/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ehud Olmert wins Israel election

DaSangarTalib
03-29-2006, 09:35 PM
After winning Israel’s general elections on his plan to set Israel’s final borders unilaterally, acting Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert will start to form a coalition, Reuters reported.

Olmert’s centrist Kadima party, founded four months ago by coma-stricken Ariel Sharon, won the elections but by less than expected.

Official results showed that Kadima won 28 seats in the 120-member parliament, centre-left Labor with 20, the ultra-Orthodox Shas with 13, ultranationalist Yisrael Beiteinu with 12 and right-wing Likud with 11.

Israel Radio said Olmert would name teams on Wednesday to start negotiations with other parties on forming a coalition.

Correspondents say Olmert’s margin of victory is much less than he had hoped for, and that he could have trouble forming a stable coalition.

Olmert told his party after his victory that he is determined to set Israel’s permanent borders by 2010 by dismantling West Bank settlements while expanding bigger blocs there.

"In the coming period we will move to set the final borders of the state of Israel, a Jewish state with a Jewish majority," Olmert said.

"We will try to achieve this in an agreement with the Palestinians. This is our hope and prayer,” he said, but he added that if the Palestinians did not move toward peace "Israel will take its destiny in hand" and define its borders after consulting the United States.

More than 240,000 Israelis live among 2.4 million Palestinians in the West Bank, territory Israel seized in the 1967 Middle East war.

The World Court has ruled all settlements in the occupied territory illegal.

Palestinians say that unilateral moves would never bring peace and would deny them a viable state. Some Arab political analysts say that Israel didn’t want a peace partner from the beginning, and that it used Hamas’ election victory as an excuse for acting on its own.

Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said the Israeli election would make no difference unless Olmert abandoned unilateralism and returned to the internationally-backed roadmap peace plan.

"This result will not change (anything) as long as the agenda of Olmert himself does not change and he does not abandon the question of unilateral agreements," Abbas said in Khartoum where he is attending the Arab League summit.

Israelis voted on the day the Palestinian parliament approved a Hamas-led government.

"While the election is being held in the Israeli entity, the flags of the Hamas government are being raised," Hamas' Prime Minister-designate Ismail Haniyeh told a rally in Gaza.

Israel, the United States and the European Union refused to deal with Hamas, which they classify as a “terrorist” group, unless it recognizes Israel’s right to exist, give up anti-Israeli attacks and accept interim peace agreements, demands strongly rejected by Hamas.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
03-29-2006, 09:40 PM
Salaam

May allah give victory to Palistine

DaSangarTalib
03-29-2006, 09:41 PM
Allahumma Ameen!!

afriend
03-29-2006, 09:42 PM
So is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Is this new guy as butcher minded as the previous 1.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Maimunah
03-29-2006, 09:45 PM
i think he's as evil as the old one:(
may allah protect the palastines:)

knuckles
03-29-2006, 09:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mashaallah
i think he's as evil as the old one:(
may allah protect the palastines:)
What proof do you have to support this?

afriend
03-29-2006, 09:49 PM
Ok ok........Just chill out buddy K

Just an opinion...It doesn't need a backing or proof to give an opinion, like, say if i said ice skating was dumb, then I don't have to give eveidence for it, cos it's my opinion, but if it wer 2 b fact, then, of course, it will need evidence...WELL DUH!!!

Maimunah
03-29-2006, 09:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by knuckles
the fact that he's an israel presdient

afriend
03-29-2006, 10:02 PM
the fact that he's an israel presdient
LOL

That was funny.........But now ur easy meat to the attacking predator, AKA Knuckles.......

Ghazi
03-29-2006, 10:03 PM
Salaam

If only they had elections in saudia, seriously someone needs to rid of the royals.

Maimunah
03-29-2006, 10:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Salaam

If only they had elections in saudia, seriously someone needs to rid of the royals.
respec the leader's till u meet the prophet at kawthar:thankyou:

and lol to bro iqram;D

Ghazi
03-29-2006, 10:09 PM
respec the leader's till u meet the prophet at kawthar:thankyou:

and lol to bro iqram;D
Salaam

I'll give respect when it's do, if they ran things according to islam, for exmaple I would never be allowed to make hijra to mecca or madinah simply for my skin colour. I want islamic leaders in all muslim countries.

north_malaysian
03-30-2006, 03:57 AM
At least Olmert wants a well-defined border with Palestine. It's good.

snakelegs
03-30-2006, 05:35 AM
Salaam

I'll give respect when it's do, if they ran things according to islam, for exmaple I would never be allowed to make hijra to mecca or madinah simply for my skin colour. I want islamic leaders in all muslim countries.
i am curious - what colour are you, purple? i thought islam was not racist.

snakelegs
03-30-2006, 05:37 AM
knuckles, how would you say he compares to sharon?

HeiGou
03-30-2006, 08:12 AM
Are you sure that elections are Islamic? I am curious as to how a bad ruler would be gotten rid of in an Islamic state, but apart from "consulting" when a new ruler is chosen, is there any room in Islam for democracy?

KAding
03-30-2006, 09:07 AM
Israel will have the military superiority for the forseeable future. Yet, it appears the Palestinians have the will to fight, but few means to do so. The fence that has been built by Israel seems very effective at preventing attacks as well.

To be honest, I don't think there is much point in negotiations right now. The parties are still too far apart. It is simply too complex a conflict, with a territorial, cultural and religious dimension. I do not think negotiated peace is feasible in the short to medium term. But perhaps things can quiet down, which will make real peace possible in a few decades or so.

north_malaysian
03-30-2006, 09:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding
Israel will have the military superiority for the forseeable future. Yet, it appears the Palestinians have the will to fight, but few means to do so. The fence that has been built by Israel seems very effective at preventing attacks as well.

To be honest, I don't think there is much point in negotiations right now. The parties are still too far apart. It is simply too complex a conflict, with a territorial, cultural and religious dimension. I do not think negotiated peace is feasible in the short to medium term. But perhaps things can quiet down, which will make real peace possible in a few decades or so.
I think on Israeli side, they could go for negotiation, but Palestinians, it's hard. They are making it harder by voting Hamas.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-30-2006, 09:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fight&Die4Allah
[B][I]
"In the coming period we will move to set the final borders of the state of Israel, a Jewish state with a Jewish majority," Olmert said.
subhanAllah!!!! i dont like this!! dont like this at all!!

its bad enuff seein them ownin every supermarket franchise and knowing there gathering enough money to blow up this planet!!!!! But now they want a state of pure jewishness! hows it gnna work? subhanAllah LETS ALL GO PALESTINE!!!!!!!! :offended: :offended: (... i really got a problem wiv jews...)

:sl:

north_malaysian
03-30-2006, 09:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
subhanAllah!!!! i dont like this!! dont like this at all!!

its bad enuff seein them ownin every supermarket franchise and knowing there gathering enough money to blow up this planet!!!!! But now they want a state of pure jewishness! hows it gnna work? subhanAllah LETS ALL GO PALESTINE!!!!!!!! :offended: :offended: (... i really got a problem wiv jews...)

If they want to create a Jewish state with Jewish majority in pre 1967 border ISrael, and Tel Aviv as capital city - I'M OK WITH THAT.

HeiGou
03-30-2006, 09:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
If they want to create a Jewish state with Jewish majority in pre 1967 border ISrael, and Tel Aviv as capital city - I'M OK WITH THAT.
I am not. They have to let the refugees from 1948 go home too.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-30-2006, 09:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
what if they end up becoming so powerful and make a nice base for dajjal :offended: !!!!

north_malaysian
03-30-2006, 09:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by HeiGou
If those refugees want to go home too they have two options:

1) To be fully Israeli citizen with full allegiance for State of Israel; or
2) To be Palestinian citizen with permenant residency in Israel with full cooperation to the development and security of Israel.

north_malaysian
03-30-2006, 09:22 AM
what if they end up becoming so powerful and make a nice base for dajjal :offended: !!!!

Pre-1967 Israel - is very tiny piece of land. Dajjal prefers to live in cool White House rather than living in hot desert of Israel. Maybe he is instructing Bush right now!

IbnAbdulHakim
03-30-2006, 09:24 AM
^ aah i c LOL, i still mind, maybe if we gave them 1 achre of land surrounded by muslims so that we can keep an eye on everything they do. And we withhold the right to tug on their wigs!!!!

north_malaysian
03-30-2006, 09:30 AM
^ aah i c LOL, i still mind, maybe if we gave them 1 achre of land surrounded by muslims so that we can keep an eye on everything they do. And we withhold the right to tug on their wigs!!!!

Can we? Muslim nations are lead by weak people.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-30-2006, 09:33 AM
^ do u kno what i find both weird and pathetic!!! the fact that there are sooo many able muslim leaders wiv strong iman but they are neva allowed to lead. For example some1 like sheikh shuraim, i think some1 who tries his best to follow the sunnah is more then good enough to become a leader.

weak muslim leaders... its the muslims who should take action and put into power the strong ones... there are strong ones left!!

knuckles
03-30-2006, 04:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
knuckles, how would you say he compares to sharon?
Which Sharon are you speaking of? Sharon was going through a transition before is stroke. I think Olmert is better for the Pals than Netanyahu. Under Netanyahu the Israelis would have been extremely heavy handed. Olmert wants to be done with the conflict. He was the one that talked Sharon into giving back Gaza

knuckles
03-30-2006, 04:24 PM

Shouldn't you have love for the Jews considering they are people of the book?

IbnAbdulHakim
03-30-2006, 04:27 PM
Shouldn't you have love for the Jews considering they are people of the book?
hmm well lets consider the fact that the jews dont follow the "true" book :)

peace!

knuckles
03-30-2006, 04:51 PM
hmm well lets consider the fact that the jews dont follow the "true" book :)

peace!
Do you follow the true book?

snakelegs
03-30-2006, 05:09 PM
Which Sharon are you speaking of? Sharon was going through a transition before is stroke. I think Olmert is better for the Pals than Netanyahu. Under Netanyahu the Israelis would have been extremely heavy handed. Olmert wants to be done with the conflict. He was the one that talked Sharon into giving back Gaza
i didn't know that olmert was the one who talked sharon in to leaving gaza. i thought they left gaza for pragmatic reasons, to be rid of its huge palestinian population. i am not sure how much sharon had "transitioned" before his stroke.

snakelegs
03-30-2006, 05:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HeiGou
i do not think israel will ever allow the refugees the right of return because of the demographics if nothing else. i think the most that could be hoped for is reparations. israel is committed to preserving a jewish state and very concerned that jews be the big majority.

HeiGou
03-30-2006, 05:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
i do not think israel will ever allow the refugees the right of return because of the demographics if nothing else. i think the most that could be hoped for is reparations. israel is committed to preserving a jewish state and very concerned that jews be the big majority.
Yes. I had noticed. Thanks to Osama Bin Laden the refugees are not an issue they are going to have to discuss with anyone for decades. Probably longer.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-30-2006, 05:26 PM
Do you follow the true book?
of course :) i follow the quran ;)

PeAcE!

knuckles
03-30-2006, 05:34 PM
of course :) i follow the quran ;)

PeAcE!
Are you sure?

And do not dispute with the followers of the Book except by what is best, except those of them who act unjustly, and say: We believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you, and our God and your God is One, and to Him do we submit. (Qur'an 29:46)

Looks like it's saying not to dispute with the people of the book unless they have done harm to you. Obviously not all Jews have harmed you. Granted I've found things that have contradicted this in the Qur'an but that's different.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-30-2006, 05:40 PM
Are you sure?

And do not dispute with the followers of the Book except by what is best, except those of them who act unjustly, and say: We believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you, and our God and your God is One, and to Him do we submit. (Qur'an 29:46)

Looks like it's saying not to dispute with the people of the book unless they have done harm to you. Obviously not all Jews have harmed you. Granted I've found things that have contradicted this in the Qur'an but that's different.
ye sure knuckles, u aint found nothin that contradicts that in the quran and thats a fact!!! as for the past books they have been changed soo much and its only the quran thats been protected, only the quran remains the authentic and true world of Allah (swt) and btw NEVER EVER QUOTE OUT OF CONTEXT! and for wateva u read READ THE TAFSEER! (interpretation) and make sure u understand it otherwise u may end up looking... not so smart :p

PeAcE!!

knuckles
03-30-2006, 06:55 PM
ye sure knuckles, u aint found nothin that contradicts that in the quran and thats a fact!!! as for the past books they have been changed soo much and its only the quran thats been protected, only the quran remains the authentic and true world of Allah (swt) and btw NEVER EVER QUOTE OUT OF CONTEXT! and for wateva u read READ THE TAFSEER! (interpretation) and make sure u understand it otherwise u may end up looking... not so smart :p

PeAcE!!
Nothing that contradicts this? Hmm maybe you're right. Opps look what I found.

O you who believe! Do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends/protecters; they are friends/protecters of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend/protecter, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people. (Qur'an 5:51)

Islamicboy
03-30-2006, 09:19 PM
Salamalikum
fightanddie4Allaah
who is this speaker The Enemy's Plot? Very interesting

DaSangarTalib
03-30-2006, 09:22 PM
answer in PM :)

Islamicboy
03-30-2006, 09:26 PM
ok thankz

DaSangarTalib
03-30-2006, 09:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islamicboy
how do i check my pm?
lol good question bro :) go to 'Quick links' at the top and click on 'Private messages'

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.