/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hadith: The best a gift a Father can give to their Child...

Mu'maneen
04-24-2005, 03:25 AM
:sl:
Here is some information from my website Inshah'Allah:

"The best gift from a Father to his child is education and upbringing."
Hadith of At-Tirmidhi on the authority of Sa'id Ibn Al-'as.

Subhanallah. And in reality, is there anything better you can give to your child rather than education and a good Islamic upbringing?

A Father can give his child toys, wealth, women/men, etc, and still that child will have a terrible future ahead without an education and an Islamic upbringing together. A child that is obedient to their parents (as long as they are practicing Muslims of course) will be a happy child. One of the greatest rewards and the easiest way for an upbringing child to get into the Highest Gardens of Jenna, is obedience to the Parents.

A Mother or Father will find themselves upon death in a high position in Jenna, and they will ask Allah, "By Allah, how can I be in a position such as this, when I feel I do not deserve such a position?" And Allah will answer them, "It is because of the Du'a for you from your son/daughter". This is why Prophet Muhammad (salla Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) encouraged the children who have lost their parents to constantly make Du'a for them. Just their Du'a can save them from the punishment of the Grave as we can see from the following story:

Prophet Muhammad (salla Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) once passed by a woman who was laughing with her friends and he said to her that her Father is being punished in the Grave. She went home and cried to Allah to save him. When Muhammad (salla Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) passed by the ladies Father's Grave, he heard silence (meaning there was no punishment). He (salla Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) went back to the lady to inform her that her Du'a saved her father from further punishment from the Grave.

When a righteous Mother or Father sees the reward from the child's Du'a, they should have the desire to raise their child the Islamic way, why? Because they want their child to be happy and satisfied for what they have given them. The parents love their children and their child is the biggest blessing Allah has given to them. There is nothing more rewarding than being given a child from Allah. By bringing up their child for the sake of Allah, upon death the child will be so grateful towards their parents, and on seeing the reward of being pious, on The Day of Judgment that child will ask Allah to bestow blessings upon their parents and grant them the Highest Gardens of Paradise.

If a parent feels pity towards the child and allows them to do anything thinking that this is true love, then this will backfire on the Parents when the child faces the reality of death. On The Day of Judgment, the child will ask Allah to curse their parents who raised them in sin and allowed them to do anything they wanted, and will beg Allah to send them to the fire. The child, mother, and father will all be fuel for the Fire.
Subhanallah. Can we see anything better than raising a child for the sake of Allah?

One also needs to raise their child on the basis of education. One needs to educate their child with the Quran, Authentic Hadith, and the implementation of the Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (salla Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam). As well as that, one needs to encourage their children to attend school and to aim for a higher education for the future. Many Muslims believe that education is not important. It is extremely important, for the greatest Scientists of the past were Muslims. Muslims invented many things well before the Kuffar, such as algebra, scopes of anatomy etc.

A Father or Mother must be just towards their children as Prophet Muhammad (salla Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) has ordered us. It is a sin in itself for a parent to treat one child any better than any of their other children, as Prophet Muhammad (salla Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) has said:

"Fear Allah and treat your children equally."
Al-Bukhari.

'Umr (Radeallahu'Anhum) narrated:
I heard an-Nu'maan ibn Bashir on the pulpit saying: "My father gave me a gift but 'Amra bint Rawaha (my mother) said that she would not agree to it unless he made Allah's Messenger (salla Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) as a witness to it. So, my father went to Allah's Messenger (salla Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) and said: "I have given a gift to my son from 'Amra bint Rawah, but she ordered me to make you as a witness to it, O Allah's Messenger!" Allah's Messenger (salla Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) asked, "Have you given (the like of it) to everyone of yours sons?" he replied in the negative. Upon this, Allah's Messenger (salla Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said, "Fear Allah, and be just to your children." My father then returned and took back his gift."
Al-Bukhari.

It is a sad fact now that many Muslim parents can be seen to show more love towards one child over the other, or to treat one harshly over the other. For example, the parents may order the daughter to clean up all day, while allowing the son to relax. This is forbidden in Islam, and the parents shall be questioned on The Day of Rising.

To conclude. The Father and Mother must work together in a team, to raise their child the best way they can. Not just in education while leaving out their Islam, as that would be completely useless. There is no point in having a degree while not establishing the rules of a Muslim as their work will be fruitless. One must raise them up loving and implementing Islam in their lives, to love all their children equally and to treat them equally in all aspects in life.
By following these rules, one is guaranteed to have a family that is righteous, a family that would lead a healthy and happy life, and best of all, have a successful end upon death, where all will be reunited in the Gardens of Jenna with their Lord.

--------------------

Vist my new Islamic Site:
http://hstrial-besmail.homestead.com/islam.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Far7an
04-24-2005, 10:27 AM
MashaAllah, Barakallah feekum

Uthman
04-24-2005, 11:54 AM

Mash'Allah. :) Jazak'Allah khair for sharing. :) Indeed the best way to raise a child is for the sake of Allah. :)

Would this be better suited in the marriage section perhaps?

:w:

Mu'maneen
04-24-2005, 02:28 PM

Barakallahfekhie Fe Dunya Wal Akhira Dear Brothers of Islam.

--------------------

Vist my new Islamic Site:
http://hstrial-besmail.homestead.com/islam.htm

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Khayal
06-01-2005, 09:19 PM
:sl: Wr Wb

Beautiful sharing... :thumbs_up jazak ALLAH khair.

:w: Wr Wb

Khayal
02-07-2008, 04:54 PM

bump

Abdul-Raouf
07-24-2010, 06:08 PM
Jazakallah khair for sharing this info... Alhamdulillah.

alharbi
07-24-2010, 06:42 PM
La Illaha illa Allah , Jzak Allah Khir
may allah help us to be just with our family.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.