/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 2 foetuses recovered from infant girl

Sis786
03-29-2006, 11:02 AM
By Munawer Azeem
Source Dawn News

I heard this and i couldnt believe it a 2yr old baby girl has two dead foetuses inside her..Subhanallah

ISLAMABAD, March 28: Two foetuses were recovered from the abdomen of a two-month-old girl after an operation at the Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (Pims) here on Tuesday. However, the baby expired after seven hours of the operation, the first of its kind in the medical history of the country.

Prof Zahir Abbasi, a paediatric surgeon at Pims told Dawn that the baby girl, Nazia, had been operated upon after various tests, including ultra-sound and X-ray, on suspicion that she had a tumour or water in her abdomen.

The baby was brought to the hospital two weeks ago by her 30- year-old mother, from a village near Abbottabad, after her condition deteriorated.

According to doctors, the physical condition of the baby was weak and she had been continuously vomiting since her birth. The size of her abdomen was large and she had swelling on her body.

The mother of Nazia took the baby to different hospitals with her brothers because her husband worked in the Middle East.

Finally they brought the baby to the Children Hospital, Pims, suspecting that she had a tumour in her abdomen.

A team of doctors after the two-hour operation removed from the baby’s abdomen a mass weighing one kg with organs like liver, intestine, and kidney.

Two foetuses were extracted from the mass – one of six inches and the other of five inches .

The six-inch foetus had a backbone, pair of hands and legs, head and some other organs, while the five-inch foetus also had these organs, but not a head.

Nazia was shifted to the ICU ward soon after the operation in a Critical condition and she was put on ventilators, the doctor said, adding that her lungs were not working.

Prof Abbasi said that it was a rare case with only one or two cases were recorded in the medical history. Some 30-40 years ago, two foetuses had been recovered from a baby girl and in that case also, the baby didn’t survive the operation.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
03-29-2006, 11:06 AM
Two foetuses were recovered from the abdomen of a two-month-old girl after an operation
Two foetuses were extracted from the mass – one of six inches and the other of five inches .
"Such are the Signs of Allah, which We rehearse to thee in Truth; then in what exposition will they believe after Allah and His Signs? "

Qur'an, Surah 45, Verse 6

Sahabiyaat
03-29-2006, 01:05 PM
it may be the first such incident in pakistan but this has happend before
where the egg is fertilised by more than one sperm resulting in multiple foetuses, but the developmental process goes wrong, where the growing cells of one foetus encase another and so grow inside the other foetus.

Muezzin
03-29-2006, 01:08 PM
I'm gonna get killed for this, but when I heard of 'babies within babies' I immediately thought of this:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sahabiyaat
03-29-2006, 01:09 PM
tut tut
cant see the picture but whatever it is it cant be good

Muezzin
03-29-2006, 01:11 PM
Russian Dolls.

Sister_6038
03-29-2006, 01:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Russian Dolls.
lolol

Bittersteel
03-29-2006, 01:24 PM
I have a bad feeling about this.
*Feels a great disturbance in the Force*

MetSudaisTwice
03-29-2006, 01:25 PM
salam
subhanallah
may allah protect and guide us all
wasalam

Muezzin
03-29-2006, 01:25 PM
Ameen, MST.

format_quote Originally Posted by Abrar
You sure you're not preggers?

------
03-29-2006, 01:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abrar
Ooooooooooooook den not anuva star war-er :rollseyes

Snowflake
03-29-2006, 01:28 PM
^lol@russian dolls

Well this has happened b4 as sis muslimahimprovin mentioned.

However this incident reminds me of a hadith on signs of the End, which says something about 12 year old girls becoming grandmothers. Well some have already become mothers. And we notice children are reaching pubety younger and younger. I wonder if that will eventually go down to the ages of 5-6. So if the daughter of a 12 year old will give birth at that age, that'll make the 12 yr old a granny!

Scary but not impossible.

p.s soz for goin off topic :P

afriend2
03-29-2006, 05:07 PM
salaam,

subhanAllah!

whatever Allah commands.....:)

and the little girl has such a nice name! lol Nazia! :statisfie :okay:

wassalam

Sis786
03-30-2006, 07:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
subhanallah
may allah protect and guide us all
wasalam
Aameen

Its has happened before i cant remember whether it was in America but a little boy had his twin brothers fetus inside him. It seems like this Girl from pakistan was part of Triplets but something went wrong.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.