/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best way to revise?

aamirsaab
01-05-2005, 11:37 AM
asalam brothers and sisters.
as u all know we have exams at the start of next week. inshalla we will all pass. but heere are a few revision tips that may help - if they dont thne fine they dont :D

1) revise loads - the exams are important not ur tv :P
2) structure ur day so u have time for everything - 2 hours minimum revision a day - even if u have good technique it is always best 2 do more.
3) have a break as well - if u do too much at a time then ull probably get a head ache - a reall nasty one too.
4) on the weekdays/schooldays it is hard 2 do revision after a hard days work - but it'll pay off big time - sacrifices have 2 be made if u want to get anywhere in life.
5) if u have an exam the next day after just having had one then revise for it - if u need 2 memeorise definitions the best way is to ask a friend or family member to ask YOU the word and U define it.
6) use past papers - get a feel for the exam before hand so that u dont go in nervous. past papers reduce stress in the real exam so do try and do them
7) eat ur dinner :D - make time for ur eating - revise in and out. before u got to bed etc. if ur doing business studies then u will know that u can pass it just on defiinitions.
8)once ur exams are done u can relax and chill for a few days. ur teachers wont go too hard on u the day after an exam - e.g they wont overwhelm u with work.

k now i gotta go lesson but ill b back and finish this laters.
asalam to all.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Khaldun
01-05-2005, 03:10 PM
:sl:
k now i gotta go lesson but ill b back and finish this laters.
asalam to all.
shouldnt you spend your time more wisely then? instead of posting here hehe jokin

once ur exams are done u can relax and chill for a few days. ur teachers wont go too hard on u the day after an exam - e.g they wont overwhelm u with work.
lol speak for urself :D...but JazzakAllah brother for ur wise words. :)

WomanOfJihad
01-05-2005, 03:41 PM
SubhnAllah..u all gt exams cumin up.. Doesnt that just feel so good?? lol. can just imagine u all stresing like MADDDD .. loll,,,
anyways inshAllah .. may Allah swt make it easier 4 everyone .... DEFINATELY u all are gnna ACE it InsHallah!! ..

aamirsaab
01-05-2005, 05:29 PM
hope u found the tips helpful
im just on a shrt break from accounts revision - got plenty to do :D
i thought i might as well finish the list off so here goes:

9) get a good sleep on the weekends and night b4 ur exam - u dont want 2 fall asleep in ur exams now do u :D
10) u only have 2 sacrifice for 1 last week (two if ur really unlucky and have more than 1 exam the next week) - as long as u do ur work itll b ok. also, do remebr to have a nice day off after all ur exams are finished - that dont mean skive off college tho - only i get to do that hehe - just kidding :P
anyways best b back off 2 me work.
inabit i mean wasalam 2 all- hope this thingy helped :teeth:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Uma Rayanah
01-09-2005, 01:23 PM

~*I hope u r all in da best state of health 'N' iman inshallah*~

Jazaaka Allahu Khirah, indeed i found ur tips very helpful.....

Exams,,, Good luck 2 all my broz and sisz,,,,
inshallah i'll pary 4 all muslim youth,,,,

Jz put ur trust in Allah (swt),, do ur best...and Tawakaal Calaa Allah ..

aamirsaab
01-11-2005, 12:11 PM
2 exams done. :)
4 left to go. :(

Uma Rayanah
01-12-2005, 10:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
2 exams done. :)
4 left to go. :(

LOOL.. lucky u mate.. i hv examz even in eid day !!!1 :'( :'(

in dis case i'm da miskiinad.com poor me,,

aamirsaab
01-12-2005, 10:44 AM
now that is cruel

Egadz mman... i should be revising iv got a business exam in 2 hours and 15 mins.

Uma Rayanah
01-12-2005, 10:48 AM
now that is cruel

Egadz mman... i should be revising iv got a business exam in 2 hours and 15 mins.

whaaa.... so but r u out of ur mind!!!!! :omg: :omg: :omg:

learn somthin 4 ur own sake mate!!!

anyhow ... at least 4 an hour...

or u sound 100% sure about ur self.. inshallah dat examz will be wanderful ,, picse of cake,, ;)

Good luck :thumbs_up

aamirsaab
01-12-2005, 10:49 AM
inshalla the business will be easy - iv been working hard on it all year and im pretty much prepared for it.

just ict 2moz and accounts on frday - im worried about those 2 :(

Uma Rayanah
01-12-2005, 10:55 AM
inshalla the business will be easy - iv been working hard on it all year and im pretty much prepared for it.

just ict 2moz and accounts on frday - im worried about those 2 :(
inshallah u will love da exam paper,.. ;)

Puls ,, ict. account, business.. wow... interstin subjetz... u must be brainy,,,lol but will be gr8 if u hv mathz incluedin,,, i luv mathz u see,,,, :thumbs_up

i'll pary 4 u inshallah... and 4 all da young youth,,,, :thumbs_up

aamirsaab
01-12-2005, 10:57 AM
i wouldv done maths but i didnt want 2 take 5 subjects lol

im taking the following:
business studies - exam is in 2 hours
ict - done 1 exam. 1 left 2 morrw
accounts - both exams on friday
psychology - done exams
wot u lot doing neways? as in subject wise

Abdalla
01-12-2005, 11:15 AM
lol, i do AS maths and i say its not very a friendly subject to take on loads of work involved, other subjects i do consist of AS Biology, AS Chemistry, AS Business and GCSE English, inshallah ill be out of college next year (doing medicine hopefully ;))

WomanOfJihad
01-12-2005, 04:17 PM
InshAllah ... all the Regent Members are going to ACE IT .. coz they deserve it .. seeing the amount of effort they r puting in revision ... but One thing ..Which Really spoils it is ...regarding the revision people do.. WHY do they STRESSS TOO MUCH n get SCARED and NERVOUS n WAT NOTT ..becoz its an EXAM ... its natural we all feel nervous ( well nt me, whenever exams i just Relaxxx n do wateva i can do .. n the queastions which i dnt know ..i never look bak at them n i moove on ) ... so bak to wat i was sayin .. people GET PANIK ATTAK .. at the end of the day its ONLYY EXAMSS .nt the end of the worldd FORTUNATELY .. n on results day Allahu AKBAr ... they dnt sleep the wHole night , dnt even eat . n stres themselves to dEath.. thats wat they do on RESULTS day.. soo .. now just IMAGINE ..

This was only a TEST on a piece of paper.. IMAGINE on the day of QIYAMAH ....thats gna b our BIGGEST TEST ..if we panik for little exams, wats gna happen to us on the day of Qiyamah .. Allahu Akbar thats just Beyond our imagination.. n when our Good n bad deeds will b scaled . wAts gona b our State at that tym .. waiting to hear the RESULT whether we r heading for Jahannam or HELL .. IMAGINE BROTHERS n SISTERS ..

we panik for this little tests in our life .. Instead .. start PANIKIN about the results of AAKHIRAH ....FROm NOWW !!!! (InsHAllah)

aamirsaab
01-12-2005, 04:37 PM
ill b bricking meself sis. :D

nah inshalla we will all go 2 jannah

p.s reason why we stress so much in exams is cus if u do bad then u aint gonna get a good job and thus will struggle 2 provide for ur family. thats y i stress at least :D

WomanOfJihad
01-12-2005, 05:01 PM
yeah i suppose .. thats one of the Common reasons to Stress.. we want too much Falah in this world .. SubhanAllah..

Khaldun
01-12-2005, 05:20 PM

You have stated SUCH an important reminder sister, may Allah reward you for it! It is the sad state of the muslim ummah today that they have indulged so much in worldy affairs that the love for this Dunya has entered their hearts which has deluded them from the true goal and aim....

Today ppl weep their eyes out if they fail the exams and become very depressed...however if the same person was to miss one salah, the responce would be "no sweat, I'll pray it laters" SubhanAllah....this is the attitude of the muslims today. At the time of the prophet (salalahu Alyhi wa salam) and the companions, if they ever were to miss even one salah then they felt that they had lost everything....look at where we are today...May Allah guide us and increase our tawfiq!

aamirsaab
01-12-2005, 06:02 PM
lol thats true man.

maybe its cus of our society - we live in a country that practically revolves around our education
those with the best often have the best life (financially at least)
and those that do not have the best education struggle financially.

i guess in places like saudi and afghanistan - where islam is the only government - it is built into their lifestyle to keep up with prayers.
im not making excuses or nutthing im just saying maybe its cus of our culture.
perhaps it isnt...

Abdalla
01-13-2005, 10:49 AM
subhanallah thats so true bro khaldun

Uma Rayanah
01-13-2005, 12:17 PM
[QUOTE=Abdalla]lol, i do AS maths and i say its not very a friendly subject to take on loads of work involved, [QUOTE]

lool,, some 1 disagree here.. which is me ;) ..

Mathz is a lovly subject indeed... :thumbs_up

4 get about Biology Chemistry :thumbs_do :confused: ..

well i guess me and you are 2 different ppl here,, therefore,.. Good luck with those subject... :thumbs_up

Umm Yoosuf
01-13-2005, 12:27 PM
[QUOTE=1_Of_Ur_Siss_In_Islam]:sl:
[QUOTE=Abdalla]lol, i do AS maths and i say its not very a friendly subject to take on loads of work involved,

lool,, some 1 disagree here.. which is me ;) ..

Mathz is a lovly subject indeed... :thumbs_up

4 get about Biology Chemistry :thumbs_do :confused: ..

well i guess me and you are 2 different ppl here,, therefore,.. Good luck with those subject... :thumbs_up
Subhanallah maths huh? May Allah make your exams easy for you!

Uma Rayanah
01-13-2005, 12:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ProudMuslimah
Subhanallah maths huh? May Allah make your exams easy for you!

thanx you.... :thumbs_up i need da Du'ca

WomanOfJihad
01-13-2005, 10:53 PM
mashAllah, those who do MATHS . must have the REal BRAINZZZ ..
As for CHEMISTRY .. they must b REALLY bRAINY as well.. and as for BIOLOGY they Dnt need brainz i suppose but err .. the courage to see the INSIDE OUT BODY .. (SubhanAllah, Amazing How Allah swt has created human beings)

InshAllah Sister Islam, like i said , you'll ACE IT ..inshAllah .. dnt u wrry .. just do Duas .. n we will too..

aamirsaab
01-14-2005, 04:43 PM
iv finished my exams for the month

wohoo
inshalla we will all pass
good luck 2 those who still have exams

Sumayya
01-15-2005, 01:09 AM
Salaamzz

Oh so ur all moaning abt ur exams here ey? :p

Ive had two already..3 more to go!!

And ive got one on Eid day toooo :(

Grrr stress stress stress :'(

Pray 4 me Plz.. :-[

Wsalaamz

Uma Rayanah
01-15-2005, 11:19 AM
iv finished my exams for the month

wohoo
inshalla we will all pass
good luck 2 those who still have exams

Lucky u mate,..

i even hv 1 2morw inshallah.. but it's my fuv subject.. Islamic studiz...inshallah da exam will be easy.....

Uma Rayanah
01-15-2005, 11:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sumayya

Pray 4 me Plz.. :-[

Wsalaamz

Dear sister

Sumayya
01-16-2005, 02:38 AM
JazakAllah

Ameen to all ur Duaz
:$

Uma Rayanah
01-16-2005, 05:51 PM
ohhhh.. i hv exam 2 morw inshallah... islamic stiduiz..

inshallah ir will be esay.

u might think ..oh is all about islaam,, but , sometime,,, u hv 2 know every single details ,, eg Sunii and Shi'aa...long story,, but interstin..

aamirsaab
01-16-2005, 06:48 PM
inshalla ull all pass init

after the exam ull be well relieved
then u can go home and chill :P

Uma Rayanah
01-18-2005, 10:06 AM
inshalla ull all pass init

after the exam ull be well relieved
then u can go home and chill :P

inshallah..indeed.. " Chill".. hopefully... :teeth:

WomanOfJihad
01-22-2005, 10:42 AM
i GUESS regent is going to throw a Party ... now that Exams have finished .. and are STRESS Free , Chilling days are bak i suppose ..

Abdalla
01-22-2005, 06:39 PM
nope now were stuck with coursework in my case 4 c/w

Uma Rayanah
01-22-2005, 07:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdalla
nope now were stuck with coursework in my case 4 c/w

Same me... i hv 3 extended essay... 2000 wordz each... plz om dos case i perfer examz,, i really miss examz,,lol

Khaldun
01-22-2005, 11:00 PM

i really miss examz,,lol
:omg: lol

Alhamdulilah now ppl at regent can focus their time and put more effort into this noble "struggle" InshAllah...as well as all the other brothers and sisters :)

WomanOfJihad
01-22-2005, 11:02 PM
* looks at the coursewrk stresss on students, n has a bIg GRin, thinkin poor things, May Allah make it all easier 4 them*

Hmmm.. at the moment i m Stresssfree whereas u all are under stress .. but Later in summer holz u all r going to b STRES FREE and i will b the one STRESSING n at that tym u all can have a bIG gRIN Too .. :-(

* thinks if REVENGE is sweet *

Sumayya
01-23-2005, 12:08 AM
Salaamzz

Biology still to goooooo :'(

Im dreading it :-[

Please do pray for me..:$

JazakAllah

WS

al-muminoon
01-23-2005, 12:11 AM
Assalamu Alaykum
how were everyoens exams at regent?
they still going on? Biology? Best til last? Lol

Assalamu Alaykum

zubair_president
01-23-2005, 12:11 AM
all the people doing law have synoptic left,
insha allah itll go good for everyone

WomanOfJihad
01-23-2005, 12:21 AM

InshAllah ..May Allah swt make it easier for everyone .. just do du'as .. n PLEASE brothers n sisters Do not STRESS for it wont get u nowhere ..

:w:

Sumayya
01-23-2005, 12:26 AM
Salaamz

Ameen
:-[

al-muminoon
01-23-2005, 12:29 AM
Assalamau Alaykum....

Lol very easy to say not to stress! but u KNOW we all do init.. But inshallah if we relax, have pure faith in Allah.. and whatever we DO do, do it for him. then surely he will Help us, and make us pass in flying colours! and get that A!

Inshallah.

WomanOfJihad
01-23-2005, 12:44 AM

lol.. well Brother there r loads of brothers n sisters out there like me who dnt stress .. coz like u said before . we should have pure FAith in Allah swt n relax.. n thats wat we do .. at the end of the day watever grade we r suppose to get that wat we will have .. so y sTress ?? .. as long as we play our part which is to revise .. then y STress .??

Sumayya
01-23-2005, 12:54 AM
Wsalaam

verryy true..we should leave it on Allah..tawakkul..after all, Allah helps those who help themselves..and if we help ourselves by taking the time out to revise and do our work..and preparing ourselves as best we can, then InshaAllah, Allah will Help us..

SubhanAllah, i was listening to this alimah, and she was talking abt the fadhilat of Bismillah..and she said that this one verse can solve all our troubles..we just have to say it with faith before doing any work..
and she said, that we shouldnt worry once saying 'Bismillah' because that shows we jus don't have faith in Allah..

So letz leave it on Allah..and have trust that He will do what is best for us

InshaAllah

Ws

al-muminoon
01-23-2005, 12:57 AM
Assalamu ALaykum....

Alhamdulillah very true what you have said,

Before the exams recite Surah Alam Nashrah 7 times, and pray Durood Shareef 7 times too, Also on that day try praying Surah Ya'seen after fajr salah and it will help alot, Inshallah.

Jazakallah.

Khaldun
01-23-2005, 01:02 AM

Even if we were to fail the exam, who are we to say that this is a huge disaster? "And it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you Allah knows, but you do not know"

Allah Knows You Know Not

WomanOfJihad
01-23-2005, 01:02 AM
SubhanAllah.. aywah :thumbs_up

al-muminoon
01-23-2005, 01:05 AM
Exactly

Alhamdulillah very well said... Whatever Allah does is for the best... As Allah is the most wise.. and everything he does, we should have Hikmah and patience... and surely it is for the best

Jazakallah.

Sumayya
01-23-2005, 01:07 AM
SubhanAllah..
how many times do we start complaining when things dont go our way..and how many times do we use the phrase 'its not fair!'.?
If only we sat down and pondered over it..that Allah does everything for a reason..He knows All..we know Nothing..if ONLY we really trusted Allah..we would never complain..and we would do shukr in all situations..

May Allah giv us the tawfeeq

Ameen

al-muminoon
01-23-2005, 01:12 AM
Assalamu Alaykum sister.....
without a doubt sister.

One story comes to mind where a person was thinking about how Allah created the watermelon and apples etc, he was thinking how its not fair that the apple is so small and grows on BIG trees, whereas the watermelon is huge and it grows out of the ground and it must hurt the ground... The person didnt udnerstand the wisdom of Allah..

However, just as the person had this thought an apple from the tree which he was sitting under fell on him and he immedeately went into Sajdah and thanked Allah... Imagine if there WAS watermelon growing on that tree and THAT fell on his head?!

Allahu Akbar!

Sumayya
01-23-2005, 01:14 AM
Allahu Akbar Kabeera !

SubhanAllah

JazakAllah for reinforcing the idea :teeth:

InshaAllah we will leave our trust in the Wisdom of Allah..

Ws

aamirsaab
01-25-2005, 12:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by WomanOfJihad

lol.. well Brother there r loads of brothers n sisters out there like me who dnt stress .. coz like u said before . we should have pure FAith in Allah swt n relax.. n thats wat we do .. at the end of the day watever grade we r suppose to get that wat we will have .. so y sTress ?? .. as long as we play our part which is to revise .. then y STress .??

LOL sister.do u leave everything at the hands of allah?:)
try not 2 forget that this world is a test - we do have some control over our actions else allah would not have put us on this earth.

format_quote Originally Posted by al-muminoon
Assalamu Alaykum sister.....
without a doubt sister.

One story comes to mind where a person was thinking about how Allah created the watermelon and apples etc, he was thinking how its not fair that the apple is so small and grows on BIG trees, whereas the watermelon is huge and it grows out of the ground and it must hurt the ground... The person didnt udnerstand the wisdom of Allah..

However, just as the person had this thought an apple from the tree which he was sitting under fell on him and he immedeately went into Sajdah and thanked Allah... Imagine if there WAS watermelon growing on that tree and THAT fell on his head?!

Allahu Akbar!
LOL that was a good one.

IslamHayati
02-19-2005, 11:35 PM
Salam Alaikum,

U know I hav a certain problem. Sometimes Im very laaazy :-[ ....and really dunt know how to force myself to study... what can u advice me? What do u do when u really dont want to study, but u know u have to?

Uthman
02-20-2005, 02:20 PM
Revise on the internet! :)

Uma Rayanah
02-20-2005, 03:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman
Revise on the internet! :)
Ya.. dat is wha i say 2 my mam.. but i see my self cheakin load islaam or da other site dat i go 2... i guess dat is not a good idea..lol...

Sis... let me think about it...

WomanOfJihad
02-20-2005, 06:21 PM

U know I hav a certain problem. Sometimes Im very laaazy ....and really dunt know how to force myself to study... what can u advice me? What do u do when u really dont want to study, but u know u have to?
lol Siss Join the club .. i gt the same problem as ursss ..its just a mater of finding a goood motivation .. n my motivation is " LAST MINUTE " i leave everything to last minute .. n WALLAHI even though i dnt feel like wrkin n that moment i HAVE to WRKK n when i WRK LAST mINUTE .. i wrk llike no mans business .. so Sis my Advice .. Leave everything last minute .. n ull b fine ; -)

* JOKE dnt take the advice Seriously*

h1jabi_sista
02-20-2005, 06:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IslamHayati

U know I hav a certain problem. Sometimes Im very laaazy :-[ ....and really dunt know how to force myself to study... what can u advice me? What do u do when u really dont want to study, but u know u have to?
i have a little dua which i hope helps

DUA BEFORE STUDYING
oh allah! make useful for me what you have taught me and teach me knowledge that will be useful to me.

Oh allah! i ask you for the understanding of the prophets and the memory of the messengers and those nearest to you.

Oh allah! make my tounge full of your rememberence and my heart with consciousness of you

Oh allah! you do whatever you wish and you are my availer and protector and best of aid.

DUA AFTER STUDYING
Oh allah! i entrust you with what i ahve read and i have studied.

Oh allah! bring it back to me when i am in need of it.

Oh allah! you do whatever you wish and you are my availer and protector and best of aid.

It helps me when i know ive got three or four books i have to revise from and i have to remember at least 80% of what ive read!!! :)

Uthman
02-20-2005, 08:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 1_Of_Ur_Siss_In_Islam
Ya.. dat is wha i say 2 my mam.. but i see my self cheakin load islaam or da other site dat i go 2... i guess dat is not a good idea..lol...

Sis... let me think about it...
There is some good advice above but that is so what happens to me! Join the club! :)

IslamHayati
02-21-2005, 03:21 PM
Jazakallahu khayr sister!

format_quote Originally Posted by h1jabi_sista
i have a little dua which i hope helps

DUA BEFORE STUDYING
oh allah! make useful for me what you have taught me and teach me knowledge that will be useful to me.

Oh allah! i ask you for the understanding of the prophets and the memory of the messengers and those nearest to you.

Oh allah! make my tounge full of your rememberence and my heart with consciousness of you

DUA AFTER STUDYING
Oh allah! i entrust you with what i ahve read and i have studied.

Oh allah! bring it back to me when i am in need of it.

It helps me when i know ive got three or four books i have to revise from and i have to remember at least 80% of what ive read!!! :)

h1jabi_sista
02-21-2005, 06:51 PM
awww anytime!!! ;)

WomanOfJihad
03-10-2005, 10:31 PM

i heard students were gonna get their REsults todayyyyyyy !!!!

how did it go brothers n sisters ????????

Do take the Honours to share your Achievements with us .. lookin fwd to it ..

Maryam
03-10-2005, 10:33 PM
I'm waiting fo rmine after 4 or 5 weeks inshallah (my mock results)
So nervous...

WomanOfJihad
03-10-2005, 10:41 PM
lol 4/5 weekss .. n u r gettin nervous from noww .. SubhanAllah..
il tell u what enjoy as much as u can.. dnt wrry abt it.. but the day before results u can STRESSS n b as much nervous as u can .. but nor from nOWW!

Maryam
03-10-2005, 10:44 PM
lol, sis thanks! :shade: :thumbs_up
And more real exams coming up in JUNE, and then more courseworks to be done.
SO much to be nervous :shade: :p ;)
Honestly, i'm SOOO NERVOUS for that + my results.
But i'm chillin man :shade: :shade: :thumbs_up :zip: :zip:

أحمد
03-11-2005, 04:40 PM

:sister: Alot of people feel that way when exams and coursework and all the rest approaches, but you'll be fine Insha-Allah as long as you take your time and start revision ealy and take it very slow. When people do it all in a hurry, they usually forget, by the time they get into the exam room. ;)

aamirsaab
03-11-2005, 07:19 PM

i heard students were gonna get their REsults todayyyyyyy !!!!

how did it go brothers n sisters ????????

Do take the Honours to share your Achievements with us .. lookin fwd to it ..
alhumdulilah i did ok in my exams....although they cocked one of my papers up so i have 2 retake it - no matter---its accounts and i like doing accounts hehe.....anyways, i hope u all did well but one thing: if u didnt get the result u wanted there is always an opton to RETAKE -----its better to retake it in jan - however its better to have past it in first place :p...anyways, m point is dont be 2 hard on ur self with these results - they dont mean as much as the ones that come out in august - they r the REAL deal :p...

Sahabiyaat
03-11-2005, 07:34 PM
my dumb college dnt let u do retakes :'( if u dnt do well they chuck u out by the scruff of ur neck.

Uthman
03-13-2005, 06:18 PM

Well, I guess they only have room for the best of people :D

Sahabiyaat
03-14-2005, 08:51 AM
*ahem*

that is y i'm still there :D

Abdalla
03-14-2005, 10:06 AM
lol, regent lets u do retakes, but i wonder, i see a lot of people stressing over them failing maths or english or whatever, imagine yawm-al-qiyamah when you wont have a second chance for a retake and the consequences are ten million billion...times worse jahannam awaits u may allah protect us from that!

Khaldun
03-14-2005, 01:20 PM

mashAllah very wise said brother AbdAllah. You tought me something new today!

أحمد
03-14-2005, 03:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdalla
lol, regent lets u do retakes, but i wonder, i see a lot of people stressing over them failing maths or english or whatever, imagine yawm-al-qiyamah when you wont have a second chance for a retake and the consequences are ten million billion...times worse jahannam awaits u may allah protect us from that!

Ameen . . .

aamirsaab
03-14-2005, 05:30 PM
that is true but do not forget that with our education comes a job - with that comes our funding for our families - Islam teaches us to be both strong in our education and in our religion.
i.e.: get ur A's in ur education and et ur 'A's' in Islam - its not the hard to be the best in both...granted it takes effort and commitment but its not all that hard.

inshalla, this summer i plan on reading through the entire quran at least once - taking me one step close in completing it by heart. inshalla education wise ill b ok. i just need 2 get better in my religion :p

p.s. i urge othes to do the best in both areas as they both carry a variety of benefis.

solid_snake
04-18-2005, 03:54 AM
aamirsaab = nerd with no life! :omg: :p I'm just joking ..... or am I? :D :p

"revise loads - the exams are important not ur tv"

:omg: thanks more showing me the light, brother! ;)

aamirsaab
04-18-2005, 10:58 AM
lol snake :)
in contrast, im not a nerd :P and i do have a life :P but chill i know what you mean. i was saying those stuff because of exams at the time. During exam time is where those rules apply - whether you use them outside of those times is entirely upto the individual - i was merely suggesting some adivce..ok a lot of advice :p.

I was merely saying that in the time of exams you should be revising cus it helps loads - whereas TV wont help. As my mum says: "you are not going to be tested on (insert name of program being watched) in your exams. And you know what? She is absolutely right. so yeah enjoy your life and do as you wish but be aware that sometimes we have to make sacrifices (including TV!?!) in order to do other things :)

(im not a nerd...snake is wrong...im not a nerd *sobs quietly* - btw this sentence is intended to be sarcastic)

Sahabiyaat
04-18-2005, 11:03 AM
br.solid snake
its needlesss to say that ur a dosser then.... :) ...but some of us or most of us feel the need for education to improve our lives....without education ur classified as a ..nerd.

solid_snake
04-18-2005, 12:49 PM
lol I was just joking, I need to start taking education for seriously ...... I'll start today (actually doing hw and studying instead of watching tv). :)

Sahabiyaat
04-19-2005, 03:24 PM
:bravo:

Green Bird
04-19-2005, 06:21 PM
lol, i do AS maths and i say its not very a friendly subject to take on loads of work involved, other subjects i do consist of AS Biology, AS Chemistry, AS Business and GCSE English, inshallah ill be out of college next year (doing medicine hopefully )
hope you get in- I'm a first year medic so if you need any tips just ask ;)

WomanOfJihad
04-24-2005, 10:34 PM
i guess every1 must b revisingggg for Exams ...

n i gues u all cant wait to b in that Atmosphere where every1 is wRiting awayy n lokin at the time and Tensed SubhaNAlah .. I lovee that Enviroment its soo Challengin ..khair thats nt my point ..

just ONe tip ... if any1 Hopin for Good results (ofcourse every1 is)

Dunno if u do this .. but we do this often when we have tests n exams we LOVE to pray

" Fa Aghshaynaahum fahum laa yubsiroon"

at the end of our papers n blow on it .. lol... Reason bEing is the Examiner or whoever is marking the papers ..they wnt b able to see your mistakesss!!!! (Funny) ..
one of the sisters told us abt this n we been doin it Alhumdulillah we had good results ... Ofcourse its the Effort we put in as well..

Uthman
04-24-2005, 10:37 PM

Jazak'Allah khair for that sister!. :)

Muhammad
04-24-2005, 11:07 PM

Yes everybody is getting stressed all over again... about this Yaseen technique, Ive never heard that one before.

Far7an
04-24-2005, 11:14 PM
Can someone just put a wig on and take my exams for me please, I hate this

Brother_Mujahid
04-25-2005, 05:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan247
Can someone just put a wig on and take my exams for me please, I hate this
i told you computing was better than that AVCE **** :shade:
you need less %age to pass whats all the stress about.

My first ones on wednesday :omg:

Far7an
04-25-2005, 06:29 PM
My first is 2moro :omg:

Sahabiyaat
04-27-2005, 11:52 AM
InshaAlllah
all will do well.

Brother_Mujahid
04-27-2005, 12:14 PM
1 down 4 to go

Uthman
05-03-2005, 08:24 PM
just ONe tip ... if any1 Hopin for Good results (ofcourse every1 is)

Dunno if u do this .. but we do this often when we have tests n exams we LOVE to pray

" Fa Aghshaynaahum fahum laa yubsiroon"

at the end of our papers n blow on it .. lol... Reason bEing is the Examiner or whoever is marking the papers ..they wnt b able to see your mistakesss!!!! (Funny) ..
one of the sisters told us abt this n we been doin it Alhumdulillah we had good results ... Ofcourse its the Effort we put in as well..

I actually did that! :)

Arwa
05-04-2005, 05:30 PM

I haven't read the whole thread however, this always works for me:

Don't go to sleep after fajr instead revise with the intention that it's the best time to revise Islamically. :sister:
Unless of course you wake up for fajr at 2.30am (British summer time when fajr begins :D )

Always works alhamdulillah... trust me! :sister:

Danish
05-04-2005, 05:38 PM
My tip: do tooooooons of practise xam question

Arwa
05-04-2005, 10:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danish
My tip: do tooooooons of practise xam question
wa alaikum assalam

yeah that too! :thumbs_up
Especially past papers :thumbs_up

S_87
05-06-2005, 10:44 AM

and my tip
if u make a timetable stik to it
and make a REALISTIC timetable suited forthe way YOU are not what ur teacher reccomends

and also study the way that suits YOU best not just reading thru a book
if thatmeans acting out the different cells of a plant will keep it in ur head then ACT it out

if it means making up a song then MAKE one up

and who can do simultaeneous equations here??? ive forgotton how to do them :shade: ;D

ahm
05-06-2005, 11:33 AM

If you do past papers, make sure you actually simulate exam conditions and time yourself.

Don't eat too much either, you'll feel bloated and tired.

Get rid of internet access.

Agree with amani, if you make a timetable then make it realistic, e.g. if you usually can't work on a saturday then don't timetable revision at that time.

Try and stay calm. Pray before and after the exam.

Avoid last minute revision.

Don't talk about the exam/subject before the exam or after.

Ameeratul Layl
10-06-2005, 12:03 PM

DONT stress bczu Scietifically wat happens is the blood does not reach your brain as it should normally do. So, becuz of that (and other stuff)....ur brain kind of goes dead.

Just make urself happy. When I had my exams....Id just sit and laugh (for no reason). Or...I used to sing a nasheed in tune.
But bcuz its Ramadhaan......try to recite surahs off by heart

Oh yeh! And I;m telling u......when u feel as though u are anxiuos or summat. Read: Al mutakabir.
It so works....I wud tell u a story about my friends getting into troubl and reading al mutakabir but Ill just go on and on :p

Allah ma3akum ;)

Zuko
10-16-2005, 03:35 AM
Ok I know this is off-topic, but did anyone here take the new SAT's? I took the psat's today and it was alright... But I know I didn't do so well... :zip:

Ameeratul Layl
10-19-2005, 12:02 PM
:sl: Sumthing that may help those of you doing GSCE Science: Its very intersting!!

Hope u like it!!

http://www.einsteinyear.org/games/li...ear.org/games/

Its not EVERYTHING to do with science....just light and all that complicated stuff.lol.

Allah ma3akum :coolsis:

sadik
03-30-2006, 01:58 PM
Different students swear by different approaches, but in every case your best bet is to set out a revision plan.
It's never too early to suss out how much work you have to cover. Establish how much time you have available between now and the exams, and then draw up a realistic timetable.
In working out how much time you should devote to each subject, try to concentrate on your weaknesses without losing sight of your strong points.

So I've set a revision plan, what next?

Stick to it! That way you can keep track of how much work you've done and what you have left to cover.
Choose a place in the house to revise where you won't be distracted.
Also make your family aware of the fact that you need some peace and quiet during this time, so they know not to disturb you.
Switch revision between subjects to avoid becoming bored of a single topic.
Look for fresh sources of info other than class notes. The internet, for example, offers some innovative learning resources.
Set yourself up with a 'reward' after every revision session. Nothing extravagant, just a small treat to help you get back to your books.
The most effective way to approach a revision session is to focus on understanding rather than memorising.

How do I cope when the exams get really close?

Avoid last-minute revision the night before.
Instead, complete your revision plan early, then relax for the rest of the day.
During this time, don't focus on passing or failing. If you've kept to your revision plan, and you're calm, the answers will come naturally.
Just before the exam itself, don't go 'testing' yourself on specific questions, and when you finally sit down avoid rushing into things. Read the whole paper.
Insha'Allah you'll pass. But failing doesn't mean you're a failure in life. Studying is simply PART of many people's lives, but it is Not the be-all and end all of it. It simply means you didn't manage to make the grade in a particular subject - this time around. The dunya is full of trials and problems which need facing. Remember and believe that everything is from Allah, and that everything occurs for a reason.

What are the common problems candidates face?

Putting off revision, finding excuses to do other things or leaving all the work until the last minute. The fact is the more you delay, the more likely you are to get into a stew and panic.
Unless you stick to a sensible revision timetable, there'll always be a tendency to think negatively. In this situation, many believe they're somehow unable to revise or are destined never to get the results they want.
Some people are also terrified of disappointing their parents. Often this is a self-imposed pressure, while others feel their folks have expectations which exceed their own. If you feel as if your mum/dad are on your back then talk to them. Clear the air to clear your head.
Perhaps the biggest problem surrounding revision and exams is stress. It can make even the most ardent reviser think they can't remember anything and even lead to panic attacks. Read some Qur'an, make dhikr, make some nafl prayers, and keep yourself calm.

So how should I deal with exam stress?

Try not to be frightened of stress, but to see it as a positive force - after all, it keeps you on your toes mentally, and can help you focus on the task in hand.
Learn to recognise when you're stressing out, and understand its causes. Often, a break or a chat with someone who knows the pressure you're under will get things into perspective.
Avoid comparing your abilities with your friends. Everyone approaches revision in different ways, so just make sure you've chosen the method that works best for you.
Panic is often triggered by hyperventilating (ie quick, shallow breaths). So if you feel yourself losing it during the exam, sit back for a moment and control your breathing.
Steer clear of any exam 'post-mortem'. Learning how other people got on can lead to worry about under-achieving.
Ultimately, don't lose sight of the fact that there is life after exams. Things might seem intense right now, but it won't last forever. Verily with every hardship there is Relief.

Sanobar
03-30-2006, 02:00 PM
nice advice mashaAllah! jazakaAllah for sharing it withus! :)
Try not to be frightened of stress, but to see it as a positive force - after all, it keeps you on your toes mentally, and can help you focus on the task in hand.
Learn to recognise when you're stressing out, and understand its causes. Often, a break or a chat with someone who knows the pressure you're under will get things into perspective.
dats wat i do! :giggling:

Mohammed Bilal
04-02-2006, 09:01 PM
I'd say probably notes my exams are coming up may 7th and i am definitely gonna start writing notes after these easter holidays! Phew! Or you could use spider diagrams to help you remember things. Hey its just an idea but remember to remember Allah whilst revising for Allah can help you get the best mark.

Mohammed Bilal
04-02-2006, 09:02 PM
But if you don't want to do that you could use the old fashioned way going through your old books.

Sister_6038
04-02-2006, 09:08 PM
firstly prepare yourself mentally
secondly organise yourself
then get to it
different people revise in different ways find the way that suit you best
personally i find that writing notes and doing my revision in small bites helps
i do forty mins of work and take twenty min breaks
i kno the breaks seem long but its better then losing my attention span and gettin about ten mins of work done
and keep with it
one key thing to remember is dnt forget Allah...seriously i find that keeping a page of duas nearby when im revising helps so much
inshaAllah i will get hold of them and post them if that helps

04-05-2006, 06:23 PM
oh mashAllah, i've NEVER suffered stress for exams. or thought i won't know the answer. OR not been able to finish in time. or failed. :D Allah is Great.

AnonymousPoster
01-09-2007, 07:08 PM

Yeah, stupid question. But what exactly is the proper way to revise? I cannot do it, as much as i try, I get so bored and give up! Ive tried about everything! If i do learn something, after a few days it goes, or it goes a few hours later!!!!

Sabbir_1
01-09-2007, 07:31 PM
first thing spend less time on internet... internet is one big time waster....

if u aint motivated than u aint gonna be bothered to revise.. motivate urself..

after a few days it goes, or it goes a few hours later!
How many times do u go over ur notes, keep going through them.. it aint gonna stick in ur head just by reading it once. keep going through it.

Ashley
01-09-2007, 07:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester

Yeah, stupid question. But what exactly is the proper way to revise? I cannot do it, as much as i try, I get so bored and give up! Ive tried about everything! If i do learn something, after a few days it goes, or it goes a few hours later!!!!

oh wow sis ur soo like me i cant bring my self to revise today i had science exam and da other night i didnt revise much god did i regret it argfhh
but the thing is i cant do anyfink abouh it ,i get soo bored n drift of to sleep!!:)

strider
01-09-2007, 07:54 PM
Assalamu alaikum

There is no 'one size fits all' type of technique. But some things which must be remembered universally are to be thorough and also committed to do well. You have it in your power to choose between failing and passing. So what is it that we want? InshaAllah, it will be the latter!

Right, for some tips (that work for me, inshaAllah they wil work for you too):
- Start early. Don't be a last minute crammer, especially if you do have a lot of material to absorb.

-Make a timetable, and stick to it! You have to be dedicated to doing well, to perform to your full potential!

-Don't be a parrot! Understand what you are learning, don't just memorise line after line mindlessly. You are more likely to forget information which carries no meaning to you. Make sense of what a theory or model is about, even put it into your own words. If you had to explain the same thing to a person who knew nothing on the subject, would you be able to do so?

-Revise in chunks. You are more likely to remember it for longer.

-If colour and pictures help you, then make cue cards.

-Maybe you are a person who makes up words to remember something else. Such as Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain = full spectrum.

-Don't give up! Somethings maybe difficult, but don't give up. If you can't make any sense of it, ask a teacher- it's what they are there for!

- Maintain a healthy diet. Don't skip breakfast.

-Get enough rest.

-Don't abandon your religious obligations.

lolwatever
01-10-2007, 11:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester

Because you only read without doing nethign else and endup falling asleep/gettin gbored. :D

First of all... wat subject u doing? if its physics/eco/chem sorta thing... read, write notes at the end of every point, re-summarise your notes, do excercises.

And after you finish the chapter, do a topic test (use the topic test ur teacher gives as the test), and after you finish syllabus, do practise exams under exam conditions.

That way you wont get bored... also aim to study in big solid blocks inshalah. And vary the stuff you study.... don't try studying chemistry for 3 weeks in a row. coz you'll die... try studying 3 hours of chem.. 2 hours of physics and 2.5 of math on the same day for example...

allt he best!!

lolwatever
01-10-2007, 12:04 PM
btw if its math.. write up formula notes with examples under each subtitle... its hard 2xplain wat i mean... if you want examples perhaps pm me if you're willin 2 reveal identity:?

andd... after u write up notes, the only way to be good at it is to do many many many probelms.. n once u master them, then you can start doing exam papers under xam conditiosn (or mock tests from itnernet or watever..)

and when stuck.. go back to basics :D
if lit... dont know dont care :uuh:

salams

jasmine_c
01-11-2007, 03:59 PM
You revise different ways for each subject but I know for Maths (if yo have a revision book) you think of the topic you're gonna do, write down everything you already know without looking at the page, turn to it an write down any other important information you missed. Then turn the piece of paper over and write down everything you wrote down from memory and check you've wrote everything. Then you answer the questions if there are any. By the way you're only supposed to do about 30mins or an hour with breaks every 15mins or something. Hope that helps :D

seeker_of_ilm
01-11-2007, 05:44 PM

I probably have one of the worst techniques. I cram a day or two before the exam lol. i.e. just now, I have a maths exam tomorrow, and I've started today.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.