/* */

PDA

View Full Version : arabic or hebrew?

Malsidabym
03-26-2006, 09:50 PM
Is this a hebrew or arabic newspaper?Attachment 1076:?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
abdul Majid
03-26-2006, 09:54 PM
i think its arabic brother, maybe if you can expand it some how?

Malsidabym
03-26-2006, 09:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdul Majid
i think its arabic brother, maybe if you can expand it some how?
I think if you click on it with your mouse it should expand...

snakelegs
03-26-2006, 09:55 PM
i think it is arabic - though it could be one of the other languages that use arabic script.
in any case, it is definitely not hebrew.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Malsidabym
03-26-2006, 09:57 PM
Can anyone read it? Perhaps to see where it is from?

abdul Majid
03-26-2006, 09:57 PM
ok yea thats like an arabic , inquirer...lol

Malsidabym
03-26-2006, 09:58 PM
Any idea where from?

abdul Majid
03-26-2006, 09:58 PM
nope not sure, sorry...

azim
03-26-2006, 10:02 PM
I don't think it's a normal newspaper. That headline is something about the Quran in Israel. It mentions Moses and Egypt I think. I can't work out what its saying exactly though, but its definately Arabic.

Cheb
03-26-2006, 10:04 PM
Ya Arabic. I think it may be from Syria or Egypt.

snakelegs
03-26-2006, 10:10 PM
can't tell where it's from. i can only read "quran" and "israel" (in the big headline)

Malsidabym
03-26-2006, 10:13 PM
Anyway, I edited out a part of the page out of respect for the muslim members, but it clearly had one of the infamous cartoons on the page. I don't know what to think about this.

abdul Majid
03-26-2006, 10:16 PM
thanks mal

Malsidabym
03-26-2006, 10:30 PM
Wasn't it kind of stupid to print this in what must have been a majority muslim population area and/or country? Wouldn't the people burn the offices to the ground? And why didn't we hear about it?

abdul Majid
03-26-2006, 10:34 PM
i would like to know who the publisher and editor were, before saying anything, you know what i mean...

and for the record, when the cartoons were published in denmark, they muslims acted civil and protested, but when the danish government ignored them, then other country's got involved and got angry...

so no just becuase the didnt burn it to the ground doesnt mean anything, thats not islamic behavior ...

Malsidabym
03-26-2006, 10:36 PM
i would like to know who the publisher and editor were, before saying anything, you know what i mean...

and for the record, when the cartoons were published in denmark, they muslims acted civil and protested, but when the danish government ignored them, then other country's got involved and got angry...
Very responsible of you, unfortunately I don't have the publisher editor. I will try to remember/find where I got this, and post it for you.

abdul Majid
03-26-2006, 10:37 PM
thanks mal

itsme01
03-26-2006, 10:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malsidabym
Very responsible of you, unfortunately I don't have the publisher editor. I will try to remember/find where I got this, and post it for you.
If i recall, that is most likely to be Jordanian newspaper that published. The editor was fired.

(btw: i dont think this topic needs to be re-ignited, as enough has been said)

Malsidabym
03-26-2006, 10:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by itsme01
If i recall, that is most likely to be Jordanian newspaper that published. The editor was fired.

(btw: i dont think this topic needs to be re-ignited, as enough has been said)
Sorry itsme01, I am not trying to bring up an old topic, believe me I had enough of it the first four weeks. This is not really about that topic so much. I am just curious about why an arabic paper would print it, I mean they should know better than any that it should not be printed. And also I am curious about why there was so much uproar when a european paper printed it but I don't recall hearing anything about an uproar when an arabic paper printed it.

itsme01
03-26-2006, 11:03 PM
Sorry itsme01, I am not trying to bring up an old topic, believe me I had enough of it the first four weeks. This is not really about that topic so much. I am just curious about why an arabic paper would print it, I mean they should know better than any that it should not be printed. And also I am curious about why there was so much uproar when a european paper printed it but I don't recall hearing anything about an uproar when an arabic paper printed it.
The difference is, when it got printed in Jordan, the editor was fired immidiately - he apologised, rest is history.

Malsidabym
03-26-2006, 11:30 PM
AS Abdul was saying, we don't really know at this point what newspaper it was from. So you and I are speaking about what might be, best to clarify where this was from first.
Peace.

north_malaysian
03-27-2006, 04:05 AM
The words written in white an red (I think it's the headline)

"Qur'an Jadid fi Israel" (Translation: New Koran in Israel)

Cheb
03-27-2006, 06:07 AM
AS Abdul was saying, we don't really know at this point what newspaper it was from. So you and I are speaking about what might be, best to clarify where this was from first.
Peace.
The Jordanian Newspaper was the only one in the Arab countries to print the cartoons. So it is most likely from there. And it wasnt forgotten. I heard about this incident the same day and I believe he was fired shortly after.

amirah_87
03-30-2006, 10:53 PM
salaams bruv ,definetly arabic:):) i think its from syria maybe not but on one of the head lines it mentions it ,

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.