/* */

PDA

View Full Version : hi

HizBullah
04-23-2005, 08:37 PM
hi, im not new here but i think i joined like the first couple of weeks this board was created but just never posted.

recently ive been getting less and less involved with Islam because i find that there are too many rules and whenever i break tiny ones (intentionally or unintentionally) my elders get extrememly mad and flip out at me, and yeah, even if i try to explain to them that i am who i am, they dont accept it and give me 3 hour lectures every time about how i must be a good muslim yada yada yada, you know what i mean.

so really, im very depressed now and i feel so distant from Islam because i feel like im constantly letting people around me down. right now i feel as if ive got 2 options. 1) leave my parents' house and leave islam 2) kill myself

helluva way to introduce myself eh? anyways, do any of you have any advice for me?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Z
04-23-2005, 08:45 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

Welcome dear brother, I feel your pain. Both options are of no good, they'll both lead you into the Hellfire, what good is that?

Brother, Allah loves the patient, and those who try and strive, regardless of the crap they get. Insha Allah if you could make another topic in a more suitable forum, maybe even describe your problem more, and insha Allah we shall try help you. The Brothers forum will be a good place.

Intro? More like a mini bio brother. :D

Ra`eesah
04-23-2005, 09:07 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

Welcome to Li brother this is Nasheed to wlecome you.

Brother alhamdulillaah u started to post you came to the right place think of this as being a sign from Allah into finding comfert from your Brothers and Sisters in Islam. I am sure u will get alot of support for all the members here on LI because we all try to help each other out. now you are a part of this forum not only that but also apart of this family.

we all go through hard times throughout life, however if you are not with the right company you will go through much worse. i know deep down inside you u dont want to do any of those two options, but you feel that its the only way, and its not. Inshallah you will change your mind and we are here for you.

:wilted_ro

*charisma*
04-23-2005, 09:21 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME TO THE FORUM EKHI!!!!!!!!!:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):): ):):)

HOPE U ENJOY UR STAY INSHALLAH!

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Bint Abdusattar
04-23-2005, 10:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HizBullah
hi, im not new here but i think i joined like the first couple of weeks this board was created but just never posted.

recently ive been getting less and less involved with Islam because i find that there are too many rules and whenever i break tiny ones (intentionally or unintentionally) my elders get extrememly mad and flip out at me, and yeah, even if i try to explain to them that i am who i am, they dont accept it and give me 3 hour lectures every time about how i must be a good muslim yada yada yada, you know what i mean.

so really, im very depressed now and i feel so distant from Islam because i feel like im constantly letting people around me down. right now i feel as if ive got 2 options. 1) leave my parents' house and leave islam 2) kill myself

helluva way to introduce myself eh? anyways, do any of you have any advice for me?
:sl:
Welcome to the forum again dear brother. Depression is a state that one gets into without realizing but coming out of it can be a slow process as it has to run it's course. This state should not take you away from Islam rather you can try ways to get closer to it. first seek help thru patience and prayer - patience meaning that even iin these states donot forget Allah. Allah SWT puts us in these situations to test us. Your ordeals with the parentals is a typical example - donot succumb to the shaytan by failing the test dear brother. Understand that Allah is closer to you than your jugular vein annd talk to Him. Strengthen yuor relationship with Him and you will see that you don't let people down around you but you actually strengthen themm by being there. People like parents - well we can't shout and be rude to them no matter how wrong they are. if your relationship is strong with them then you can advice them - but don't give advice while they are angry, wait till they are in a good mood. I could go on and on brother - you need more help just say - DO remeber this verse of the Qur'an: Surah Mulk:2 "He who created life and death so that He may test you to see which of you do the best of deeds"

:w: :sister:

Ansar Al-'Adl
04-23-2005, 11:56 PM
:sl: and welcome to the forum. I can understand your postion and I hope you will discuss it with us, insha'Allah as you may find some very good advice from our members. I would suggest discussing it by making a thread on "depression" under the "basics of Islam" section.

Until then, please consider the following verse:

29:1-3 Alif Lâm Mîm.
Does mankind think that they will be left alone because they say: "We believe," and will not be tested.
And We indeed tested those who were before them. And Allâh will certainly make (it) known (the truth of) those who are true, and will certainly make (it) known (the falsehood of) those who are liars, (although Allâh knows all that before putting them to test).

4:29 And do not kill yourselves: for verily Allah hath been to you Most Merciful!

39:53 Say: "O My slaves, who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allâh, verily Allâh forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

:w:

Far7an
04-24-2005, 12:45 AM
Welcome to LI

Genius
04-24-2005, 01:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kerned Indian
Asalamu Alaikum

Welcome dear brother, I feel your pain. Both options are of no good, they'll both lead you into the Hellfire, what good is that?

Brother, Allah loves the patient, and those who try and strive, regardless of the crap they get. Insha Allah if you could make another topic in a more suitable forum, maybe even describe your problem more, and insha Allah we shall try help you. The Brothers forum will be a good place.

Intro? More like a mini bio brother. :D
Simply put bro, you're not Muslim because you're trying to impress your elders, you're Muslim because you want to please Allah.

It is inherent for humans to sin as we are not perfect but Allah is all merciful. Don't let these people get in the way of you practicing your religon, on the day of judgment they won't be answering on your behalf it is you who recounts your deeds.

HizBullah
04-24-2005, 11:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Genius
Simply put bro, you're not Muslim because you're trying to impress your elders, you're Muslim because you want to please Allah.

It is inherent for humans to sin as we are not perfect but Allah is all merciful. Don't let these people get in the way of you practicing your religon, on the day of judgment they won't be answering on your behalf it is you who recounts your deeds.

Jazak'Allah Khair for answering intelligently. I really appreciate that advice. thanks.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!