/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Just Black Stone, eh! (Mecca)

R_Mujahed
03-28-2006, 02:48 PM
Aslamualikum Warahmatu ALLAH Wabarakatoh

3/9/2006 Clip No. 1085 http://www.memritv.com

Dr. Abd Al-Basset Al-Sayyid of the Egyptian National Research Center: British Research Proves Holy Stone of Ka'ba to be a Semi-Conductor from Outer Space

Following are excerpts from an interview by Abd Al-Baset Sayyid from the Egyptian National Research Center, aired on Al-Risala TV, on March 9, 2006.

Abd Al-Baset Sayyid: The British Museum announced that it possessed three pieces of the black stone [of Mecca]. It declares that these pieces prove that the black stone is not from our solar system.

[...]

They brought an Englishman, with white hair and a red face.

This man wasn't a Muslim, but he went into the Ka'ba, and started circling it, until he had an opportunity. The stone did not have a metal frame at the time. He took a diamond and cut off three pieces.

Then he went from Mecca to Jedda, and in Jedda, he found refuge in the Australian embassy, where he was welcomed as a hero. An Australian ship took him to the UK, in London. There, he brought the stones to the British Museum, and they began to study them. What was their intention? To prove that this is a plain stone, from Earth. This would mean that the stone kissed by Muslims is a regular stone.

Interviewer: They wanted to accuse us of...

Abd Al-Baset Sayyid: But the analysis showed otherwise.

Interviewer: What did they find?

Abd Al-Baset Sayyid: They discovered that the stone was a type of semi-conductor. Semi-conductors led to the development of electronics. Take a large radio - a radio this size. How? Instead of the light bulb we used to put inside the radio, they began to make them as small as a crystal this size.

[...]

Karnar from NASA took one piece of the stone from the British Museum. He charged it with a million telephone wires, yet the stone withstood it. He charged it with 100 million telephone wires, yet the stone withstood it. This piece of stone was the size of a chickpea. He found that this stone emits invisible radiation. He found that a stone the size of a chickpea emits 100 rays. Each ray can pass through 10,000 people.

Waslamualikum Warahmatu ALLAH Wabarakatoh

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
03-28-2006, 02:54 PM
This man wasn't a Muslim, but he went into the Ka'ba, and started circling it, until he had an opportunity.
So now they have found a way have they?

The stone did not have a metal frame at the time. He took a diamond and cut off three pieces.
How absurd to do something to a holy stone.

he found refuge in the Australian embassy, where he was welcomed as a hero.
You would think that wouldn't you.

Each ray can pass through 10,000 people.
Subhanallah.

MetSudaisTwice
03-28-2006, 02:57 PM
salam
subhanallah
jazakallah for posting
wasalam

R_Mujahed
03-28-2006, 03:02 PM
Sister I have checked it and it works fine... try it again! http://www.memritv.com

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
HeiGou
03-28-2006, 03:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by R_Mujahed
Abd Al-Baset Sayyid: The British Museum announced that it possessed three pieces of the black stone [of Mecca]. It declares that these pieces prove that the black stone is not from our solar system.
It would be extremely unusual for the British Museum to admit any such thing unless it was collected a long time ago. Even then. The BM has a policy of returning religious artefacts so why hasn't the Saudi government or the OIC demanded the return of these pieces?

And it has always been claimed by Western scholars that the Black Stone is likely to be a meteorite.

This man wasn't a Muslim, but he went into the Ka'ba, and started circling it, until he had an opportunity. The stone did not have a metal frame at the time. He took a diamond and cut off three pieces.
Diamond does not cut stone well. A geologist's hammer would do. But how did a non-Muslim make it into Mecca at all much less into the mosque around the Kaba much less into the Kaba much less was able to smash it without anyone noticing?

Then he went from Mecca to Jedda, and in Jedda, he found refuge in the Australian embassy, where he was welcomed as a hero.
There's an Australian embassy in Jedda? Are you sure?

To prove that this is a plain stone, from Earth. This would mean that the stone kissed by Muslims is a regular stone.
Except it is known that ancient Syriac peoples often worshipped meteorites. If they wanted to defame Muslims why wouldn't they just point that out (as in fact they often do)?

Karnar from NASA took one piece of the stone from the British Museum. He charged it with a million telephone wires, yet the stone withstood it. He charged it with 100 million telephone wires, yet the stone withstood it. This piece of stone was the size of a chickpea. He found that this stone emits invisible radiation. He found that a stone the size of a chickpea emits 100 rays. Each ray can pass through 10,000 people.
Uh Huh.

Black Stone
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Black Stone (called الحجر الأسود al-Hajar-ul-Aswad in Arabic) is an Islamic holy relic. It is one of the cornerstones of the Kaaba, the ancient stone building towards which all Muslims pray. The Kaaba is located in Mecca, Saudi Arabia, where it is surrounded by the enormous Masjid al-Haram, the Grand Mosque.

The Black Stone is comparatively small, being roughly 50 cm (19.7 in.) in diameter. However, it can be recognized instantly by the large silver band that surrounds it.

When pilgrims circle the Kaaba as part of the ritual of the Hajj, many of them try, if possible, to stop and kiss the Black Stone.

The Stone is actually broken into several pieces, damage which occurred when the stone was stolen in 930. Ismaili (Qarmatian) warriors sacked Mecca and carried the Black Stone away. It was returned twenty-two years later. In the process, the Black Stone was cracked. It is now held together by the silver band, which is fastened by silver nails to the Stone.
Contents
[hide]

* 1 Significance of the Black Stone
* 2 The Black Stone's origin
* 3 Notes
* 4 External links

[edit]

Significance of the Black Stone

There are various opinions as to the status and meaning of the Black Stone.

Many Muslims regard the Stone as 'just a stone'. When Umar ibn al-Khattab, the second Caliph, came to kiss the stone, he said, in front of all assembled: "No doubt, I know that you are a stone and can neither harm anyone nor benefit anyone. Had I not seen Allah's Messenger kissing you, I would not have kissed you."[1] Many Muslims follow Umar: they pay their respects to the Black Stone in a spirit of trust in Muhammad, not with any belief in the Black Stone itself.

Some say that the stone is best considered as a 'marker', useful in keeping count of the ritual circumambulations one has performed (tawaf).

Other Muslims are more willing to believe that the Stone itself has some supernatural powers. They believe that it fell from the sky during the time of Adam and Eve, and that it has the power to cleanse worshippers of their sins by absorbing them into itself. They say that the Black Stone was once a pure and dazzling white; it has turned black because of the sins it has absorbed over the years.

Still others believe that the stone can only erase the believer's minor sins. On the Day of Judgement, the Stone will testify before God (Allah) in favor of those who kissed it.

These last could perhaps be regarded as folk beliefs, not necessarily shared by all Muslims. It is unclear how widely they are held.

The Stone was an object of veneration in pre-Islamic days. Early chroniclers say that the Kaaba was rebuilt during Muhammad's youth, and that there was some contention among the Quraysh, Mecca's ruling clan, as to who should have the honor of raising the Black Stone to its place in the new structure. Muhammad is said to have suggested that the Stone be placed on a cloak and that the various clan heads jointly lift the cloak and put the Stone into place. Secular historians see this tale as a later glorification of Muhammad, but agree that it accurately represents the pre-Islamic status of the Black Stone.

[edit]

The Black Stone's origin

Just as there are various viewpoints regarding the religious significance of the Stone, there are also various opinions as to the history and nature of the Stone.

Muslims say that the Stone was found by Abraham (Ibrahim) and his son Ishmael (Ismail) when they were searching for stones with which to build the Kaaba. They recognized its worth and made it one of the building's cornerstones.

Secular historians point to the history of stone worship, and especially meteorite worship, in pre-Islamic Arabia, and say that it is likely that the Stone is a meteorite. There is no way to test this hypothesis without removing and examining the Stone, which would not be permitted by its guardians.

------
03-28-2006, 03:22 PM
They say that the Black Stone was once a pure and dazzling white; it has turned black because of the sins it has absorbed over the years.

Still others believe that the stone can only erase the believer's minor sins. On the Day of Judgement, the Stone will testify before God (Allah) in favor of those who kissed it.
Yep. We (muslims) believe that it has turned black from sins and will testify before God.

The Black stone itself is from Heaven.

Hadhrat Aabis Bin Rabeeah (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that once Hadhrat Umar (Allah be pleased with him) after kissing Hajr-e-Aswad (the Black Stone) said: "I know you are a stone. You can neither benefit me nor harm anyone. If I did not see Muhammad (peace be upon him) kissing you, I would not have kissed you." (Abu Dawud). - HADITH

HeiGou
03-28-2006, 03:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pagal Kuri
Yep. We (muslims) believe that it has turned black from sins and will testify before God.

The Black stone itself is from Heaven.

Hadhrat Aabis Bin Rabeeah (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that once Hadhrat Umar (Allah be pleased with him) after kissing Hajr-e-Aswad (the Black Stone) said: "I know you are a stone. You can neither benefit me nor harm anyone. If I did not see Muhammad (peace be upon him) kissing you, I would not have kissed you." (Abu Dawud). - HADITH
Wow. You still read my posts. This is the problem with an Encyclopedia anyone can edit.

akulion
03-28-2006, 03:25 PM
The Black Stone of the Kaaba

The most famous sacred meteorite is the Black Stone of the Kaaba. The Kaaba is a cubical building in Mecca toward which Moslems pray five times daily. The Black Stone, set in the northeastern outside corner of the Kaaba, is considered to be the most sacred treasure of Islam.

The Kaaba also served as a center of worship for pre-Islamic Arabs and was reputed to contain 360 idols. In 630 the triumphant prophet Mohammed returned to Mecca and cleansed the temple of the idols after honoring the Black Stone. The heretical Qarmatian sect stole the stone in 930, but it was recovered 21 years later with positive identification provided by the stone's ability to float on water. In 1050 a mad Egyptian caliph sent a man to destroy the relic. The Kaaba was twice burned down and was flooded in 1626. During these trials the original stone was broken up into about 15 pieces. It was finally set in cement surrounded by a silver frame.

In the middle of Mecca's Grand Mosque is the black, cubic shrine of the Kaaba, the "House of God," which was said to have been built by Abraham (Ibrahim). On one corner of the Kaaba is the Black Stone, which is believed to be of meteoric origin. The exposed surface of the stone is roughly 6½ by 8 inches and is framed with a silver band. Here pilgrims can touch and kiss the Black Stone. Some suggest that the object is not really a meteorite but may be impact glass, perhaps from the meteor craters at Wabar, 670 miles east of Mecca. Courtesy Peter Sanders Photography.

Source Site

------
03-28-2006, 03:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HeiGou
Wow. You still read my posts. This is the problem with an Encyclopedia anyone can edit.
I got it from a Hadith. Not from an encyclopeadia.

HeiGou
03-28-2006, 03:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pagal Kuri
I got it from a Hadith. Not from an encyclopeadia.
The problem with my post. Not your post.

------
03-28-2006, 03:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HeiGou
The problem with my post. Not your post.
Oh Ok. Sorry. Misunderstood. :)

akulion
03-28-2006, 03:32 PM
It is BELIEVED to be a meteor

However it has not been verified through scientific methods best to my knowledge

HeiGou
03-28-2006, 04:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by akulion
It is BELIEVED to be a meteor

However it has not been verified through scientific methods best to my knowledge
I suspect that it is hard to test it considering what and where it is.

Congratulations on the GMAT score! Way to go. If you don't mind me asking, where are you off to study?

The Ruler
03-28-2006, 04:42 PM
subhan'allah :happy:...:thumbs_up

:w:

Abu Zakariya
03-28-2006, 04:50 PM
If I recall it well, I read that when Abraham was bulding the Ka'bah and had to find something to serve as a mark (so the people doing tawaf around the Ka'bah could keep count), Gabriel brought it down to him.

We don't worship the stone.

north_malaysian
03-29-2006, 03:45 AM
Black stone symbolise the unity of present day Muslims with their forefathers and the prophet. The same stone kissed by prophet Muhammad, thus Muslims feel attached to their prophet by kissing it too. :statisfie

akulion
03-29-2006, 09:29 AM
I was doing research on the black stone after this topic got started and I was shocked to find some of the theories flying out there about it!

- Some Hindus claim it is part of Shiva (one of their Gods an Idol)

- Some Christians & Jews claim this is a meteor which fell from the skies and the 'pagan' muslims started to worship it

- Some Christians believe it is Islam's most valuable treasure and if someone was to steal or destroy it, this would prove Islam false

It was sad to note that there were 4 pages full of hate against Islam and the Kabah in my google search.

However some nice interesting articles came up as well, one about "famous rocks" which said that the Kabah stone is the most loved stone in the world because so many people kiss it.

Another article said it is the happiest stone in the world for the same reason :D lol

Some were suggesting it is a meteor which crashed in Arabia (the creater still exists)

But over all I was unable to get any solid articles which can be quoted as being facts.

Heigou thanks for the congrats..I'll be going to either Dalhousie or St Mary's

------
03-29-2006, 09:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Black stone symbolise the unity of present day Muslims with their forefathers and the prophet. The same stone kissed by prophet Muhammad, thus Muslims feel attached to their prophet by kissing it too. :statisfie
'Umar bin Al-Khattab's Hadith, may Allah be pleased with him. It is reported:
'Umar bin Al-Khattab, may Allah be pleased with him, kissed the (Black) Stone and then said: By Allah, I know that you are a stone and if I had not seen Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) kissing you, I would not have kissed you.

Sahih Muslim : Number 2228

------
03-29-2006, 09:32 AM
Some Christians believe it is Islam's most valuable treasure and if someone was to steal or destroy it, this would prove Islam false.
It says in the Qur'an:

"They desire to put out the light of Allah with their mouths but Allah will perfect His light, though the unbelievers may be averse."

Qur'an, Surah 64, Verse 8

HeiGou
03-29-2006, 09:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by akulion
Heigou thanks for the congrats..I'll be going to either Dalhousie or St Mary's
Well it was a very impressive result. Both in Halifax? You like cold, damp, isolated, dark port cities in the middle of nowhere?

nimrod
03-30-2006, 03:31 AM
Akulion, first let me say I hope your studies go well.

The stone floats?

I would like to see that proved. I would wager a considerable amount against the stone floating.

Thanks
Nimrod

Bittersteel
03-30-2006, 03:41 AM
err..where did you get floating from?as far as I can see he said nothing about floating.

north_malaysian
03-30-2006, 03:54 AM
The floating stone is in Masjid Umar (Dome of Rock), Jerusalem.

Joe98
03-30-2006, 03:56 AM
Does anybody have a photo of the black stone?

anis_z24
03-30-2006, 03:59 AM
Salam
Allahu Akbar*!!!

Imagine what can be discovered through this discovery.
I have a question though; how was anyone able to do that. Weren't there any guards.?

nimrod
03-30-2006, 11:42 AM
From Akulion's post on page one:

21 years later with positive identification provided by the stone's ability to float on water.

Thanks
Nimrod

akulion
03-30-2006, 11:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98
Does anybody have a photo of the black stone?
here is one

It is located inside a silver frame to keep it together since it got fragmented

i_m_tipu
03-30-2006, 12:03 PM
subahanAllaah
may Allaah grant me to touch it
may Allaah grant me to kiss it what the prophet kissed
amen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.