan?:rollseyes
Not much is known but potentially a lot. One of the reasons nothing gets done is China, which owns a lot of contracts with Sudan because the West won't touch them, is supposed to threaten to veto any UN resolution. I don't know if that is true or just the Americans saying it is so.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.