/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Brelvi Anthem Mustafa Jane Rehmat

Andaraawus
03-29-2006, 07:11 PM
As-salamu alaykum

please would somebody be able to translate this verse from Raza Khans Mustafa Jane Rehmat poem

Ghaus e Azam Imam ut Tuqa wa n nuqa jalwehe shane qudrat pe lakhon salaam.

wasalams

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Far7an
03-29-2006, 08:14 PM
wa alaikumusalaam
It means

"The Ghauth al-A'dham, who is Imaam of Taqwaa and Nuqaa - who has a might station, and power - be upon him many (lit. thousands) of salaams."

Can I ask, why you asked for this?

Andaraawus
03-29-2006, 08:16 PM
Thank you for that

is this translation correct?

Ghaus e Azam, Imam of saints and the pious, a million of salutations on him who was divine by nature. (Sirat ul Muslimin, Tahara Edition, pg.39)

Andaraawus
03-29-2006, 08:24 PM
Sorry i didnt answer youre question

What it is i have grew up in a brelvi community , married into a brelvi family and have been standing in respect for the Holy Prophet saws every friday whilst they recite this poem i now label 'the brelvi anthem' howver i stopped doing it because to tell you the truth i have really had it up to my teeth with pakistani Muslims forcing their culture upon me. so i decided to stop doing that because i thought i dont have to sing an urdu naat every friday to respect the Prophet saws, there are other ways.

In result of this they started labelling me Wahabie and making fun out of me so i decided to study a few things, i have asked again and again to brelvi urdu speakers to translate the poem but they all say their urdu is too poor to transalte it and that the urdu contained in the poem is tooo rich.

However today i was flicking through a brelvi magazine and it gave this translation for one of the verse and i was like WHAAAT!!!!!

Ghaus e Azam, Imam of saints and the pious, a million of salutations on him who was divine by nature. (Sirat ul Muslimin, Tahara Edition, pg.39)

So if it says what it says im no longer praying behing their Imams

Wasalams

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Far7an
03-29-2006, 08:34 PM
:sl:

Your translation is somewhat similar.

Before I say anything, I am not a barelwi, nor am I a barelwi supporter but a few things should be made clear.

Because it is a translation, you have to analyse each word. Find out what was meant, what was intended, what are they referring to and then issue some conclusion. It would not be wise for us to be judge, jury and executioner on the first translated line.

Andaraawus
03-29-2006, 08:42 PM
o believe me im definitely going to ask around

Believer5
04-04-2006, 11:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Andaraawus
o believe me im definitely going to ask around
ask on this barelwi forum: http://www.yanabi.com/forum/

waji
04-04-2006, 06:15 PM
i have heard and it and there was time when i also use to recite it after Friday prayer but they didn't use those words of "Gous e Azam"
This is a kind of love and respect they show to Hazarat Muhammad(S.A.W) and the same way they do other things like kissing their thum and touching them to their eye when their hear the name of Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) and what they explain is this act is of Hazarat Adam when he was shown the pic of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) on his thum and that was love so this is also love when i say to my family that their is better way of expressing love and affection to Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) by saying Darood and their is a Hadith too on it but a long debate they do it .........
and now they call me too Wahabie ...
i don't know why they go after what their parents did but not go after the sunnah
May Allah Give show them the right Path
:w:

Genius
04-04-2006, 06:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Andaraawus
As-salamu alaykum

please would somebody be able to translate this verse from Raza Khans Mustafa Jane Rehmat poem

Ghaus e Azam Imam ut Tuqa wa n nuqa jalwehe shane qudrat pe lakhon salaam.

wasalams
What are you ethnically speaking?

Aashiq e Rasul
04-05-2006, 02:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
btw... who wrote tht "anthem" ? :?
it seems all praise n salaams being sent to Ahmed raza khan ONLY. :brother:
do they recite this poem every fridays ? :?
how is it "in respect for the Prophet saws" ?
its all praises for the Berelwi founder... not prophet saws :-\

Have you read the poem akhi?
Here are some translated verses.

Unlimited blessings on the Seal of Prophethood
Millions of salutations on the end of the era of Messengers (13)

Millions of salutations on one crowned with success
Before whom the kings silently stood to attention (34)

The bridegroom garlanded with powers of intercession
Millions of salutations on his immensely good nature (40)

Millions of salutations on that enriching glance
Which brought life in whichever direction it turned (45)

The blessed mouth whose every word was a revelation from Allah
Millions of salutations on the fountain of knowledge and wisdom (55)

The tongue which was the key to all the orders of Allah
Millions of salutations on its well-established governance (58)

Millions of salutations on the seal of Prophethood
Which abides like the Black Stone of the Ka'ba in the heart (66)

He owned the whole world yet fed on barley bread alone
Millions of salutations on that contented appetite (76)

The beautiful moment when Tayba's moon shone bright
Millions of salutations on that joy-filling moment of his birth (81)

A billion salutations on him from his Lord
Millions of salutations on his companions and offspring (108)

Complete blessings on those who tread the spiritual Path
Millions of salutations on those who live by the Sacred Law (153)

I am not the only one with a claim in his mercy
Millions of salutations on all the followers of that king (167)
Wsalaam

Sis786
04-05-2006, 02:50 PM
My Husband joined that Forum Ya Nabi to question these people about thier knowledge and why they followed the "Belvri Crew" and instead he got banned personally Bro i dont get involved i think that my family is mostly Wahabi but i just follow the teachings of the Quran and the Hadith of the Prophet SAW

Islamicboy
04-05-2006, 03:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by saufia
ask on this barelwi forum: http://www.yanabi.com/forum/
Salamalikum
I suggest dont go on that site its filled with hate for muslims and there is a lot of fitna on that site becareful of these types of site.

nicemale
04-05-2006, 03:29 PM
i suggest u all if u want to understand baralvi wahabi problems u must read a book written by moulana yousuf ludhiyanvi (from pakistan) name of book is ........... ikhtilaf_e_ummet our siraat_e_mustaqeem...... i have red this book n got answeres of almost all quistions..

Mohsin
04-05-2006, 03:37 PM
Lol but every one of his points have een refuted by Tariq Jameel.
I think this thread should be closed down since we're arguing about sects rather than about unity

Islamicboy
04-05-2006, 03:41 PM
I really think we shouldnt be the ones making judgement about others. we are judged upon indiviual deeds not a whole sect deeds i dont know why people use labels such as beralvi and Wahabi. Its sad how some people will use the word Wahabi as a swear word knowing this is a name of Allaah. When a person is misguided we should try to bring him back to the truth but if they still reject the truth then we should leave them alone its waste of time talking to a person who is rejecting Quran And Sunnah. Salamalikum

waji
04-05-2006, 04:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Moss
Lol but every one of his points have een refuted by Tariq Jameel.
I think this thread should be closed down since we're arguing about sects rather than about unity
brother who is this Tariq Jameel. ru talking about the MNA Tariq Jameel who was killed two years back

Mohsin
04-05-2006, 04:33 PM
Tariq jameel's like the most famous scholar in pakistan

He got former pakistani pop singer Junaid Jumshaid back onto the deen, and he's the one that reverted pakistan cricketer Mohammed Yousaf (formerly known as Yousaf Youhana)

He's an urdu speaker, in raiwan a lot, involved with the blessed work of Jamaa't Tabligh, and does regular talks there. Ask anyone in pakistan about him, they won't stop talking about the guy.
Here are some of his lectures :

http://is.aswatalislam.net/DisplayFi...me=Tariq_Jamil

waji
04-05-2006, 05:06 PM

Thanks i got it
well i have met some Tabligh Jamaat person and they also Praise the Book of Mulana Yousuf Ludehyanvi shaheed's Book
so i don't know what Mulana Tariq Jameel said about him

khaledmm123
04-05-2006, 06:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wkas
i have heard and it and there was time when i also use to recite it after Friday prayer but they didn't use those words of "Gous e Azam"
This is a kind of love and respect they show to Hazarat Muhammad(S.A.W) and the same way they do other things like kissing their thum and touching them to their eye when their hear the name of Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) and what they explain is this act is of Hazarat Adam when he was shown the pic of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) on his thum and that was love so this is also love when i say to my family that their is better way of expressing love and affection to Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) by saying Darood and their is a Hadith too on it but a long debate they do it .........
and now they call me too Wahabie ...
i don't know why they go after what their parents did but not go after the sunnah
May Allah Give show them the right Path
:sl: Ameen for the dua bro . here also near my house in most of the mosques every week after friday many muslims recite it .they called me wahabi. and when ever i want to say some thing about it they told me that they dont want to listen any thing by a wahabi.

waji
04-05-2006, 06:29 PM
ur right brother alot of people say that we don't know nothing they know better what is good and what is bad and see now when 12 Rabi ul Awal is coming and how much money they just spend on lighting i always ask do everyone got wealthy there is no more poor people around
why not spend money on them
May Allah show us the right path

Ghazi
04-05-2006, 06:32 PM
Salaam

12 Rabi ul Awal
Whats so special about this

waji
04-05-2006, 06:36 PM
The day Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) came to this world

Ghazi
04-05-2006, 06:39 PM
The day Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) came to this world
Salaam

Any proof?

waji
04-05-2006, 06:42 PM
read in the Book "Raheek ul Maktoom"
in that book the writer had given also 9 Rabi ul Awal but that lack the proofs and the 12 date is confirmed by him
have u heard about the that book

khaledmm123
04-05-2006, 06:51 PM
ur right brother alot of people say that we don't know nothing they know better what is good and what is bad and see now when 12 Rabi ul Awal is coming and how much money they just spend on lighting i always ask do everyone got wealthy there is no more poor people around
why not spend money on them
May Allah show us the right path
oh ya bro here also the same thing is going on.
but much wrong thing here is on the day of 12 rabiul awwal in masjids for the lighting they take darect connection haram and the money did not add in the bill. when ever if some one ask about it they told it is halal for masjid.
yes may allah show us the right path:w:

Ghazi
04-05-2006, 09:01 PM
read in the Book "Raheek ul Maktoom"
in that book the writer had given also 9 Rabi ul Awal but that lack the proofs and the 12 date is confirmed by him
have u heard about the that book
Salaam

Can't say I have can you put the proof up please.

Aashiq e Rasul
04-05-2006, 09:30 PM
On the Date of the Prophet's Noble Birth:

Ibn Rajab al-Hanbali said in Lata'if al-Ma`arif [p. 185]: "The vast majority hold that he [the Prophet ] was born on the Second Day of the Week (al-Ithnayn = "Monday") 12 Rabi` al-Awwal... in the Year of the Elephant."

On the exact time of day that he was born:

Sidi al-Ghawth `Abd al-`Aziz al-Dabbagh said in al-Ibriz that he was born in the last third of the night, and Allah Almighty knows best.

Blessings and peace upon him and his Family and Companions in every breath and moment.

GF Haddad ©
Wsalaam

Andaraawus
06-12-2006, 01:31 AM
ah what the eck - all this sectarian bizness is rubbish and false accusations anyway.

Andaraawus
06-12-2006, 01:33 AM
i agree unity is the way and we can do that by stop following the takfeeri people of nowdays and go back to the classical scholars on whom we all agree upon. wasalams

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.