/* */

PDA

View Full Version : y are soo.............against dogs?

Helena
03-29-2006, 11:07 AM
:sl:

i'm really curious..............wots the story behind dogs..............y do we always runaway wen we see one?............................ are we allowed to keep dogs as pet?( well neva).....

All i know if we are touched by the dog..... we become nafaq! So wots with dogs?:? :? :?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Qurratul Ayn
03-29-2006, 11:10 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

I don't know Sister helena but I do know that there is this special dog amongst followers who will go to Jannah with them and they are sleeping on a mountain and when the Day of Judgement comes they shall be risen again like evryone, the story is in the Qur'an I think it is called Surah Kaff and please forgive me if I got the name wrong or any other information.

Assalamu Alaikum
Shakirah

Sis786
03-29-2006, 11:10 AM
Isnt beacuse they dirty animals and therefore if you go near a dog you are impure.. As for keeping it you may do so if its for your protection so as a guard dog...

We have one for our house which is situated in the middle of a bad neighbourhood,

Helena
03-29-2006, 11:13 AM

jazaks for all da info dogs...... i'll def read the translation of surah kaff inshalah! anymore views???? pagal kuri i dont understand was he around the time supersticious or was he one? but hw can he be one? am i gettig wrong understanding of this! help

:w: :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
HeiGou
03-29-2006, 11:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sis786
Isnt beacuse they dirty animals and therefore if you go near a dog you are impure.. As for keeping it you may do so if its for your protection so as a guard dog...

We have one for our house which is situated in the middle of a bad neighbourhood,
Isn't that reasoning backwards? Where in the Quran does it say that dogs are dirty animals, and while they are dirty up to a point, are they really more so than other animals?

There are so many ahadith to do with dogs. I never knew.

Look at the Sahih Bukhari alone,

Complete Sahih Bukhari

001.004.173 001.004.174 001.004.175 001.009.490 001.009.493 001.010.509 001.012.785 003.029.054 003.029.055 003.034.270 003.034.299 003.034.439 003.034.440 003.036.482 003.039.515 003.039.516 003.040.551 003.043.646 003.047.762 003.047.791 003.047.792 004.052.247 004.054.448 004.054.450 004.054.531 004.054.532 004.054.538 004.054.539 004.054.541 004.054.542 004.056.673 005.057.050 005.059.338 007.063.252 007.063.258 007.063.259 007.067.384 007.067.385 007.067.389 007.067.390 007.067.391 007.071.607 007.071.656 007.072.829 007.072.833 007.072.843 007.072.845 008.073.038 009.086.105

E'jaazi
03-29-2006, 11:18 AM
Submitted for your info:

ALSALAAM ALAIKUM

I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT KEEPING PETS IN THE HOUSE.I KNOW THAT THE KALB(DOG)IS CONSIDERED NIJASA, BUT I DON'T KNOW WHY.

I REMEMBER A SECTION IN THE Qur'an WHERE THE PROPHET PEACE BE UPON HIM ONCE GAVE A THIRSTY DOG WATER TO DRINK OR SOMETHING TO THAT EFFECT.

COULD YOU PLEASE ELABORATE.

THANK YOU

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

According to Islaamic Sharee’ah, it is not permitted to keep a dog except within narrowly-defined limits, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) explained: "Whoever keeps a dog, his good deeds will decrease every day by one qeeraat (a unit of measurement), unless it is a dog for farming or herding." According to another report: ". . . unless it is a dog for herding sheep, farming or hunting." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, al-Fath, 2322)

Dogs are extremely naajis (impure, unclean). The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "If a dog drinks from the vessel of any one of you, let him wash it seven times" (reported by Muslim, no. 279). According to another report: ". . . and clean it the eighth time with earth." (Saheeh Muslim, no. 280).

It is forbidden in Islaam to sell a dog and to receive payment for it, as is reported in Saheeh al-Bukhaari from Abu Mas’oud al-Ansaari: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade (accepting) the price of a dog. (al-Fath, no. 2237)

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us not to resemble dogs by placing our forearms on the ground during sujood (prostration), as in reported in the hadeeth narrated by Anas ibn Maalik, according to which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Do sujood properly; none of you should spread his forearms like a dog does." (al-Bukhaari, Fath, no. 822).

Whoever keeps a dog in his house is denied the blessing of the angels’ presence in his house, as the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "The angels do not enter a house in which there is a dog." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 3225).

Keeping dogs nowadays is the habit of the kuffaar, who adopt them as friends, kiss them, let them lick them and their clothes, sleep with them and even leave them money in their wills. Keeping a dog is an imitation of the kuffaar. Some Muslims may claim that they need to keep a dog at home for purposes of protection, to which we respond that nowadays there are burglar alarm systems and other measures one may take for security purposes, and there is no need to keep a dog, praise be to Allaah.

It only remains for us to say that the fact that it is forbidden to keep a dog and interect closely with it does not mean that we should not be kind or feel compassion towards dogs if we see them in a pitiful state. These are two entirely separate matters. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us that "a man saw a dog biting the dust because of thirst, so he took his shoe and started to scoop water up with it until the dog’s thirst was quenched. Allaah appreciated his good deed and granted him entry to Paradise for it." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, no. 174).

According to another report, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Whilst a man was walking he became very thirsty, so he went down to a well and drank from it. When he came out, he saw a dog panting and biting the soil because of thirst. The man said, ‘He is suffering the same as I suffered,’ so he filled his shoe (with water), came out and let the dog drink until his thirst was quenched. Allaah appreciated his good deed and forgave him because of it." The people asked, "O Messenger of Allaah, will we be rewarded for how we treat animals?" He said, "In every living thing there is a reward." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, Fath, no. 2363).

We do not want to omit reminding you of the importance of reading the Qur’aan properly and referring to it. You say in your question that the story of the thirsty dog is in the Qur’aan, and that is not the case, as it is reported in the Sunnah.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid (www.islam-qa.com)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sis786
03-29-2006, 11:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by HeiGou
Isn't that reasoning backwards? Where in the Quran does it say that dogs are dirty animals, and while they are dirty up to a point, are they really more so than other animals?
Firstly HeiGou i think you need to double glaze your reading glasses as i never said that i quoted from the Quran...

IbnAbdulHakim
03-29-2006, 11:28 AM
the prophet saws said the black dog is the shaytaan.

Book 004, Number 1032:
Abu Dharr reported: The Messenger of 'Allah (may peace be upon him) said: When any one of you stands for prayer and there is a thing before him equal to the back of the saddle that covers him and in case there is not before him (a thing) equal to the back of the saddle, his prayer would be cut off by (passing of an) ass, woman, and black Dog. I said: O Abu Dharr, what feature is there in a black dog which distinguish it from the red dog and the yellow dog? He said: O, son of my brother, I asked the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) as you are asking me, and he said: The black dog is a devil.

from SAHIH MUSLIM

this is why i dislike black dogz, also coz there jus plain nasty wen they stik there toungues out, thats jus sik, especially wen they openly do there business newhere!!! cats dont do that!!! nasty dogs!!!!

- Qatada -
03-29-2006, 11:59 AM
:salamext:

http://muttaqun.com/dogs.html

:wasalamex

north_malaysian
03-30-2006, 03:51 AM
For some mazhab, dogs are unclean, but still it's NOT A SIN TO TOUCH ONE. U just need to clean yourselves after holding a dog. I love dogs because they are faithful to human being.

Mainul_Islam
03-30-2006, 04:38 AM
i've heard/read its the saliva of the dog that is harmful so we are ordered to stay away...

IbnAbdulHakim
04-02-2006, 09:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
For some mazhab, dogs are unclean, but still it's NOT A SIN TO TOUCH ONE. U just need to clean yourselves after holding a dog. I love dogs because they are faithful to human being.
do u also love a dog wen he licks ur face, dribbles all over and poo's on ur front yard?

Umm Yoosuf
04-02-2006, 10:09 PM

Have anyone of you read the link presented? I think you should. It answeres all your questions:)

format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

Mainul_Islam
04-02-2006, 11:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
do u also love a dog wen he licks ur face, dribbles all over and poo's on ur front yard?

i hope not.. because, beware:

http://www.freewebtown.com/XBlaster/...Commercial.wmv

Mohammed Bilal
04-02-2006, 11:03 PM
IM not sure

north_malaysian
04-03-2006, 04:50 AM

Yeah, why not .... they are just like the cats.

BUT I REALLY HATE if a man licks my face, dribbles all over and poo's on my front yard.;D

Qurratul Ayn
04-03-2006, 11:58 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Well, if a Muslim Brother or Sister touches a dog, they should clean themselves and take a bath before reading Salah.

Assalamu Alaikum
Shakirah

IbnAbdulHakim
04-05-2006, 03:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Yeah, why not .... they are just like the cats.

BUT I REALLY HATE if a man licks my face, dribbles all over and poo's on my front yard.;D
lol man what happened to being all clean!!!!! :sl:

strider
04-05-2006, 03:53 PM
Assalamu alaikum

I'm not scared of dogs. Actually, i quite like them. Especially labradors. :wub:

Ma'assalama

IbnAbdulHakim
04-05-2006, 03:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by strider
Assalamu alaikum

I'm not scared of dogs. Actually, i quite like them. Especially labradors. :wub:

Ma'assalama
:offended: :grumbling :rant: naaasty! i hate labradors the way they walk around like the own the trees ;D

HeiGou
04-05-2006, 03:56 PM
:offended: :grumbling :rant: naaasty! i hate labradors the way they walk around like the own the trees ;D
How can you hate labradors? Pit bulls I can see. Poodles I understand. Don't even get me started on chihuahuas. But Labradors?

------
04-05-2006, 03:59 PM
Why not labradors...:?

IbnAbdulHakim
04-05-2006, 03:59 PM
How can you hate labradors? Pit bulls I can see. Poodles I understand. Don't even get me started on chihuahuas. But Labradors?
i dunno, i jus cant get myself to like somethin which goes in public... mayb if the owners put on a nappy for them i could understand and mayb even think there ok.... lol but then i cant stop picturing them wiv there toungues out :grumbling

lol :peace:

j4763
04-05-2006, 04:13 PM
What about guide dogs?

IbnAbdulHakim
04-05-2006, 04:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by j4763
What about guide dogs?
are they trained to go only wen inside?.... but they still stik there toungues out :grumbling

hmm, i hope no1 ever goes into the state where they hav to use guidedogs :(!

There should always be a "person" to help out the blind

:peace:

Sahfiya
04-05-2006, 04:22 PM
tell u da truth most people are scared of dogs, only because theri parents frightend them when they were small, so when they grow up they still have fear of them

HeiGou
04-05-2006, 04:24 PM
i dunno, i jus cant get myself to like somethin which goes in public... mayb if the owners put on a nappy for them i could understand and mayb even think there ok.... lol but then i cant stop picturing them wiv there toungues out :grumbling
I admit I have a problem with drooling dogs, especially Labradors. But as for the nappy thing - come on man - horses go in public. So do sheep. Lions. Wild buffalo. Eagles. I admit dogs can be a bit much, but I like horses and it has never bothered me before.

j4763
04-05-2006, 04:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahfiya
tell u da truth most people are scared of dogs, only because theri parents frightend them when they were small, so when they grow up they still have fear of them
I would guess most people who are brought up with a dog in the family have very little fear of dogs (i for one, although i perfer cats).

j4763
04-05-2006, 04:26 PM
I admit I have a problem with drooling dogs, especially Labradors. But as for the nappy thing - come on man - horses go in public. So do sheep. Lions. Wild buffalo. Eagles. I admit dogs can be a bit much, but I like horses and it has never bothered me before.
I often see horse poop in the streets around london, which the police ride (i bet they dont get fined for there mess).

HeiGou
04-05-2006, 04:26 PM
are they trained to go only wen inside?.... but they still stik there toungues out :grumbling

hmm, i hope no1 ever goes into the state where they hav to use guidedogs :(!

There should always be a "person" to help out the blind
But on the plus side, blind people can't see them do it!

Guide dogs are usually highly trained so they not only won't do it anywhere near you, they will often do it in a tray like a cat. Besides when it comes to that sort of thing dogs are fairly responsible - they prefer to do it far from home, never in their kennels, and if they are not walked, on the far edge of their territory.

------
04-05-2006, 05:42 PM
But what does Islam say about 'Guide' Dogs?

- Qatada -
04-05-2006, 05:46 PM

“A dog can be owned for purposes such as the following:

1. A trained dog for hunting. Remember in Islam we are only allowed to hunt for food; there is no such thing as hunting for fun, for we are not allowed to kill or torture animals or drive them out of their habitats for the fun of it.

2. A trained dog as a guide. This would be the case if a person is blind and he/she has no choice but to keep a dog for essential services. In this case, it is permissible for him/her to keep a dog inside the house once it has been trained for service, but it is still recommended that the dog have its own sleeping arrangement.

3. A dog trained for police duties.

4. A guard dog to guard houses or property.

5. A dog used by farmers to shepherd cattle and sheep.

more info.
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503547226

Allah Almighty knows best.

------
04-05-2006, 05:52 PM
Jazakallah sis :thumbs_up

libyanhero
04-05-2006, 05:57 PM
anyone heard of this hadith before

Abu Tha`labah al-Khushni says that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) says: “The jinn are of three types: a type that has wings and they fly through the air; a type that looks like snakes and dogs; and a type that stops for a rest then resumes its journey.” (Reported by At-Tahawi in Mushkil Al-’Athar)

and its known that angels dont enter a house with dogs

- Qatada -
04-05-2006, 06:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by libyanhero
anyone heard of this hadith before

Abu Tha`labah al-Khushni says that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) says: “The jinn are of three types: a type that has wings and they fly through the air; a type that looks like snakes and dogs; and a type that stops for a rest then resumes its journey.” (Reported by At-Tahawi in Mushkil Al-’Athar)

and its known that angels dont enter a house with dogs

Hadith - Bukhari 3:515, Narrated Abu Huraira (r.a)

I heard Allah's Apostle (peace and blessings be upon him and his family) saying; "Angels (of Mercy) do not enter a house wherein there is a dog or a picture of a living creature (a human being or an animal)."

Narration - Reported by al-Tahhaawi in Mushkil al-Athaar, 4/95, and by al-Tabaraani in al-Kabeer, 22/214

Abu Tha’labah al-Khushani said: “The Messenger of Allaah May Allah's peace and blessings be on him said: ‘The jinn are of three types: a types that has wings, and they fly through the air; a type that looks like snakes and dogs; and a type that stops for a rest then resumes its journey.” [Shaykh al-Albaani said in al-Mishkaat (2/1206, no. 4148): al-Tahhaawi and Abu’l-Shaykh reported it with a saheeh isnaad]

sources:
http://muttaqun.com/jinn.html

Ghazi
04-05-2006, 06:03 PM
Salaam

Dogs I don't trust them, It must be the fact they don't speak.

libyanhero
04-05-2006, 06:04 PM
Hadith - Bukhari 3:515, Narrated Abu Huraira (r.a)

I heard Allah's Apostle (peace and blessings be upon him and his family) saying; "Angels (of Mercy) do not enter a house wherein there is a dog or a picture of a living creature (a human being or an animal)."
salamu3alaykum does that mean our pictures are a restriction to angels entering our houses

- Qatada -
04-05-2006, 06:06 PM

yup, from the hadith it looks like that.

Check this link out for more hadith, and probably why they disliked so much:
http://muttaqun.com/pictures.html

The Ruler
04-05-2006, 08:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by helena
i'm really curious..............wots the story behind dogs..............y do we always runaway wen we see one?............................ are we allowed to keep dogs as pet?( well neva).....
cuz dey luk like ferocious animals n r stupid.....wudnt know hu to bite....dey jus jump wen any1 passes by :rant:

IbnAbdulHakim
04-05-2006, 10:38 PM
lol ye i love horses!!! wouldnt mind owning one, i'd ride him to work everyday!!! ;D

Sister_6038
04-05-2006, 10:40 PM
lol ye i love horses!!! wouldnt mind owning one, i'd ride him to work everyday!!! ;D

personally i have a preference for camels....wooow such beautiful animals?!!? :D:D

IbnAbdulHakim
04-05-2006, 10:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hatshepsut
personally i have a preference for camels....wooow such beautiful animals?!!? :D:D
camels are cooool!! but i hav this fear of being spat at by one. I seen the way camels spit in cartoons, the spit is like a bullet, if that hits you its game ova!!!!

LOL ;D

Sister_6038
04-05-2006, 10:42 PM
camels are cooool!! but i hav this fear of being spat at by one. I seen the way camels spit in cartoons, the spit is like a bullet, if that hits you its game ova!!!!

LOL ;D

well my family are a bunch of nomads so am kinda used to camels...theyre not that bad and none have ever spat at me :D:D

IbnAbdulHakim
04-05-2006, 10:44 PM
well my family are a bunch of nomads so am kinda used to camels...theyre not that bad and none have ever spat at me :D:D
every1 in this forum makes me envy them in someway :(!! I wanna ride camels!!! cars are gettin boring!!!

Sister_6038
04-05-2006, 10:46 PM
every1 in this forum makes me envy them in someway :(!! I wanna ride camels!!! cars are gettin boring!!!

who says ive ridden one? i dont have the guts thats for that yet thats for the next trip back home :D:D

IbnAbdulHakim
04-05-2006, 10:48 PM
who says ive ridden one? i dont have the guts thats for that yet thats for the next trip back home :D:D
it takes guts??
arent camels those animals that go reeeaaally slow and they go

* up an down n up n down n up n down *. lol its like sum cute seasaw man! man i cant wait 2 go saudI!!!!!

Sister_6038
04-05-2006, 10:52 PM
it takes guts??
arent camels those animals that go reeeaaally slow and they go

* up an down n up n down n up n down *. lol its like sum cute seasaw man! man i cant wait 2 go saudI!!!!!

brother brother camels can run reaaallll fast....theyre amazing animals....woow i think im gonna ask for one inshaAllah :D

The most important of all the animals to Muslims in the time of the prophet pbuh was the camel. Camels were called "the Gift of God" and "the Ships of the Desert". It could live where few other animals could live. It was strong enough to carry heavy loads.

At the time of the Prophet Muhammad, the camel was the most important animal in war. The earliest wars were attacks with warriors mounted on camels' backs. :D:D

IbnAbdulHakim
04-05-2006, 11:04 PM
brother brother camels can run reaaallll fast....theyre amazing animals....woow i think im gonna ask for one inshaAllah :D

The most important of all the animals to Muslims in the time of the prophet pbuh was the camel. Camels were called "the Gift of God" and "the Ships of the Desert". It could live where few other animals could live. It was strong enough to carry heavy loads.

At the time of the Prophet Muhammad, the camel was the most important animal in war. The earliest wars were attacks with warriors mounted on camels' backs. :D:D
wow!!!!! i now hav a new found love for camels! But still, call me weird but i feel guilty wen i get on an animal lol, its like USE UR OWN LEGS U LAZY BEING!!!!

moujahid
04-06-2006, 12:49 AM
dog is a very filthy animal. i would never harm a dog though. they are speechless and innocent. it would be haram to harm or hurt a dog.

Knut Hamsun
04-06-2006, 12:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by moujahid
dog is a very filthy animal. i would never harm a dog though. they are speechless and innocent. it would be haram to harm or hurt a dog.
Filthy? Their saliva is 5 X cleaner than any humans. How are they filthy?

moujahid
04-06-2006, 01:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Knut Hamsun
Filthy? Their saliva is 5 X cleaner than any humans. How are they filthy?
may be your saliva

IbnAbdulHakim
04-06-2006, 10:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by moujahid
may be your saliva
HAHAHA, they eat nasty stuff, chew on dirty bones, lik themselves and there saliva is cleaner. Nice knut humson shud start chewin on dirty dry bones LOL

;D

04-06-2006, 10:20 AM
:? Also i've heard that dogs don't sweat so they don't get rid if toxins that way and are thus impure. But i don't how how reliable that is.

HeiGou
04-06-2006, 10:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asma1
:? Also i've heard that dogs don't sweat so they don't get rid if toxins that way and are thus impure. But i don't how how reliable that is.
Dogs "sweat" through their tongues and hence the drooling problem. If they get really hot they will put their faces and paws in water and splash a little.

Not that anyone gets rid of toxins through their sweat.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-06-2006, 10:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by A'ishah
......droolin dogs;D yea..
but i personally fink dogs r so cute. not all though. once a stray dog ran after my brother...and my bro ran sooo fassstt the poor dog got confused:giggling: . i heard ur not supposed 2 run othrwise a dog finks ur playin an they run after u...YEA watevr!
actually u know wat it is...a dog doesnt hav sweat glands ovr their body like we do. they sweat from ther mouth.and it has certain germs that dont go way wiv soap.cant remembr proparly now, but yeah.. thts y they stick ther tongue out...so wen they lick u.....its kinda gross:heated: especially on tha face
so wen a dog licks us or watevr ur supposed to wash ur hands wiv earth.mite sound abit dumb, if u know wat i mean ..but now scientists r discoverin that earth has certain germ killin qualities
welldone now i think dogs are that much sikker! like i didnt think there sik enuff! man i'd rather hav a pet rat!... lol

IbnAbdulHakim
04-06-2006, 10:47 AM
hey i also heard that scentists r discoverin that saliva has certain healin qualities.....wer they talkin bout animal saliva or was it human:?

cant remember now. but som peopl put ther spit on mosqitto bites....
scientists also say urine causes jelly fish stings to go away.
but rememba the prophet saws applied his saliva onto abu bakr (ra) feet wen he got bit by the snake.
i think saliva mayb duz hav healing capabilities :p

IbnAbdulHakim
04-06-2006, 11:12 AM
LOL ....hav u seen 'CATS AND DOGS'.... a movie wer th cats wer th bady agents and they wanted all of mankind 2 b alergic 2 dogs.....and the dogs wer th good agents ...;D REALLY VERY FUNNY 2 SEE ANIMALS IN COMBAT!
i dont watch movies :X :statisfie

lol :) but still there are some of those slyyyy cheeky lookin catzz!! hey i wud gladly help out a cat/dog/cow/camel/sheep in need, there all Allahs creatures right, its jus there kinda nasty at times :p

IbnAbdulHakim
04-06-2006, 11:29 AM
URINE...:? jeez now i know wat peopl mean wen they say that evrything in life has a an advantage and a disadvantage...and those peopl who see the advantage r blessed....yea but urine, thats jus totally gross:giggling:

talkin of urine did u know that th devil urinates in a persons ear if they dont get up 4 ther mornin prayers. most scholar says it means actual urine..as th devil eats, drinks etc so they urinate too. THAT IS SOOO GROSSS!!!!! :heated: ......mayb this will make us get up 4 our mornin prayers;D ;D
ive known this for a loooong time now lol, its what my bro says everyday wen he smaks me awake for fajr lol ;D. Also i always say bismillah in everything i do coz i believe the devil will ruin what u do if u dont say bismillah! lol did u kno the devil ties three knots unto you as u sleep, you break one wen u wake up for fajr and rememba Allah, u break another when u make wudhu, and u break another when u pray :thumbs_up

:sl: :)

PS: The black dog is the shaytaan

Ayesha Rana
04-06-2006, 11:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shakirah
Assalamu Alaikum

I don't know Sister helena but I do know that there is this special dog amongst followers who will go to Jannah with them and they are sleeping on a mountain and when the Day of Judgement comes they shall be risen again like evryone, the story is in the Qur'an I think it is called Surah Kaff and please forgive me if I got the name wrong or any other information.

Assalamu Alaikum
Shakirah
Assalamu-alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatu

Yes sister there is a Dog which Allah shall place into Jannah Insha'Allah and it is mentioned in Surah Al-Kahf which is about the companions of the cave.
There were a group of people who escaped from their homes during the night to leave the city because their King was a kafir and did not allow them to worship Allah. They hid in a cave and slept whilst their dog slept in the entrance and guarded them. Allah kept them asleep for about 300 years and when they awoke they sent someone out to buy them some food. By this time the place in which they lived had a muslim ruler and the people of the city realised that they had been asleep for so long because of their old currency and knew it was a miracle from Allah. It was their dog that will be the dog of Jannah Insha'Allah.

Ayesha Rana
04-06-2006, 11:39 AM

You had better treat it properly cos they are very intelligent and are known to chase their owners if they are mistreated. Oh and my father said they sit on you while you are asleep if you have upset them. These guys keep some grudge.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-06-2006, 11:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ayesha Rana

You had better treat it properly cos they are very intelligent and are known to chase their owners if they are mistreated. Oh and my father said they sit on you while you are asleep if you have upset them. These guys keep some grudge.
;D ;D ;D

i respect you for saying all of the above and not showing one single ;D
lol
i would never think about mistreating an animal, i'll stroke the camel nicely, den after gettin up i'll ask it if im too fat for it, then i'll get off every now n den n walk besides it and stroke it somemore..... den wen it goes to sleep i'll SIT ON IT HAHA ;D

na jus kiddin, camels seem too loyal to treat badly. Lets not forget the camel who was instructed to not move from his position, he got beaten severely and still due to the order he recieved he hadnt moved.

Hmm... i forgot where this came from, or who gave the order.... duz ne1 kno wat im talking about??

IbnAbdulHakim
04-06-2006, 11:48 AM
yup iv heard it all......sprinkling watr also helps...tried it on my brothr once...lets jus say he sceamed so much the whole house..and th whol neighbourhood,was up 4 fajr;D ;D
Alhamdullilah :)

also dogs tend to bark at weird times. My fufu's hav a theory that they can sence the shaytaan and jinn. Is this true??

IbnAbdulHakim
04-06-2006, 11:59 AM
[QUOTE=A'ishah;245079]
i dont watch movies :X :statisfie

i knew u wud say that;D boy, was i right
but seriously...no serious..u nevr watch movies..
2 tell ya th truth neithr do i...........well sometimes:okay:
my sister keeps buggin me tho. Shes always sayin plzzzz lets jus watch a movie lol. Im like you can watch it, yes go on watch filthy ladies and filthy men, watch the deception of todays society. and then she feels too :X :statisfie to watch it LOL. Man im bad!!! :sl:

Qurratul Ayn
04-06-2006, 12:16 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Yes what Sister A'ishah siad or more like written is true. That is why if you have a neighbour who ahs a dog they start barking at night (the dog not the neighbour!). So there pretty much maybe an evil Jinn.

Assalamu Alaikum
Shakirah

P.S. All sorts of animals can see Jinns because Allah Ta'ala has given Noor in their eyes even though they do be afraid they are strong to withstand the horror as Allah the Almighty has given them the strength.

Hijaabi22
04-06-2006, 08:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by helena

All i know if we are touched by the dog..... we become nafaq! So wots with dogs?:? :? :?

Dogs.........URRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH

No offence to any1.....anyways y shud there be none of u lot are dogs r ya lol

I cant stnd doggies

filthy animals!!

Z
04-06-2006, 08:27 PM
Salaam.

Some people like them. Some don't. Why is it so hard to understand?

IbnAbdulHakim
04-06-2006, 08:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Z
Salaam.

Some people like them. Some don't. Why is it so hard to understand?
its not

PS: u sound pesimistic bro, a bit too pesimistic.

Sister_6038
04-06-2006, 08:31 PM
dogs are ok for some and not for others....but hey theres many other kinds of pets....:D:D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.