/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Imaam Shaykh Abdul Bari Thubaity arrested!

sonz
03-29-2006, 08:15 AM
Shaykh Ali al-Hudhayfu, imam and khateeb of Masjid al-Haram war arrested by because his sermon of the last jumu'aa! He criticized occident which use principles like "women freedom" in order to destroy and to mislead women and muslims

http://www.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/1...5C3AE0B06B.htm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
03-29-2006, 09:45 AM
Salaam

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :heated: :heated: :heated: :heated: :heated: :heated: :heated: :heated:

Are these people still muslim if they arresting a muslim beacuse of a sermon, isn't this something a munaafiq would do.

Ghazi
03-29-2006, 09:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
r u sure he was arrested ?
tht link says :
Saudia Stops Imaam of Masjid e Nabawi from Khitaabah
as in stops him from giving Khutbahs...

does it say he was arrested somewhere after tht ? :?
SalaaM

Don't know I took the brothers word for it, I can't read arabic

Ghazi
03-29-2006, 10:08 AM
hmmmmmmmm

dont think he was arrested....

he was just barred from giving sermons... after his last Khutbah this friday.
Salaam

Thats bad enough who on earth is doing this, what on earth is going on, who do these people think they are, I think it's time for a revolution in suadi and get rid of these un-islamic leaders.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mizan_aliashraf
03-29-2006, 10:53 AM
Salam
Its unfortunate this happened. And no, he was not arrested. He has been suspended from giving khutbahs in the masjidun-nabawi for a period of time. He should be allowed back soon after the suspension period has expired. That is what you call a proper pro-US saudi regime. May Allah guide them and may Allah grant Sheikh Thubaity patience
Wassalam

Nicola
03-29-2006, 01:20 PM
What was his sermon about?...
I understand you said womens freedom etc...was he for or against freedom for women.

HeiGou
03-30-2006, 08:42 AM
He cleared the ISLAM's Stance on the matter.
nothing else, i guess.
But no one has said exactly what he did say. So it is hard to make a fair and balanced judgement. I admit I am prejudiced against the Saudis and so I would assume that he simply stated Islamic orthodoxy. But you all are Muslims and so wouldn't it be better to give all your Muslim brothers the benefit of the doubt where possible and try to find out what exactly was said?

If the Sheik did go too far into extremism, wouldn't banning him from preaching and sending him home to think about Orthodox Islam be a good thing to do?

mizan_aliashraf
03-30-2006, 10:20 AM
Peace
How can they send him 'home' when he is a saudi citizen himself? and no, he was not being extreme. He spoke about islam's very clear stance on women. He just reiterated a few islamic values of women. I think he did speak out against the government so he has been suspended for a while. May Allah guide the Saudi Government and grant the sheikh mercy, comfort and patience
And Peace to those who follow righteous guidance

HeiGou
03-30-2006, 10:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mizan_aliashraf
How can they send him 'home' when he is a saudi citizen himself? and no, he was not being extreme. He spoke about islam's very clear stance on women. He just reiterated a few islamic values of women. I think he did speak out against the government so he has been suspended for a while.
I mean "home" in the literal sense of his house. It sounded to me as if he was not arrested but, basically, grounded - sent to his room to think about what he had done. The interesting thing would be to find out exactly what he did say. Anyone have a transcript?

S_87
03-30-2006, 10:25 AM
:sl:

omg all ranting.

sheikh shuraim did a similiar khutbah last yr and sheikh sudais has done one too.

and further more what they say hes true nothing bad

:rant:

heigou he hasnt done anything wrong so they cant exactly arrest him

mizan_aliashraf
03-30-2006, 10:26 AM
Peace
I will post it soon, i do have it but not on me at this precise moment
Personally i dont see anything wrong with what he said. But then i didnt see anything wrong with what Sheikh Ali al-Hudhaify said a few years back about liberating Palestine, and i also didnt see anything wrong with the du'a made by Sheikh Muhammad al-Muhaisny in 2001. Probably me, or the Saudi government. Anyway they wont listen to me so there's no point going on about it.

MetSudaisTwice
03-30-2006, 10:27 AM
salam
i didnt see any thing wrong with SS saying that the government is wrong for making Saudi open to tourism
wasalam

mizan_aliashraf
03-30-2006, 10:31 AM
Salam
There is nothing wrong with saying that. He meant the cities of makkah and madinah anyway. But nearly everyone knows that the kuffar are exiled from the two cities of the haramain and also 'arafah and mina
Wassalam

S_87
03-30-2006, 10:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nicola
What was his sermon about?...
I understand you said womens freedom etc...was he for or against freedom for women.
he was for womens freedom
true womens freedom :coolious:

HeiGou
03-30-2006, 10:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
i didnt see any thing wrong with SS saying that the government is wrong for making Saudi open to tourism
There's a concept I'd never thought I'd see.

(Possible slogans by the Saudi Tourism Bureau deleted to avoid being banned)

S_87
03-30-2006, 11:01 AM

well he said right :thumbs_up

thinking about it i think the wickedest thing to do is for the imams in makkah and madinah to repeat what he said. lets see if they suspend them. :rant:

sheikh shuraim- hes best to carry of the 'yeh what you gonna do to me' effect, but likely theyll suspend him too :rant:
sheikh sudais- good choice not likely hell get suspension :-\
sheikh saleh T- nope hell defo get suspended :rant:
sheikh saleh H- good choice but id be surprised if he does it
sheikh usama- again,good choice but dont know if he would
sheikh subayil-the bomb :coolious:
sheikh hudhaifi- yh good idea,
sheikh salaah-umm they cant suspend
sheikh husayn-he cant get suspended cos hell have his dad and bro on his side (hopefully)
sheikh al qassim-not sure
how do i get my idea to them tho :'(

mizan_aliashraf
03-30-2006, 03:11 PM
Salam
Ill tell them for you inshallah, im serious you know
Wassalam

S_87
03-30-2006, 03:14 PM

really? coolio *all excited now*
sheikh thubaitis got all the imams standing up for him :thumbs_up

Ghazi
03-30-2006, 03:14 PM
Salaam

I'm seriously sick of the saudia gpvermnet, What does islam say about muslim rulers who don't rule according to islamic law?

mizan_aliashraf
03-30-2006, 03:16 PM
Salam
The one who does not rule according to what allah has revealed is a kaafir
Wassalam

Ghazi
03-30-2006, 03:20 PM
Salam
Wassalam
Salaam

Seriously could you give any ayats or hadiths, man this goverment make me sick for instance I would love to have my future family to grow up in mekkah or madinah but this never happen simply cause I'm not an arab.

MetSudaisTwice
03-30-2006, 03:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
sheikh shuraim- hes best to carry of the 'yeh what you gonna do to me' effect, but likely theyll suspend him too :rant:
sheikh sudais- good choice not likely hell get suspension :-\
sheikh saleh T- nope hell defo get suspended :rant:
sheikh saleh H- good choice but id be surprised if he does it
sheikh usama- again,good choice but dont know if he would
sheikh subayil-the bomb :coolious:
sheikh hudhaifi- yh good idea,
sheikh salaah-umm they cant suspend
sheikh husayn-he cant get suspended cos hell have his dad and bro on his side (hopefully)
sheikh al qassim-not sure
salam
how come you think SS will get suspended? i reckon SMS has a good chance, why wont they suspend SB? and can you explain sheikh husayn situation?
wasalam

DaSangarTalib
03-30-2006, 03:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Salaam

I'm seriously sick of the saudia gpvermnet, What does islam say about muslim rulers who don't rule according to islamic law?
Fight them i think

mizan_aliashraf
03-30-2006, 03:22 PM
Salam
Sheikh Husayn is an oldie. I dont even think he gives khutbah anymore.
Wassalam

Ghazi
03-30-2006, 03:22 PM
Salaam

Who are these people suspending people, just give me their names, how come the muslims are letting this happen, this is seriously taking it too far I think It's time for a revolution in saudia arabia.

DaSangarTalib
03-30-2006, 03:24 PM
its a sign of Judgement day, and its close now nearly all the minor signs have occured just the major signs left

HeiGou
03-30-2006, 03:24 PM
If I looked up a definition of Khariji I think I would find it was someone who thought that if the rulers did not rule exactly according to Islamic law they were kafirs and could be killed. As opposed to the Sunnis who accepted that the Umayyads were often not good Muslims but it was up to God to change and it was the responsibility of Muslims to obey those in power.

Now I could be wrong about that, but could you explain to me where I am wrong?

mizan_aliashraf
03-30-2006, 03:27 PM
Peace
Whoa there, i did not say they could be killed. I said the one who does not rule according to Allah's revelation is kafir. This is a clear cut issue and regarding the saudi government, there are open fataawa about them being taghoout. So even though i love KSA and Madinah, i hate the leaders, and i hate them for the sake of allah

DaSangarTalib
03-30-2006, 03:28 PM
the saudi leader is just bush's puppet another one is musharaf

S_87
03-30-2006, 03:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
how come you think SS will get suspended? i reckon SMS has a good chance, why wont they suspend SB? and can you explain sheikh husayn situation?
wasalam

cos he got suspended two yrs back, im not sure why they wont suspend sheikh budair :X they just cant
sheikh husain- his dad=grand mufti and i think his bro =minister of islam. um sheikh saleh al sheikh :-\ so they are both in influetial positions

as for saudia govt- the ruling is you dont rebel against the leader if its going to cause chaos and killing of innocents, and unless they show obivious disbelief........ i think :-\

The Messenger of Allaah : "Prophethood will be amongst you for as long as Allaah wills, then Allaah will raise it up when He wills, then there will be Khilaafah upon the way of Prophethood, then Allaah will raise it up when He wills, then there will be biting Kingship, then oppressive Kingship, then Khilaafah upon the way of the Prophethood."
Ahmed, Ibn Hibban

mizan_aliashraf
Salam
If you want to go down that route then there's a whole bunch of leaders i could name, but frankly i dont have the time. Anyway, how have we come from Sheikh Thubaity to George Bush ibn Iblees? Stay on topic inshallah
And i myself dont call the saudi government kuffar. Im just saying that there are people who do. As you rightly stated the hadeeth
Wassalam

MetSudaisTwice
salam
i think they should be should be setting an example to the rest of the muslim countries, they possess the two holy cities, Makkah and Madinah, it is the birthplace of islam, so saudi should really be setting a good example. they have some of the world reknown scholars and sheikhs that have ilm and could easily help/guide the government, but unfortunately that is not the case today
dis SS get suspended two yrs ago?
wasalam

HeiGou
03-30-2006, 03:31 PM
Whoa there, i did not say they could be killed. I said the one who does not rule according to Allah's revelation is kafir. This is a clear cut issue and regarding the saudi government, there are open fataawa about them being taghoout. So even though i love KSA and Madinah, i hate the leaders, and i hate them for the sake of allah
Sorry my mistake. But if they are kafir then they are not Muslims? Aren't they then Apostates and so should be killed? And can be justly killed in Islam?

Who gave the fatwa calling them taghoout?

I don't think anyone would blame you for hating the Saudis. Whether or not it is justifiable to rise in rebellion is another question.

DaSangarTalib
03-30-2006, 03:31 PM
LOL @ George Bush ibn Iblees good one bro

mizan_aliashraf
03-31-2006, 09:08 AM
Salam
The fatwa has been given by many 'ulamaa including even some scholars from saudi itself. Some scholars including Sheikh Abdullah al-Azzam (Rahimullah), Sheikh Yusuf al-Iyairy (Rahimullah) and Sheikh Abdullah al-Jibreen (Rahimullah)
And by the way, what do you notice from the 3 above scholars that is similar?
>
>
>
>
Worked it out yet???????????????????
Yes, they're dead. May Allah accept them and reward them with the firdaus al-a'laa
As the for the current regime, it is still not justified to rebel against them for they are still carrying out parts of the shari'ah. And Allah knows best.
Wassalam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.