/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Death Penalty

POBook
01-08-2006, 05:18 PM
Hello Ansar Al'-Adl,

I appreciate what you are saying in regard to apostasy and it's historical context. Why, however, are many Muslims themselves afraid, very afraid of converting to Christianity? If my child, before becoming a true believer in Jesus Christ, decided to go the way of Islam, naturally I would be concerned. However, I would continue to love my child. She would always be a part of my family.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Andaraawus
01-08-2006, 05:48 PM
As-Salamau alaykum

My brother ,... i guess you are Christian , and i have nothing against you .... but it is the fact that Christianity have lost its touch with Christ.

Im sorry if that mat offend you but Jesus strongly agreed with capital punishemnt whether it be apostasy , chopping of hands or stoining one to death as it is there written in the law that Jesus has said in the new testatment will not pass.

So the way that Christians think nowdays is tainted with modern ideas of democracy, the right to be free, the right to sin if you want to sin, commit adultery open , even though Christians would condemn this in loud voice day by day moralty amongst what was once a righteous relgion is dissappearing and new ideas are being innovated.

The Christians of old were more guided than the Christians of today if i am not correct? but yet the Christians of old even punished people for apostasy from Christ and even burned heretics at the stake.

It is not the case as time moves foward people in general are better thinkers than that of nations before. this is a misconception and it would shock all of us to know how advanced civilisations before us were.

I am not trying to be self righteous as a Muslim by saying all of this , the Muslims to have declined over the many years but the best of the Muslims were those closest to the Prophets time.

I apologise if i have said anything to offend you ....

:w:

POBook
01-08-2006, 06:13 PM
Hello Andaraawus,

I really appreciate what you had to say. Yes, I am a devout follower of Jesus Christ. Unfortunately I've often heard people say that Christians are hypocrites--and often they are right. There is a saying that says Christians are the only ones who kill their wounded. Obviously this is not taught in the Bible. I also try to point out to people that their is a religion of Christianity--and that's all it is--a religion; a name and nothing more. This is not true Christianity by Biblical defintion. True Christianity is involves an undevided and unconditional devotion to and relationship with GOD through Jesus Christ.
Im sorry if that mat offend you but Jesus strongly agreed with capital punishemnt whether it be apostasy , chopping of hands or stoining one to death as it is there written in the law that Jesus has said in the new testatment will not pass.
This is what Jesus said:
Mat 5:38 "You have heard that it was said, An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.
Mat 5:39 But I tell you, don't resist an evildoer. On the contrary, if anyone slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.
Mat 5:40 As for the one who wants to sue you and take away your shirt, let him have your coat as well.
Mat 5:41 And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two.
Mat 5:42 Give to the one who asks you, and don't turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.
Mat 5:43 "You have heard that it was said, Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.
Mat 5:44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
Mat 5:45 so that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. For He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.
Mat 5:46 For if you love those who love you, what reward will you have? Don't even the tax collectors do the same?
Mat 5:47 And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing out of the ordinary? Don't even the Gentiles do the same?
Mat 5:48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

Jesus Christ is about love, forgivness, and atonement.

Muslims to have declined over the many years but the best of the Muslims were those closest to the Prophets time
Anybody, be they Jews, Muslims, Christians, or anyone else who rely on a law approach of trying to get to GOD through a "good deeds" approach are going to decline. It is human nature to fall away from GOD. This why, as a true follower of Jesus Christ, I humbly accept my sinful nature, confess to GOD that by nature I'm on the decline, and simply accept His wonderful gift of salvation. I don't have to strive for it. I don't have to outweigh evil with good. I could never match His expectations. But I can--and have--accepted His gift of love for me.

Thank you for your honesty. You have not offended me in any way. I appreciate your openness and willingness to dialogue.

Peace:)

Andaraawus
01-08-2006, 06:30 PM
We find in the ‘New Testament’ in the book of John chapter 8 that the Jews bring a woman to Jesus who they had accused of the grave crime of adultery. Take note that the Jews stated that Prophet Moses in the law (torah) commanded that such a person should be stoned (John 8:verse:5) In which Leviticus 20:10 lays down this Mosaic law that those who commit adultery are to be put to death. Even though stoning is not mentioned the statement of the Jews gives strong indication of how the Jews understood their Scripture.

Jesus knowing the nature of the Jews starts scribbling on the ground, the question is what was he scribbling on the ground?

Jesus told the Jews ‘he that is without sin cast the first stone’ addressing the witnesses due to the fact that Mosaic Law commands the witnesses to cast the first stone (Deuteronomy 17:7) verses 5 and 6 with this context also show the punishment is to be stoned to death and also gives strong indication of how Jesus understood the laws of Moses. Notice how Jesus never objected to how the Jews interpreted the Scripture.

Jesus started scribbling on the ground once more only to find when he looked back up all the Jews had disappeared due to their ‘being convicted by their own conscience’ (John 8 verse 9)

Jesus elsewhere in the Bible called the Jews ‘ye wicked and adulterous generation (Matthew 12:39) it could have been that Jesus was scribbling the names of those guilty of adultery in the sand and when the Jews saw their names they became ‘convicted by their own conscience’ as verse 9 of John Chapter 8 suggests.

However the woman was left standing there all alone with no Jews to convict her.. Jesus asked her ‘ where are those that accuse you?’ (John 8 Verse 10)Had it been that just two of them had stayed she would have been stoned to death.

So we see it could not have been an act of mercy when Jesus said to her ‘go and sin no more’ but rather he was following Mosaic Law which lays down the condition of two witnesses seeing the act of adultery for the guilty party to be stoned for it says in Deuteronomy 17:6 ‘at the mouth of two witnesses shall they who is worthy of death be put to death but at the mouth of one witness they shall not be put to death’.

Islamic Law is very similar to Mosaic Law in this regard but yet whilst the Bible commands there be two witnesses for the death penalty to be carried out the God of the Qur’an demands there be four witnesses (4:15)

However if a woman is falsely accused or even if the accuser fails to produce four witnesses against her then according to Islamic law the accuser is flogged with eighty stripes (24:4)

Jesus clearly indicated that he had not come to abrogate the Law of Moses when he said in Matthew Chapter 5 verses 17 - 18

Think not I have come to destroy the law, or the Prophets, I have not come to destroy but uphold for verily I say unto you, till heaven and earth pass, one jot ( yod - the smallest Hebrew letter) or one title shall in no wise pass from the law. Meaning no Mosaic law shall be abrogated until the heavens and the earth is no more.

So clearly Jesus agreed with the killing of apostates and even says himself when he was narrating a parable ‘but those mine enemies which not that I should rule over bring them in front of me and kill them’ (Luke 19:27). The law of Moses commands the killing of apostates even if it is your own family member (Deuteronomy 13:6-9)

Jesus agreed with the stoning of the adulterer , keeping in mind that Jesus did order them to stone the adulteress, but the Jews cowered of after they seen him scribbling in the sand.

Jesus agreed with circumcision: We find that it was an everlasting covenant between God and man as outlined in Genesis chapter 17 and those who were to break the covenant were to be cut off – meaning killed! We even find that Jesus was circumcised (Luke 2:21) but yet we find Paul abrogating circumcision (Galatians 5:2 and Acts 15:1) in which he had no right to do reason being it was an everlasting covenant, and God does not break His convenants.

Jesus forbade the eating of swine as the law of Moses clearly forbids the eating of swine (Leviticus 11:7-8 and Deuteronomy 14:8) but yet humans seem to think they have some divine right to abrogate the law that Jesus came to uphold, what makes common people better than Jesus?

Paul and his followers should have heeded the warning of Jesus when he said ‘not one jot or title shall in no wise pass from the Law’ and the following verse after this:

Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say unto you, that except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 5:19:20)

Jesus relates a parable to the Jews in which he concludes that the kingdom of God will be taken away from the Jews and given to another nation (Matthew 21:33-43)

The fact that Jesus states that the Jews had the Kingdom of God implicates the Law in which they had, but yet when we look at the Christians they don’t seem to have the Kingdom of God (the law) that the Jews had but if we examine the Islamic Law you will see a striking resemblance, therefore one must question himself as to which nation did God give his Kingdom to?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Andaraawus
01-08-2006, 06:48 PM
peace ...you posted as i was just preparing the post above

Appreciate what you say, about sins and love and all of that ....

Islam does not teach to be self righteous and it definately doesnt teach a deeds based faith, it promotes faith and good deeds, but still one person do do one good deed and a million bad deeds and still eneter the garden by his faith depending on his sincerity in his repentance to his Lord.

I also understand that you may call God the father and liken His love for His creation like a fathers love but in Islam you can have an even deeper personal relationship with God .

the Holy Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him said

Allah divided Mercy into one-hundred parts and He kept its ninety-nine parts with Him and sent down its one part on the earth, and because of that, its one single part, His creations are Merciful to each other, so that even the mare lifts up its hoofs away from its baby animal, lest it should trample on it. (Sahih Bukhari 8:29)

the most merciful creature is a mother to its ofspring, which is a far greater connection than a son and father relationship, in Islam Allah is more loving than a mother to its child.

One thing i like about the Christians is their love for God but i dont like their abandonment of the Law of God.

One thing i like about the Jews is their following of the Law of God but they have abandoned the Love of God.

with Muslims they love God and follow His Law and God loves them , especially those who repent for their sins (Quran 2:222)

thanks for your dialouge to and your welcome ... peace

POBook
01-09-2006, 10:20 AM
Hello Andaraawus,

Again, I appreciate your feedback. I can tell you are well versed in the Scriptures and the Qu’ran.

“With Muslims they love God and follow His Law and God loves them , especially those who repent for their sins.”
I think this is one of the differences between Islam and Christianity. In Islam, GOD is understood to love those who follow His law; those who are righteous; those who repent for their sins. In Christianity, GOD loves the prostitute and the tax collector; He loves the sinner and the unrighteous—so much does He love them, that He came to this earth to pay the penalty for their transgression of the law.

To say “especially those who repent for their sins”, is that not the same as saying GOD has favorites; that GOD loves certain people more than others?

Peace

POBook
01-09-2006, 10:36 AM
Hello again Andaraawus,

This response is quite long. Thank you again for your dialogue.

“Take note that the Jews stated that Prophet Moses in the law (torah) commanded that such a person should be stoned (John 8:verse:5) In which Leviticus 20:10 lays down this Mosaic law that those who commit adultery are to be put to death.”
Yes, I agree with you. I also think it is important to note why these men brought this women to Jesus. John 8:6 says, “They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing Him (Jesus). One of the first questions that comes to my mind, is if Jesus was fulfilling the laws and promoting the laws as they were given, then why would these Pharisees and teachers of the law try to trap Him? No, Jesus did not come to break the law. However, Jesus did come to do more than simply keep the law; He came to fulfill the law (Matthew 5:17). There was more to the law than these people understood, and what Jesus was trying to teach them, they did not like.

“Notice how Jesus never objected to how the Jews interpreted the Scripture.”
You are exactly right. But think again about this: Jesus must have been seeing more to life and its issues than the law addressed. The law addressed sins that people committed. People who were in authority and implementing the law, were people failing to see their own sinful nature as people. This situation is a great example of Jesus’ understanding of sin. Did these Pharisees and teachers of the law commit any sins worse than this prostitute? We don’t know, by human understanding and human laws. But in the eyes of Jesus, sin was sin, be it prostitution or a judgmental spirit. Jesus did not have this scale that weighed sins. Jesus was looking into the depths of people’s hearts and seeing the sinful nature of ALL people. When He pointed this out to these people, they obviously understood what He was saying. All of them, including this prostitute, had sinned in some way or another.

“So we see it could not have been an act of mercy when Jesus said to her ‘go and sin no more’…”
I think it’s also important to see the first part of this statement “go and sin no more” in John 8:11. Jesus said, “Then neither do I condemn you.” What gave Jesus the right to either condemn this woman or not condemn her? From where or whom did He get His authority to make a decision about her fate relative to her lifestyle?

“Jesus agreed with the stoning of the adulterer…”
Yes He did. However, if she was to be stoned, then everyone else needed to be punished for their sins. What gave Jesus the right and the authority to confront these people concerning their sins? Either He was contradicting Himself by telling them to NOT to do something He was in the act of doing (judging people). Or, He was more than another human being. Jesus was wanting people to see and understand that there was more to life than these laws. There was a higher standard of living than the law implemented.

Concerning Matthew 5:17-18: Yes, I agree with you concerning the issue of the law. Jesus made it very clear in Matthew 5:17:
“Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.”
My first question is, why did Jesus not say, “I have come to keep the law and the Prophets”? Why did He say, “I have come to fulfill the [law and the Prophets]”? Jesus came to bring people a greater understanding of the law and the Prophets. As a fulfiller of the law and the Prophets, Jesus was going to keep the “skeleton” of the law that was given and was going to “flesh” this skeleton out. There was more the people needed to understand about the law than they understood at the time. How did Jesus “flesh” out or fulfill this law. Lets look at the next several verses of Scripture. In these Jesus and the law deal with the issues of murder, adultery, divorce, oaths, eye for an eye, and love for enemies. Jesus’ address of each of these issues begins almost exactly the same:

“You have heard that it was said…but…” (5:22-22; 5:27-28; 5:31-32; 5:33-34; 5:38-39 and 5:43-44).

With each of these laws, Jesus was about to make some “modifications”. Concerning the law, “You shall not murder”, Jesus pointed out that anger and despisement of other people was as bad as murder. How could this be? GOD looked at the heart of people. Maybe they did not murder someone physically, thus keeping the law by human standards. However, they harbored hatred in their hearts toward people; they spread false rumors about people. They may not have murdered the body, but they did a good job of killing reputation and personality. Yes, the law was important but there was more to life than this law.

Concerning the law, “Do not commit adultery”, Jesus pointed out that looking at a woman lustfully was adultery. People may not commit adultery physically, thus keeping the law. But many people, particularly men, look at woman and dwell on sex with those women--married women too! In GOD’s eyes, this is adultery. GOD’s standard on the law is perfection in every way—He is the Perfect Creator.

Concerning the law of divorce, Jesus pointed out that there was no valid reason for divorce other than marital infidelity. Once again, men were obviously abusive to their wives and very self-centered about their lives. The wives were there to meet them at their point of need, and if the wives failed, they divorced their wives. Yes, on valid grounds for divorce, the law of issuing a certificate needed to be kept. But there was a whole lot more to this issue of divorce than this simple law addressed.

Concerning the law of oaths, Jesus pointed out that real truth was more important than an oath. It’s easy to make promises and then break them. If a promise is not truly made from the heart, it will be broken. A yes or a no made from the heart will be kept—no promises needed. People tried promoting themselves through oaths and promises that were as shallow as an empty pond.

Concerning the law of an “eye for an eye”, Jesus points out something that almost seems contradictory. He says, “Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also” (5:39). This law of an “eye for an eye” is seen in the Torah—Exodus 21:24; Leviticus 24:20; Deuteronomy 19:21. Law was introduced to make people aware of sin. It was also used to try and “balance” people out. Under this law, people could seek revenge for any little reason—to the point of making the law null and void. Yes, people must pay the price for their sin. However, Jesus tries pointing out to people that there is much more to life than retribution; there is more freedom found outside of retribution. Feeling like you need to pay back people for what they have done can become a huge burden to carry. If I may say as well, that Jesus asked His Father to forgive the people who crucified Him. He could have asked His Father to send them to hell, but he did not. Jesus did not pay back an eye for an eye.

Concerning the law of loving neighbors and hating enemies, Jesus points out once again the reality of the burden this law can become to people. Yes, we have every right to hate people who hate us. But, as Jesus says, even sinful people love one another and hate their enemies. Truly righteous people are different. True righteousness loves the enemy and prays sincerely for the persecutor.

Jesus concludes this whole issue of the Law and the Prophets in 5:48 by saying:

“Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.” We can keep every letter of the law as written and still be imperfect in GOD’s eyes. Jesus fulfilled the law in a way acceptable to GOD, not acceptable to men.

“Jesus agreed with circumcision: We find that it was an everlasting covenant between God and man as outlined in Genesis chapter 17 and those who were to break the covenant were to be cut off – meaning killed! We even find that Jesus was circumcised (Luke 2:21) but yet we find Paul abrogating circumcision (Galatians 5:2 and Acts 15:1) in which he had no right to do reason being it was an everlasting covenant, and God does not break His convenants.”
Yes Jesus agreed with circumcision. However, the Pharisees and the teachers of the law keep this commandment perfectly, and were still condemned by Jesus. Paul did not abrogate circumcision. He was pointing out the same thing that Jesus was pointing out. People were being circumcised, considering themselves to be righteous, and at the same time, condemning other people and judging them for their faults. In Acts 16:3, “Paul wanted to take Timothy along on the journey, so he circumcised him because of the Jews who lived in that area…” Paul did not abrogate circumcision. Neither did he abrogate any other law any more than Jesus “abrogated” the laws in Matthew 5.

“Jesus forbade the eating of swine”
There are two references in the Gospels. One is Matthew 7:6 and the other is Mark 5:11. Neither of these two reflect that swine must not be eaten.

In closing—and thank you for your patience—I realize this has been long. In Exodus 20:8 we read the 4th commandment by GOD to Moses,
“Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it Holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your GOD.”
Now, in Matthew 12:1-2 we read, “At that time, Jesus went through the grain fields on the Sabbath. His disciples were hungry and began to pick some heads of grain and eat them. When the Pharisees saw this, they said to Him, ‘Look! Your disciples are doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath.'” In 12:9 we read, “Going on from that place He went into their synagogue, and a man with a shriveled hand was there. Looking for a reason to accuse Jesus, they asked Him, ‘Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath?’” Jesus went ahead and healed this man. In John 5:16 we read, “So, because Jesus was doing these things on the Sabbath, the Jews persecuted Him.”

This is my final question: Was Jesus Christ a law keeper, a law breaker, or a law fulfiller?

Thank you again for your patience to read this and give it some serious consideration. I look forward to your response:)

Peace to you

Andaraawus
01-10-2006, 12:43 AM
Peace I tend to disagree with what you have put forth concerning Gods love for the following reasons:

Even the Bible is shows that Gods love is conditional in the sense you have to accept the notion that Christ was crucified for the sins of mankind. Accept it or face eternal damnation ‘ he who rejects the son rejects the father – as it says in the Bible.

In Islam we believe in a Merciful God so Merciful that He doesn’t need to send anybody to be sacrificed, infact he can forgive peoples sins when they ask, that’s how easy it is for us.

Now why would God love the tax collectors, when in the Bible we find Jesus losing His temper flipping over tables and calling the Jews vipers broods and hypocrites, if you believe that Jesus is one third of God then I am sure God wouldn’t speak to people like this if He loved them.

According to the Bible He is an evil demonic deity who Sends evil spirits to trouble people (1 Samuel 16:14) even it states he is The creator of evil (Isaiah 45:7) he Gets angry to the point he hisses and roars (Psalms 30:5, Isaiah 42:13, Jeremiah 25:30)

The western Scholar Christian theologians quote from time to time has this to say concerning Yahweh
The God of the Hebrews is, by His own admission, a jealous God. He is sometimes an angry God, a wrathful God.
{A short History of Philosophy by Robert C. Solomon & Kathleen M. Higgins, pg. 107-108} so clearly we see the conradiction between the nature of the God of the new testament and the old.
He coldly murders 50,310 people for looking into a box (1 Samuel 6:19) though modern day Christians are ashamed to admit this so we find some of the modern day Bibles have reduced the number to 70 out of shame. He Commands to kill women and suckling infants and even animals 1 Samuel 15:3 and Commands that women’s hands are to be cut off for defending their husbands (Deuteronomy 25:11)

He does evil unto people and even repents for it (Exodus 32:14,1 Samuel 15:35, Genesis 6:6) so here we have a sinful god who repents, why does he repent and who to? when you have a sinful god who repents then you’re salvation is in jeopardy.

I definitely have a problem that the God of the Bible is a God of Love, care and Mercy who loves everybody and every thing is fine and dandy with roses and flowers and cuddly teddy bears.

There are plenty more evidences, especially proving that Gods love is conditional from the Bible, Islam holds God in the highest respect and we wont find things like God showing His backside to Mose’s (Exodus 33:23)

In Islam we believe God loves but He doesn’t love the sin and will punish a person on account for their sin not because He has a personal grudge.

I would encourage you to look into the Quran more and please don’t be offended by the above, it may come as a shock to you, but rather I want you to look it up and consider your faith and where true salvation lays.

Thank you …peace……don’t be upset …its not my intention to upset and I use a lot of references that I have prewritten, im sorry for them.

POBook
01-11-2006, 08:18 AM
Hello once again Andaraawus,

I appreciate your response. As in my previous message, my desire is to address each issue that you have raised--and I will do this, trust me. Before I do so, however, I would like you to address the issues I have raised. When you ask questions, I will answer them to the best of my knowledge and my understanding. When I ask questions, obviously I cannot instruct you to answer them, but I think appropriate dialogue does not ignore issues raised. If I ignore issues you raise, I would like to know this. So with this said, allow me to pose once again, the questions I put forth in my previous message:

One of the first questions that comes to my mind, is if Jesus was fulfilling the laws and promoting the laws as they were given, then why would these Pharisees and teachers of the law try to trap Him?
What gave Jesus the right to either condemn this woman or not condemn her? From where or whom did He get His authority to make a decision about her fate relative to her lifestyle?
What gave Jesus the right and the authority to confront these people concerning their sins?
Why did Jesus not say, “I have come to keep the law and the Prophets”? Why did He say, “I have come to fulfill the [law and the Prophets]”?
This is my final question: Was Jesus Christ a law keeper, a law breaker, or a law fulfiller?
Again--My desire is to dialogue and dialogue in a constructive and open minded way. I will address the issues you raised.

Peace to you:)

Andaraawus
01-11-2006, 02:14 PM
One of the first questions that comes to my mind, is if Jesus was fulfilling the laws and promoting the laws as they were given, then why would these Pharisees and teachers of the law try to trap Him?
They were trying to trap him on numerous occasions. should we pay tax to ceasar or not? Jesus replyed onto this very cleverly render unto Gods what is His and render unto ceasars what is his ....

The answer may lay in the fact that the Jews were unjust in their judgement of the law, they condemened people without evidence as hinted in John 7 verse 51. The Jews were full of pride and were hard hearted to the point that they had this false notion that God had to bend over backwards for them.
Therefore they rejected out of pride any fairness and were like how the Taliban are considered in the eyes of people today, all law but no Justice. For Jesus to be the promised Messiah , hr therefore had to pass their tests to meet their standards... we do find them bugging him continuasly throughout the four Gospels with sill things such as this .

Jesus was showing them the fairness to the laws which they had neglected, the Jews thought they knew the law but Jesus knew it better, he was reminding them of the ins and outs of the law, in this way Jesus came to FORFILL becuase the Jews were taking things way out of proportion and not forfilling it .

What gave Jesus the right to either condemn this woman or not condemn her? From where or whom did He get His authority to make a decision about her fate relative to her lifestyle?
As he claimed to be a Prophet therefore he had authortiy and we see clearly here that Jesus excercised the law in which i clearly pointed out ....the woman had to have at leats to witnesses to be condemed ...the question of mine that remains unanswered is what was Jesus scribbling in the ground to cause the Jews to be convicted of their own conscience?

Maybe from this they knew he was a Prophet but was that stooped in pride they refused to admit it.

What gave Jesus the right and the authority to confront these people concerning their sins?
i am seeing no point in some of the questions you are asking ... i would say Jesus came to FORFILL the law that the Jews failed to do.

Why did Jesus not say, “I have come to keep the law and the Prophets”? Why did He say, “I have come to fulfill the [law and the Prophets]”?
sorry dont know ....you tell me

he kept the law as shown and also added to it as you have pointed out

i really dont understand what you are getting at....maybe your trying to corner me with something i dont see coming ...any way ...i hope its a new approach .....

peace

Andaraawus
01-11-2006, 09:55 PM
i would just like to add to this that the word fulfil (my mistake on forfill) in the greek text is 'Pleroo' pronounced as 'play-ro'-o ' , it is a verb which has many meanings and one of them would be to complete, as in render perfect also means to carry out, carry into effect, to perform

now its very intresting that Jesus came to carry out the law by saying that none of the law shall pass until heaven and earth pass away which would be Judgement day

Jesus carryed into effect and performed the law and completed it, whilst the jews were incomplete .... the jews were all law and no love for God , you could say that Jesus but the Juice back into the stone.

I have to disagree that Jesus made Christianity complete by your view, because there was much abbrogation of the law in the Bible after Christ.

Infact it is to be considered apostasy to the way that Christ lived ....
which was entirely Islamic from my point of view .

POBook
01-12-2006, 09:09 AM
Please be patient. I'm getting here. Thanks and thanks for your feedback!!

Sincerely,

POBook
01-12-2006, 02:46 PM
You all are fast;D Hope you have patience--I'll try keep up. Order of response...if I may
Ansar Al-'Adl -- Atonement
Hanar_Aku -- Atonement
Azim -- Judgment Day

POBook
01-13-2006, 07:16 PM
Hello Andaraawus,

Please know that I am working on my response to you and will post it as soon as I am finished. It is very detailed...I hope that is OK!

Thanks for your patience

Andaraawus
01-13-2006, 07:38 PM
as long as its relevant to the issue at hand .... peace ...also keep in mind that i am not going to be around for a month so you have plenty of time.
i will view it after a while .... so no worrys .. tie it together

POBook
01-13-2006, 10:03 PM
Hi there Andaraawus,

Thanks for your patience!

“Even the Bible is shows that Gods love is conditional in the sense you have to accept the notion that Christ was crucified for the sins of mankind. Accept it or face eternal damnation ‘ he who rejects the son rejects the father – as it says in the Bible.”
Mankind sinned. As a result, mankind faced a punishment. There was no other alternative…no other road mankind could take except the road to hell…until GOD, through Jesus Christ paid the price for our sin. Did this mean that the road to hell was replaced with a road to heaven? No. But now, unlike before, there are two roads: one leading to hell and one leading to heaven. No longer is GOD going to punish us by making us travel down the road to hell. He offers us the choice of traveling down the road of retribution to hell or the choice of traveling down the road of forgiveness to heaven. We cannot travel both roads. The road we take, is our choice.

“In Islam we believe in a Merciful God…”
In Islam, do you believe in a Just GOD?

“Now why would God love the tax collectors, when in the Bible we find Jesus losing His temper flipping over tables and calling the Jews vipers broods and hypocrites, if you believe that Jesus is one third of God then I am sure God wouldn’t speak to people like this if He loved them.”
Jesus was trying to make these people aware of their sinful nature. He had every right to be angry with them. He did not hate them and incite violence against them or seek their imprisonment. The Temple was a holy place and a place of prayer, not a market of corruption run by people who considered themselves to be great law abiders.
I question whether Jesus lost His temper. This is to suggest that Jesus lost His ability to think and act on a situation. Anger can be expressed in a constructive way with a very clear purpose and method. Or anger can be expressed in a totally destructive way with a destructive method and purpose. Spanking a child can be done in a controlled way or an out of control way. Jesus was angry, yes, but He did not loose his temper.
I do not believe that Jesus was one third of GOD. Jesus was fully GOD in the flesh.
I am a parent of two wonderful daughters. Trust me, times have come when I have needed to be angry with my children. Did this mean I lost my love for them. No. I love my children very much, but that does not mean they can just do what they want and when they want.

“According to the Bible He is an evil demonic deity who Sends evil spirits to trouble people (1 Samuel 16:14)”
Lets look at this verse: “Now the Spirit of the LORD had left Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD began to torment him.” The first thing I would like to point out is that this situation—the spirit and the person—are in the singular. GOD did not send out spirits to trouble people. One evil spirit from the Lord began to torment one man—Saul. Second, the verse says nothing about GOD being an evil, demonic deity. This is not the nature and character of GOD. The LORD did not begin to torment Saul. Third, I think it is important to understand the entire context of this situation. Several other verses make reference to this evil spirit from GOD tormenting Saul, even to the point where Saul tries to murder David. 1 Samuel 18 records how Saul, under the influence of this evil spirit, began seeking ways of taking David’s life. When you study Scripture more concerning David, you find that he was a “man after GOD’s own heart.” He was a righteous man who led the nation of Israel. He was the author of most Psalms that are recorded in the Old Testament—a true man of GOD. This is my question for now: Why would GOD send an evil spirit into someone else with the purpose of killing a man whom GOD Himself loved and respected very much?

“Even it states he is The creator of evil (Isaiah 45:7).”
Lets look at this verse: “I form light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster (evil); I, the LORD, do all these things.” First, the context of this verse in and of itself shows opposites. GOD forms light and creates the opposite—darkness. He makes or produces prosperity. The Hebrew word here is Salom meaning health, security tranquility, welfare, comfort, peace, and success. The Hebrew word used is not the word “good”. GOD creates the opposite of ‘Salom’. The Hebrew word here is ‘Ra’’. This word is used in many different passages of the Old Testament and includes the following words: evil, bad, inferior, wicked, severe, harmful, unpleasant, fierce, wild, sadness, and calamity. The context of the word determines the best translation to use for that word. For eg., In Leviticus 27:10, animals for sacrifice are referred to using this word ‘Ra’’. These animals cannot be substituted by good for bad, or bad for good. To say that these animals were evil, would imply that they have spiritual and morals and ethics. In this context therefore, the word “evil” is not used as a translation for the word ‘Ra.’’ In context of this verse in Isaiah 45:7, we have seen this verse to be a verse of opposites—light and darkness--yes; prosperity and “evil”—I don’t think so. A better opposite to the word of prosperity or tranquility or comfort or peace is that of disaster or calamity. Yes, GOD can create disaster and calamity, but GOD cannot and will not create evil.

“He Gets angry to the point he hisses and roars (Psalms 30:5, Isaiah 42:13, Jeremiah 25:30).”
Concerning Psalm 30:5: It’s interesting that you raise this verse of Scripture. Lets look at it, “For His anger lasts only a moment, but His favor, a lifetime. Weeping may spend the night, but there is joy in the morning.” Yes, GOD can be a very angry GOD. But His anger lasts only a moment…wow…what an Awesome GOD. How often does our favor last a moment and our anger a lifetime?
Concerning Isaiah 42:13: “The LORD advances like a warrior; He stirs up His zeal like a soldier. He shouts, He roars aloud, He prevails over His enemies.”
Yes! When it comes to GOD’s fight against evil, He is going to advance like a truly mighty warrior. He is going to advance over His enemies. What a Mighty, Mighty GOD!!
Concerning Jeremiah 25:30: “"As for you, you are to prophesy all these things to them, and say to them: The LORD roars from on high; He raises His voice from His holy dwelling. He roars loudly over His grazing land; He calls out with a shout, like those who tread grapes, against all the inhabitants of the earth.”
Yes! There are times in this world where evil seeks to prevail. Why should GOD stand back and watch that happen. GOD does roar from on high to confront evil. Again, what a Mighty GOD!!

“So clearly we see the contradiction between the nature of the God of the new testament and the old.”
There is no contradiction here. When things are wrong, do you just ignore them or do you deal with them—whatever may be needed in the circumstance? When things are going right, do you just ignore them or do you acknowledge them? The Old Testament was grounded on law to make people aware of their sin and GOD’s character in relation to sin and punishment. The New Testament is grounded on grace to make people aware that they cannot meet GOD’s expectations, but out of His loving character evidenced through His sacrificial atonement on the cross, He has provided a way out of punishment.

“He coldly murders 50,310 people for looking into a box (1 Samuel 6:19) though modern day Christians are ashamed to admit this so we find some of the modern day Bibles have reduced the number to 70 out of shame.”
First, the number of men referenced is 50, 070. I think you got your number from the King James Version of the Bible which reads, “…even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten…” “Threescore” is 10x3 plus 10 which = 70. Second, the literal Hebrew text for this verse reads, “And he smote among the men of Beth-shemesh, (because they looked into the ark of Jehovah), and he smote among the people Seventy men, Fifty Thousand men.” Third, it’s important to see that the people who were killed were men. Let us look again at the context of this situation. The ark (“box”) belonged to the Israelites, but had been captured by the Philistines. They decided they needed to send this ark “back to its place” (6:2). They get it prepared, put it on a cart, attach this cart to two cows, and send these cows on the way with this ark (vss 3-11). These cows take the ark to the town of Beth-Shemesh. Take note of these next few verses:

Vs 13: “Now the people of Beth-Shemesh were harvesting their wheat in the valley, and when they looked up and saw the ark, they rejoiced at the sight.” We need to ask ourselves how large was this town of Beth-Shemesh? Researches have come to believe that during this time-period, Beth-Shemesh was a relatively small village out in the country. What was the population? If 50, 070 men were killed, there was more than likely a similar number of women in this town. Then kids are to be considered. Lets say each family had an average of 1 child. Now you are looking at a town with at least 50, 070 men, about 50,000 women and about 25, 000 children—a total of about 125,000 people. This is my question: Is this a small village or is this a city?

Vs 14: “The cart came to the field of Joshua of Beth-Shemesh, and there it stopped beside a large rock. The people chopped up the wood of the cart and sacrificed the cows as a burnt offering to the Lord.” Do you think there were 50,000 people around this little wood cart, taking it apart, and then sacrificing the cows?

Now, the Levites (priests) of this town take the ark and the other box of stuff and place them on a “large rock” (vs 15). In vs 18 it says, “The large rock on which they set the ark of the Lord, is a witness to this day (the day in which this text was written) in the field of Joshua of Beth-Shemesh.” What I want to know is how large was this rock? We have no details. However, it had to be of some form of significant size and height to be identified as a “large rock”. Was it a hill or a mountain? I don’t think so. It was not identified as such. I point this out with the following question in mind. How were 50, 070 men going to clamor up on top of this large rock?

From the manner in which this text stands, and from the great improbability of the thing, it is most likely that there is a corruption in this text, or that some explanatory word is lost, or that the number fifty thousand has been added by ignorance or design; it being very improbable that such a small village as Beth-shemesh should contain or be capable of employing fifty thousand and seventy men in the fields at wheat harvest, much less that they could all peep into the ark on the stone of Abel, in the corn-field of Joshua.

Christians are not ashamed to admit this. Christians are deeply concerned about the accuracy of textual criticism and spend much time, not trying to simply change text to suite themselves, but to be sure that translated text is as close to the original text as possible.

Now, concerning the 70 men that GOD killed. Once again, do you know and understand the context of the Ark of the Covenant? I will try to be as brief as I can with this. The Ark of the Covenant was built to house and carry the Ten Commandments. It was considered to be very, very holy---containing the very words of GOD to the Hebrew people. It was to be treated with utmost respect. The Hebrew people had been given very clear instructions about how to handle this Ark of the Covenant and how to look after it. The seventy men who died that day disobeyed GOD and He punished them for it. GOD’s dealing with these people is a manifestation of his justice and His righteousness. GOD is to be highly respected and worshiped. Does this mean we must live in fear of GOD? No. But we must be aware that He is the Almighty and Holy Creator of our universe and us.

“He Commands to kill women and suckling infants and even animals 1 Samuel 15:3.”
Once again, let’s look at the larger context of this situation. These women and children belonged to the Amalekite people. The Amalekites are first mentioned in Genesis 14:7. Right from the beginning, the Amalekites are involved in war. They are mentioned several times in the book of Numbers (13:29; 14:25, 43, 45). Then we read this passage in Deuteronomy 25:
Vs 17 :"Remember what the Amalekites did to you on the journey after you left Egypt.
Vs 18: They met you along the way and attacked all your stragglers from behind when you were tired and weary. They did not fear God.
Vs 19: When the LORD your God gives you rest from all the enemies around you in the land the LORD your God is giving you to possess as an inheritance, blot out the memory of Amalek from under heaven. Do not forget.” The Amelakites were obviously an evil people who sought to destroy GOD’s own people.

Then in the book of Judges 3:13 we read, “After Eglon convinced the Ammonites and the Amalekites to join forces with him, he attacked and defeated Israel and took possession of the City of Palms.” Here again, we see the Amelakites bringing destruction to the Israelites.

Judges 6:3, “Whenever the Israelites planted crops, the Midianites, Amalekites, and the eastern peoples came and attacked them.”

Judges 7:2, “Now the Midianites, Amalekites, and all the Qedemites had settled down in the valley like a swarm of locusts, and their camels were as innumerable as the sand on the seashore.” They were getting ready to attack the Israelites.

Judges 10:12, “Sidonians, Amalekites, and Maonites oppressed you, and you cried out to Me, did I not deliver you from their power?”

1 Samuel 14:48, “He fought bravely, defeated the Amalekites, and delivered Israel from the hand of those who plundered them.”

The Amelakites were a reproducing nation of people raised and trained to destroy other people, particularly GOD’s chosen people, the Israelites. GOD chose to bring an end to these people, and that’s what He did. Did this make Him evil? No. An evil people brought about their own destruction. We must realize too, that children were being born and raised to war with other people. The lifestyle implemented on these children was to their detriment and suffering in the long run. GOD brought this to an end.

“Commands that women’s hands are to be cut off for defending their husbands (Deuteronomy 25:11).”
Again, I think it’s important to look at all the details in this verse. The woman risks loosing her hand for helping to defend her husband, but look at the manner in which she does it.

"If two men are fighting with each other, and the wife of one steps in to rescue her husband from the one striking him, and she puts out her hand and grabs his genitals…”

For a woman to do this to a man was a great shame, not simply to the man involved, but to all men. Hense this command. What’s more interesting concerning this situation, is can you imagine two men have a fight with one another. How is a woman going to have the time and space to be able to get her hands under the clothing and grab the genitals of someone who is in the active phase of hitting the other person. I think there is more to this situation than is clear here.

“He does evil unto people and even repents for it (Exodus 32:14,1 Samuel 15:35, Genesis 6:6)”
Exodus 32:14: “And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.” This is from the King James version of the Bible. I’m not sure what your understanding of repentance is. Repentance is the active acknowledgement of something you have done wrong and apologizing for it. In this verse, GOD was getting ready to punish His people for their sin. He had not yet fulfilled His goal. The word “repent” in this context is better understood as “changed his mind”. To repent is also to go back. This is what GOD was doing. He was changing His mind as to what He wanted to do to Israel. Concerning the word “evil” in this verse: In Hebrew, this word includes the second (feminine) form; as adjective or noun meaning adversity, affliction, bad, calamity, displeaseure, distress, evil-favouredness, grievous, harm, heavy, hurtful, and ill favoured. When you look at the context of this passage, the Israelites had just made a golden calf and were worshiping this calf. Moses was on the mountain of Sinai, getting the Ten Commandments from GOD. The very first commandment listed is, “You will have no other gods before Me.” GOD had every right to bring extreme calamity, adversity, affliction, and distress on the Israelites. Moses interceded with GOD on behalf of the Israelites, and so GOD withdrew His intent to punish His people. In this vs., GOD did not perform any evil against His people. He did not repent in the sense of repenting from sin. He withrew from His intents.

1 Samuel 15:35: “And Samuel came no more to see Saul until the day of his death: nevertheless Samuel mourned for Saul: and the LORD repented that he had made Saul king over Israel.” The Hebrew word for repented here is “naw-kham'” meaning to sigh, that is, breathe strongly; by implication to be sorry. The context of this verse tells us that GOD regretted making Saul king. GOD had not committed a sin for which he repented. He was filled with grief that He had made Saul king.

Genesis 6:6: “And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.” The second part of this verse is a parallel to the first part of the verse and reflects the meaning of the first part: “It repented the Lord…It grieved the Lord.” GOD was not repenting of any sin He had committed. GOD was grieving and was filled with remorse and sorrow for creating man on the earth. Their was no evil or sin committed by GOD in this verse. Man had committed evil and this broke GOD’s heart.

“So here we have a sinful god who repents, why does he repent and who to? When you have a sinful god who repents then you’re salvation is in jeopardy.”
After a careful study of these Scriptures, you cannot honestly say that we have a sinful god who repents to anyone. As the study of these texts has shown, GOD is perfectly Righteous, Holy, Just, and Merciful. I do not have a sinful GOD who repents and my salvation is not in jeopardy.

“I definitely have a problem that the God of the Bible is a God of Love, care and Mercy who loves everybody and every thing is fine and dandy with roses and flowers and cuddly teddy bears.”
Yes, the GOD of the Bible is a GOD of love, care, and mercy. But He is also a GOD of justice, righteousness, and holiness. GOD so loved the world—including you; including me—that He gave His one and only Son--gave Him to die for our transgression--so that whoever believes in Him—believes who He is; believes what He did; entrusts their heart and life to Him—these people will not perish, but have everlasting life. Because GOD loves us, does not mean that everything is fine and dandy. People have to choose to accept Him and what He did for them or they must choose to reject it. People must choose to go down the path to hell or down the path to heaven. Many people choose the path to hell—this is not fine and dandy!

This has been long. I hope that’s OK and I hope you have read it. If you would like me to address Exodus 33:23, I will be happy to do so. Please allow me to encourage you to read verses of Scripture from the Bible within the context they were written. It is very easy to take verses out of context and misunderstand their true meaning.

Peace to you and thanks for your patience. I look forward to your reply.:)

POBook
01-28-2006, 07:26 AM
Greetings Andaraawus,

You back:?

Sincerely,

Andaraawus
01-28-2006, 11:35 AM
Infact i went for a few days , it seems there has been a power surge that knocked out the electric at the school, when they got it back on it kept on shorting, becuase of the outdated electric circuit they have its hard to narrow down the problem, they sent all the students home for healthey and safety reasons, the boilers are not working too due to the electric, they still havent put their finger on the problem , however i am still very busy, your post will not go neglected , i do have a few things to say.

Andaraawus
01-28-2006, 11:37 AM
i will open up a new thread about this when the time comes ....the nature of God ... because we are kinda diverting from the main issue at hand and its considered a crime here you get bad rep ....wasalams we have to keep to the rules and respect them .

sargon
01-29-2006, 08:07 AM
I would just like to say that this debate is very interesting and oyu are both knowledgable.

But about the death penalty, a few things summed up that would put the idealistic or warm hearted person at ease:
- Only a Caliph may carry this sentance out.
- It came from a historic event, people undermining the state.

In these days if someone decides to change their faith, my opinion would be to follow the verse in the Quran quoted a few posts ago before the debate, the general message being "you go your way and I go my way."

If there are groups of people that deliberately try to corrupt Islam, and make people disbelieve it's a serious crime and in an Islamic state should be understandable why death is an option.

You have to take into consideration multiple factors:
- Is this person truly searching for God? If so maybe s/he didn't receive the proper education, which is why there should be time for council and education.
- Is this person trying to harm Islam? Which is why a Caliph, a real divinely chosen caliph needs to deal with the situation, it's not a simple matter to be taken into the hands of normal people.

That's my opinion (based on the information from these posts.) Open to criticism always ;)

POBook
01-29-2006, 11:49 AM
Greetings to you Sargon,

"I would just like to say that this debate is very interesting and you are both knowledgable."
Thank you very much for your words of encouragment:) !

In these days if someone decides to change their faith, my opinion would be to follow the verse in the Quran quoted a few posts ago before the debate, the general message being "you go your way and I go my way."
I understand what you are saying here. My problem with this approach is that it reflects a lack of love for someone; a lack of concern over why they choose to do what they do. To us, this is the uniqueness of true love. It can hold someone accountable with an open mind and despite what they choose to believe, to continue loving them and accepting them for who they are. Yes, this is certainly easier said than done. If I feel my child is going in the wrong direction, I will do what I can to re-direct her. But I will never ex-comuunicate her from my family; I will never threaten her with her life; I will never try to make her life misrable.

If there are groups of people that deliberately try to corrupt Islam, and make people disbelieve it's a serious crime and in an Islamic state should be understandable why death is an option.
Again, I understand what you are saying here. Unfortunately, Christianity has suffered much the same way. Many people have taken Christianity and corrupted it; distorted it and done all sorts of things in the name of it. This is not true Christianity. These people are not true and humble followers of Jesus. Why true Christianity has endured the corrupters of our faith for so long, is because that is part of the nature of true Christianity--to love the enemy and to pray for those who persecute. We do not have to accept corrupt theologies; but we accept and love the corrupt theologians and do what we can to help them understand the truth of the Scriptures. In the end, we leave people like this in God's hands and allow Him to deal with them as He sees fit.

"Is this person trying to harm Islam? Which is why a Caliph, a real divinely chosen caliph needs to deal with the situation, it's not a simple matter to be taken into the hands of normal people."
I may be taking this statement of yours slightly out of context, but I want to use it to point out something I think is an important issue. The three largest religions in the world are Judaism, Islam, and Christianity. They are very similar in many aspects but in the most crucial aspects of all, they are totally different. Unfortunately, many Jews, Muslims, and Christians fail to respect one another. They feel it is their responsibility to harm one another's religions and to try converting people to their own religion. This happens when people have become their own god. Speaking from the Christian point of view, this is not my responsibility. My responsibility is to dialogue, debate, and discuss religeous issues in a respectful way. I like to do this as best as I can, especially with Muslims, I people group whom I love. I say all that to say I never desire to try and harm Islam. I desire to share the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Great talking with you. You have an open mind:) !

Andaraawus
01-29-2006, 02:15 PM
Did God have a change of character or did he appoint a new God to take His role? was the God in Moses time a cruel entity whilst the God of Jesus time a Merciful one?

The question marks are not there as a matter of question but yet a matter of thought, one thing that gets me is Christians now days strongly disagree with capital punishements and stick beat Islam and being a cruel and babaric reilgion whilst their religion is a relgion of love, God is loooove is the slogan chant.

but yet as demonstrated God also commaned Capital Punishmenet in the Bible, now one can spin around and triple backflip and then land on his feet in his word play but the fact of the matter remains.

In Christianity the Adulteress is doomed to the fire but yet in Islam the Adulteress is forgiven of their sin because they took the punishment in this world, they are given paradise, i would like you to show me a text in which says the adulteress that is stoned to death is forgiven. theres no arguement whether capital punishment stands.

The loss of capital punishment has only caused the worst of people to emrege such as peodophilia, thier crime could have been death but yet we find them locked up only to come out and ruin another girls life.

But yes of course , God is love .... and he wouldnt want his child to persih would he now?

please put the teddy bears and the flowers away, and re read the evidence that has been presented.

Ansar Al-'Adl
01-29-2006, 08:08 PM
Greetings POBook,
I just realized I never answered your question.
format_quote Originally Posted by POBook
I appreciate what you are saying in regard to apostasy and it's historical context. Why, however, are many Muslims themselves afraid, very afraid of converting to Christianity?
For you to claim that 'many' Muslims are afraid of converting to Christianity, you would have to provide evidence. The truth of the matter is that there is no way for you to substantiate such a claim.
If my child, before becoming a true believer in Jesus Christ, decided to go the way of Islam, naturally I would be concerned. However, I would continue to love my child. She would always be a part of my family.
What if your child became an atheist and grew up attacking Christianity as falsehood? Although you may still care for your child I am sure you would hate what they are doing and wouldn't protest if God decided to punish them in the next life for their blasphemy and rejection of His great love and mercy.

In Islam, our relation to God is more dear to us than our relation to someone who happens to be our relative. If our relatives commit an offence than we would not go any lighter on them than if they were not our relatives.

Regards

POBook
01-30-2006, 06:58 AM
Greetings Ansar Al-'Adl,

Thanks for your response to an ealier message.
For you to claim that 'many' Muslims are afraid of converting to Christianity, you would have to provide evidence. The truth of the matter is that there is no way for you to substantiate such a claim.
Have you ever heard of "honor killings"?

What if your child became an atheist and grew up attacking Christianity as falsehood?
Naturally I would be very upset. But I would not disassociate my child from the family. She will always be loved and will always be part of our family. I will never try to instill within her a fear for her life. I would continue to love my child. I would also leave my child in God's hands for Him to do with her as He chooses. My role as the Father and the parent is to love my child, no matter what. This does not mean that I have to accept all she may choose to do. But I will never reject her.

Sincerely,

POBook
01-30-2006, 07:04 AM
Hello Andaraawus,

Before I respond to your last message, I would like to find out how long a message you are willing to read. What is always very important to me is to explain Scripture within its context. The Bible is not a mass of verses that are disconnected from one another. Every verse in the Bible is connected. It is easy to take verses out of context and the result is misunderstanding. I would like to explain to you the context of Old Testament law; the context of the Jewish people; the context of Jesus and his fulfillment of the Law. This may be quite long. Are you willing to read a long response?

Sincerely,

Andaraawus
01-30-2006, 10:34 AM
Honour killings are performed by hindus and those who are from the subcontinent who claim to be Muslim but yet still follow hindu tradition. find honour killings in the doctrine of Islam and you might just have a case.

i feel your response will be educational .

However i i was to show you a verse that implys the capital punishment of your own child would you still accept this as the same God who is love?

and secondly where in Christian scripture does it say that the adulteress is forgiven and given paradise after her punishment?

POBook
01-30-2006, 07:40 PM
Greetings Andaraawus,

Thanks for your response. I will work on the lengthy explanation. Hopefully I will be clear in my communication.

Yes, I would love to see the verse that implies capital punishment of my own child.

and secondly where in Christian scripture does it say that the adulteress is forgiven and given paradise after her punishment?
First, Christianity does not teach paradise after punishment. We either go to paradise for eternity or we go to hell for eternity. If we went to hell to serve a "sentence" and then we could go to paradise, the opposite would come into effect. We could go to paradise for some time and then end up in hell. Where we spend eternity is decided on this earth. The result of that decision when we die can never be changed. Second, here is the example Jesus set using adultary:

Joh 8:1 But Jesus went to the Mount of Olives.
Joh 8:2 At dawn He went to the temple complex again, and all the people were coming to Him. He sat down and began to teach them.
Joh 8:3 Then the scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman caught in adultery, making her stand in the center.
Joh 8:4 "Teacher," they said to Him, "this woman was caught in the act of committing adultery.
Joh 8:5 In the law Moses commanded us to stone such women. So what do You say?"
Joh 8:6 They asked this to trap Him, in order that they might have evidence to accuse Him. Jesus stooped down and started writing on the ground with His finger.
Joh 8:7 When they persisted in questioning Him, He stood up and said to them, "The one without sin among you should be the first to throw a stone at her."
Joh 8:8 Then He stooped down again and continued writing on the ground.
Joh 8:9 When they heard this, they left one by one, starting with the older men. Only He was left, with the woman in the center.
Joh 8:10 When Jesus stood up, He said to her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?"
Joh 8:11 "No one, Lord," she answered. "Neither do I condemn you," said Jesus. "Go, and from now on do not sin any more."

Sincerely and thanks for your dialogue,

Ansar Al-'Adl
01-30-2006, 07:58 PM
"honor killings" have absolutely nothing to do with Islam.
http://islamtoday.com/show_detail_se...&main_cat_id=6

Naturally I would be very upset. But I would not disassociate my child from the family. She will always be loved and will always be part of our family. I will never try to instill within her a fear for her life. I would continue to love my child. I would also leave my child in God's hands for Him to do with her as He chooses. My role as the Father and the parent is to love my child, no matter what. This does not mean that I have to accept all she may choose to do. But I will never reject her.
You would love someone whom God condemns, and you would accept someone who rejects God and whom God rejects?

Let's take an example. The Bible says:
You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

Now if one's child became a sorceress, wouldn't they have to kill them?

Regards

Andaraawus
01-31-2006, 12:32 AM
"If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying: Let us go and worship other gods (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other, or gods of other religions), do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him. You must certainly put him to death. Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people." (Deuteronomy 13:6-9)

This is the Same God speaking right? not like its a new president in office since the commence of Matthew Chapter 1 verse one onwards.

I dont want to sound senile but i have already answered every angle of the verses quoted from John .... though if you insist i will break it down for you point for point .

POBook
01-31-2006, 06:43 AM
Greetings Ansar Al-'Adl,

Thanks for your response.

I understand what you are saying about honor killings not being a part of Islam. Why, however, do some Muslim people perform this? We live in a city where just recently there was an honor killing in a Muslim family--the brother killed his sister to restore family honor.

You would love someone whom God condemns, and you would accept someone who rejects God and whom God rejects?
The way you have phrased this reflects a great misunderstanding of God. God is Almighty; He is all-Holy; He is all-Righteous; He is all-perfect. God condemns no one and rejects no one. What God hates, abhors, despises, rejects and condemns is the sin and not the sinner--"For God so loved the world..." (John 3:16). "This is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins" (1 John 4:10). My desire is to pattern my life after God. Jesus taught, "Love your enemy and pray for those who persecute you." He did not teach us to love the acts of sin; He does not love the acts of sin. I want to love and accept the same people whom God loves and accepts--everyone. I want to despise and reject the same sins that God despises and rejects--all sin. Because I am not in God's shoes, I cannot give heaven or hell. People sin not against one another. They ultimately sin against God.

Let's take an example. The Bible says:
You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

Now if one's child became a sorceress, wouldn't they have to kill them?
No. First, this was a command given to the Jewish people and was part of the old covenant between God and His chosen people (I will be responding to Andaraawus concerning the whole context of the law). Second, Jesus came to provide a new covenant. "I new command I give unto you: love one another. As I have loved you, you must also love one another" (John 13:34).

I hope this answers your questions.

POBook
02-01-2006, 04:19 PM
Hey Andaraawus,

Just want to know if you will be able to respond to # 44?

Sincerely,

Andaraawus
02-02-2006, 12:49 AM
Mankind sinned. As a result, mankind faced a punishment.
Allahs unlimited Mercy flys in the face of the concept of original sin and blood to wash away the sin, Adam slipped and repented and was forgiven, he only blamed himself whereas the Bible states he blamed no other than eve who then passed the buck to the serpant, the Bible is not in contrast with the Quran which shows that Adam repented to His Lord and then His Lord was soooooooooooo Merciful to him that he forgave him there and then.

Plus the concept of origanal sin is cruel, you say about children and loving them? and hating to put capital punishment on them but yet we have the concept of origanal sin in which babys children are punished for somebody elses sin, their forefathers in which Ezkeil 18:20 refutes the notion of this.

We believe in a Merciful God that is forgiving and can forgive anybody when they ask for His forgiveness, you dont have to accept no blood but ask for forgiveness and He wont hold anybodys elses sin against you , God is not unjust and He does not hold grudges.

In the Qur’an there is a verse that says 'no soul shall bare the burden of another’.

There was no other alternative…no other road mankind could take except the road to hells…until GOD, through Jesus Christ paid the price for our sin
yes indeed there was alternative, to repent and believe in Allah , Moses and the believers that followed him are going to paradise, and the same goes for Abraham and his family …..its silly to say there was no other alternative until Jesus came along .

the next issue is that the whole crucifix issue with Jesus is in question because if we were to do some simple mathematics we would find that Jesus was not crucified.

In Islam, do you believe in a Just GOD?
Yes , please speak whats on your mind ….i want to see what youre trying to get at

Some things you wrote I really don’t have the time to answer because really they don’t stand relevant to this discussion and therefore are known as red herrings diverting the topic from the real issue at hand , although out of all you have ‘refuted’ I will touch on one point .

God commands that a womans hands be cut off for sqeezing a mans testicles, whilst her husband is being attacked by him , she does it in defence of her husband , to help him from being killed but yet God commands to chop her hands off and show no pity but in this same chapter He is merciful with a cow but not merciful with a woman , look in verse 4 ‘do not muzzle the ox’ so the ox can eat.

The fact is why can God forgive the adulterer who does worser than sqeeze a mans testicles but yet this poor woman gets punished , so I ask you do you believe in a just God? There is always a alternative brother and that is Islam.

I will be happy to discuss the subjects Gods love is it conditional? Gods wrath , Mercy, is God Just and so forth .....peace

and please be merciful and make your replys breif. it takes a lot of time to answer long posts and i am not guaranteed to catch everything . so i will choose whats suffices , the most important issues and discard the rest.

Andaraawus
03-28-2006, 10:10 PM
oh yeh i forgot about this .....hang on p.o ...lemme recap

Muslim Knight
03-29-2006, 03:15 AM
I think this is one of the differences between Islam and Christianity. In Islam, GOD is understood to love those who follow His law; those who are righteous; those who repent for their sins. In Christianity, GOD loves the prostitute and the tax collector; He loves the sinner and the unrighteous—so much does He love them, that He came to this earth to pay the penalty for their transgression of the law.

To say “especially those who repent for their sins”, is that not the same as saying GOD has favorites; that GOD loves certain people more than others?

Peace
God loves you enough to keep you alive even while you are sinning against Him. He does this waiting for your repentance. Even the hard-core idol worshipper or prostitute lives by the grace of God. You know that the air that they breathe? Even that Allah created for them to take in everytime, just to survive! Only when they die (having not repented) will the final chastisement of Hell reach them. Allah says in the Quran, those who enter Hell deserve so, because they have been ungrateful to their own Creator and Cherisher.

Just imagine this. God created you and created all the things you need just to survive. The air you breathe, the water you drink, even your soul. This is His love for you! What do you do? You worship other than Him and you worship your own desires. Is this your gratitude towards Him? Is this your love?

This is the difference between Islam and Christianity.

In Christianity you are taught that God is love. Which is why people get confused in many instances, they worship love and not God. Then we have problems of pre-marital sex, extra-marital sex and promiscuisity, AIDS, the lot. We love & worship our own partners intensely, instead of our Creator. How ungrateful we are to God!

In Islam, we are taught that God is not Love (Hubb), but He is Full-Loving (Al-Wadood) and Oft-Forgiving (Al-Ghafur). Everytime we sinned against Him, we are asked, commanded, to repent to Him and follow His guidance. Through His Al-Quran and His Prophet's sayings, we are taught that if we repent sincerely to Him, our repentance will be accepted. We learn that Allah has inscribed Himself, Mercy, hence His Name The Merciful (Ar-Raheem).

root
03-29-2006, 09:14 PM
Being non-religous I don't much care for a religous stance on the death penalty. My "personal" view is that no one system including Islam can prevent an innocent man from being sentenced to death. In conclusion, to accept the death penalty is to accept innocent people will wrongfully be executed hence I am opposed to the death penalty.........

In Christianity you are taught that God is love. Which is why people get confused in many instances, they worship love and not God. Then we have problems of pre-marital sex, extra-marital sex and promiscuisity, AIDS, the lot. We love & worship our own partners intensely, instead of our Creator. How ungrateful we are to God!
Your in cloud cuckoo land, nice in theory but that is all. Even if society was rose tinted like you subscribe to, AIDS would not have been stopped.

Ghazi
03-29-2006, 09:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by root
Being non-religous I don't much care for a religous stance on the death penalty. My "personal" view is that no one system including Islam can prevent an innocent man from being sentenced to death. In conclusion, to accept the death penalty is to accept innocent people will wrongfully be executed hence I am opposed to the death penalty.........
Salaam

Really, What about the mast murderers don't they deserve to be killed for their crime.

Al-Mu'min
03-29-2006, 11:01 PM
Salaam.

Concerning the topic, these are the rules according to Islam.

Allah says: “O you who believe! The law of retribution is prescribed for you in cases of murder.” [Surah al-Baqarah: 178]

The relatives of the victim have three options open to them. They may pardon the killer. They may opt to receive monetary compensation in the form of blood money(diyah). They may request retribution (qisas).

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Whoever has one of his relations murdered has the choice either to receive compensation thereto or have the killer killed.” [Sahîh al-Bukhârî (2434) and Sahîh Muslim (1355)]

This is done before a proper court of law. If the releatives of the deceased opt for retribution, then the court is obliged to carry out the execution on their behalf. Otherwise, they have no jurisdiction to execute the murderer.

Peace.

Al-Mu'min
03-29-2006, 11:03 PM
My question is: If the killer is pardoned, does he serve jail-time, or is he free? And if he recieves the death penalty, is he forgiven by Allah ( for this sin) in the hereafter?

root
03-31-2006, 09:25 AM
Really, What about the mast murderers don't they deserve to be killed for their crime.
I have nothing against killing murderers as "an eye for an eye". Again, the problem is innocent people do not deserve to die for murders they never commited. To kill the deserving is to accept we kill the undeserving.

mizan_aliashraf
03-31-2006, 09:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'min
My question is: If the killer is pardoned, does he serve jail-time, or is he free? And if he recieves the death penalty, is he forgiven by Allah ( for this sin) in the hereafter?

Salam
The one who faces the death penalty is forgiven by allah, as his death is forgiveness by allah
And Allah knows best
Wassalam

HeiGou
03-31-2006, 09:28 AM
I have nothing against killing murderers as "an eye for an eye". Again, the problem is innocent people do not deserve to die for murders they never commited. To kill the deserving is to accept we kill the undeserving.
To free the deserving is to accept that they will go on to kill the undeserving.

Personally I think I am at more risk of a freed killer, having served his time, than of the State arresting me and executing me unjustly.

Al-Mu'min
03-31-2006, 10:42 AM
That's what trials are for brother. You have to have witnesses and evidence. Plus in Islam, if the killing is unintentional, the killer is either freed or has to pay blood-money. If he did it intentionaly, he still has a chance that the family will forgive him and he is free. If he is executed, then Allah forgives him for the murder since he was punished by execution in this life.
Seems like a pretty good deal for the killer don't you?

root
03-31-2006, 10:49 AM
To free the deserving is to accept that they will go on to kill the undeserving.
hhmmm, I accept your point. Jailing a murderer and jailing innocently accused murderers is at least acceptable since you can free an innocent man. You cannot bring an innocent man back from death.

Personally I think I am at more risk of a freed killer, having served his time, than of the State arresting me and executing me unjustly.
I disagree. Firstly, most murders (excluding terrorism) are killed for a specific reason and are not simply random killings though random killings are present. We have murderers in the UK who will never see freedom again because the risk to the public is too great, however society must draw a balance.

root
03-31-2006, 10:53 AM
That's what trials are for brother. You have to have witnesses and evidence
Have you never heard of "mis-carriage of justice" and thier is not a single justice system in the world including Islamic law that can protect it's citizens 100% from error.

The "Birmingham 6" undoubtly would ALL have been executed had a death penalty be in place, and this is the tip of the iceburg

http://www.innocent.org.uk/cases/birmingham6/

Al-Mu'min
04-01-2006, 04:53 AM
Have you never heard of "mis-carriage of justice" and thier is not a single justice system in the world including Islamic law that can protect it's citizens 100% from error.
I agree brother. Nothing is 100% accurate. We should also ask: How many are acccurate? Aren't 99.9 % of murder cases correct and accurate ? More importantly, we also have to protect the other innocent civilians called the victims. And the only way to do so, is by implemeting the death penalty. You kill, you are also killed. Period. Why do you think countries or states that implement the strict death penalty have a far less murder rate?

Besides if you let a murderer live and send him to jail, he poses a threat to other in mates like thieves, and other less dangerous people. How many times did we hear about a murderer murdering while he/she serving his/her sentence? Plus how many times have we heard about a murderer who served his time and murdered again?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.